Author Topic: Line of Duty  (Read 88289 times)

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Line of Duty
« Reply #440 on: March 28, 2019, 01:52:05 pm »
Haven't watched it yet but they've put the opening scene from the new episode online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn2iszEQi_g

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: March 31, 2019, 08:52:19 pm »
Tick tock, tick tock.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #442 on: March 31, 2019, 08:54:43 pm »
Thank god I turned this on.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: March 31, 2019, 09:01:09 pm »
Anyone got the bottle left after today to watch an hour of this?

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #444 on: March 31, 2019, 10:06:44 pm »
Spoiler
:) Challenge accepted, Neil Morrisseys character DC Nigel Morton was also straight but claimed disability and forced into the cover up.
 You may be right about Hastings, I was thinking the same before  this series started and posted this a month ago.

Hastings was given a doctored file by Polly Walker, he told her to resign otherwise he would nick her with all the rest of the other bent coppers involved with the case.
Hastings had threatened her in one earlier episode and she told him something on the lines of. you've made a mistake in your career haven't you and just left it at that.

Seems a bit late for it to be a part of the plot in this series though, we shall see   :)
[close]

And we’re back in the room!  ;D  ;D
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: March 31, 2019, 10:07:37 pm »
Some ending. Bloody hell.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #446 on: March 31, 2019, 10:11:37 pm »
I'm breathless that ending.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #447 on: March 31, 2019, 10:11:44 pm »
Spoiler
Heart of darkness stuff, the Graham character is a Kurtz.
[close]
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #448 on: March 31, 2019, 10:15:33 pm »
So who is "H" ?  Hargreaves, Hilton or Hastings?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #449 on: March 31, 2019, 10:15:59 pm »
I'm breathless that ending.  :o

Yep
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: March 31, 2019, 10:19:34 pm »
That particular twist was a bit obvious to me.

I forgot to learn up on my police acronyms. I feel as if I was missing something.

Bloody great show though.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #451 on: March 31, 2019, 11:13:51 pm »
Thought it was a bit obvious too.

Steve’s obviously going to miss something glaring too.
AHA!

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: March 31, 2019, 11:22:34 pm »
And we’re back in the room!  ;D  ;D
:)
Spoiler
Nobody is above suspicion on the RAWK casefile, not even Hastings,   I don't know what Bindra was thinking. I knew she was a goner after 5 min, golden rule in these violent series , never start showing people photos of your kids. you always get bumped off when you do that. :) Lise is living on borrowed time as well.

[close]
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: April 1, 2019, 09:39:55 am »
Just watched the end bit again and still a bit confused

Spoiler
What was in the burner phone (A tracker?) that was given to Bindra by the gang, and who put it here?

Whatever is was got her killed. 
[close]

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: April 1, 2019, 09:40:49 am »
Worth watching?? From the start?

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #455 on: April 1, 2019, 10:03:04 am »
Just watched the end bit again and still a bit confused

Spoiler
What was in the burner phone (A tracker?) that was given to Bindra by the gang, and who put it here?

Whatever is was got her killed. 
[close]

Spoiler
Either a tracker or a wire tap I think. Guessing she was either working for AC12 to try and infiltrate the group or she was doing it for herself in an ill thought out attempt to make amends. Suspect it was the latter
[close]

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: April 1, 2019, 10:21:00 am »
Spoiler
Either a tracker or a wire tap I think. Guessing she was either working for AC12 to try and infiltrate the group or she was doing it for herself in an ill thought out attempt to make amends. Suspect it was the latter
[close]

Cheers mate. that's what i suspected

I suppose it will be made clearer and confirmed in the next episode.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #457 on: April 1, 2019, 12:23:21 pm »
My head couldn’t take watching this yesterday after our game! Will watch tonight. Do you need to recall everything that’s happened in past series (I’m a bit rusty!) or can you watch this ‘fresh’ as it were.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: April 1, 2019, 12:30:41 pm »
My head couldn’t take watching this yesterday after our game! Will watch tonight. Do you need to recall everything that’s happened in past series (I’m a bit rusty!) or can you watch this ‘fresh’ as it were.
Same.

Gonna watch it after TWD season finale tonight.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #459 on: April 1, 2019, 12:34:04 pm »
Spoiler
Nobody is above suspicion on the RAWK casefile, not even Hastings,   I don't know what Bindra was thinking. I knew she was a goner after 5 min, golden rule in these violent series , never start showing people photos of your kids. you always get bumped off when you do that. :) Lise is living on borrowed time as well.

[close]

Spoiler
I don't think it's a given that she's a goner. She was bleeding out but not dead.
[close]
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: April 1, 2019, 12:46:45 pm »

I think you could probably do with reading a quick recap of the previous series.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: April 1, 2019, 01:37:36 pm »
Spoiler
I don't think it's a given that she's a goner. She was bleeding out but not dead.
[close]
Spoiler
Maybe but I doubt it,  the boat house is their dumping ground for bodies, woods nearby. secluded, Hilton was found dead in the same spot at the end of the last series. I think Hilton was involved with Stephen Grahams character, Graham also bumped him off and thats when he lost contact with Powell.
EDIT, Just read this write up on last series, a social worker was also killed in the same spot.

How did ACC Hilton die and was he “H”?

Most likely murdered, then staged to look like suicide. When corrupt ACC Derek Hilton (Paul Higgins) got the tip-off that he was about to be arrested, he fled – a typical act of cowardice from the slippery senior cop. However, the shady gangland figures who’d been controlling Hilton soon caught up with him and silenced him for good.

His body was found at the same quayside as that of Oliver Stevens-Lloyd – the social worker who tried to blow whistle on the paedophile ring at Sands View Boys’ Home during series three's case. Strong chances are that wasn’t suicide either.

So was Hilton the mysterious top dog of the network of corrupt cops working for organised crime, known only by his initial “H”? Debatable. He was being blackmailed like those lower down the chain, which suggests not. Then again, he was the most senior officer on that rogue’s gallery of possible “H”s at AC-12 HQ.

“I’m satisfied H was ACC Hilton,” said Supt Ted Hastings. But did Hastings have an ulterior motive for saying that?
[close]
« Last Edit: April 1, 2019, 01:54:24 pm by oldfordie »
Chris Bryant

·

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: April 1, 2019, 06:18:07 pm »
Great return last night - the plot is secondary to just seeing Kate, Steve and Ted in an interview room interrogating the fuck out of some poor sod.

Saw an interesting theory on twitter that 'H' might be

Spoiler
Ted's wife
[close]
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: April 2, 2019, 02:02:08 pm »
God, I hope Hastings isn't the mastermind behind all of this. What a great character!

The "I didn't float up the Lagan in a bubble" line just confirmed his greatness. At this point I'll probably still root for him regardless of what he's been up to.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #464 on: April 2, 2019, 02:25:29 pm »
Spoiler
So is Stephen Graham an undercover cop who’s gone completely rogue? How long has he been on the inside if he’s the head of that gang?

Or will there be some other twist somehow. Like the officers shot at the beginning weren’t actually killed (and were in on it) for some other bigger reason that will be revealed later?

And loads of little shots of Hastings looking a bit dodgy, although they’ve done that through other series. They know we’ll read too much into every little thing I guess and fall for red herrings galore.
[close]

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: April 2, 2019, 02:31:40 pm »
Love Hasting's accommodation arrangements

Partridge-esq

Love to see Ted next episode with a big plate at breakfast using his sausage as a breakwater between his beans and eggs

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: April 2, 2019, 02:32:24 pm »
Spoiler
So is Stephen Graham an undercover cop who’s gone completely rogue? How long has he been on the inside if he’s the head of that gang?

Or will there be some other twist somehow. Like the officers shot at the beginning weren’t actually killed (and were in on it) for some other bigger reason that will be revealed later?

And loads of little shots of Hastings looking a bit dodgy, although they’ve done that through other series. They know we’ll read too much into every little thing I guess and fall for red herrings galore.
[close]
Spoiler
I can't see how he can order someone to be killed and still be a straight UCO. Leese his 2nd in command may also be a UCO gone rogue as well, we shall see.
[close]
« Last Edit: April 3, 2019, 01:40:05 am by oldfordie »
Chris Bryant

·

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #467 on: April 2, 2019, 02:34:40 pm »

Partridge-esq

Love to see Ted next episode with a big plate at breakfast using his sausage as a breakwater between his beans and eggs

Haha I thought that too. His Corby trouser press hadn’t been dismantled so he can’t have been there too long.

We’re there hints of troubles with his wife in the last series? I remember nothing!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: April 2, 2019, 02:42:36 pm »
Spoiler
Dead as fuck. They've all been wishing her well on Twitter and that they're gutted to see her go etc.
[close]

Thoughts and prayers are with her family

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: April 2, 2019, 02:46:19 pm »
Spoiler
Dead as fuck. They've all been wishing her well on Twitter and that they're gutted to see her go etc.
[close]
Spoiler
Amazing, twitters done away with ouija boards  :)
[close]
Chris Bryant

·

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #470 on: April 2, 2019, 03:18:37 pm »
Haha I thought that too. His Corby trouser press hadn’t been dismantled so he can’t have been there too long.

We’re there hints of troubles with his wife in the last series? I remember nothing!
Think they were separated in series one, they were definitely in the first episode of series two and were keeping up appearances, when they went for a meal with Steve and the copper that got threw out of a window.
AHA!

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: April 2, 2019, 08:45:12 pm »
God, I hope Hastings isn't the mastermind behind all of this. What a great character!

The "I didn't float up the Lagan in a bubble" line just confirmed his greatness. At this point I'll probably still root for him regardless of what he's been up to.

One of my favorite characters on TV. Although I'm a little disappointed he hasn't called anyone "Laddie" or "Wee Lassie" this series yet.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #472 on: April 3, 2019, 03:12:12 pm »
Either working with giants in one scene or Stephen Graham is a bit of a diddy man
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: April 3, 2019, 10:57:45 pm »

The money problems are mounting up for him. A quandary for me, as surely if he is H, he would have had money from the criminal underworld to pay off his wife and get a better hotel!

I feel it’s got to the point where Kate taking Hastings down could be the most fulfilling... line of duty?Whatever Sir Jed comes up with, though, I’m sure it will be genius.

I’m suspicious that the new PC, Tatleen, worked out Maneet’s cousin link too easily, she could well be a plant and was giving beardy Steve a good ogle. She’s up to something!

Prediction: Ted is H, Tatleen gets close to Steve and compromises his investigation into Stephen Graham - Kate arrests Ted and links to the past with the criminal underworld and the Masons are being used to blackmail him. Stephen Graham is killed by the (perhaps) other UCO as he voyages deeper into the Heart of Darkness. Would Jed do this to the patriarch and in some ways the moral compass of AC-12?

Would that taint the other series?
« Last Edit: April 3, 2019, 11:09:04 pm by JamesG L4 »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #474 on: April 3, 2019, 11:13:41 pm »

Partridge-esq

Guys, guys, I can't believe you missed the massive fucking clue.

The undercover operation is Operation Pear Tree. Named after the famous production company.
He's the power behind Hastings. Why do you think he was pulled in by the coppers the other night??
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #475 on: April 3, 2019, 11:51:56 pm »
Guys, guys, I can't believe you missed the massive fucking clue.

The undercover operation is Operation Pear Tree. Named after the famous production company.
He's the power behind Hastings. Why do you think he was pulled in by the coppers the other night??

Pete Carr?

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: April 7, 2019, 10:34:41 am »

Technical this is wrong. He should have said the Erne instead of the Lagan
mines a pint

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: April 7, 2019, 04:08:43 pm »
Spoiler
Was wondering why Grahams gang keep leaving the bodies on the quayside,3 up to now all found in the same spot.  1st man found was killed to stop him exposing paedophiles, sounds like Grahams gang have had orders to get rid of him, then again Graham might be trying to pass suspicion onto others.
[close]
Chris Bryant

·

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: April 7, 2019, 07:47:43 pm »

The undercover operation is Operation Pear Tree.

Soon as I heard that i had a little chuckle. :)

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: April 7, 2019, 10:00:06 pm »
Teasing bastards. :D