Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool Manager (ours to keep - or at least till 2018)  (Read 963948 times)

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool Manager
« Reply #640 on: February 16, 2014, 07:22:11 pm »

We have the sixth best away record in the league and we have been to all of the top teams already. It's not much of a concern.
it's really isn't as much off a worry as whats made out. Said before but for as bad as ours is. City's and Chelsea's isn't much better (2points and 3points better then ours)

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: February 16, 2014, 07:23:22 pm »
our away form is better than the results would suggest.

we were very unlucky to not get something from today and the away games against city and chelsea.

I'd be more worried if we were actually playing badly in those games, which wasn't the case.

Online Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: February 16, 2014, 07:25:44 pm »
it's really isn't as much off a worry as whats made out. Said before but for as bad as ours is. City's and Chelsea's isn't much better (2points and 3points better then ours)
They still have to come and play us as well  ;)

Offline Not worthy

• Anny Roader
  • Raaj Carragher Khalsa
« Reply #643 on: February 16, 2014, 07:32:54 pm »
Incredible!! Are people complaining after that performance? We've had way worse away shows than that this season. Sturridge could've easily had a hat trick had he brought his shooting boots on and that is ignoring a farcical refereeing performance from that twat Webb. This was one of our best performances at the Emirates in quite a few years. People moaning at Rodgers for this need to have a word with themselves.

I agree with this, I saw enough today, to be confident we can beat, West Ham, Southampton etc away.  All the games against top sides are at home now.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #644 on: February 16, 2014, 07:53:52 pm »
Credit to FSG, they got the right man.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: February 16, 2014, 08:06:56 pm »

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: February 16, 2014, 08:28:43 pm »
Good positive changes from Rodgers, if Sturridge finishes one of those early chances we get a result, both sides wanted to play counter attacking football and the first goal allowed them to do so. 

He has worked wonders with Sterling, the lad is our best player at present.

Only issue i have is Jones in for Mignolet i think we need to build the defensive partnerships as much as possible. Jones did fine, never been a fan of not starting your best keeper.

Today the luck was not with him.

No time for caution.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: February 16, 2014, 08:34:59 pm »
Dunno why people keep going on about "needing to sort out our away form" - yeah great thanks for that insight. If our away form was as good and deadly as at Anfield we'd be winning everything there is to win. We're only 18 months into his tenure. It took Rafa about that long to get it right away from home in the league.

We've got the most creative and exciting team to watch since Fowler and McManaman were tearing through the league, maybe more so. We're progressing miles faster than any team I can think of in the last 15 years bar Chelsea in 2004. So much to be optimistic about, regardless of how this season ends.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #648 on: February 16, 2014, 10:29:01 pm »
Please read and then post eh.

Just lock the fucker pal, this is unreal.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #649 on: February 16, 2014, 10:32:01 pm »
Great game from him today to be honest. Let down by Howard Webb and Sturridge.

We really need to strengthen that bench though, his severe lack of substitutions proves that.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #650 on: February 16, 2014, 11:10:25 pm »
The team was set up to win, they played well with lots of spirit. We take the defeat on the chin and move on.
If any mistakes have been made by BR of the players I have no doubt in time he will address those issues.  Rome wasnt built in a day.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #651 on: February 16, 2014, 11:40:45 pm »

We really need to strengthen that bench though, his severe lack of substitutions proves that.

Agreed, was confused when he took off the left back, yet for the next 20 mins that substitution had Arsenal petrified on the right wing. What a tactical switch! What balls!
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: February 16, 2014, 11:41:53 pm »
Has made this the most exciting Liverpool team I have ever seen. Much rather watch this bunch than any of the other teams we have had, including the team of 08/09.

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: February 16, 2014, 11:48:50 pm »
One of the few games this season where we've played really well and still lost - the fact it's rarely happening, I take to be a good sign.
Rodgers has us playing football on an incredible level after 18 months... where are we going to be by the end of next season?

Offline EssRED

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #654 on: February 16, 2014, 11:50:57 pm »
Big fan of Rodgers and am loving how much we have improved since he came in.

It's obvious that he either doesn't think Luis Alberto, Aspas and Moses are good enough or not yet ready for the English game, the case of the first two. However, when needing a goal, e.g. at Fulham in the week (I know he brought on Teixeira whom I rate from watching the U21s and it worked out), against Arsenal today, at West Brom, home to Villa, is it not worth bringing on one of Luis Alberto, Aspas or Moses (when on the bench) to see if they can make a difference.

I'm not saying they will score the winner, get an assist, or make the difference, but shouldn't they get a chance? I just think that trying something different might work. An example, though in the minority, would be Macheda vs Aston Villa on 08/09. No-one would really have expected him to score the winner, but things like that can happen and come the end of the season, it could make all the difference that is needed.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #655 on: February 16, 2014, 11:55:05 pm »
Big fan of Rodgers and am loving how much we have improved since he came in.

It's obvious that he either doesn't think Luis Alberto, Aspas and Moses are good enough or not yet ready for the English game, the case of the first two. However, when needing a goal, e.g. at Fulham in the week (I know he brought on Teixeira whom I rate from watching the U21s and it worked out), against Arsenal today, at West Brom, home to Villa, is it not worth bringing on one of Luis Alberto, Aspas or Moses (when on the bench) to see if they can make a difference.

I'm not saying they will score the winner, get an assist, or make the difference, but shouldn't they get a chance? I just think that trying something different might work. An example, though in the minority, would be Macheda vs Aston Villa on 08/09. No-one would really have expected him to score the winner, but things like that can happen and come the end of the season, it could make all the difference that is needed.

They've had their chances before. Have they made the difference in those games? There is your answer
Better looking than Samie.

Offline EssRED

• Kemlynite
« Reply #656 on: February 17, 2014, 12:03:51 am »
They've had their chances before. Have they made the difference in those games? There is your answer

Whilst in a different match situation, Luis Alberto came on with not long left at Spurs and got an assist.

The difference could be one piece of skill, one shot etc. To not think that any of them have that capability is worrying, given that they are all professional footballers.

I would add that I don't think Aspas and Luis Alberto have had sufficient chances.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: February 17, 2014, 12:11:03 am »
Whilst in a different match situation, Luis Alberto came on with not long left at Spurs and got an assist.

The difference could be one piece of skill, one shot etc. To not think that any of them have that capability is worrying, given that they are all professional footballers.

I would add that I don't think Aspas and Luis Alberto have had sufficient chances.

Rodgers is a professional manager. I'm sure he runs through all the variables before deciding.

Offline audiojelly

• Boys Pen
« Reply #658 on: February 17, 2014, 12:56:51 am »
I appreciate that he is very humble, and preferred to not take part in all the publicity whor*ng like some of the top four managers love to do.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #659 on: February 17, 2014, 01:01:21 am »
Rodgers is a professional manager. I'm sure he runs through all the variables before deciding.

That's not what you meant to say.  ;)

Tim Sherwood is a professional manager. David Moyes is a professional manager.

Rodgers is an exception to the general run of British managers in that he does appear to run through all the variables before deciding, no?  :wave
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #660 on: February 17, 2014, 01:05:52 am »
Mark my words - we will win the league at least once in the next 3 seasons, including this one.

Once that defense gets sorted and a few nice additions are made to the squad in the summer this team is going to be relentless. The league and its refs can try all it likes to influence games but Rodgers will ensure that negative bias has no chance to knock us off our path to glory.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #661 on: February 17, 2014, 01:27:55 am »
Has made this the most exciting Liverpool team I have ever seen. Much rather watch this bunch than any of the other teams we have had, including the team of 08/09.

We're playing the best football of any Liverpool side in a decade, easily, though the 08-09 side played some absolutely quality stuff at times, Rodgers football is definitely more aesthetically pleasing, plus our attacking threat is huge.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #662 on: February 17, 2014, 01:28:12 am »
One of the few games this season where we've played really well and still lost - the fact it's rarely happening, I take to be a good sign.
Rodgers has us playing football on an incredible level after 18 months... where are we going to be by the end of next season?

Relegated.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: February 17, 2014, 01:39:13 am »
That's not what you meant to say.  ;)

Tim Sherwood is a professional manager. David Moyes is a professional manager.

Rodgers is an exception to the general run of British managers in that he does appear to run through all the variables before deciding, no?  :wave

That's an interesting take on the situation :D

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #664 on: February 17, 2014, 05:16:52 am »

In other news, Brendan Rodgers is still the manager of Liverpool FC. Happy!
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #665 on: February 17, 2014, 06:03:04 am »

He can be forgiven for having an off day though. And lets not forget Aggers miss at the end. He should of buried that.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #666 on: February 17, 2014, 06:09:18 am »

This. And it's good to see it's come from a man who wasn't entirely convinced by BR at first.

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: February 17, 2014, 06:13:16 am »
Our boys were magnificent last night. The performance wasn't a 10/10 but the spirit, the courage and the willingness to bomb forward and pin down Arsenal the purveyors of pure football and make them look like fucking Stoke City playing vintage Pulis tactics has to be commended. Our finishing wasn't the best, we made defensive errors particularly on the first goal and then we had Howard fucking Webb to contend with. That's 3 penalties he has denied us this season. Hopefully someone pulls up and forces him to watch those clips again and again and again with a blaring eery voice going 'That's a penalty you shit c*nt' until its etched in his overinflated head.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline ReeNah

• Kopite
  • I bleed RED!
« Reply #668 on: February 17, 2014, 06:33:37 am »
Great game where the better team lost.

If we played this game a little later in the season we would have won. Arsenal had their blood boiling and basically we were playing a rat backed into a corner. Still I thought we were clearly better.

Sturridge knew that he lost us that game. Looked dejected after the game. Then again he had scored in his last 8 games so maybe he was upset his record came to an end.
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail"
Benjamin Franklin

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: February 17, 2014, 07:24:46 am »
Im one of those who was underwhelmed by his appointment. He wouldn't even have made my top 10 choices list. Im happy to say he has proven me so wrong and i hope he continues to. He also represents the club very well.

Offline ecu

• Never get into a discussion with him, he's a fucking idiot by his own confession
  • Main Stander
  • Driving hard isn't going to get us home any faster
« Reply #670 on: February 17, 2014, 07:49:51 am »
Delighted Rodgers is Liverpool manager and not that classless little toe-rag at Chelsea. 

Offline SMASHerano

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #671 on: February 17, 2014, 12:24:55 pm »
He can be forgiven for having an off day though. And lets not forget Aggers miss at the end. He should of buried that.

Yeah, any striker in the world has an off-day.

As for Agger, I agree as well, people say he got punched in the face but that was after he headed it.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #672 on: February 17, 2014, 12:29:30 pm »

As for Agger, I agree as well, people say he got punched in the face but that was after he headed it.
By a split second or so, and he could see it coming. If you think that wouldn't put any player off then your expectations are far too high.

Offline SMASHerano

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #673 on: February 17, 2014, 12:33:41 pm »
By a split second or so, and he could see it coming. If you think that wouldn't put any player off then your expectations are far too high.

If that's the case then fair enough.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #674 on: February 17, 2014, 12:35:09 pm »
If that's the case then fair enough.
Well I don't know for sure obviously but it does seem very likely.

And it should have been a penalty

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #675 on: February 17, 2014, 12:49:50 pm »
Generally when our manager goes after a ref, it's warranted. And even the back pages agree. Savvy.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline LFC_Verve

• Kopite
« Reply #676 on: February 17, 2014, 02:18:15 pm »
Please read and then post eh.

I didn't intend to come across so negatively, I think the frustration over yesterday's game (Webb) rubbed off on that post. Think I'll give myself a cooling period of 1/2 hrs after a game for now on!

Brendan has/and is doing a superb job. I was sceptical about his appointment originally, mainly because I thought Kenny warranted another season, but FSG has proven the doubters wrong and clearly called it right. I'm sure Kenny would be the first to say it too.

The style of football on display is so enjoyable to watch, and the progress made by the players (both young and old) is a credit to Brendan.

It's a shame we've failed to secure so many of our transfer targets over recent windows but as long as we continue what we're doing (and we will only improve), that should no longer be a problem once we secure a top 4 spot. Hey, I'm still not one of those people writing off our title chances, our destiny is in our own hands with the games at home to Chelsea/Man City.

No matter where we finish, it's clear that we've made hugely significant progress over Brendan. I'm sure he'll get a much deserved contract in the summer.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:24:36 pm by LFC_Verve »

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #677 on: February 17, 2014, 02:20:50 pm »
I didn't intent to come across so negatively, I think the frustration over yesterday's game (Webb) rubbed off on that post.
You've missed the point - the point you made had been made on the page before - and refuted.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #678 on: February 17, 2014, 08:00:09 pm »
Wenger - and every other top level manager - is smarter than that. The only way to play and win that particular game is to outright lie about injuries to players, but even that would soon be found out. Rodgers gives out only as much as he knows the opponent knows.
I think Rickardino has a good point PoP. Rafa for example stated in his book that for 4 games in a row he had us drill corners into the back post as he knew that Chelsea were weak defending corners on the near post. Rafa knew that most managers will prepare for a big game by analysing the previous 3 - 4 games, so he sent them off scent by manipulating their analysis.

Chelsea then proceeded to man the back post strongly in the next game against us, weakening their already weak near post, which allowed Agger score from the first corner of the game.

That was Rafa being cunning, and outfoxing Mourinho. Ricardinho's points aren't too far removed from that.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #679 on: February 19, 2014, 07:42:11 pm »
I'm not worried about our away form - yes, it may cause us to ultimately miss out on the title, but can you seriously expect us to have that level of perfection to perform as well away as we do at home? Our home record is almost perfect and we should revel in that fact in such an early stage of our development. Our sides under Rafa fell down because our home form was not always good enough (lots of draws) so you cannot always have it all.

Away form is something that needs to be improved upon, but it will take time. We have already improved over the season, compare the 2-0 loss to Arsenal earlier in the season, to the performance on Sunday - much, much closer and we went close against City. The team set up is improving and, apart from the odd horror show, we are doing well now.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...