Author Topic: Liverpool's Midfield  (Read 1823603 times)

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool's Midfield
« Reply #19480 on: August 11, 2023, 07:08:09 am »
Caicedo, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Jones, Elliott, Thiago, Bajcetic, Trent.

Some rebuild that. Credit where it’s due, the club has exceeded my expectations of what I thought we may do there this summer. Klopp must be over the moon, we’ve done brilliantly.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #19481 on: August 11, 2023, 07:50:25 am »
Would the rest of our budget be better spent on defenders?

Rest of the budget?

That’s it til 2027!

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19482 on: August 11, 2023, 08:05:40 am »
Assuming we get Caicedo over the line, the three midfield signings we’ve made are as good a set of players in one window as we would ever likely get.  If going for Bellingham would’ve meant missing out on at least two of these, I’d take how it’s worked out now in a heartbeat.  The midfielders gone don’t really compare in terms of technical ability, energy and more importantly how they fit with what Klopp wants his midfield to be. Even Hendo and Fab were square pegs in round holes in the box system.  Assuming these stay fit and adapt quickly, along with the attacking options we have, this could be some side.  I’ve been critical of FSG since the dallying over Lavia, but hold my hands up as completely wrong if they’ve just gone and bought one of the top 3 DM’s in Europe.
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #19483 on: August 11, 2023, 08:12:52 am »
Amateurs

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19484 on: August 11, 2023, 08:24:49 am »
Caicedo, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Jones, Elliott, Thiago, Bajcetic, Trent.

Some rebuild that. Credit where it’s due, the club has exceeded my expectations of what I thought we may do there this summer. Klopp must be over the moon, we’ve done brilliantly.

This just looks like a perfect blend of everything you need, with a ridiculous scope for development improvement as well.

The europa league and other cups will be an amazing opportunity for Jones, Elliot and Bajcetic to really kick on this year.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #19485 on: August 11, 2023, 08:29:35 am »
Whatever the numbers are, we've lost the knack of doing business. Bearing in mind Brighton would've snapped your hand off at £80M if purchased with MacAllister and been here for a full pre season, it's not brilliant business.

From a team perspective we've made three quality signings.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19486 on: August 11, 2023, 08:29:48 am »
Do the new midfield signings also give the option to go back to the traditional 4-3-3?

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #19487 on: August 11, 2023, 08:47:08 am »
Do the new midfield signings also give the option to go back to the traditional 4-3-3?

I can see Trent playing rb with Caicedo, covering him when we push forward like Hendo used to do.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline ademuzzy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #19488 on: August 11, 2023, 08:58:04 am »
I can see Trent playing rb with Caicedo, covering him when we push forward like Hendo used to do.

This is what I think we should do, doesn’t make sense playing this “new formation” unless some reinforcements are brought it.

Exciting times for this team though.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19489 on: August 11, 2023, 09:13:58 am »
Pretty mad we've gone from ancient and can barely run to now no doubt being called "inexperienced" in midfield next time we lose a game. An incredible job. Great work from the transfer team (and Brighton for supplying most of our midfield!)

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #19490 on: August 11, 2023, 09:17:58 am »
What a signing!! Absolutely shocked we've spent this much - fingers crossed this doesn't mean outgoings are imminent

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #19491 on: August 11, 2023, 09:25:57 am »
Would be surprised if this makes any difference to our formation, still fully expect to see the same tactics we've used pre-season.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #19492 on: August 11, 2023, 09:51:33 am »
Midfield looks good on paper now
The 3 new lads and Elliott, Jones, Bajcetic backing them up as well as Thiago for now...
Possibly one more needed for additional cover? but nothing to complain about as is from me

Looking forward to see what Klopp does with this
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19493 on: August 11, 2023, 10:21:34 am »
Sorry if i have missed it but what is/was the deadline for registering players in time for Sunday?

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19494 on: August 11, 2023, 11:06:28 am »
Will his kit be back from the tailors in time for Sunday? Has he secured his seat on the team coach yet?

He could be held up in the autocup scheme enrolment queue currently well over an hour wait.

Offline collytum

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19495 on: August 11, 2023, 12:19:25 pm »
Apparently he only wants to sign for chelsea now?

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #19496 on: August 11, 2023, 12:34:33 pm »
Apparently he only wants to sign for chelsea now?

Yeah been seeing this on twitter. Hopefully not true
You'd think we would have had an indication he wanted to join before we agreed a fee

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19497 on: August 11, 2023, 12:56:48 pm »
Well back to square 1.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19498 on: August 11, 2023, 01:05:17 pm »
Massive shame we've missed out on Caicedo - the fact we only tried to acquire him a few weeks back is another example of our neglience in transfer dealings in recent years. He could have been the diference between a title challenge and scraping top 4.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19499 on: August 11, 2023, 01:05:48 pm »
It's a big team, that's true. A very historic team which I can't say no [to joining] because it's a very big, historic, beautiful team," he told TC Deportes. "The city as well is beautiful. It's got everything beautiful."

This is what the lad said back in May about the prospect of joining Chelsea. Another player who's been seduced by the bright lights of London.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19500 on: August 11, 2023, 01:10:16 pm »
It's a big team, that's true. A very historic team which I can't say no [to joining] because it's a very big, historic, beautiful team," he told TC Deportes. "The city as well is beautiful. It's got everything beautiful."

This is what the lad said back in May about the prospect of joining Chelsea. Another player who's been seduced by the bright lights of London.

Obviously doesn't know the place stinks of rat piss

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #19501 on: August 11, 2023, 01:14:15 pm »
Lol Caicedo rejected us, we are a laughing stock with the way we handled this transfer market.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #19502 on: August 11, 2023, 01:38:17 pm »
So what now? Is anything happening or are we in perpetual limbo bidding?
#JFT97

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19503 on: August 11, 2023, 01:39:43 pm »
Lol Caicedo rejected us, we are a laughing stock with the way we handled this transfer market.

How? Also are you a little insecure child?

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #19504 on: August 11, 2023, 01:45:15 pm »

It's one of those situations where I think the agent has the upper hand and is probably leading a bidding war to drive his price up. We may or may not win but for me this feels like a big moment in our transfer window. Obviously the journalists are milking it also to keep the story moving along. Time will tell and until then none of us know what is really going on behind the scenes.
#JFT97

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #19505 on: August 11, 2023, 01:47:21 pm »

2 Midfields in and 5 Midfields out for a start, keep up little one ;)

Offline Corbykop

• Main Stander
« Reply #19506 on: August 11, 2023, 01:47:33 pm »
So does that mean we're back in for Lavia or what's the other options if this deal has fallen through?

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19507 on: August 11, 2023, 01:50:01 pm »
Considering that Chelsea have spent well over half a billion pounds over the past 12 months, how the fuck are they able to be in a position to spend massive amounts of money yet again ? Are they exempt, just like City, from FFP ?

Offline Sterome77

• Kemlynite
« Reply #19508 on: August 11, 2023, 01:56:08 pm »
Presumably the talk of Chelsea coming back in with an improved bid has caused him to dig his heels in.  We've dodged a bullet as far as I'm concerned.  Looks like we've narrowly avoided shelling out £111 million for a player who doesn't want to be here.

We need to sign the right players.  That's not just about talent, that's about commitment and buying in to the club and the manager's vision.  Give me a Lavia who really wants to be here over a Caicedo who'd rather be somewhere else, any day of the week.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #19509 on: August 11, 2023, 01:57:32 pm »
Have we as a club really bid a British record amount for a player that doesn't want to come to us if reports are true. If so then the club will look really stupid. Surely you establish the players wants to come to you before bidding? It looks like we might have to match Southampton's valuation for Lavia if they wish to replenish our midfield options.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19510 on: August 11, 2023, 02:03:41 pm »
Presumably the talk of Chelsea coming back in with an improved bid has caused him to dig his heels in.  We've dodged a bullet as far as I'm concerned. Looks like we've narrowly avoided shelling out £111 million for a player who doesn't want to be here.

We need to sign the right players.  That's not just about talent, that's about commitment and buying in to the club and the manager's vision.  Give me a Lavia who really wants to be here over a Caicedo who'd rather be somewhere else, any day of the week.

Yeah, that's my way of thinking now. We want players who are hungry for success. I might be wrong, but the Brighton lad seems to have other priorities. Only time will tell I suppose.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #19511 on: August 11, 2023, 02:25:03 pm »
It's easy for us to say he's making the wrong decision but I doubt it just concerns his back pocket. Chelsea have been after him for a while now and if I was a player I think it'd be hard not to be swayed by the team showing the most interest in you rather than coming in late on. As fans we show no objectivity in all these stupid sagas. Was the same with Salah when he apparently rejected us so everyone just thought fuck him without knowing the full story. By the sounds of it the agent has been messing different parties around. Who fucking knows anymore.

Wouldn't be too disappointed if it falls through, just providing we get a couple more men in. He's probably exactly what we need but the money goes beyond eye watering. Find the next best thing to play #6 and a top centre half and it'll be a good summer I think, just a shame we've not been able to get them in earlier, plus lighter numbers wise in the middle.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19512 on: August 11, 2023, 02:36:11 pm »

Do you really care what the opposition thinks of us? People laugh at LFC over any kind of shite so who really gives a fuck?
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19513 on: August 11, 2023, 02:43:10 pm »
Presumably the talk of Chelsea coming back in with an improved bid has caused him to dig his heels in.  We've dodged a bullet as far as I'm concerned.  Looks like we've narrowly avoided shelling out £111 million for a player who doesn't want to be here.

This
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #19514 on: August 11, 2023, 03:00:00 pm »
Is Caicedo going to join us or not?  I can't make heads or tails of where things stand at present.

Offline Eddie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Spirit Of Shankly Member 10410
« Reply #19515 on: August 11, 2023, 03:06:03 pm »
Disappointing to miss out if true, but just heard that the lad and his agents tried to force a move to Arsenal last January by handing in a transfer request to De Zerbi. Apparently, the reason it never happened is because Arsenal refused to meet Brighton's asking price. If this is the way the player and his agents operate, we may have swerved one. If he progressed under Klopp, what's to stop the same thing happening if Madrid come knocking in a year? They wouldn't be offering anything like £110M, but suspect his agents would cause ructions with us to move him to Madrid for another massive kerching bonus.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19516 on: August 11, 2023, 05:05:51 pm »
Remember Lou Macari turning us down in the early 70's, don't remember many more though but there was probably a few more over the years.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19517 on: August 11, 2023, 05:12:15 pm »

Completey agree. His antics over being denied a move to Arsenal were infantile so I am not bothered about him joining us. Although he might have been an asset his attitude is not one for our dressing room.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #19518 on: August 11, 2023, 06:48:34 pm »
Remember Lou Macari turning us down in the early 70's, don't remember many more though but there was probably a few more over the years.
We avoided the repeat of the embarrassment by not bidding for Cantona and the fake Ronaldo...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19519 on: August 11, 2023, 07:37:37 pm »
The way the club is being run is beyond a joke. Has been since we let Lovren go without a proper replacement.