Author Topic: Statistics and Analytics - insight into our performance  (Read 194369 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
With 3 games to go we're 5 goals away from 100 in this mad season.
« Reply #720 on: May 9, 2016, 06:39:27 pm »
All competitions, granted. But a great return after we struggled so much with finding the net and had so many strikers injured. 100 goals within sight.

61 League Goals
6 FA Cup Goals
10 League Cup Goals
18 Europa League Goals

City are the only comparable team - they've played the same number of League Cup & FA Cup games as us, and also reached a European Semi Final - currently on 108 goals.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2016, 07:03:56 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: With 3 games to go we're 5 goals away for 100 from this mad season.
« Reply #721 on: May 9, 2016, 06:42:06 pm »
Crazy, our attack looked like a dysfunctional mess for a few months

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #722 on: May 9, 2016, 06:45:37 pm »
On 61 in the league, which is the same as WHU and Arsenal (game in hand on the latter). Only Leicester (67), Spurs (68) and City (70) have scored more, although they've all played a game extra.

Wouldn't have called that after the start of the season, even less so with the injuries to our strikers.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #723 on: May 9, 2016, 06:50:57 pm »
Crazy, our attack looked like a dysfunctional mess for a few months
Our attack was broken until mid-February when Sturridge, Coutinho and Origi got back from their injuries. It was probably around time things have started falling into place. Benteke was permanently benched, 3 aforementioned players returned from their injuries etc.

I think next season we`ll be a major goalscoring machine in this league even if we don`t bring any reinforcements in the final third though I`m sure we will. Firmino, Sturridge, Coutinho and Origi all have enough quality to score 15 goals in the league each. When it comes to our profligacy in front of the goal this is our best moment since Suarez left. It`s been a long and painful 18 months in front of the goal.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Andrew Beasley (BassTunedToRed)
Re: Using Stats to Talk about Liverpool
« Reply #724 on: September 11, 2016, 12:12:48 pm »
I'm compiling various Liverpool stats this season which are available to all via google docs

Appearances, Minutes played, Goals and Assists: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vECtu09ScOM374eRCBNtZSpF3KTqJQsoTWQubUXpplc/edit#gid=0

Chance creation combinations and shot stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MHI2WHqKVggkNfd3fgxqy6g5KeLzCFehgrTGjYkTH0Q/edit#gid=0

I update them at some point after each match, but the links stay the same. All feedback gratefully received.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #725 on: September 11, 2016, 12:15:51 pm »
Did anybody else see our stats for this season so far in terms of chances created, goals, possession etc on SSN? We're leading the way in most departments and trailing only City in some. I know stats have limited value but they are worthy numbers and bode well for the season ahead.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #726 on: September 14, 2016, 02:01:42 pm »
Did anybody else see our stats for this season so far in terms of chances created, goals, possession etc on SSN? We're leading the way in most departments and trailing only City in some. I know stats have limited value but they are worthy numbers and bode well for the season ahead.

Very promising when you consider we've played Tottenham, Arsenal and Leicester.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline The Woolster

• Main Stander
« Reply #727 on: September 14, 2016, 02:13:34 pm »

Stats actually have a lot of value in measuring team strength, however the shot/possession stats SSN were talking about have been massively bumped up by the Burnley game and us going behind so early in it, and so in what is still a small sample, have limited value.

Going by the various expected goal models, I think we are in the 3rd to 5th range from what I can remember seeing.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: September 16, 2016, 10:21:43 pm »
Sky had a nice graphic up about Lallana and why he's such a Klopp type player before the game tonight, I don't suppose anyone has a picture of it?
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline BassTunedToRed

• Kopite
« Reply #729 on: September 28, 2016, 11:09:57 am »
My latest blog post, which the stat-minded should enjoy!

The Stats That Suggest Klopp’s Liverpool Is Taking Shape

The Liverpool Echo had an article at the weekend which claimed to have ‘the proof Liverpool fans are right to be excited by start of season‘. It spoke of the Reds scoring four-or-more goals in the first two home games for the first time in the top flight since 1922, and scoring the most goals the club has managed in the opening eight games since 1895, and there were some impressive individual player stats from the Hull City rout thrown in too.

This is all well and good, but finishing can blow both hot and cold so for an amateur football analyst like myself a little deeper digging into the underlying numbers is required, and the good news is that the findings are both positive and, based on Klopp’s managerial history, entirely expected.

When the German first took over at Anfield, I wrote this free piece for The Tomkins Times about how consistently impressive Dortmund’s shots on target ratios were under Jürgen Klopp: https://tomkinstimes.com/2015/10/jurgen-klopp-can-balance-defence-and-attack/. Rather than regurgitate the article in full here, I will re-post the table of shots on target ratios and the key paragraph here.

I’ve looked at seven seasons of Premier League data for this, and only one team has either averaged over 6.8 shots on target per game, or posted a SoTR of over 70%. In fact, it was one team who did both: the Chelsea side of 2009/10 (whose manager Liverpool definitely haven’t spoken to), yet we can see here that Klopp’s Dortmund managed both of these feats on their way to the title in 2010/11, and also hit over seven shots on target per game in 2013/14.

This season, Liverpool average 7.2 shots on target per league game, and their shots on target ratio is a very impressive 69.4%. One other point from the above article is definitely worth mentioning here: the Champions in the Premier League for the previous seven seasons averaged 66% on this front (though Leicester went onto win the title with only 56%, putting a slight dent in this), so Klopp’s team have started 2016/17 very well indeed.

Now it would be folly to assume at this point that this level of performance will definitely continue for the whole campaign; as much as we’d like them to, the Reds won’t hit double figures for shots on target for every single home game this season, as they have so far. As an aside, Liverpool’s last two home games are in a group of just eighteen league games from the previous 310 (from August 2008 onwards) where the Reds have had eleven-or-more shots on target.

What we can say though is that Liverpool’s performance for this early part of the 2016/17 season has basically matched that of the best Premier League team statistically (in terms of shots on target at least) from the last eight seasons.

It’s only fair to point out that at this early stage of the campaign there are other teams with better shots on target ratios than Liverpool; Southampton have posted 70.8%, and Everton a remarkable 76.5%. Tottenham aside, Everton have yet to face anyone that likely to finish in the top half though, whilst Southampton have travelled to Arsenal and Manchester United (plus West Ham) in fairness, but have had three likely bottom half sides at home. I think it’s safe to say that Liverpool have had the hardest run so far.

It’s also interesting to draw some parallels with the manager’s career at Dortmund. Last season, Klopp’s Liverpool posted a shots on target ratio of 60%, which was a very creditable effort when taking over mid-season (and the average level posted by the Premier League’s fourth placed teams), and which matches his side’s efforts in 2009/10. BVB’s ratio then leaped to 71.2% the following season, and they won the league.

Are we seeing a similar pattern begin to emerge at Liverpool? I keep saying it’s too early to be sure, but the Reds’ start to 2016/17 certainly suggests it’s a possibility at least. Either way, the shots on target numbers imply to me that Klopp’s Liverpool appear to be taking shape in the same way that his illustrious Dortmund side did.

After the thirty-six league games they’ve played under the management of Jürgen Klopp, Liverpool’s shots on target ratio is 62%, which is the average that the team finishing third posts, and is one that has only been bettered by twenty-two of the 160 team seasons from the last eight years in the Premier League. If the Reds can continue to average seven shots on target per game and a ratio of 69%, then rest assured this will be a very special season indeed, even if no more 120 year old scoring records are broken along the way.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:12:29 am by BassTunedToRed »

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #730 on: September 28, 2016, 11:41:36 am »
Great  post, thanks for sharing!
Would be great if we'd all post links and info concerning our stats for this season, in this thread. :wave
We can always do with more analysis ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• Kopite
« Reply #731 on: September 28, 2016, 12:41:56 pm »
Great  post, thanks for sharing!
Would be great if we'd all post links and info concerning our stats for this season, in this thread. :wave
We can always do with more analysis ;D

Cheers! Much appreciated. I think it's safe to say we all prefer more analysis when things are going well!

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #732 on: September 28, 2016, 01:18:12 pm »
Really interesting post and would certainly suggest we are moving in the right direction. I just wonder about goals conceded though. What is the comparable there against say Dortmund and other teams who have finished top 4 or won the league ?

All very encouraging indeed though and cheers for posting
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Lustig

• Kopite
« Reply #733 on: September 28, 2016, 01:52:09 pm »
As a fantasy football lunatic I've been really impressed by our Opta stats this season. The curious thing is that our defensive stats are out of this world and yet

we've conceded 9 times which looks incredible....

Defensive :

Fewest Big Chances Conceded in the League - 5 ( Joint )
Fewest Goal Attempts Conceded in the League - 49
Fewest Goal Attempts In Box Conceded - 30
Fewest Goal Attempts Outside Box Conceded - 19

Offensive :

2nd -Big Chances Created - 15
1st  -Chances Created - 97
1st  -Goal Attempts - 117
2nd  -Goals - 16
3rd  -Shots Inside Box - 64 (first with 67)
1st  -Shots On Target - 42

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:53:41 pm by Lustig »

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: September 28, 2016, 02:43:55 pm »
The stats could hardly look better so far.

First in expected goals difference, according to @SteMc74,

First in Total Shots Ratio, first in Shots in Box Ratio, first in Final 3rd Pass Ratio, third (tiny bit behind second) in Shots on Target Ratio. It's just six games, but incredibly encouraging.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #735 on: September 28, 2016, 02:50:59 pm »

First in Total Shots Ratio, first in Shots in Box Ratio, first in Final 3rd Pass Ratio, third (tiny bit behind second) in Shots on Target Ratio. It's just six games, but incredibly encouraging.

That is definitely encouraging. Six games is a fairly small sample as you say, but when you consider the opposition in some of those matches it does start to look very impressive. As always, consistency will be the key, can we match or improve on these figures over the rest of the season?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #736 on: September 28, 2016, 04:03:40 pm »
As always, consistency will be the key, can we match or improve on these figures over the rest of the season?

I'd say improve. Looking at Lustig's defence stats below we're excellent defensively but still concede goals. Most of the goals have been simple mistakes. I think we'll be cutting that out of our game as we go on.

It's also interesting to note that we've had probably the harshest start to the season in terms of fixtures, yet our stats (which unlike the results comparison and APLT don't take that into account) are excellent.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #737 on: September 28, 2016, 04:07:08 pm »
All competitions, granted. But a great return after we struggled so much with finding the net and had so many strikers injured. 100 goals within sight.

61 League Goals
6 FA Cup Goals
10 League Cup Goals
18 Europa League Goals

City are the only comparable team - they've played the same number of League Cup & FA Cup games as us, and also reached a European Semi Final - currently on 108 goals.
That Goals Against column is atrocious though!  :o
We've begun setting it right, but jeepers!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 05:13:32 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Lustig

• Kopite
« Reply #738 on: September 28, 2016, 05:32:07 pm »
It's also interesting to note that we've had probably the harshest start to the season in terms of fixtures, yet our stats (which unlike the results comparison and APLT don't take that into account) are excellent.

When you look at it that way it's scary isn't it ?

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: September 28, 2016, 05:41:13 pm »

Would have thought Arsenal would figure higher on that

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: September 28, 2016, 06:10:52 pm »

I'm seeing a drawback to the subtle colour variations used on the graph here. It looks very pretty, but it's almost impossible to go from the legend back to the data and see who is where.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #741 on: September 28, 2016, 06:18:17 pm »
We've been really unlucky with the number of goals conceded given the chances we've conceded.  Goals are erratic in the short term so I think we'll see reversion to the mean over the course of the year.

When dealing with a small sample size of games my favourite stats to look at are pass completion in the final third and touches in the final third completed and allowed, since that's the highest bulk statistic you can measure has a high correlation with the number of wins/total points over the course of a season. 

So we're doing well there which is great.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: September 28, 2016, 09:25:54 pm »
We've been really unlucky with the number of goals conceded given the chances we've conceded.  Goals are erratic in the short term so I think we'll see reversion to the mean over the course of the year.

When dealing with a small sample size of games my favourite stats to look at are pass completion in the final third and touches in the final third completed and allowed, since that's the highest bulk statistic you can measure has a high correlation with the number of wins/total points over the course of a season. 

So we're doing well there which is great.
Unlucky with the goals wee conceded, or is there a systematic problem with our defence? I am on the fence and waiting to see whether our GA to Games played ratio improves. It should do, if we think of the first two games as anomalies.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• Kopite
« Reply #743 on: September 29, 2016, 09:55:36 am »
Really interesting post and would certainly suggest we are moving in the right direction. I just wonder about goals conceded though. What is the comparable there against say Dortmund and other teams who have finished top 4 or won the league ?

All very encouraging indeed though and cheers for posting

Cheers.

From memory, teams finishing in the top four (be that fourth or champions) are always around one goal per game against on average. It's been a long time now since Rafa or Mourinho would regularly be in the low 20s for goals against.

The key is generating goal difference though: a 5-1 every week would be fine ;-)

Offline BassTunedToRed

• Kopite
« Reply #744 on: September 29, 2016, 09:58:20 am »

Agreed - we only conceded three shots against Burnley and two against Hull, yet contrived to concede three goals across the two games. But you'd obviously take those shot stats every week if you could.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:49:18 am by BassTunedToRed »

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: September 29, 2016, 05:42:33 pm »
I'm seeing a drawback to the subtle colour variations used on the graph here. It looks very pretty, but it's almost impossible to go from the legend back to the data and see who is where.

Why not just use the key at the bottom of the table?
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: September 29, 2016, 05:59:58 pm »
They were pretty bad by staty measures up until the Hull and Chelsea games.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: September 29, 2016, 06:59:11 pm »
Unlucky with the goals wee conceded, or is there a systematic problem with our defence? I am on the fence and waiting to see whether our GA to Games played ratio improves. It should do, if we think of the first two games as anomalies.
There's no big systematic issue with our defence, at least not one that's been consistently shown up so far this season (there might be one exposed when teams realise that despite our attacking threat, it's way better to press us than to sit off). We're dominating games, we're not giving away many chances, we're not looking open for long periods.

Our biggest defensive problem is that ALL of our defenders are prone to making bad decisions when under pressure. As soon as they're forced to make decisions then at least one of them will make an error. That's why we're not keeping clean sheets. It's not a systematic problem.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
Using Stats to Talk about Liverpool
« Reply #748 on: September 29, 2016, 07:42:40 pm »
There's no big systematic issue with our defence, at least not one that's been consistently shown up so far this season (there might be one exposed when teams realise that despite our attacking threat, it's way better to press us than to sit off). We're dominating games, we're not giving away many chances, we're not looking open for long periods.

Our biggest defensive problem is that ALL of our defenders are prone to making bad decisions when under pressure. As soon as they're forced to make decisions then at least one of them will make an error. That's why we're not keeping clean sheets. It's not a systematic problem.
It'll be interesting to see what does develop as the best way to attack us. I suspect it will be working the area behind LB and putting up crosses onto Clyne's head. Could see someone like Man Utd with Fellani or Stoke having success with that. Milner's a bit slow for a FB and Clyne's a bit shit in the air.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #749 on: September 29, 2016, 08:41:17 pm »
My latest blog post, which the stat-minded should enjoy!

The Stats That Suggest Klopp’s Liverpool Is Taking Shape

The Liverpool Echo had an article at the weekend which claimed to have ‘the proof Liverpool fans are right to be excited by start of season‘. It spoke of the Reds scoring four-or-more goals in the first two home games for the first time in the top flight since 1922, and scoring the most goals the club has managed in the opening eight games since 1895, and there were some impressive individual player stats from the Hull City rout thrown in too.

This is all well and good, but finishing can blow both hot and cold so for an amateur football analyst like myself a little deeper digging into the underlying numbers is required, and the good news is that the findings are both positive and, based on Klopp’s managerial history, entirely expected.

When the German first took over at Anfield, I wrote this free piece for The Tomkins Times about how consistently impressive Dortmund’s shots on target ratios were under Jürgen Klopp: https://tomkinstimes.com/2015/10/jurgen-klopp-can-balance-defence-and-attack/. Rather than regurgitate the article in full here, I will re-post the table of shots on target ratios and the key paragraph here.

This season, Liverpool average 7.2 shots on target per league game, and their shots on target ratio is a very impressive 69.4%. One other point from the above article is definitely worth mentioning here: the Champions in the Premier League for the previous seven seasons averaged 66% on this front (though Leicester went onto win the title with only 56%, putting a slight dent in this), so Klopp’s team have started 2016/17 very well indeed.

Now it would be folly to assume at this point that this level of performance will definitely continue for the whole campaign; as much as we’d like them to, the Reds won’t hit double figures for shots on target for every single home game this season, as they have so far. As an aside, Liverpool’s last two home games are in a group of just eighteen league games from the previous 310 (from August 2008 onwards) where the Reds have had eleven-or-more shots on target.

What we can say though is that Liverpool’s performance for this early part of the 2016/17 season has basically matched that of the best Premier League team statistically (in terms of shots on target at least) from the last eight seasons.

It’s only fair to point out that at this early stage of the campaign there are other teams with better shots on target ratios than Liverpool; Southampton have posted 70.8%, and Everton a remarkable 76.5%. Tottenham aside, Everton have yet to face anyone that likely to finish in the top half though, whilst Southampton have travelled to Arsenal and Manchester United (plus West Ham) in fairness, but have had three likely bottom half sides at home. I think it’s safe to say that Liverpool have had the hardest run so far.

It’s also interesting to draw some parallels with the manager’s career at Dortmund. Last season, Klopp’s Liverpool posted a shots on target ratio of 60%, which was a very creditable effort when taking over mid-season (and the average level posted by the Premier League’s fourth placed teams), and which matches his side’s efforts in 2009/10. BVB’s ratio then leaped to 71.2% the following season, and they won the league.

Are we seeing a similar pattern begin to emerge at Liverpool? I keep saying it’s too early to be sure, but the Reds’ start to 2016/17 certainly suggests it’s a possibility at least. Either way, the shots on target numbers imply to me that Klopp’s Liverpool appear to be taking shape in the same way that his illustrious Dortmund side did.

After the thirty-six league games they’ve played under the management of Jürgen Klopp, Liverpool’s shots on target ratio is 62%, which is the average that the team finishing third posts, and is one that has only been bettered by twenty-two of the 160 team seasons from the last eight years in the Premier League. If the Reds can continue to average seven shots on target per game and a ratio of 69%, then rest assured this will be a very special season indeed, even if no more 120 year old scoring records are broken along the way.

Just wanted to say fantastic work and very interesting to read.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #750 on: September 29, 2016, 11:33:28 pm »
As a fantasy football lunatic I've been really impressed by our Opta stats this season. The curious thing is that our defensive stats are out of this world and yet

we've conceded 9 times which looks incredible....

Defensive :

Offensive :

2nd -Big Chances Created - 15
1st  -Chances Created - 97
1st  -Goal Attempts - 117
2nd  -Goals - 16
3rd  -Shots Inside Box - 64 (first with 67)
1st  -Shots On Target - 42

Could you link me to where you find this stuff from Opta? Whenever I go on their site, I can never find exactly what I'm looking for.

Offline Lustig

• Kopite
« Reply #751 on: September 30, 2016, 12:46:33 am »
Could you link me to where you find this stuff from Opta? Whenever I go on their site, I can never find exactly what I'm looking for.

Well the opta stats are actually not free and are really expensive. But a cheap alternative is to become a member here

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/

They will give you access to all the fancy stats that the Opta geeks usually give only to bookmakers...

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #752 on: September 30, 2016, 09:19:41 am »
Well the opta stats are actually not free and are really expensive. But a cheap alternative is to become a member here

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/

They will give you access to all the fancy stats that the Opta geeks usually give only to bookmakers...

Offline BassTunedToRed

• Kopite
« Reply #753 on: September 30, 2016, 09:50:21 am »
Just wanted to say fantastic work and very interesting to read.

Cheers, much appreciated.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: September 30, 2016, 12:40:04 pm »
Cheers, much appreciated.

Always find your stuff very easy to read and informative, keep up the good work!
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: September 30, 2016, 01:34:39 pm »
Why not just use the key at the bottom of the table?

Yes. Excellent point.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline BassTunedToRed

• Kopite
« Reply #756 on: September 30, 2016, 03:10:09 pm »
Always find your stuff very easy to read and informative, keep up the good work!

Thanks, will do. I'm writing a monthly column for Tomkins Times this season so will be more stats stuff there (though of course you have to be a subscriber to read it).

Offline Lustig

• Kopite
« Reply #757 on: October 1, 2016, 01:50:49 am »

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: October 2, 2016, 01:38:39 am »
Liverpool now sit first or second in the Premier League for goals scored, shots per game, shots on target per game, chances created per game, passes in opposition half per game, dribbles completed per game, average distance covered per game, sprints for game and possession.

Also scored more away Premier League goals than any side in 2016 (28).
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Lustig

• Kopite
« Reply #759 on: October 4, 2016, 02:16:15 pm »
Interesting stat I saw today is that against Swansea this weekend we conceded 5 Big Chances....just as much as the previous 6 Gameweeks combined.....

Against Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal away we conceded only 3.....

There was some underestimation going on against Swansea, I can tell u that.