Author Topic: Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson  (Read 68905 times)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Glen Johnson
« Reply #200 on: December 1, 2013, 04:51:43 pm »
The lad needs some smelling salts, as does have the team and the manager.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: December 1, 2013, 04:54:31 pm »
Drop him. Been an absolute joke the past few games, couldn't pass wind. Needs a major fucking rocket up his arse.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #202 on: December 1, 2013, 04:56:41 pm »
Drop him. Been an absolute joke the past few games, couldn't pass wind. Needs a major fucking rocket up his arse.

Who would you play instead of him?  Kelly still isn't ready to play again and Wisdom is out on loan, would you give McLaughlin a chance? 

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #203 on: December 1, 2013, 04:56:57 pm »
He's looked that disinterested for so long, I can only conclude that is indeed the case. It started off year or so back that he seemed to forget that he can go past a defender on the outside, constantly coming inside and smashing it with his left foot every single time he got forward, now he doesn't even bother getting forward. It's depressing what's become of him, 'cos he was a fucking beast of an attacking fullback.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 1, 2013, 04:57:57 pm »
Who would you play instead of him?  Kelly still isn't ready to play again and Wisdom is out on loan, would you give McLaughlin a chance?

Probably would, at least we know he would relish the challenge and give 100%.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: December 1, 2013, 05:00:21 pm »

Against Norwich? Yeah I'd give Mclauglin a game, or swap Flanno over and give Cissokho a chance. Embarrass him and see if he has the desire or heart to pull his finger out and earn his keep.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #206 on: December 1, 2013, 05:01:32 pm »
Probably would, at least we know he would relish the challenge and give 100%.

I don't know what I would like to see happen, I like Johnson normally but last week and today he was appalling.  I hope Ian Ayre's excursion to Barcelona this week has a positive outcome for us in January.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 1, 2013, 05:02:38 pm »
Yeah I'd put smith or McLaughlin in next game, see if he responds

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #208 on: December 1, 2013, 05:03:56 pm »
Someone needs to give him a shake and see if he responds, he was like the walking dead out there.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #209 on: December 1, 2013, 05:05:30 pm »
I think Johnson is a great footballer, but that bloke out there was an imposter today.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #210 on: December 1, 2013, 05:13:03 pm »
Thing is if he gets a time out, who do we lpay. Is kelly fit?
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: December 1, 2013, 05:14:09 pm »
Easily the worst player on the pitch for me today, even worse than moses, who in his defence doesnt play often. If his heart isnt in it to fight for us anymore then he has to go. His poor form has been going on far too long.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #212 on: December 1, 2013, 05:18:13 pm »
He was shite, but to be fair, he had plenty of competition for the award.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 1, 2013, 05:24:43 pm »
If I got a Kinder Surpise everytime he loses the ball, I'd die of a heart attack

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 1, 2013, 05:29:28 pm »
Lacks the heart to be a top player. Would take a Steve finan over GJ every day

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 1, 2013, 06:37:52 pm »
Going through his annual shocking few months.

On his day, he is one of the best right backs in the league. On his day ...  :-\
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #216 on: December 1, 2013, 06:42:36 pm »
We've got quite a few players in the team who blows hot and cold and Johnson is one of them. Definitely needs some competition for that right back spot. He seems too comfortable knowing he's nearly undroppable since we don't have anybody in the squad who is anywhere near his level.

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 1, 2013, 06:51:02 pm »
To be honest, I'm really sick to death of hearing 'on his day' bollocks; with all of our players. I don't care if 'on there day' they look as good as Messi, if they have 1 of those a season, it doesn't mean we pick them 38 games a year.

I would rather we had a player who played well; and gave 100% everytime he was on the pitch, rather than a player who 'on his day' looks the best player in the league.

Johnson; since his injury, had been lazy; and cumbersome. He isn't the only one, but he looks like Ryan Babel, at the moment, and he's in desperate need of dropping; and proving he has it in him to get back into the team. If that means we play a youngster, or we shift the team around (Gerrard or Henderson at RB) then so be it; it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen, in fact it could be a blessing in disguise if we did do something to that affect, as it would free up room for another central midfielder - which Alberto could gladly take and make his own.

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #218 on: December 1, 2013, 08:47:02 pm »
Where is Martin Kelly at the moment.would like to see him a bit more

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #219 on: December 1, 2013, 09:20:56 pm »
To be fair he was pretty rapid in Colwyn Bay. ;)
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 1, 2013, 09:21:59 pm »
To be honest, I'm really sick to death of hearing 'on his day' bollocks; with all of our players. I don't care if 'on there day' they look as good as Messi, if they have 1 of those a season, it doesn't mean we pick them 38 games a year.

I would rather we had a player who played well; and gave 100% everytime he was on the pitch, rather than a player who 'on his day' looks the best player in the league.

Johnson; since his injury, had been lazy; and cumbersome. He isn't the only one, but he looks like Ryan Babel, at the moment, and he's in desperate need of dropping; and proving he has it in him to get back into the team. If that means we play a youngster, or we shift the team around (Gerrard or Henderson at RB) then so be it; it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen, in fact it could be a blessing in disguise if we did do something to that affect, as it would free up room for another central midfielder - which Alberto could gladly take and make his own.

Quick question do you have good days and bad days?
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #221 on: December 1, 2013, 09:28:46 pm »
He's a shadow of the player he once was, "normal" inconsistencies aside.

He's lazy, distracted, makes bad decisions. Today, yet again, you wouldn't have noticed him if he had simply walked off the field during play. No attacking, no defending, nothing.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 1, 2013, 09:35:32 pm »
Do wonder at his age on a big contract, whether he has decided to be off in the summer while he can get one more big contract as we are apparently offering a new deal at lower wages. If so why not stroll through for a while, avoiding injury, then turn it on for the end of the season to get the England RB spot and give his agent something to sell.
Of course it is probably just a dip in form and the off the field stuff.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #223 on: December 1, 2013, 09:35:54 pm »
He's a shadow of the player he once was, "normal" inconsistencies aside.

He's lazy, distracted, makes bad decisions. Today, yet again, you wouldn't have noticed him if he had simply walked off the field during play. No attacking, no defending, nothing.
n the past I have been a fan of Johnson, but today he was utter, utter dross!

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 1, 2013, 09:45:05 pm »
Quick question do you have good days and bad days?

I'm not on 110k a week mate. - And I await the typical responses to that as well.

- anyway you miss my point. I expect a player, especially a player on that amount of money - to be at least trying  or seem to be trying100% of the time; but your right, maybe you can expect an of day or 2; so 36 games where you put in 100% effort. I aint seen that from Johnson once so far this season.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2013, 09:48:26 pm by rich87 »

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: December 1, 2013, 09:47:34 pm »
I'm not on 110k a week mate.

They are human you are, money isn't part of that, do you think if you earn a lot you are not allowed bad days, they ain't robots.

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 1, 2013, 09:49:57 pm »
They are human you are, money isn't part of that, do you think if you earn a lot you are not allowed bad days, they ain't robots.

I edited my post above, because I expected a similar response from you. I expect a player to have of days; but Johnson was awful last week at Everton to, and I have to say, I don't remember a good performance which warrants anywhere near his pay cheque in the past year. 

I'm sick of all this; we have to stand by the player; and we have to make excuses for the players all the time.

How much money do we all put in to following Liverpool Football Club each year? Players are there to put effort in, and at least try; that's what we go to the stadiums there to see; thats why we pay £40-£50 a ticket. Do you think its okay for the players to just sit on there arses all game long; and take our money of us; and say; cheers lads; sorry I couldn't be bothered today.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2013, 09:52:43 pm by rich87 »

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #227 on: December 1, 2013, 09:51:02 pm »
I don't remember a good performance which warrants anywhere near his pay cheque in the past year. 
People actually post shit like this and mean it?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: December 1, 2013, 09:52:26 pm »
I edited my post above, because I expected a similar response from you. I expect a player to have of days; but Johnson was awful last week at Everton to, and I have to say, I don't remember a good performance which warrants anywhere near his pay cheque in the past year. 

Have you seen when he's not in side and we miss his presence?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: December 1, 2013, 09:53:46 pm »

I'm sick of all this; we have to stand by the player; and we have to make excuses for the players all the time.

How much money do we all put in to following Liverpool Football Club each year? Players are there to put effort in, and at least try; that's what we go to the stadiums there to see; thats why we pay £40-£50 a ticket. Do you think its okay for the players to just sit on there arses all game long; and take our money of us; and say; cheers lads; sorry I couldn't be bothered today.

You need to look harder and he wasn't the worst against Everton by a long way.
See again you have things arse about, nobody tells you to spend the money you choose to, no guarantees of perfection with your ticket and scarf nor should there be!
« Last Edit: December 1, 2013, 09:55:37 pm by Touchstone »

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: December 1, 2013, 09:54:46 pm »
Have you seen when he's not in side and we miss his presence?

Is that enough to suggest that we shouldn't drop him? Is every player in our side undroppable? Because we're LFC we stick by our players. We don't dare tell them of after bad performances, its not the Liverpool Way. We allow players like Joe Cole, Babel, to name but a few, to keep picking up there pay cheque and patting them on the shoulder saying, cheers.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: December 1, 2013, 09:55:30 pm »
Is that enough to suggest that we shouldn't drop him? Is every player in our side undroppable? Because we're LFC we stick by our players.

So who's justified playing at right back instead of him?

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: December 1, 2013, 09:56:23 pm »
Lacks the heart to be a top player. Would take a Steve finan over GJ every day
You always got min 8/10 from Finan GJ too many 5/10's for me
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 1, 2013, 09:56:49 pm »
He's been inconsistent for a while now, so you can't guess how he'll turn out the next game.

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 1, 2013, 09:57:33 pm »
You need to look harder and he wasn't the worst against Everton by a long way.
See again you have things arse about, nobody tells you to spend the money you choose to, no guarantees of perfection with your ticket and scarf nor should there be!

I'm not asking for perfection, see this is where people get so defensive, as soon as somebody makes a criticism on an internet website.

I'm asking for effort, from every single one of the lads.

Toure didn't have his best game for Liverpool, but you could tell he cared. Unlike a few of them out there today.

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: December 1, 2013, 10:00:06 pm »
You always got min 8/10 from Finan GJ too many 5/10's for me

Which is all we're asking for; we're not saying we should have the worlds best RB, we're asking to have someone who at least puts in decent performances week in, week out. We're not asking someone to be Messi every game; we're asking someone to just put in decent rounded performances. I really hope someone is competing for his place soon.

I'm not asking for Johnsons head. I'm asking for him as well as 1 or 2 others, to either realise that playing for LFC means something or leave.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: December 1, 2013, 10:05:18 pm »
If anyone thinks that any of our players doesn't care or is allowed to not be bothered, well that doesn't say much about Rodgers, you cannot really think he is not trying surely?

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 1, 2013, 10:13:28 pm »
If anyone thinks that any of our players doesn't care or is allowed to not be bothered, well that doesn't say much about Rodgers, you cannot really think he is not trying surely?

I disagree; I think motivation is a very fine thing; I think when you have everything in life, it must be very difficult to always be 'up' for it. I think there must be a massive balancing act for footballers.

Whilst some of that is down to the man-management, the actual person has to take the majority of the responsibility. It comes back down to 'you can't help someone, if they don't want to be helped'

I think Johnson needs competition, so he has to fight his way into the team; rather than get into the team on past performances which is what he is doing now in my opinion. If we had another RB who was fit, and firing, would you drop him for Johnson? No.

So your reaction is, but we don't have that player; which whilst true - we haven't actually tried another player at RB who may actually perform better. Either Ryan McLaughlin, Flanagan, Henderson or somebody else.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2013, 10:15:51 pm by rich87 »

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 1, 2013, 10:13:44 pm »
He was terrible today but still one of the best fullbacks in the league, sort him out brendan!
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: December 1, 2013, 10:23:15 pm »
I disagree; I think motivation is a very fine thing; I think when you have everything in life, it must be very difficult to always be 'up' for it. I think there must be a massive balancing act for footballers.

Whilst some of that is down to the man-management, the actual person has to take the majority of the responsibility. It comes back down to 'you can't help someone, if they don't want to be helped'

I think Johnson needs competition, so he has to fight his way into the team; rather than get into the team on past performances which is what he is doing now in my opinion. If we had another RB who was fit, and firing, would you drop him for Johnson? No.

So your reaction is, but we don't have that player; which whilst true - we haven't actually tried another player at RB who may actually perform better. Either Ryan McLaughlin, Flanagan, Henderson or somebody else.

No my reaction had nothing to do with the competition for his place it is this notion that you expect footballers to never have spells of poor form because they get paid loads, it's illogical, also he is a professional so him not caring is also illogical, as for competition Kelly still not fit enough it seems maybe Flanagan but then again the left side is worse than Glen's maybe Henderson total waste, as for Ryan play that lad one bad game and you would all be slaughtering him.
So really Glen is still the best option,