Author Topic: Some Advice Please  (Read 3026 times)

Offline exilescouse

• Lack sufficient letters for real testicles.....
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Some Advice Please
« on: October 30, 2013, 01:41:34 am »
I am from Liverpool but have lived in Asia now for 13 years but come home from time to time and always take in some games while I am there, last time was two years ago at christmas.

I am home again this christmas with my wife and son, previoulsy I managed to buy tickets online with my International membership. I tried again this time and the website asked me to renew my membership which I did, I then tried to buy a ticket for me and my wife, the website told me she has to be a member so I also bought her international membership. I still could not buy tickets. I contacted the club who told me that International membership does not have access to tickets (I know now as I found on the website, although this was not highlighted when I was asked to renew).

I asked if I can then upgrade from  International to light and pay the difference, I was told this is not possible and I would have to buy Light and cancel International with no refund, so the simple act of buying tow tickets will now cost me 40 quid for the international memberships, followed by another 52 quid for the light membershps then the ticket prices on top that are rapidly running out.

Can anyone advise what I can do with this??

I have included the email conversation below but not the 'chat' conversations.



Liverpool FCRecently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support centre. Below is a summary of your request and our response. If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it w

Oct 29 at 8:28 PM



Me
To contactus@liverpoolfc.tv

Oct 29 at 8:52 PM

Julia

Clearly this is not acceptable to me. I want to upgrade from international to light, why would I want you to cancel my international without any refund and then pay AGAIN for the light membership? Also why are you requesting my wife's date of birth? What does this have to do with anything? You already have this from the International membership.

I grew up in spitting distance of Anfield and have spent an awful lot of money over the past 40 years on this club and right now I feel ashamed that I am steering my son to Liverpool. Clearly we are not fans anymore but we are customers that the club does not care about, how hard can it be to allow me to upgrade and pay the difference?

I am not prepared to let this end here. Even though this will probably mean missing games when I am home over Christmas I will escalate this and keep escalating this on a matter of principle.

To say I am shocked and disgusted right now is an understatement. I want you to escalate this to the next level please as I will also do this.

Regards

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

 Hide message history

Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 20:28

To:

Reply To: Liverpool FC

Subject: Cancel Membershp [Incident: 131025-000036]

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support centre. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To access your question from our support site, click here.

Subject

Cancel Membershp

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email (Julia Scott)

29/10/2013 01.28 PM

Dear Peter

Thank you for contacting Liverpool Football Club.

I have contacted the relevant department for you.

We are unable to refund you for your international memberships but we can cancel your memberships and then you can purchase a light membership.

Please let me know you would like to do this and I will make the necessary amendments for you.

Can you please advise your wife's date of birth please ?

Thank you for your continued support.

Kind Regards

Julia Scott

Customer By Web Form

25/10/2013 09.30 AM

I renewed my International membership (I bought tickets with this membership two years ago) and also bought membership for my wife today. I am brining hr home for her first trip to Liverpool and ied to buy tickets for the Hull game on New Years Day. Then I noticed that I can now not buy tickets with the international membership.

I chatted online with Louise Howard and she said I can not upgrade my membership to light and I can not cancel my membership and then buy Light. Why not? I will still be a member either way and both ways paying more money, you get what you want and I can buy my tickets and keep my wife happy also.I despair sometimes at what has happened to this club. here is a fan, 46 years old, regualr from aged 6 until I moved to asia a few years ago and I cant do something simple like buy tickets or get my club to fix a simple mistake that I made and fix it at my expense.

I fear I will have no option but to contact my bank and cancel my payments for my membership if this can not be resolved and probably throw a tweet to out illustrious owner.

Please look at this favourably and allow me to upgrade or cancel and renew to the Light membership.

My member number is XXXXXXXX and my wifes is XXXXXXXXX
I hope to hear from you today as I really need to book tickets.

Best Regards

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Some Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 04:47:44 pm »
All sounds shambolic mate but not necessarily a surprise.  Alas I have no words of comfort - I had a nightmare changing my season ticket seat at the end of last season.  One thing which does appear to be true though is that there is little to zero room for individuals at the TO to use a bit of common sense or take decisions which veer from the 'script'.  So not necessarily the TO staff fault. 

So I'd guess you're going to struggle to reach any sort of satisfactory outcome, except using another source to get tickets - one which will involve you being ripped off a bit less.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »
Not supporting them.

But it does clearly state on the benefits page what type of membership offers what:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/benefits-prices

Offline exilescouse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 02:09:33 am »
Thanks TSC

Swoopy yes it does,but my argument is that when I renewed surely it should notify that terms have changed from my previous membership of the same type, I tried to buy tickets and it simply told me to renew my membership, not change my membership.

Offline exilescouse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: November 2, 2013, 12:47:48 am »
Well eventually someone at the club used common sense.

I contacted them again as th tickets were now at a minimum and in a crap area with really no view. Rosaline called me and cancelled my international membership, I thn signed up for light and bought tickets, the club will also refund my international when I send back the packs they have posted to me.

Just a pity this wasn't done 2 weeks ago so I could get decent tickets,I did also notice a change on the website that highlights tickets can't be bought with international when you sign up for this package.

I had also messed up, last membership was international for LFC TV and. Ticket I bought last time were not via membership, they were open sale and I confused the two.

I will weigh up whether to refund the international based on the tour and store discounts etc that come with it..