Author Topic: Better Call Saul  (Read 188136 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #480 on: February 17, 2016, 03:40:26 pm »
knew I'd seen the douchebag before  ;D

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Ken
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #481 on: February 17, 2016, 03:43:14 pm »
Spoiler
His relationship with Kim is adorable, but obviously doomed :(
[close]

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #482 on: February 17, 2016, 03:51:45 pm »

Awesome.

Great opening episode,Loved Mike's face when that Hummer pulls up.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: February 17, 2016, 04:33:17 pm »

From the same wiki

Spoiler

One of the cops who responds to Daniel Warmolt's burglary call also appeared at Walt and Skyler's house in "I.F.T.".

The brand of tequila that Jimmy and Kim trick Ken Wins into purchasing for them is the same brand of tequila that Gus Fring uses to poison Don Eladio and his crew in "Salud".
[close]
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #484 on: February 17, 2016, 05:18:59 pm »
From the same wiki

Spoiler

One of the cops who responds to Daniel Warmolt's burglary call also appeared at Walt and Skyler's house in "I.F.T.".

The brand of tequila that Jimmy and Kim trick Ken Wins into purchasing for them is the same brand of tequila that Gus Fring uses to poison Don Eladio and his crew in "Salud".
[close]

I knew I'd seen that bottle top before!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: February 17, 2016, 05:40:25 pm »
Hahaha brilliant little snippets of info from the last episode there fellas. :)

I knew I'd seen Ken before and also the tequilla bottle top rang a bell!!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: February 17, 2016, 11:41:29 pm »
Solid episode. The guy with the hummer ;D

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #487 on: February 18, 2016, 11:02:40 pm »
beautiful season opener, if a tiny bit draggy at times.  i love all those little links to the BB universe - so much more satisfying than just bringing major characters back for a spin.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #488 on: February 19, 2016, 11:27:23 am »
Great episode. Love the pace of this series. Saul's character is truly heartbreaking and mesmerizing.
What do Fernando Hierro, Carles Puyol, Philipp Lahm, Andres Iniesta, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Jordan Henderson share in common?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #489 on: February 19, 2016, 12:39:17 pm »
The Insider podcasts is worth a listen. It included the comment that the outfit for the 'Water Buffalo' mark by the pool was this little beauty:

And that Mike's client (the one with the Yellow Hummer) is also Zim-Zam the yo-yo man.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DBzWHudBoiA?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DBzWHudBoiA?fs=1</a>

http://uproxx.com/tv/better-call-saul-yo-yo/
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #490 on: February 19, 2016, 01:42:22 pm »
Did you listen to it last season? Vince is quite obsessed with Zim Zam!
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #491 on: February 19, 2016, 06:10:53 pm »
Solid episode. The guy with the hummer ;D
;D For me, he was the best thing about about this episode.

Spoiler
What do we think, then? I reckon he (Pryce) will become Saul's next customer & that'll lead Saul into the murky Breaking Bad drug culture.
[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #492 on: February 19, 2016, 06:13:27 pm »
That's where it's leading us, Igor, with Mike making the connection.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: February 22, 2016, 11:48:33 pm »
Brilliant return, although i'd forgotten most of season 1! Even if it's slow, it's just beautiful the way it's shot, never boring to look at. This and Mr Robot are a level above anything else on TV right now imo.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #494 on: February 23, 2016, 02:10:35 pm »
Spoiler
Fuck you, Chuck.
[close]

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #495 on: February 23, 2016, 04:05:49 pm »
Spoiler
Fuck you, Chuck.
[close]

Spoiler
Absolutely cuntish behaviour. Especially when we are talking about his own bloody brother. I mean, the look on his face when he learned Saul was hired by the other company. Ugly stuff.

Also, nice character development by Saul in the latest episode. Kim should calm the fuck down a bit. If she knew all the details and mainly how he helped a man so stupid and all...  ;D

She wants the best for him. It's just Jimmy will do fuck all about 'legal' anymore.
[close]
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:18:45 pm by Yiannis »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: February 23, 2016, 06:45:25 pm »
Lovely little episode.

Loved the scene where Jimmy's new cup wouldn't fit in the cup holder of his brand new Merc.  Obviously an indication of where Jimmy was at in his new job.

Mike is just the coolest fucker there ever was. Love his style.

Spoiler
As Jimmy does pro-bono work for Mike, he's slowly transforming into Saul Goodman and surely won't be at Davis & Main for much longer. Especially as Chuck is being a total jealous prick and will probably help Jimmy on his way out of D&M as soon as he gets chance.
[close]

Offline ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #497 on: February 23, 2016, 06:56:50 pm »
Mike's face when he realises he has to get the cards back. Brilliant episode.
Ye wha la.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: February 23, 2016, 08:00:02 pm »
Mike and Chuck could act a whole episode using only their facial expressions

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #499 on: February 23, 2016, 08:37:45 pm »
Squat cobbler  ;D ;D

That scene was fucking brilliant

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #500 on: February 23, 2016, 08:40:55 pm »
I loved the look on Jimmy's face when he tried the sun roof...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #501 on: February 23, 2016, 10:54:16 pm »

Kinda bittersweet as well - in the sense that although he appears to have "made it" now (we know it's not going to last), he can't escape the past and by extension, "Saul".

I fucking love this show.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: February 24, 2016, 07:33:32 am »

:) Great little nod to season 1

Kinda bittersweet as well - in the sense that although he appears to have "made it" now (we know it's not going to last), he can't escape the past and by extension, "Saul".

Yeah, the minute or so Jimmy spent in his Mercedes told us all we needed to know about how his new job and life was gonna pan out.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: February 24, 2016, 10:54:45 am »
That was really good again, Chuck's blazer with the aluminium foil inside is brilliant  ;D

Got a feeling he's gonna catch wind of Jimmy's antics, and grass him up so he loses his job. I hope a massive satellite falls out the sky and lands on Chuck, the fucker
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:59:54 am by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: February 24, 2016, 11:27:45 am »
the trajectory of chuck and his transformation from a sympathetic character to a really loathsome piece of work over the course of a few episodes has been incredible.

i have the vaguest of vague suspicions, however, that chuck might have been instrumental in getting jimmy into D&M (chuck's obvious melancholy without his brother in his life, the stuff about "bearing witness", and "my name is on the company" as in he doesn't want people to think the name refers to anyone else so specifically doesn't want jimmy at HMM).  and so when jimmy takes his pro bono stuff too far and lets chuck down again it will all come out. almost certainly wrong, of course, if only because it's unlikely they'd pull the same trick twice.

but overall, a superb episode :)  the show is a lot more confident in this second season (justifiably) and it's just cranked everything up.

the 'cobbler' scene was hilarious, of course, but the real standout for me was chuck barging in on jimmy's speech at the meeting.  if anyone has ever had a falling out with a sibling, i'm sure that awkward tension must have struck home just as hard.

also, i hope daniel's "wealthy elder gentleman" in jimmy's alternate reality was actually mike :lmao
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:34:51 am by sideshowme »
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: February 24, 2016, 11:46:56 am »
the trajectory of chuck and his transformation from a sympathetic character to a really loathsome piece of work over the course of a few episodes has been incredible.

i have the vaguest of vague suspicions, however, that chuck might have been instrumental in getting jimmy into D&M (chuck's obvious melancholy without his brother in his life, the stuff about "bearing witness", and "my name is on the company" as in he doesn't want people to think the name refers to anyone else so specifically doesn't want jimmy at HMM).  and so when jimmy takes his pro bono stuff too far and lets chuck down again it will all come out. almost certainly wrong, of course, if only because it's unlikely they'd pull the same trick twice.

but overall, a superb episode :)  the show is a lot more confident in this second season (justifiably) and it's just cranked everything up.

the 'cobbler' scene was hilarious, of course, but the real standout for me was chuck barging in on jimmy's speech at the meeting.  if anyone has ever had a falling out with a sibling, i'm sure that awkward tension must have struck home just as hard.

also, i hope daniel's "wealthy elder gentleman" in jimmy's alternate reality was actually mike :lmao

I took the "bearing witness" as a dig at Jimmy, like "I'm just gonna stand here and watch you fuck it up and prove I was right" kind of thing

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: February 24, 2016, 11:55:56 am »
Like the Jimmy and Kim combination. More Mike is needed though. This show will continue to the point where Saul is introduced in BB?

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: February 24, 2016, 11:56:59 am »
Think its pretty obvious what will break Jimmmy and Kim up eventually
cyas

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: February 24, 2016, 12:12:58 pm »
I took the "bearing witness" as a dig at Jimmy, like "I'm just gonna stand here and watch you fuck it up and prove I was right" kind of thing

yeah, that's much more realistic :)  i'm just sort of hoping that chuck gets some redemption, and jimmy gets to be the one to have the power for a change.

i just read that the piano piece at the start is actually meant to be a duet with flute, but chuck screws up cos he's all alone with his metronome.  i love stuff like that :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: February 24, 2016, 01:37:49 pm »
I know Nacho wasn't physically in BB but  he may have been mentioned according to the BB WIki. 

Purely speculation but we could be introduced to some kind of undesirable character called Lalo in the near future.

There might be a reference to this character in Saul's initial appearance on Breaking Bad. When Saul is held at gunpoint by Walt and Jesse, Saul (mistakenly thinking that people sent by a person named Lalo are holding him at gunpoint) says "it wasn't me, it was Ignacio."

Since the name Nacho is short for Ignacio, it might be possible Saul talks about the same person. Peter Gould has hinted this is the same person.

Also, I noticed No-Doze and Gonzo appeared with Tuco in the desert in BCS season 1. Sure we may see a bit more of those three as the season goes on but we all know what happened to them in BB :)

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #510 on: February 24, 2016, 01:40:37 pm »
Think its pretty obvious what will break Jimmmy and Kim up eventually

I just hope something more tragic doesn't happen.

Spoiler
When she joked about jumping off the roof in this episode, for a horrible moment I thought it could be a bit of foreshadowing.
[close]

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: February 24, 2016, 01:43:34 pm »
I just hope something more tragic doesn't happen.

Spoiler
When she joked about jumping off the roof in this episode, for a horrible moment I thought it could be a bit of foreshadowing.
[close]

I'm thinking along them lines unfortunately.

I'm suspecting Jimmy going full blown Saul will be down to something totally gut wrenching concerning Kim, and not just her dumping him because he's crooked.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #512 on: February 24, 2016, 04:13:28 pm »
spoilers out of fashion this season then?...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: February 24, 2016, 04:26:03 pm »
Squatcobbler. Fucking hell, that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Apparently Odenkirk improvised a fair few of the lines in that scene (http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/how-bob-odenkirk-helped-inspire-the-funniest-better-call-saul-scene-yet)
Thank you Jurgen

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: February 24, 2016, 07:05:20 pm »
spoilers out of fashion this season then?...
spoilers only if it hasn't been aired in UK
cyas

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #515 on: February 24, 2016, 09:50:44 pm »
spoilers only if it hasn't been aired in UK

which it hasnt

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: February 24, 2016, 09:58:17 pm »
which it hasnt

It's been available on Netflix since yesterday. i would still prefer spoilers.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: February 24, 2016, 10:04:09 pm »
Squatcobbler. Fucking hell, that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Apparently Odenkirk improvised a fair few of the lines in that scene (http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/how-bob-odenkirk-helped-inspire-the-funniest-better-call-saul-scene-yet)
My word of 2016.

What a scene with those detectives,pure comedy gold.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: February 25, 2016, 09:40:07 am »
cyas

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #519 on: February 25, 2016, 10:19:20 am »
I'm going to need to watch these episodes twice.

Until I read a recap, I missed that Kim was wearing Jimmy's 'University of American Samoa Law School' sweatshirt while they were eating the pie.

And fuck Chuck.  Even Howard thought that Chuck was being dickish when he asked what Jimmy was doing and Davis & Main.  Yes, Chuck, Jimmy, who found this huge case and brought it to your firm, is being a lawyer, you asshat.
Michael McKean is just great in this too.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75