Author Topic: The Blacklist  (Read 8518 times)

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Re: The Blacklist
« Reply #40 on: December 9, 2013, 05:36:56 am »
Wow episode 9 & 10 - Just when I thought I had a handle on this - episode 9 & 10 completely reset the board
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2014, 11:40:09 am »
Just got into this...watched the first 3 and rather enjoying it....ludicrous premise but its a well produced easy / decent watch ... and Spader is always good whatever he's in
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #42 on: March 4, 2014, 03:07:20 pm »
Saw episode 11 last night.  Again, Spader is superb in it.  It's "On Demand" but I don't think it's been on the relevant Sky channel yet - well I couldn't find it.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #43 on: March 4, 2014, 03:08:00 pm »
Only reason to watch is Spader, the rest are bit parts for me.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #44 on: March 4, 2014, 03:10:33 pm »
Apparently it was back on Sky Living on the 28th Feb.

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/02/sky-living-sets-uk-return-date-blacklist/

Offline Red Emperor

• Kopite
  • Always tries to see the upside
« Reply #45 on: March 4, 2014, 03:15:12 pm »
Apparently it was back on Sky Living on the 28th Feb.

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/02/sky-living-sets-uk-return-date-blacklist/

yes it is back and it was a good episode cracking series

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #46 on: March 4, 2014, 03:23:12 pm »
was that "The Good Samaritan Killer" episode?

I thought that was ace, wasted it last night On Demand... Spader really makes the show, I don't like the actress portraying the CIA chick, very transparent/default character

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 4, 2014, 03:23:44 pm »

I thought that was ace, wasted it last night On Demand... Spader really makes the show, I don't like the actress portraying the CIA chick, very transparent/default character

That's the problem for me, honestly couldn't care if she lives or dies.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #48 on: March 5, 2014, 10:14:13 am »
Her character and her fiancee's one can both die and leave Spader do all the acting.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 5, 2014, 11:36:47 am »
Only reason to watch is Spader, the rest are bit parts for me.

If its stays focused on him like last episode it could still be good. If they go back to the whole fiancee mystery and when she will really find out how Spader is related, is tedious.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 5, 2014, 01:13:35 pm »
If its stays focused on him like last episode it could still be good. If they go back to the whole fiancee mystery and when she will really find out how Spader is related, is tedious.

Exactly, keep the focus squarely on Spader and his group of friends. Every other actor is a non entity unfortunately.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 5, 2014, 02:23:47 pm »
Exactly, keep the focus squarely on Spader and his group of friends. Every other actor is a non entity unfortunately.

The English actress (Parminder?) is wasted as is every other FBI agent when Spader does more in 1 episode than all of them put together. The Fiancee aspect could work but they spending so much time making him look "normal" it wont be interesting if he was what Spader says he is.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #52 on: March 6, 2014, 08:36:02 am »

I don't mind looking at her. But Spader is the reason I watch this show.... then playing "The Man Comes Around" made my week. I'm a man of simple pleasures when the Reds aren't playing.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2014, 02:17:22 pm »
New season starts tonight in the states.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2014, 12:25:25 pm »
Watched first 5/6 episodes yesterday.

Downloaded a load more for next Sunday afternoon.

Enjoyed it immensely.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2014, 12:27:14 pm »
New season starts tonight in the states.

You seen it?

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2014, 12:28:26 pm »
This good then?  Was going to start it but 22 episodes is an effort and a half.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2014, 12:30:44 pm »
Watched first 5/6 episodes yesterday.

Downloaded a load more for next Sunday afternoon.

Enjoyed it immensely.

Popcorn series. Just don't think about it too much. Ignore the female lead's woodenness and just revel in James Spader hamming it up. It's nearing guilty pleasure status.

Just don't make the sense of trying to critique it, or think deeply about the plot. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel. It is one of those series where you deliberate whether the actor is trying to portray that they are attempting to deceive another character, or whether they are just a really crap actor. That rabbit hole can get weird. 

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2014, 12:52:24 pm »
Popcorn series. Just don't think about it too much. Ignore the female lead's woodenness and just revel in James Spader hamming it up. It's nearing guilty pleasure status.

Just don't make the sense of trying to critique it, or think deeply about the plot. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel. It is one of those series where you deliberate whether the actor is trying to portray that they are attempting to deceive another character, or whether they are just a really crap actor. That rabbit hole can get weird.

Agree, I wouldn't arrange anything around it, like a Chris Ryan book, can be picked up and put down easily enough with no detriment to the overall story.

I've spent worse Sunday afternoons.
 :)

Me and Mrs KOP have lazy Sundays, and we always look for stuff we can download and plough through.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2014, 01:07:52 pm »

Watch it for James Spader, I do and wasn't disappointed.

You seen it?

Yup it's interesting, suppose it sets up the season and what path it's going to follow, more about Reddington's past I guess.

Offline Humperdinck

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2014, 01:50:41 pm »

It's alright, wouldnt say it's cant miss or anything, more of a if you're bored give it a watch sort of thing.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2014, 01:52:22 pm »
Yup it's interesting, suppose it sets up the season and what path it's going to follow, more about Reddington's past I guess.
Was talking about it at work and like mentioned on this page. It's enjoyable nonsense ;D

Starts back on UK tv this Friday (I think)

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2014, 03:11:07 pm »
Spader is the business in this.  If it wasn't for him I'd not have bothered.  Some cracking episodes as well.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2014, 10:16:40 am »
Finished the first series from On Demand last night...

Really enjoyed it!

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2014, 06:45:57 pm »
Spoiler
Knew that it'd be Tom behind the door!

The trailer for next week looks great. Can't wait to see what the bombshell is that Reddington drops
[close]

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2014, 07:18:27 pm »
Love this, it is hugely enjoyable nonsense and Spader is sensational. 
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2014, 09:21:45 am »
i never miss this show, but i like most things Spader is in.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2014, 10:07:11 pm »
God sake I hate America.

Why do they have a break between November and February with this??

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2014, 09:27:00 pm »
Marathoned the first series of this in a few days and enjoyed it a lot. Just starting with series 2 now so hoping it keeps up. Spader is brilliant, the more they focus on him the better.

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: February 3, 2015, 09:03:40 pm »
Delighted this was back on in America last night ..watched the new episode at lunchtime today ... The preview at the end of it for the next episode looks solid ...

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 7, 2015, 09:49:04 am »
Thought the pacing was too quick & seemed another formulaic cops & robbers show. The female lead also seemed pretty weak. Having said that it's an interesting premise around Spader's character & hopefully the writers have more about them than the cheap weekly cliffhanger/twist.

Browsing box sets on SKY last night and came across the first season. So I watched Ep 1

Totally agree with the above and especially the pacing.

It was still OK though and I am intrigued to see more and do hope it will get a bit better.

I didn't dare read the whole of this thread in case of a major spoiler, but does it get better as the season goes on?

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #71 on: May 7, 2015, 10:19:19 am »
I like it - not the most taxing of TV programes but there are some decent storylines.  And Spader is just brilliant.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 7, 2015, 08:08:39 pm »
I like it - not the most taxing of TV programes but there are some decent storylines.  And Spader is just brilliant.

Cheers mate

As the day has worn on I have been quite looking forward to watching another ep of Blacklist.

I am juggling it with Game Of Thrones of which I'm currently 3/4 of the way through the second series. I absolutely love GoT but it's nice to have something slightly lighter to watch with a bit less nudity and scenes of extreme violence!!! :)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2015, 12:50:45 pm »
i have ditched it now they seem to be recycling the same old stuff to me, for me it has become predictable and boring much as i like Spader as an actor.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2015, 02:31:23 pm »
how long is this pile of shite going to go on for?.....this series seems to have lasted for fuckin years.....well played out
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 6, 2015, 06:00:21 pm »
Good start to season 3

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 6, 2015, 06:35:29 pm »
Absolutely love this program. Think I downloaded Episode 6 from the US ealier

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 6, 2015, 06:36:28 pm »
Absolutely love this program. Think I downloaded Episode 6 from the US ealier

Just finished watching it. Great series so far!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2015, 12:59:08 pm »
Season three has been really good. Blonde hair suits her ;)

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2015, 03:08:47 pm »
Need more of this guy