Author Topic: Raheem Shaquille Sterling  (Read 678864 times)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Raheem Shaquille Sterling
« Reply #4240 on: June 15, 2014, 01:41:27 am »
Outstanding again. Brendan Rodgers deserves a lot of credit for making him what he is now.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Ruthless

• Wants to bed Matt Damon
  • Anny Roader
  • So heres to you Jordan Henderson!
« Reply #4241 on: June 15, 2014, 01:44:28 am »
He's 19.
i forgot all about that watching him, hes going to be fucking immense.

Thanks Rafa.
25-05-2005 - We won it for the 5th time, Coincidence? I think not. Oh and the goals? timed 54 mins, 56 mins and 59 Mins, Proof of destiny if you've ever asked for it.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4242 on: June 15, 2014, 01:49:21 am »
Frightening.

He's unreal - at 19 to play like that in a world cup game

It's almost surreal he's ours

Offline long.

• Anny Roader
  • He shoots... he SCORES!
« Reply #4243 on: June 15, 2014, 01:52:20 am »
that was a 'Sterling' performace ;)

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4244 on: June 15, 2014, 01:56:17 am »
i forgot all about that watching him, hes going to be fucking immense.

Thanks Rafa.

Rafa? I think you mean Owen Brown.  Hes the one that deserves the credit. He's the one that spotted Sterling and brought him to Liverpool.  Without him Sterling wouldnt be here.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:00:37 am by Carly »

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4245 on: June 15, 2014, 02:05:52 am »
Raheem is just a fucking monster of a player. I'm so glad that the kid is ours. He's going to be amazing...

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #4246 on: June 15, 2014, 02:36:59 am »
Aaron Lennon Mk.2 . Shite.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #4247 on: June 15, 2014, 02:49:41 am »
hope he gets a couple of goals before England come home

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online daggerdoo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4248 on: June 15, 2014, 02:51:22 am »
He played like he was playing at Anfield! To do that on such a stage is amazing. Uruguay and Costa Rica players must be wondering how to stop him. That is good because I believe that the tighter the opposition get the better Raheem plays.

He really deserved to be on the winning side tonight.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4249 on: June 15, 2014, 02:53:50 am »
Had the whole pub going nuts a couple of minutes in. The way that shot dropped down the side netting man.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:55:28 am by Bakez0151 »

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #4250 on: June 15, 2014, 03:06:02 am »
So, so brave and intelligent on the ball and off it. He just cuts like a knife through defences, it's brilliant to watch.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4251 on: June 15, 2014, 03:07:53 am »
Page 13 :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4252 on: June 15, 2014, 03:24:54 am »
"Listen Raheem, you've done really well in the hole for the first 65 minutes, but now I want you to sit 5 yards from the touchline, stretch their back four, and get to the byline and whip crosses in"

I hate that so much, it's his worst attacking position by a distance but it's "ok" to play him there because he is fast and black, you wouldn't play Messi wide right and ask him to whip balls in, or Robben wide left, but in this country we can't see why it doesn't work for some reason.

He was brilliant for an hour, Englands best player at 19 in a WC, but for the love of god Roy he is NOT A WINGER, he is an inside forward/attacking midfielder

Lets hope he starts again against Uruguay in the No.10 role.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4253 on: June 15, 2014, 03:51:13 am »
The move where he did a stepover and shifted it to his left foot before putting in a cross across the six yard box, in the first half, that one of the strikers should have met was identical to a clip from recent England training where he did a stepover, shifted it to his left, and shot through the defenders' legs and put it in the far corner....

His training work really is paying off, and he deserves any successes he gets at this tournament. He really has the potential to go mental and make himself a worldwide name here, he's on the brink.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4254 on: June 15, 2014, 04:07:00 am »

Little did they know in 7 months he'd be starting for England in the World Cup.

Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline NetSpend

• Main Stander
« Reply #4255 on: June 15, 2014, 04:36:37 am »
"Listen Raheem, you've done really well in the hole for the first 65 minutes, but now I want you to sit 5 yards from the touchline, stretch their back four, and get to the byline and whip crosses in"

I hate that so much, it's his worst attacking position by a distance but it's "ok" to play him there because he is fast and black, you wouldn't play Messi wide right and ask him to whip balls in, or Robben wide left, but in this country we can't see why it doesn't work for some reason.

He was brilliant for an hour, Englands best player at 19 in a WC, but for the love of god Roy he is NOT A WINGER, he is an inside forward/attacking midfielder

England had good possession in italys half for the last 25 mins and two of the best attacking fullbacks in the tournament. Could have tucked in sterling and lallana, let gerrard sit and let the FB's overlap but it never happened. I think sterling being told to stay wide has more to do with roy's fear of fullbacks gettin ahead of the ball and less to do with the fact that he's "fast and black".

Offline The Fadman

• Kopite
« Reply #4256 on: June 15, 2014, 05:36:43 am »

Christ...

"Poor touch
Weak
Lacks positional sense, quite often looked lost.
Offers no goal threat
Can't cross
Can't shoot

his age is the only reason he's at Liverpool and the only reason he isn't being hounded. Showing no signs of progression, he's actually gone backwards. I question his attitude. Smacks of a player getting a contract and thinking "I've made it". I'll give him a year and if he's no better sell him to a championship side."

:lmao

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4257 on: June 15, 2014, 05:59:21 am »
I fucking love this lad. Pace, power, directness, confidence, awareness, he's got it all. All at 19 years of age. He's a fucking gem.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4258 on: June 15, 2014, 06:07:17 am »

Actually thought it was not a bad move but would have moved him out left, barklay added a bit of freshness when we needed it...if rooney had been capable of occupying defenders barklay sterling and lallana may have managed to make the most of the possession england had around the box....either way sterling was excellent and hopefully will recuperate well before uruguay becsuse he will be heavily marked against them
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Abrak

• Pulling his Peter Principle
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4259 on: June 15, 2014, 06:26:10 am »
I dont wish to sound a party pooper but I cant help feeling that the massive hype that will now surround Sterling as 'England's great hope for the future' isnt likely to be very productive for Sterling. We have seen young England players hyped up before and then fail to develop to their potential - Walcott for instance. Personally I would have preferred if Sterling had kept below the radar for a while. Still this was always the risk of actually playing him.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4260 on: June 15, 2014, 06:37:36 am »
Jesus....the best player for England by a mile. I don't think the other English wingers can even lace his boots.

Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline long.

• Anny Roader
  • He shoots... he SCORES!
« Reply #4261 on: June 15, 2014, 06:47:10 am »
I'm a jerk but I don't mind of England are eliminated from the group. more rest for our players. same goes for Uruguay too, which seems quite likely at the moment

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4262 on: June 15, 2014, 07:57:41 am »
I'm a jerk but I don't mind of England are eliminated from the group. more rest for our players. same goes for Uruguay too, which seems quite likely at the moment

Yes, I think Henderson and Sturridge can do with a rest too. Sturridge hasn't really been 100% fit since he signed for a us. A summer of rest (and England getting knocked off) might see him start the season with all guns blazing.....  ;D
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4263 on: June 15, 2014, 08:05:35 am »
Have been saying to my mate that in a couple of years Sterling will be the best player in the prem if he continues his progress.

He's bulked up but his biggest asset is his game intelligence.

Thiery Henry has a lot of man love so you know something is right.

Offline sturridginho

• Kopite
« Reply #4264 on: June 15, 2014, 08:57:57 am »
Good performance last night, but that is the standard of performance he has produced all year, Im glad people are starting to notice.
I guess people doubted he could do it on such a big stage but any 1 who has watched him develop knows this kid is fearless

Offline sturridginho

• Kopite
« Reply #4265 on: June 15, 2014, 09:04:18 am »
http://vimeo.com/98246489
Last night game. Mostar video

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Raheem Sterling
« Reply #4266 on: June 15, 2014, 09:15:50 am »
Poor man's SWP unfortunately

Fuck me if you re read this thread. Hope some of our other written off talent comes to bear the same fruit as this lad
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4267 on: June 15, 2014, 09:21:31 am »
That pass for Rooney...mmm...

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #4268 on: June 15, 2014, 09:23:46 am »
The next world cup he goes to he will be 23 and probably still not at his peak. Just think about that for a minute!

If he keeps this form up at the world cup and then does the same in the Champions league next season he will become a world wide star.

I think having Stevie and Daniel round him will do him the world of good too. Raheem needs to take a lot of credit on how he's developed this season as it's obvious he's worked hard but what a job our manager and back room staff is doing with developing him, Fantastic work Brendan.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4269 on: June 15, 2014, 09:24:29 am »

Page 13 here is almost as good as the first post in the David Moyes thread when it comes to comedy value...

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4270 on: June 15, 2014, 10:13:39 am »
Immense performance last night from someone so young and on the biggest stage.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Raheem Sterling
« Reply #4271 on: June 15, 2014, 10:40:04 am »
It's a shame he's so overrated and will definitely not have a future here.

Winner

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #4272 on: June 15, 2014, 10:44:38 am »
No offence to Suarez but I hope we see Sterling In the knockout rounds he will be one of the best players to watch In this tournament . The longer he stays the better.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4273 on: June 15, 2014, 10:53:11 am »

Miss the bit where he had cramp and his output and movement dropped dramatically afterwards did you?

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4274 on: June 15, 2014, 10:58:11 am »
Real Madrid will be sniffing round him in a couple of years, that's how good he is
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Cave_Wang

• Anny Roader
  • "Only Steven Gerrard can do that"
« Reply #4275 on: June 15, 2014, 10:58:47 am »
Jesus....the best player for England by a mile. I don't think the other English wingers can even lace his boots.

Oxlade has been brilliant every-time he has played. I don't think people should discredit him because when he is in full flight he is impossible to stop.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4276 on: June 15, 2014, 10:59:19 am »
I dont wish to sound a party pooper but I cant help feeling that the massive hype that will now surround Sterling as 'England's great hope for the future' isnt likely to be very productive for Sterling. We have seen young England players hyped up before and then fail to develop to their potential - Walcott for instance. Personally I would have preferred if Sterling had kept below the radar for a while. Still this was always the risk of actually playing him.

The 'hype' was always going to come eventually. There's no point worrying too much about it. Sterling has been on this path for a very long time, eventually the wider footballing world was always going to catch on to what a special talent he is and start to look very closely at him.

It's something the best players have to deal with, and if Sterling is to become one then its something he'll have to deal with too.

It's positive. I don't want a team full of player that people don't think are good, I want them the be recognised as being among the best in the world. I want them feeling that pressure and I want to be fending off huge transfer bids from oil rich clubs. Because it means we've got a load of boss players if that's the case.

(Also disagree on Walcott, he's gone on to become a very good player).

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #4277 on: June 15, 2014, 11:19:45 am »
Ok..no one else is saying it , so I will................that haircut!!.....worked for James Brown I know...but...hmmm!...too many footballers with fashion victim haircuts these days....for me its there can be only four styles allowed...crew, good old fashioned short back and sides, floppy long haired south American style or big fuck off Afro.....oh! and one for the arl arses...the comb over.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4278 on: June 15, 2014, 11:25:08 am »
sterling has unlimited potential

thought that when I saw him score 5 against southend

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4279 on: June 15, 2014, 11:25:13 am »
Nah, looks good on him.
He's the anti-Rooney.