Author Topic: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread  (Read 1250832 times)

Offline jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #10200 on: January 11, 2019, 12:04:36 AM »
I see Gomez isn't due back until Feb...so much for the 5-6 weeks bullshit.

It wasn't set in stone for a definite 5-6 weeks. You can never entirely say how many weeks it will take as sometimes setbacks occur.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Eel Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and that’s being very conservative. So that’s £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head that’s £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #10202 on: January 11, 2019, 12:11:13 AM »
:butt  :butt

Is it true is the bigger question?

Online Eel Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #10203 on: January 11, 2019, 12:12:15 AM »
Is it true is the bigger question?

Who knows

The idea of Henderson and Fabinho being our starting CBs against Wolves seems a bit far fetched
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and that’s being very conservative. So that’s £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head that’s £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer

Offline RedG13

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10205 on: January 11, 2019, 12:46:07 AM »
Mate, we can't use Chris Bascombe on here as a link.
As it behind a Paywell? Will edit it then

Offline afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #10206 on: January 11, 2019, 12:52:12 AM »

No, as it's kind of a douchebag...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #10207 on: January 11, 2019, 12:54:40 AM »

Worked for News of the World, the Scum affiliate.

Offline RedG13

• Kopite
« Reply #10208 on: January 11, 2019, 12:57:31 AM »
Worked for News of the World, the Scum affiliate.
Oh makes sense. I forgot that link delete

Offline Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Definitely!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #10209 on: January 11, 2019, 07:13:10 AM »
It wasn't set in stone for a definite 5-6 weeks. You can never entirely say how many weeks it will take as sometimes setbacks occur.

Yes it was, the club said he'd be out for 6 weeks which was widely optimistic to say the least in my opinion.
Earn cashback on all your purchases with Quidco!

http://www.quidco.com/user/3878046/1870622/

Offline jillc

• Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
« Reply #10210 on: January 11, 2019, 07:42:48 AM »
Yes it was, the club said he'd be out for 6 weeks which was widely optimistic to say the least in my opinion.

They said "about six weeks" that does not translate to it being exactly six weeks to my thinking. You use common sense to realise it's a rough estimate based on the mending going without a hitch. Clearly its taking longer than that, which can sometimes happen. It's one of those things, with Joe's record of injuries we obviously can't take any chances.

Offline Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Definitely!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #10211 on: January 11, 2019, 08:09:07 AM »
They said "about six weeks" that does not translate to it being exactly six weeks to my thinking. You use common sense to realise it's a rough estimate based on the mending going without a hitch. Clearly its taking longer than that, which can sometimes happen. It's one of those things, with Joe's record of injuries we obviously can't take any chances.

No. The exact words they used were up to 6 weeks. Not about. You can go look at the press release if you want. The target for these is always return to play as well as that's what the goal is. The healing isn't taking any longer than it should and if he's going to be back in the next month then it's probably going the same as all fractures do, which is a non or partial weight bearing status for the first 6 weeks whilst the new soft bone hardens enough to allow full weight bearing. Thats basic fracture healing no matter how many caveats you put on it. To put 6 weeks for this was just getting people's hopes up and waaaaay off the mark as he was never going to be back 6 weeks after fracturing his fibula.

Online Hellrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he?
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #10212 on: January 11, 2019, 11:02:59 AM »
Matip trained yesterday per klopp
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Agent99

• Believer
« Reply #10213 on: January 11, 2019, 11:13:29 AM »
Lallana out as well

Online Stevie2810

• Main Stander
« Reply #10214 on: January 11, 2019, 11:15:48 AM »
Lovren could be back after Palace game according to Klopp

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #10215 on: January 11, 2019, 11:49:03 AM »
Matip trained yesterday per klopp

Good stuff. Straight in then?

Offline jillc

• Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
« Reply #10216 on: January 11, 2019, 11:50:05 AM »
No. The exact words they used were up to 6 weeks. Not about. You can go look at the press release if you want. The target for these is always return to play as well as that's what the goal is. The healing isn't taking any longer than it should and if he's going to be back in the next month then it's probably going the same as all fractures do, which is a non or partial weight bearing status for the first 6 weeks whilst the new soft bone hardens enough to allow full weight bearing. Thats basic fracture healing no matter how many caveats you put on it. To put 6 weeks for this was just getting people's hopes up and waaaaay off the mark as he was never going to be back 6 weeks after fracturing his fibula.

It still doesn't change the fact that any thing they say is tempered over whether the healing process is a quick one or not. I never take anything they say as gospel because at the end of the day any player injured can suffer setbacks, which will obviously put things back. Really don't get why its such a big deal. It's only because fans spend too much time stressing about stuff like this.

Online Hellrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he?
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #10217 on: January 11, 2019, 11:54:53 AM »
Good stuff. Straight in then?
your guess is as good as mine

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #10218 on: January 11, 2019, 12:01:13 PM »
It still doesn't change the fact that any thing they say is tempered over whether the healing process is a quick one or not. I never take anything they say as gospel because at the end of the day any player injured can suffer setbacks, which will obviously put things back. Really don't get why its such a big deal. It's only because fans spend too much time stressing about stuff like this.

It's a big deal because when the club say 6 weeks people take it as 6 weeks, then when it isn't 6 weeks people worry that something untoward has happened and theres been a major setback that keeps a key player out for longer. Those press releases are supposed to manage expectations and the clearly haven't done that, this was always going to be a 2 to 3 month process and that's what they should have said.

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #10219 on: January 11, 2019, 12:11:15 PM »
Gomez got injured what about a month ago?

Klopp said today:

“[The situation with] centre-halves is not cool in this moment but probably in two weeks it looks different.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #10220 on: January 11, 2019, 12:15:28 PM »
Gomez got injured what about a month ago?

Klopp said today:

“[The situation with] centre-halves is not cool in this moment but probably in two weeks it looks different.

5 weeks ago. I think the latest reports are that he'll be back in February which adds another 3 weeks on, which is probably about right for a fibula fracture

Offline 88_RED

• Believer
« Reply #10221 on: January 11, 2019, 12:27:26 PM »

How does it even matter..  ;D
If he's match fit he walks into our team.. if he's not we need to manage without him to the best of our abilities..
What the club said or didnt say or how they worded their statement at the time of injury means fuck all really..

I don't remember how the club worded the Ox injury statement, but it was widely reported that he would be out the whole season and possibly miss the start of next as well.. But now there's a chance he could be back earlier..

Sometimes players heal faster than expected, sometimes longer.. We just need to suck it up and hope our players remain largely injury free and when they do get injured, come back as quick as possible..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Big Dirk

• Believer
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #10222 on: January 11, 2019, 12:37:57 PM »
How does it even matter..  ;D
If he's match fit he walks into our team.. if he's not we need to manage without him to the best of our abilities..
What the club said or didnt say or how they worded their statement at the time of injury means fuck all really..

I don't remember how the club worded the Ox injury statement, but it was widely reported that he would be out the whole season and possibly miss the start of next as well.. But now there's a chance he could be back earlier..

Sometimes players heal faster than expected, sometimes longer.. We just need to suck it up and hope our players remain largely injury free and when they do get injured, come back as quick as possible..
It matters because he is a better option to have rather than Lovren or Matip...if Gomez is playing against City Aguero doesn't get that shot off for the goal.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline kaesarsosei

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10223 on: January 11, 2019, 12:45:12 PM »
Lallana out as well

This got beyond a fucking joke long ago. Get rid ASAP.

Offline 88_RED

• Believer
« Reply #10224 on: January 11, 2019, 12:45:35 PM »
It matters because he is a better option to have rather than Lovren or Matip...if Gomez is playing against City Aguero doesn't get that shot off for the goal.

No it doesn't matter.. all that matters is when the team management think he is ready to play for us..
There are plenty of times statements are put out that xyz player is injured or has a knock and won't play, only to be in the playing eleven (mostly against us)
Injury statements can never be definite..

As for Aguero not scoring if Gomez is on the pitch is just a silly statement to make, because there is no way for us to know that.. Maybe he scores, maybe he doesn't..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online Hellrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #10225 on: January 11, 2019, 12:48:29 PM »

As for Aguero not scoring if Gomez is on the pitch is just a silly statement to make, because there is no way for us to know that.. Maybe he scores, maybe he doesn't..
yep. bollicks it is

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg right

• Believer
« Reply #10226 on: January 11, 2019, 12:50:27 PM »
Lallana out as well
Again. Just cannot rely on him at all.

Offline 88_RED

• Believer
« Reply #10227 on: January 11, 2019, 12:53:32 PM »
Again. Just cannot rely on him at all.

To be fair mate, we haven't really relied on him this season anyway..
I really don't see how he would have got a start even if he was fully fit.. on the bench yes, but not a start..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online Hellrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #10228 on: January 11, 2019, 12:57:40 PM »
I really don't see how he would have got a start even if he was fully fit.. on the bench yes, but not a start..
fully fit he would if on form

problem is he needs games to find the level we expect of him. and he keeps getting injured so he isnt going to get to that level

he will be gone in the summer im sure

Offline kaesarsosei

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10229 on: January 11, 2019, 12:59:20 PM »

Thats the problem. If he was a 20 year old on £20k a week I would have no problem, and would be patient. But I'm sure he's on more than £100k, is nearing the end of his peak years and still is of no use to us currently.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer