Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1929892 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Injury updates thread. NOT a chat or transfer thread *
« Reply #13920 on: October 26, 2020, 02:02:36 pm »
I would be amazed if we buy anyone.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #13921 on: October 26, 2020, 02:03:56 pm »
Hope the story in the Echo is wrong, saying that we might not bother buying a new centre back in the winter window.

If the player we want is available in Jan I’m convinced we will , if not available we won’t just buy a CB

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13922 on: October 26, 2020, 02:07:00 pm »
Just been confirmed in the press conference that Thiago, Matip and Keita are unlikely to make it tomorrow.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13923 on: October 26, 2020, 02:08:22 pm »
Thiago, Naby and Matip won’t feature tomorrow against Midgetland. Klopp saying it’s the same situation, day by day monitoring.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #13924 on: October 26, 2020, 02:47:28 pm »

With Virgil out and Matip being his normal injury prone self, we are left with Gomez and stand-in Fabinho who does look at home there.

Looks like Klopp is ready to rely on Nat Phillips or one of the younger CBs in the event of an injury or suspension. If not we absolutely need another experienced CB. Probably we are not broadcasting it as the price will rocket if we say now we are buying in January.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline eeekaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13925 on: October 26, 2020, 03:17:24 pm »

I would be amazed if we didn't

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13926 on: October 26, 2020, 03:38:12 pm »
Thiago, Naby and Matip won’t feature tomorrow against Midgetland. Klopp saying it’s the same situation, day by day monitoring.

What’s up with Naby? I thought he was out due to Covid? Or did it actually make him ill and he’s suffering from after effects?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13927 on: October 26, 2020, 03:45:01 pm »
What’s up with Naby? I thought he was out due to Covid? Or did it actually make him ill and he’s suffering from after effects?

Surely he must be injured? He returned back after a negative test and then took part in a couple of training sessions.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13928 on: October 26, 2020, 03:51:35 pm »
I would be amazed if we didn't

It’s not Klopp’s way though. He doesn’t just buy someone because we have an injury. He’s more likely to work with what he has.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13929 on: October 26, 2020, 04:20:26 pm »
Surely he must be injured? He returned back after a negative test and then took part in a couple of training sessions.

You are correct. He trained after he came back from internationally duty and whatever test he took there. But he was obviously injured in training.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #13930 on: October 26, 2020, 05:05:37 pm »
You are correct. He trained after he came back from internationally duty and whatever test he took there. But he was obviously injured in training.
Did he walk off from his injury? I always find that's a good indicator of the severity...
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #13931 on: October 26, 2020, 05:07:01 pm »
Matip and Keita are now getting tiresome with all these injuries they simply can’t be relied upon,I’m sure the managers patience will eventually run out.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #13932 on: October 26, 2020, 05:13:34 pm »
I thought Ox would be back by now. Am I missing something?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13933 on: October 26, 2020, 05:17:13 pm »

There was never a timeline set by the manager or the club.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13934 on: October 26, 2020, 05:17:18 pm »

Yeah, he's still injured.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #13935 on: October 26, 2020, 05:20:01 pm »

Still in rehab.  Klopp spoke about him last week - "Oxlade is obviously in a long-term rehab, but looks good and is in a good mood usually."
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Injury news only thread. 24 hour bans if ignored *
« Reply #13936 on: October 28, 2020, 08:26:41 am »
Note new title. You've got a Squad and Rotation thread for anything that doesn't given accurate and informative news.
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=334841.0

Please keep this thread so posters can follow actual developments without wading through speculation and formations.

I thinks that's a fair request.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13937 on: October 28, 2020, 08:47:45 am »
According to Maddock there’s optimism that Fabinho’s injury will be weeks, rather than months;

‘Word late tonight is, Liverpool hopeful Fabinho hamstring problem not quite as serious as first thought.
He’ll be scanned in morning for confirmation. But could be weeks, not months.’

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13938 on: October 28, 2020, 08:54:10 am »
Still in rehab.  Klopp spoke about him last week - "Oxlade is obviously in a long-term rehab, but looks good and is in a good mood usually."

What actually happened to Ox and when did he get injured?
Who’s currently out?...

Van Dijk
Matip
Fabinho
Tsimikas
Thiago
Keita
Ox

Any more for any more? Those last four aren’t helping in terms of finding solutions to who can play CB and allowing others to move back there. Or with lack of rotation. Is Henderson’s fitness still a slight concern too? His minutes are being managed quite heavily.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13939 on: October 28, 2020, 10:42:36 pm »
Dave Maddock reporting that Fabinho’s hamstring isn’t as bad as feared.  Grade1/2, so he will be back after the international break...

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13940 on: October 29, 2020, 02:16:10 pm »
Who mate ? I'm genuinely confused about who is and who isn't having a scan these days.
Fabinho.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #13941 on: October 29, 2020, 06:25:53 pm »
Echo is saying no time frame has been set, and that more will be revealed by Klopp tomorrow.
Fabinho?

In general, can you guys mention the name of the player when you give information? It's not like we have one injured player, and him/he pronounces are not very helpful...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13942 on: October 29, 2020, 06:38:09 pm »
What's going on with Tsmiskas?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #13943 on: October 29, 2020, 06:42:02 pm »
James Pearce confirmed that Fab ruled out by Brazil.

Hamstring injury but no timescale.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13945 on: November 9, 2020, 07:31:54 pm »
Paul Joyce saying

Liverpool’s Trent Alexander-Arnold set to be out for up to four weeks following injury against Manchester City.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13946 on: November 9, 2020, 08:28:37 pm »
Thiago continues to receive treatment for the injury he sustained against Everton, with Liverpool hopeful he’ll be back after the international break. [@DominicKing_DM]

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #13947 on: November 11, 2020, 02:32:55 pm »
Gomez injured according to Joyce.

Liverpool defender Joe Gomez suffered an injury during training with England today. Gareth Southgate is likely to provide an update this evening at a press conference ahead of the Republic of Ireland game.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13948 on: November 12, 2020, 12:32:42 pm »
From Paul Joyce:

"Joe Gomez has today had successful surgery on a tendon in his left knee. Liverpool not ruling out he could play again this season."

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1326865193167704064

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13949 on: November 12, 2020, 12:34:16 pm »
Liverpool Football Club can confirm Joe Gomez has today undergone successful surgery to repair a tendon in his left knee.

The centre-back sustained the injury during a training session with the England national team on Wednesday.

The issue was isolated to Gomez’s tendon, with no damage to any other associated knee ligaments.

The operation to correct the damage, which took place in London on Thursday morning, was a success and the 23-year-old will make a full recovery.

Gomez will begin a rehabilitation programme with the Reds’ medical team immediately, with club staff carefully monitoring his progress.

No timescale is being placed upon his return, though the issue is likely to rule him out for a significant part of the remainder of 2020-21.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/415749-joe-gomez-injury-update

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13950 on: November 16, 2020, 07:35:06 am »
Andy Robertson was not involved in Scotland’s 1-0 defeat by Slovakia but is making the trip for their clash with Israel on Wednesday night.

“We could have done with another 24 hours going into this game, we had three or four knocks on the bench, which is maybe why some of the players that people might have expected to come onto the pitch at some stage, didn’t,” said Scotland manager Steve Clarke.

“Andy’s injury is a little bit more significant than everybody else’s but we’ve still got a few days to go before we get to Israel. He’s coming with us, he’s on the plane. And hopefully he is fit and available.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/416075-internationals-goals-for-keita-mane-and-wijnaldum-on-sunday

I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13951 on: November 17, 2020, 08:47:32 pm »
Fabinho and Thiago not back in training yet.
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13952 on: November 17, 2020, 09:01:23 pm »
Apparently Rhys Williams has left the England squad. Could have ramifications for the Atalanta game.

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13953 on: November 17, 2020, 09:01:33 pm »
https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-defender-ruled-out-of-england-u21-squad

Going to need to get Uri Geller on board if this shit keeps up.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13954 on: November 18, 2020, 10:50:24 am »
https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-defender-ruled-out-of-england-u21-squad

Going to need to get Uri Geller on board if this shit keeps up.

Aidy Boothroyd said it there was no real issue and that Williams was released as a precaution.

Reading between the lines, I think Robbo will be rested by Scotland and available vs Leicester. But what about Henderson? Is there any chance he makes it for Sunday?

I think the club are hopeful he'll be fine

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13955 on: November 18, 2020, 12:29:17 pm »
Does anyone have a full list of all currently injured players and when they are expected to return?  It's a little hard to keep track of at the moment. 

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13956 on: November 18, 2020, 12:32:40 pm »
From the training video, looks like Henderson is not training, though he was at Kirkby. Chamberlain was shown doing rehab, perhaps needs more strengthening still.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #13957 on: November 18, 2020, 12:37:00 pm »
Does anyone have a full list of all currently injured players and when they are expected to return?  It's a little hard to keep track of at the moment. 

Player   Reason   Further Detail   Potential Return   Condition   Status   

Andrew Robertson   Thigh Injury   Nov 12: "My hamstring seized up. In the second half of ET I had a bit of cramp, it was my left one, so I was just a bit worried."   22/11/2020   Currently Being Assessed   50%   TRACK

Rhys Williams   Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury   Nov 17: "He had a very minor stiff hip. It was in his best interests to get him back to Liverpool."   22/11/2020   Currently Being Assessed   50%   TRACK
Fabio Tavares   Thigh Injury   Oct 30: "Fab is not in, that's clear. He got a little injury and so he will be out for the weekend and probably slightly longer."   21/11/2020   None   Ruled Out   TRACK

Thiago Alcantara   Knee Injury   Nov 06: "It's an injury but doesn't need a surgery. The challenge was a harsh one and directly against the leg, so still adapting but improving. It will not be too long ."   21/11/2020   None   50%   TRACK

Trent Alexander-Arnold   Calf/Shin/Heel Injury   Nov 08: "Trent will be out for England, that is clear. What he has, we don't know, but he cannot play for England. He will have a scan tomorrow and then we will see."   No Return Date   Currently Being Assessed   25%   TRACK

Joe Gomez   Knee Injury   Nov 12: "No timescale is being placed upon his return, though the issue is likely to rule him out for a significant part of the remainder of 2020-21."   No Return Date   Currently Being Assessed   Ruled Out   TRACK

Mohamed Salah   Other   Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Covid-19)   No Return Date   Currently Being Assessed   Ruled Out   TRACK

Jordan Henderson   Thigh Injury   Nov 15: "Jordan had a bit of tightness at half-time and felt he couldn't carry on. We'll have to assess him when we get back."   No Return Date   Currently Being Assessed   50%   TRACK

Virgil van Dijk   Knee Injury   Oct 30: "He will now focus on the beginning of his rehab with the support of the Reds' medical dept. No timeframe has been placed on the Dutchman's return to action."   No Return Date   None   Ruled Out   TRACK

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain   Knee Injury   Oct 19: "Oxlade is obviously in a long-term rehab, but looks good and is in a good mood usually."   No Return Date   None   Ruled Out

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13958 on: November 18, 2020, 01:19:36 pm »
From the training video, looks like Henderson is not training, though he was at Kirkby. Chamberlain was shown doing rehab, perhaps needs more strengthening still.

Surgery takes a little while to recover from, I'd say another 3-4 weeks or so for him

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13959 on: November 18, 2020, 02:12:35 pm »
Salah tested positive again.