Author Topic: Chelsea Football Circus  (Read 1379268 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Believer
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
    • Some Film Reviews what I dun
Re: Chelsea Football Circus
« Reply #15320 on: January 4, 2019, 11:56:20 AM »
What's the point in signing Pulisic if you can't give Hudson-Odoi minutes?

If Hudson-Odoi is in Munich!?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15321 on: January 4, 2019, 02:28:23 PM »
What's the point in signing Pulisic if you can't give Hudson-Odoi minutes?

Because when they sell Hazard in the summer, a nice shiny big expensive signing makes the cockney fools happier than rolling out an academy graduate. It also makes them think they're relevant still too.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #15322 on: January 5, 2019, 02:56:24 PM »
I think Chelsea have been ghastly in how they handle their young players. Hudson-Odoi desperately needs games, rather than do what's good for him and let him go to BM, they're trying to make money out of him by involving other clubs. BM have offered a good price for him, considering his sitation. Chelsea are a bunch of greedy arses who treat their kids like commodities rather than people. What a way to treat young footballers, football is shameless sometimes.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15323 on: January 5, 2019, 03:56:18 PM »
What's the potential transfer ban for, I must have missed that news.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15324 on: January 5, 2019, 04:01:05 PM »

They deserve one for their neo-nazi fans regardless

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15325 on: January 5, 2019, 08:46:39 PM »
I think Chelsea have been ghastly in how they handle their young players. Hudson-Odoi desperately needs games, rather than do what's good for him and let him go to BM, they're trying to make money out of him by involving other clubs. BM have offered a good price for him, considering his sitation. Chelsea are a bunch of greedy arses who treat their kids like commodities rather than people. What a way to treat young footballers, football is shameless sometimes.

I understand this is said with the best of intentions jill but youth football is exactly that, a meat market; it's like that for all, there is nothing inherently wrong with that. We're only even talking about Odoi due to him having overcome the challenge of thousands of others who are now by the wayside to reach the level he has in football. You (generally speaking) want to do good, create a path in life for the 'failures', some parties do, not the guys who've already made their money without needing to kick a ball again (and Odoi has, even with his first contract)

It's probably one of the best, most efficient areas of the game the youth sector when you compare it to the bloated, often corrupt mess that the very top of the governing side is through FIFA, UEFA.

You can only have delusions about these things if you can remain at a comfortable distance from it. Odoi hasn't signed a contract extension that's been on the table for months either iirc to keep control of the situation (rightly from his angle).

It's ultimately a good thing imo that young players are so much more in control of their careers these days.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #15326 on: January 5, 2019, 11:34:05 PM »
Fabregas is set to leave this month, looks like he's going to Monaco.

They're trying to bring in Higuian and send Morata to Milan on loan. Higuain is a better finisher but at his age and with the pace of the league, I don't think he will adapt quickly enough for them.

They're also looking to sign Barella, midfielder from Cagliari, for over 40 million quid.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #15327 on: January 5, 2019, 11:42:41 PM »
That’s some bad shit with that 14yr old Forest fan. Hope the club step in and investigate.

https://twitter.com/maxdhayes/status/1081622360518729729?s=21
JFT96.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15328 on: January 5, 2019, 11:49:36 PM »
That’s some bad shit with that 14yr old Forest fan. Hope the club step in and investigate.

They should take it further with the police re the assault.
“We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.“ Zlen, 30/12/18

Online jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #15329 on: January 5, 2019, 11:55:35 PM »
I understand this is said with the best of intentions jill but youth football is exactly that, a meat market; it's like that for all, there is nothing inherently wrong with that. We're only even talking about Odoi due to him having overcome the challenge of thousands of others who are now by the wayside to reach the level he has in football. You (generally speaking) want to do good, create a path in life for the 'failures', some parties do, not the guys who've already made their money without needing to kick a ball again (and Odoi has, even with his first contract)

It's probably one of the best, most efficient areas of the game the youth sector when you compare it to the bloated, often corrupt mess that the very top of the governing side is through FIFA, UEFA.

You can only have delusions about these things if you can remain at a comfortable distance from it. Odoi hasn't signed a contract extension that's been on the table for months either iirc to keep control of the situation (rightly from his angle).

It's ultimately a good thing imo that young players are so much more in control of their careers these days.

I realise its a tough world, the point is in this case BM were already offering a crazy price for him. It's like us with Solanke, we agreed to let him go with a decent price. Why can't Chelsea do the same here, he's hardly had any performances at all. To get 30 million for him, which is what they offered is huge money for a player of his experience. The club is being totally greedy in trying to bolster up the price even more.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15330 on: January 5, 2019, 11:57:03 PM »
I realise its a tough world, the point is in this case BM were already offering a crazy price for him. It's like us with Solanke, we agreed to let him go with a decent price. Why can't Chelsea do the same here, he's hardly had any performances at all. To get 30 million for him, which is what they offered is huge money for a player of his experience. The club is being totally greedy in trying to bolster up the price even more.

Did BM actually make a 3rd bid of that level then, seems like a big jump from their previous ones that were in the 15-20 range?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #15331 on: January 6, 2019, 03:27:45 AM »
Did BM actually make a 3rd bid of that level then, seems like a big jump from their previous ones that were in the 15-20 range?

they offered 33m euros, after a bid of around 22.5m euros was rejected, and a previous one about 5 mill less was rejected.

That was a couple days ago, not heard much since, apart from that Kovac confirmed they where interested in him.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Online Chris~

• Believer
« Reply #15332 on: January 6, 2019, 09:22:11 AM »
Same thing as the big spanish clubs, signing foreign youth players that were under 18.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for a League Championship
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #15333 on: January 6, 2019, 10:52:42 AM »

No surprise ... Chelsea's stewarding is run by ex-headhunters and other nutters from the 80's/90's. I used to work with one of them. The Club is rotten from top to bottom.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Believer
« Reply #15334 on: January 6, 2019, 01:39:46 PM »
No surprise ... Chelsea's stewarding is run by ex-headhunters and other nutters from the 80's/90's. I used to work with one of them. The Club is rotten from top to bottom.

Absolute shit of a club. My mum's old boss was one of the more famous of the "headhunters" - fucking dwarf who used to go around threatening his staff even though they were all twice his size. Shit club.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15335 on: January 6, 2019, 04:42:28 PM »
Same thing as the big spanish clubs, signing foreign youth players that were under 18.
Cheers for the reply. :wave
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline S

• pineless
  • Believer
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #15336 on: January 8, 2019, 01:34:32 PM »
Why isn’t more made of their fans antics? We currently have the whole country cheering against us winning the league and yet Chelsea fans continue to be involved in scandals and as far as I can tell, there’s no nationwide party whenever they drop points.

Online Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15337 on: January 8, 2019, 02:11:23 PM »

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15338 on: January 8, 2019, 02:40:41 PM »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity
  • Believer
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #15339 on: January 8, 2019, 02:54:39 PM »
Am I right in getting the impression that Roman A has now grown tired of his expensive project and is losing interest?

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Believer
« Reply #15340 on: January 8, 2019, 03:13:10 PM »
Am I right in getting the impression that Roman A has now grown tired of his expensive project and is losing interest?
We've been thinking that for a while haven't we? But they always seem to do well enough to get players they want and win trophies. Maybe the club itself is doing well enough to fund their transfers.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
« Reply #15341 on: January 8, 2019, 05:03:30 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46796179

Just ban their fans from trains

I saw that headline earlier and thought "probably Chelsea fans", then thought that actually there are a ton of clubs out there so it could be anyone.

Yep, Chelsea fans.

Online So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #15342 on: January 8, 2019, 05:14:26 PM »
I saw that headline earlier and thought "probably Chelsea fans", then thought that actually there are a ton of clubs out there so it could be anyone.

Yep, Chelsea fans.

From Worcester!

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Believer
« Reply #15343 on: January 8, 2019, 10:07:39 PM »
Something is wrong with the journalist or new organization when the most important point is how that behavior reflects on the club.

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #15344 on: January 8, 2019, 10:14:09 PM »
Shit club from top to bottom. Wish they never hit the lottery, they'd be battling it out for 10th place for eternity if they didn't.

Offline idontknow

• i_know_use's_for_apostrophes',,_see
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15345 on: January 8, 2019, 10:26:03 PM »
Something is wrong with the journalist or new organization when the most important point is how that behavior reflects on the club.
You're right, 20 people, sexual assault, that is a major crime on a public rail-line. 20 people, doesn't matter how tough you are, that's a lot of people. How terrifying is that?
I don't have any time for the press, but again you're right, why no focus on this? No angle to make a story from. No money in it. To live as a reporter is to know where not to look.

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthreadw.php?t=2084026

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
« Reply #15346 on: January 8, 2019, 11:56:05 PM »
Why isn’t more made of their fans antics? We currently have the whole country cheering against us winning the league and yet Chelsea fans continue to be involved in scandals and as far as I can tell, there’s no nationwide party whenever they drop points.

They are a London club rooted in the Establishment?

We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline Brissyred

• Kopite
« Reply #15347 on: January 11, 2019, 03:16:15 AM »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15348 on: January 11, 2019, 10:49:25 PM »
According to The Times, the sticking point in the Hudson-Odoi deal seems to be over Chelsea insisting on a buyback clause after being burned when they re-acquired Matic and tried to bring Lukaku back. Hudson-Odoi has 18 months left on his deal and I think Bayern can afford to be patient as they have Coman and Gnabry waiting in the wings, even if Robben and Ribery likely exit
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 10:51:21 PM by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #15349 on: January 12, 2019, 11:37:05 AM »
Can they rely on Coman? I was reading the other day he was thinking of retiring because of the constant injuries he has had.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Believer
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #15350 on: January 12, 2019, 11:42:45 AM »
Because when they sell Hazard in the summer, a nice shiny big expensive signing makes the cockney fools happier than rolling out an academy graduate. It also makes them think they're relevant still too.

Sarri is no mug and to be honest i'd back him to take a bunch of Chelsea u/23's and turn them into something quite formidable in a couple of years
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Chris~

• Believer
« Reply #15351 on: January 12, 2019, 12:00:01 PM »
Sarri is no mug and to be honest i'd back him to take a bunch of Chelsea u/23's and turn them into something quite formidable in a couple of years
He doesn't seem to have any interest in doing that

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Believer
  • 禍津
« Reply #15352 on: January 12, 2019, 12:04:14 PM »
It's Chelsea, he won't be there in a couple of years.
PSN: Level-Frontier

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #15353 on: January 12, 2019, 01:42:21 PM »
Can they rely on Coman? I was reading the other day he was thinking of retiring because of the constant injuries he has had.

I think the retirement talk happened when he was in the middle of his 2nd big injury in quick succession. Hopefully it was just born out of frustration, cos he can be such a good player, be a shame if he did end up giving up football at a young age!

I guess this second half of the season will give a big clue as to how Coman gets on. Since he came back from that injury, he's been involved in every game.

Bayern also have 18 year old Canadian winger Alphonso Davies, but I have no idea of his level and as to how soon they think he'll be ready for the team.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Believer
« Reply #15354 on: January 12, 2019, 06:43:43 PM »
I don’t know what happened to Michy at Valencia, don’t think I’ve watched a single game of theirs this season.  With that said why not recall him and Abraham instead of spelunking a fortune on a 31 yr old Higuain who’s numbers are worse than Morata’s?  Combined with their refusal to sell Willian it just seems crazy.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #15355 on: January 12, 2019, 10:52:59 PM »
Higuain leaving AC Milan, so looks like he's replacing Morata.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline disgraced cake

• Believer
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15356 on: January 12, 2019, 11:04:35 PM »
Higuain leaving AC Milan, so looks like he's replacing Morata.

Higuain was great in his prime, but he looks like he'd have a harder time of it in a new league at his age. Also, he doesn't look in particularly great shape and I don't ever associate him being very quick.

That being said he's much better than Morata, and Giroud is another player past his best. His goal record since joining a year ago must be pretty poor. I'd also look at Batshuayi as an option at least.
Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online Chris~

• Believer
« Reply #15357 on: January 12, 2019, 11:15:15 PM »
I don’t know what happened to Michy at Valencia, don’t think I’ve watched a single game of theirs this season.  With that said why not recall him and Abraham instead of spelunking a fortune on a 31 yr old Higuain who’s numbers are worse than Morata’s?  Combined with their refusal to sell Willian it just seems crazy.
Trying to keep Sarri happy who doesnt seem to rate Abraham.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer