Author Topic: Chelsea Football Circus  (Read 1327365 times)

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Chelsea Football Circus
« Reply #15280 on: January 2, 2019, 12:56:22 PM »
They should this season, but I'm not convinced about next campaign. Obviously a lot hinges on what Pochettino does (and Hazard), as if he leaves that will weaken Spurs somewhat, but either way I'd expect United and Arsenal both to be a lot stronger.

Entirely agree. Definitely reeks of desperation to throw so much money on a player who is obviously not even playing every game for Dortmund, and then not even insist on having him bed in ahead of a tougher campaign next season.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Believer
« Reply #15281 on: January 2, 2019, 01:04:26 PM »
Pretty fucking mental to spend that premium money for a player that doesn't have long left on his contract, and to still allow Dortmund to keep him. I think they'll be relatively comfy in the top 4, but still. Surely you'd rather he bed in while Hazard is still there
guess the logic is if his contract expired and it went to a tribunal they might set his free at like 25 to 35 million but he'd have a lot more offers. So the extra 20 or so million they are paying is to get him early

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #15282 on: January 2, 2019, 01:29:24 PM »
Just reading some of the comments on the Dortmund forum, they are delighted with the deal and amazed to get such a fee considering the contract situation. Unlike when Dembele went there is no bitterness and anger here, as of cousre, Pulisic doesn't conduct himself like a grade a-dick :D But also of cousre, he isn't a key player for them.

A lot of the fans seem to hope they'll use some of the fee to sign ex Chelsea player Thorgan Hazard from Gladbach.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15283 on: January 2, 2019, 02:15:26 PM »
guess the logic is if his contract expired and it went to a tribunal they might set his free at like 25 to 35 million but he'd have a lot more offers. So the extra 20 or so million they are paying is to get him early

But that's the thing, they are paying the premium to him in early, but actually letting him stay at that club for an extra six months. Yes it's a year before he'd be able to talk to foreign clubs about a bosman, but for this money surely they insist on taking him right away.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Funk is the problem. And the solution.
« Reply #15284 on: January 2, 2019, 02:35:33 PM »
As an American, bummed about us not signing him and even more bummed it's a club like Chelsea that bought him.

Think a fresh start away from Dortmund could be good for Pulisic and he should look the part playing in Sarri's system. Still anticipate and hope Robbo runs him ragged for 90 minutes every time we play the plastic idiots.
“You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Asheroo

• Main Stander
« Reply #15285 on: January 2, 2019, 03:12:19 PM »
Is this Pulisic the new Landon Donovon or the new Freddy Adu?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Funk is the problem. And the solution.
« Reply #15286 on: January 2, 2019, 03:37:03 PM »
That is most definitely the first time I have heard that joke before!
“You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15287 on: January 2, 2019, 04:26:16 PM »

Tribunal fees when a player moves internationally at the end of a contract are typically negligible (such as Pogba). Its only when a player moves to a team within the same league will it be any significant amount of money.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline drmick

• Believer
« Reply #15288 on: January 2, 2019, 04:29:14 PM »
Hazard replacement?

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #15289 on: January 2, 2019, 04:37:42 PM »
Hazard replacement?

They play on opposite sides.

More like a Willian replacement

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15290 on: January 2, 2019, 08:34:26 PM »
Got caught up in the hype earlier in his career and wanted him here. He's done nothing to justify that fee so glad we swerved this one, think this may be a case of us putting out our interest as a smokescreen so clubs won't be aware of who we're actually after. Chelsea took the bait  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline stoopid yank

• Believer
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #15291 on: January 2, 2019, 10:18:45 PM »
As an American, bummed about us not signing him and even more bummed it's a club like Chelsea that bought him.

Think a fresh start away from Dortmund could be good for Pulisic and he should look the part playing in Sarri's system. Still anticipate and hope Robbo runs him ragged for 90 minutes every time we play the plastic idiots.

Sarri didn't even know yesterday they had bought him. Chelsea is where young promising players go to rot. Especially one bought more for marketing reasons than playing ability.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Caligula?

• Mr Negativity here, I’m worried about... Everything. In no danger of saying anything positive about anyone or anything any time soon.....
  • Believer
  • I live!
« Reply #15292 on: January 2, 2019, 10:20:07 PM »
Ha, Pulisic is being forced onto Sarri and he'll be forced to play him next season as well. That's Sarri off after next season then.

Offline drmick

• Believer
« Reply #15293 on: January 2, 2019, 10:54:37 PM »
Who calls the shots at Chelsea regarding transfers then?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
« Reply #15294 on: January 2, 2019, 11:01:24 PM »
Who calls the shots at Chelsea regarding transfers then?

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BrandoLFC

• Believer
« Reply #15295 on: January 3, 2019, 04:34:52 AM »
Look at the ages of Hazard, Willian and Pedro and then tell me with a straight face that the Pulisic deal is a bad deal.  Also the rumor is Chelsea is about to get an 18mo transfer ban so Dortmund had them a bit over the barrel.  Combine that with the amount of work ahead in going from 40 loaned players to 8 in the near future and it makes sense to just spend the money on Pulisic and move onto the next issue.

Offline latortuga

• Believer
« Reply #15296 on: January 3, 2019, 07:24:03 AM »
Look at the ages of Hazard, Willian and Pedro and then tell me with a straight face that the Pulisic deal is a bad deal.  Also the rumor is Chelsea is about to get an 18mo transfer ban so Dortmund had them a bit over the barrel.  Combine that with the amount of work ahead in going from 40 loaned players to 8 in the near future and it makes sense to just spend the money on Pulisic and move onto the next issue.

What issue does Pulisic cover?  He's not exactly a proven player and certainly isn't a forward that's getting them goals, something they so desperately need.  The only thing I can read from this is either (a) Abramovich has decided that he needs to start spending big again, with little to no fear of FFP as that's a farce or (b) Chelsea have just agreed to sell Hazard to Real Madrid for 200m pounds.  I think the second seems more likely. 

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15297 on: January 3, 2019, 07:25:53 AM »
What issue does Pulisic cover?  He's not exactly a proven player and certainly isn't a forward that's getting them goals, something they so desperately need.  The only thing I can read from this is either (a) Abramovich has decided that he needs to start spending big again, with little to no fear of FFP as that's a farce or (b) Chelsea have just agreed to sell Hazard to Real Madrid for 200m pounds.  I think the second seems more likely. 
it depends what they do with the hazard money, I mean a year and a half ago if you said we’d effectively swap coutinho for a Southampton defender and Roma’s backup keeper (especially for that money) you’d have been a madman but that’s what has happened and look where we are

Online ScottishGoon

• Believer
« Reply #15298 on: January 3, 2019, 08:36:22 AM »
I'm glad they are letting Pulisic stay at Dortmund as I don't really want them strengthened in this window. I still think they are a more balanced team than Arsenal, but their problems in attack remain our best chance to try & sneak 4th ahead of them.

Think they still have to come to us, City, Liverpool, Utd, Everton & Leicester in the 2nd half of the season, with only really a home game vs Spurs in amongst that.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2019, 08:41:48 AM by ScottishGoon »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Believer
« Reply #15299 on: January 3, 2019, 11:09:11 AM »
Sarri didn't even know he was being signed  ;D

Absolute circus.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Believer
« Reply #15300 on: January 3, 2019, 12:38:42 PM »
Sarri didn't even know he was being signed  ;D

Absolute circus.
Read an article 2/3 days before he was signed where Sarri said that they desperatly needed a winger in January... 2 days later they sign Pulisic, BUT he stays at Dortmund for the season.. :)

Really is a circus with the managers there who are just coming and going and just organizing players. They're thoroughly entrenched in the DoF model- having introduced it somewhere in 2007 or maybe earlier, but the communication seems to be a bit of problem nowadays.

Anyway- Chelsea had a DoF/Technical Director until November 2017, when Michael Emenalo left them (has been in that role since 2010, I think. Can't remember who preceded him). They've been without one since.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2019, 12:44:13 PM by the_red_pill »
Let's drink to him once more. He was a good Stalker.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline BrandoLFC

• Believer
« Reply #15301 on: January 3, 2019, 04:41:08 PM »

The age related decline of Pedro or Willian?  He can easily do either of their jobs at his current level.

Sarri gave his blessing to the transfer weeks ago, he said he didn’t know he was being signed today which matters not if he was loaned right back.

Offline IanZG

• Believer
« Reply #15302 on: January 3, 2019, 06:23:23 PM »
The age related decline of Pedro or Willian?  He can easily do either of their jobs at his current level.

What makes you so sure of that? Because Dortmund don't consider him to be good enough currently for their first team from what I can tell...

Offline BrandoLFC

• Believer
« Reply #15303 on: January 3, 2019, 06:45:17 PM »
What makes you so sure of that? Because Dortmund don't consider him to be good enough currently for their first team from what I can tell...

So not being as good as Sancho = shit?  Pulisic has certainly played this year so no idea what your talking about.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #15304 on: January 3, 2019, 06:50:54 PM »

part of the issue at Dortmund though was that he wouldn't sign a new contract, plus he got injured and then missed a few games early season, putting him on the back foot a bit.

Sure, he isn't booting Sancho out of the team any time soon, but there's more going on.  It's too simple to say its just cos of Sancho. Favre has decided to stick with Bruun Laarsen as his other regular starting winger, and the results the team have got, means he likely doesn't need to change things up too much.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
« Reply #15305 on: January 3, 2019, 06:54:20 PM »
So not being as good as Sancho = shit?  Pulisic has certainly played this year so no idea what your talking about.

Nobody has claimed the lad is shit.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15306 on: January 3, 2019, 06:56:52 PM »

Nobody has claimed the lad is shit.

Gerry has... ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Believer
« Reply #15307 on: January 3, 2019, 06:58:26 PM »
Gerry has... ;D

I don't remember ever saying he's shit, but I don't rate him one iota so yeah, maybe I have ;D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15308 on: January 3, 2019, 07:10:52 PM »

You're American I think so you're clearly biased. This signing is a big gamble, it may pay off but it is 100% a gamble though and an expensive one at the price.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline IanZG

• Believer
« Reply #15309 on: January 3, 2019, 07:13:37 PM »

Not claiming he's shit or anything, just that I wouldn't be so sure he's capable of currently performing at Pedro or Willian's level if he's not a starter for Dortmund. This is not a dig at Dortmund, btw.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #15310 on: January 3, 2019, 07:16:34 PM »
Not claiming he's shit or anything, just that I wouldn't be so sure he's capable of currently performing at Pedro or Willian's level if he's not a starter for Dortmund. This is not a dig at Dortmund, btw.

i'd think it's anything BUT a dig at them  ;D  Even though I like Pulisic, he's not an key part of their team now. A good squad player yes, but he's not one of their key men.

I honestly don't have a clue how he'll do there, they seem to go through manages quite a bit, which likely won't help. But last night for instance, I'd have prefered seeing him come on when Willian got injured if I was a Chelsea fan. They really are light with their attacking options it seems.

I am genuinely intrigued to see how it goes for him though.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15311 on: January 3, 2019, 07:18:03 PM »
What's the point in signing Pulisic if you can't give Hudson-Odoi minutes?

Offline IanZG

• Believer
« Reply #15312 on: January 3, 2019, 07:27:25 PM »
i'd think it's anything BUT a dig at them  ;D  Even though I like Pulisic, he's not an key part of their team now. A good squad player yes, but he's not one of their key men.

I honestly don't have a clue how he'll do there, they seem to go through manages quite a bit, which likely won't help. But last night for instance, I'd have prefered seeing him come on when Willian got injured if I was a Chelsea fan. They really are light with their attacking options it seems.

I am genuinely intrigued to see how it goes for him though.

I would have thought that signing a goalscorer would've been a priority for them. As much as William and Pedro seem to be in decline, they are still more serviceable than Morata and Giroud. If this is a sign of Hazard leaving then I have no clue what will happen to them, could be they try to slowly rebuild with a younger squad, but Abramovic doesn't strike me as the type of owner who'd like that.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #15313 on: January 3, 2019, 07:31:24 PM »
I would have thought that signing a goalscorer would've been a priority for them. As much as William and Pedro seem to be in decline, they are still more serviceable than Morata and Giroud. If this is a sign of Hazard leaving then I have no clue what will happen to them, could be they try to slowly rebuild with a younger squad, but Abramovic doesn't strike me as the type of owner who'd like that.

I agree striker should be a priority. Pulisic going back to BVB for the rest of the season suggest he isn't a priority anyway, although I'd guess the coach would like to have had more options now too!

No clue what the situation is with strikers, if they've been after anyone, or linked with anyone, not kept up really. But yeah, Morata is just a bit of a dud for them, and then Giroud the only other option, just mad really.  Maybe they'll bring back their very own red headed step child Michy Batshuayi from Valencia. Don't think he's having the best of times there.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Believer
« Reply #15314 on: January 4, 2019, 06:15:06 AM »
Since I’m an American it means I can’t understand why Chelsea would sign Pulisic?  Neither Pedro or Willian are prolific and I can’t see why him and Hudson-Odoi can’t play together.  Maybe it’s an overpay, maybe it’s not.  I really don’t care.

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #15315 on: January 4, 2019, 06:33:09 AM »

Its madness really. Hudson-Odoi is real top talent and just illustrates what a farce that club is.

Online Igor Tripod Biscan

• Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #15316 on: January 4, 2019, 06:40:29 AM »

Shirt sales alone - Less letters on the shirt = more likely to sell shirts?
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #15317 on: January 4, 2019, 06:52:17 AM »

Always wondered why Jan Vennegor of Hesselink never had a better career

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #15318 on: January 4, 2019, 07:01:56 AM »

Also he is black and they dont like that down in Chelsea.

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #15319 on: January 4, 2019, 10:50:10 AM »
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and that’s being very conservative. So that’s £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head that’s £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.