Author Topic: Chelsea Football Circus  (Read 1377089 times)

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
Re: Chelsea Football Circus
« Reply #14920 on: September 23, 2018, 07:56:07 PM »
Can't remember when was the last time that we won against this circus of a club. I believe this time we've got all the tools to get a positive result. If we win the battle in the midfield, we can truly embarrass them, because their defence isn't that great.

We won in 2016 at the Bridge, Henderson scored a screamer to double our lead after Lovren scored from a volley to give us the lead. They pulled one back via Costa.

We also beat them in 2015 3-1 there during Mourinho's last year.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14921 on: September 23, 2018, 07:56:16 PM »
Can't remember when was the last time that we won against this circus of a club. I believe this time we've got all the tools to get a positive result. If we win the battle in the midfield, we can truly embarrass them, because their defence isn't that great.

It was in 2016, out of the last five we've won one, lost one and drawn three.

Online PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #14922 on: September 23, 2018, 08:00:36 PM »

Easy, the season before last at the Bridge with Hendo scoring a screamer. How could anyone forget that?  :o

Last season, they got a flukey equaliser from Willian at Anfield.

Online Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
« Reply #14923 on: September 23, 2018, 08:07:55 PM »
They'll be looking to get a man sent off and a dodgy pen.  They can't match us 11v11.
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #14924 on: September 23, 2018, 08:11:07 PM »
They'll be looking to get a man sent off and a dodgy pen.  They can't match us 11v11.

Kante will be a real threat in this one.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14925 on: September 23, 2018, 08:18:52 PM »
They can't match us 11v11.

Definately, I think they'll be a tough opponent but I'm confident we'll win (although a draw wouldn't be that bad).

Offline Caligula?

• Mr Negativity here, I’m worried about... Everything. In no danger of saying anything positive about anyone or anything any time soon.....
  • Believer
  • I live!
« Reply #14926 on: September 23, 2018, 09:31:46 PM »
I hate playing at Stamford Bridge. There's just something about it where more often than not we seem to go there and put in a sub-par performance and lose 1-0 or the like to an average Chelsea side we should have beat. Hopefully we'll be firing on all cylinders next weekend.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #14927 on: September 23, 2018, 09:53:54 PM »
I hate playing at Stamford Bridge. There's just something about it where more often than not we seem to go there and put in a sub-par performance and lose 1-0 or the like to an average Chelsea side we should have beat. Hopefully we'll be firing on all cylinders next weekend.

Often we do.
But there were also plenty of marker performances there, under Kenny, Klopp even Rafa - and I expect one of those next weekend.

Online princeoftherocks

• Believer
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #14928 on: September 23, 2018, 10:03:04 PM »
Maurizio sarri:

"We have started to work all together 35, 40 days ago. So for us I think it's a bit early," Sarri added.

"We have to work. We need to improve and then maybe in one year we will be at the same level as Liverpool."

Picture the War Cry!

dios esta buena

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity?
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14929 on: September 23, 2018, 10:12:22 PM »
These lot will always be a threat when they have the likes of hazard and kante. Think we will prevail though.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14930 on: September 23, 2018, 10:42:17 PM »
think they’ve won only 3 of the last 12 against us at home

Offline idontknow

• i_know_use's_for_apostrophes',,_see
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14931 on: September 23, 2018, 11:12:41 PM »
It's always been a bit of a strange place for us. Clive Walker in about 78 scored a hattrick. Then Kenny scored to clinch the league there as player-manager. Rush's last game there in a 3-3. The Fa cup in about 98 where Zola 2nd half started them off and James for us killed a brilliant looking season. Then all the Rafa matches. And that Mourinho c*nt against Brendan. And Klopp just bossing shit out them. Always a wierd pplace for us to visit. Even Peter Borota kept a clean sheet against us in 78-79 there.
They deserve smashing.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthreadw.php?t=2084026

Offline BarryCrocker

• Believer
« Reply #14932 on: September 24, 2018, 12:26:13 AM »
Maurizio sarri:

"We have started to work all together 35, 40 days ago. So for us I think it's a bit early," Sarri added.

"We have to work. We need to improve and then maybe in one year we will be at the same level as Liverpool."

Picture the War Cry!

Siege mentality.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14933 on: September 24, 2018, 02:53:44 AM »
He should get a seat serve for cigarettes

Offline Caligula?

• Mr Negativity here, I’m worried about... Everything. In no danger of saying anything positive about anyone or anything any time soon.....
  • Believer
  • I live!
« Reply #14934 on: September 24, 2018, 05:27:11 AM »
think they’ve won only 3 of the last 12 against us at home

Maybe it's just that game from last season that's clouding my judgment. We lost 1-0 as I think it was either before or right after an important CL game. Annoyingly we have another one a few days after the league match this Saturday as well.

Online goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • Believer
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #14935 on: September 24, 2018, 06:17:08 AM »
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14936 on: September 24, 2018, 10:34:57 AM »
Maurizio sarri:

Picture the War Cry!

Can't disagree with this to be honest. I am actually impressed how Sarri has made an impact on their playing style in such a short time.

Offline Sharado

• SAVAGE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14937 on: September 24, 2018, 11:09:56 AM »
I guess because it'll essentially be a reserves v reserves fixture midweek, I can't get excited about the league cup game at all. Just feels like something to get out of the way before the real deal on Saturday.
No heavy-metal football. Uninspiring team selections. Playing like a team closer to relegation worries

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Believer
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
    • Some Film Reviews what I dun
« Reply #14938 on: September 24, 2018, 11:16:35 AM »
I guess because it'll essentially be a reserves v reserves fixture midweek, I can't get excited about the league cup game at all. Just feels like something to get out of the way before the real deal on Saturday.

But I think it's actually really important for the likes of Shaqiri, Sturridge and Fabinho who all need to be starting matches somewhere.

Plus we should want to be winning that Cup, get the silverware polishing started under Klopp. City, Chelsea have all used the Milk Cup to begin that winning feeling. Once you start winning, you want more.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk
  • Believer
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #14939 on: September 24, 2018, 11:17:46 AM »
I get that but both squads have decent depth and I think both will also field some established first teamers. It's not like the mid-90s when you'd see an 18 year old you'd never heard of play who would then promptly be sold to Rotherham or some such...

Online Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
« Reply #14940 on: September 24, 2018, 11:19:38 AM »

Have you seen our bench lately?  There's a lot to be excited about.  I'm looking forward to seeing how we play.

Plus we have a critical opportunity to lay down an important marker by doing an early double over Chelsea.  Make no mistake - this result is just as vital to us as Saturday in terms of morale and momentum.
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
« Reply #14941 on: September 24, 2018, 11:31:58 AM »
Easy, the season before last at the Bridge with Hendo scoring a screamer. How could anyone forget that?  :o

Grujic certainly won't be forgetting it in a hurry.

Online Prick-40

• 'P' found and restored, thanks for all your help xx
  • Believer
« Reply #14942 on: September 24, 2018, 11:35:25 AM »

I remember, but it was more rhetorical, because since 2012, we've won only three times against them, lost six times, and drew 7.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:37:13 AM by Rick-40 »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks
I'll have a bit of horse cock.
I'm a knob

Online Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14943 on: September 24, 2018, 06:30:54 PM »
Will be interesting to see how it works out with Sarri..

Is this a new manager bounce?  Or is it down to some really good coaching?

Could be both of course...
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14944 on: September 24, 2018, 06:57:53 PM »
Will be interesting to see how it works out with Sarri..

Is this a new manager bounce?  Or is it down to some really good coaching?

Could be both of course...

well they certainly have the talent - talent that essentially stopped playing for Conte. More or less the same team that won the league 2 season ago.

Online Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14945 on: September 24, 2018, 06:59:00 PM »
well they certainly have the talent - talent that essentially stopped playing for Conte. More or less the same team that won the league 2 season ago.

Yeah,,. True that... But without Costa.... can any team be so toothless up front and do well?

Time will tell I guess.
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Online Prick-40

• 'P' found and restored, thanks for all your help xx
  • Believer
« Reply #14946 on: September 24, 2018, 07:28:52 PM »

Hazard got frustrated under Conte, because he wasn't getting the best out of him, wrong position etc. I don't think Sarri is some sort of genius, he's just playing players in their best positions. Don't think he has any trick under the sleeves - what you see is what you get.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks
I'll have a bit of horse cock.
I'm a knob

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer