Author Topic: Chelsea Football Circus  (Read 1379831 times)

Pheeny

Chelsea Football Circus
« on: August 25, 2013, 10:23:40 AM »
Try and keep it sort of serious  :wave 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:25:10 PM by John C »

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Chelsea Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 10:46:07 AM »
I don't mind Mourinho.  There, I said it.  I feel a little dirty but it's true.

No chance of finishing lower than 3rd this year.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 10:58:08 AM »
I don't mind Mourinho.  There, I said it.  I feel a little dirty but it's true.

No chance of finishing lower than 3rd this year.

Have to say I don't have as much hate towards him as I use to.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Believer
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 11:01:09 AM »
has he lost some of that 'edge' or is he just playing smart? i'll be interested in seeing how their season pans out

The West is finished, China is the future

Offline drmick

• Believer
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 11:19:07 AM »

Can't you give warnings to folk who post stupid comments? The General Football and Sport forum is usually quite civilised.

Anyway back to Chelsea. I honestly thought Oscar was doomed when Mourinho was appointed, but it looks like he's first choice for the no. 10 role, and that its Mata who may be the overall loser.

Am guessing that Lampard and Terry are now back to undroppable status, which is bad news for Luiz and/or Cahill, and Essien and Mikel will hardly get a look in.

Not sure how Rooney solves their striker issue either.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 11:23:12 AM »
Have to say I don't have as much hate towards him as I use to.

I'd say that's because it's all smooth sailing so far for him. Once something goes against them, I doubt the mellow nice guy will be seen much more.
We are Liverpool!

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Believer
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 11:24:35 AM »
has he lost some of that 'edge' or is he just playing smart? i'll be interested in seeing how their season pans out
Nah, he's not playing it smart. He has lost that aura of being the "SPECIAL ONE" at Real Madrid, he's not as intimidating as before to be quite honest.

Think they will finish a distant second with a large margin on United but not near enough to challenge City.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Online Max_powers

• Believer
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 11:56:14 AM »
Hate them and Mourinho but I hope they give united a proper beating tommorow

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Believer
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 12:06:33 PM »
Willian confirmed.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 12:08:39 PM »
We can give warnings but as soon as a General topic becomes high maintenance we are more likely to lock it. More grief than it is worth.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 12:14:56 PM »
Just posted this extract from Carra's column in the Spurs thread in response to something, but it's derailing that thread. Highlights the conscious - indeed planned - aspect of his behaviour. Much like Ferguson in that respect. Context: Carra chatted at length to Mourinho last season when he went to Manchester to catch up with Xabi.
You could see when he spoke about being in England, however, what it meant for him to manage here: the intensity, the drama, the battle required to come out on top. During his first spell here, he wanted Chelsea to win so much that it left me wanting to beat his teams more than anyone.
Playing Chelsea became bigger than playing Manchester United and Everton. That was simply because of him and the way he could get inside your head. I had my share of run-ins with him, like in the Carling Cup final in 2005.
We had a heated exchange on the touchline after he had accused Luis Garcia of feigning injury. After the game, he pulled me to one side and said: ‘You know why I did that, don’t you?’
Of course I did. He was trying to influence the referee.
I also gave an interview once in which I referred to Chelsea as being ‘a team from the 1980s’. It was a response to Mourinho comparing Liverpool’s style of play to Bolton as we had Peter Crouch at centre forward. As soon as I said it, I regretted it. It was stupid. He had rattled me. So he had won.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 12:16:51 PM »
Hate Chelsea, but Mourinho is a quality manager. Glad to have him back in the Premier.

And yes, Spain does seem to have calmed him down a bit doesn't it?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 12:47:04 PM »
Hate Chelsea, but Mourinho is a quality manager. Glad to have him back in the Premier.

And yes, Spain does seem to have calmed him down a bit doesn't it?
it's all a front mate, I don't buy it.
all this "oh, I'm so mellow now, I'm back amongst friends" stuff is a load of shite, just to get the media on his side.
and it seems to be working too.
there were so many journos heads up his arse at that presser the other day, I'm surprised he could sit down.

2 games in and he's already wound up 3 managers.

I'm just hoping he winds up someone in the chelsea dressing room, Mata or maybe Torres, and they decide to break ranks and cause a Madrid style split in there.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 12:48:26 PM »
Their midfield is seriously loaded ;D

"Don’t criticize what you don’t understand, son. You never walked in that man’s shoes."

Offline Stevie93

• Believer
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 12:51:02 PM »

Van Ginkel as well. Oriol Romeu and Marin out on loan.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Natural Police
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 12:51:08 PM »
Wilian and Hazard are wingers/attacking mids
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 12:53:03 PM »
They've got Eto'o now apparently too:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10264473/Chelsea-seal-deal-for-Samuel-Etoo-as-Jose-Mourinho-decides-to-wait-for-Manchester-Uniteds-Wayne-Rooney.html

Chelsea seal deal for Samuel Eto'o as Jose Mourinho decides to wait for Manchester United's Wayne Rooney

Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Samuel Eto’o as part of the negotiations to acquire Willian for £30 million from Anzhi Makhachkala which will end their attempts to buy Wayne Rooney this summer.

The double signing could be announced later this week. The transfer of Eto’o, the 32-year-old former Inter Milan and Barcelona striker, is part of the agreement to sign Brazil midfielder Willian but Jose Mourinho does not want Eto’o’s involvement to become public until after Monday night’s Premier League game against Manchester United. Mourinho hopes that continuing the speculation over Chelsea’s interest in Rooney, who may start, will unsettle United.

Rooney had hoped to join Chelsea this summer but is now resigned to staying at United and, it is understood, fully prepared to run down his contract in the hope of either leaving in January or more likely next summer when Moyes may be more prepared to sell. Chelsea have indicated that they will wait for Rooney, who has two years left on his contract, and they regard Eto’o as a stopgap.

The fee for Eto’o, the highest-paid player at the Russian club, is thought to be around £2 million. Tottenham Hotspur , who had agreed a deal to sign Willian until it was hijacked by Chelsea, are furious at having missed out on the midfielder and the collapse of the move could delay Gareth Bale’s impending departure to Real Madrid. Spurs are determined to bring in another attacking player first as well as sign Roma forward Erik Lamela.

Spanish media said Bale had arrived in Spain yesterday ahead of a world record move which Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino said was disrespectful. Martino said: "Bale is a good player but the numbers that are being talked about; it is a lack of respect for the world we live in."

Speaking ahead of Chelsea's clash with United, Mourinho was happy to discuss the possibility of signing Rooney, for whom Chelsea have had two bids rejected, even arguing that United should sell to them to keep the striker in England.

“That old-fashioned mentality of ‘I don’t sell players to clubs in the same country’ I think doesn’t help the market,” Mourinho said.

“It doesn’t help the players and sometimes you push players to play abroad when you should be interested in keeping the players to play in your league because when you keep players in your league you are contributing to making your league the best league, so when you want to sell and you push the players abroad I think you are giving the wrong contribution to the league.”

Mourinho suggested it was not in United’s interests to keep an “unhappy” player. “We had Robben unhappy, we sold him to Real Madrid because he wanted so much to go to Real Madrid. We had William Gallas unhappy, we sold William Gallas to Arsenal,” he said of his first spell at Chelsea although he added that “every case” was different.

Eto’o, like Willian and Anzhi’s other star players, was put up for sale after club owner Suleyman Kerimov decided to pull much of his funding. His arrival at Chelsea will see the club attempt to move on Demba Ba before the transfer window closes, with Victor Moses expected to go out on loan.

Willian’s arrival will cast further doubt on the future of Juan Mata. He is likely to make way for Willian in Mourinho’s first-choice team, the Brazilian lining up with Eden Hazard and Oscar as an attacking trio behind a lone striker.

Mata is unlikely to be sold this summer but he will not be happy if his role at Chelsea is reduced – especially with a World Cup at the end of the season.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Believer
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 12:56:50 PM »
That is mental if true. Ba, Lukaku, Torres, Eto'o.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 12:59:17 PM »
That is mental if true. Ba, Lukaku, Torres, Eto'o.
don't think any of those could really be classed as in form, proven world class strikers though.

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Believer
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 01:03:41 PM »
Eto'o is way past his best.

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 01:06:06 PM »
The odd thing for me is that he hasn't tried to go and get Drogba.
Nobody hasn't embarrassed me, because i have no respect for you and 4-5 others like you.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 01:07:41 PM »
The odd thing for me is that he hasn't tried to go and get Drogba.

or Benteke. Similar players, Benteke still only 22  :o

"Don’t criticize what you don’t understand, son. You never walked in that man’s shoes."

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Believer
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 01:07:43 PM »
don't think any of those could really be classed as in form, proven world class strikers though.

True but I don't know how you keep them all happy. Surely one has to go, Ba is a really good forward but can't see him being someone Mourinho likes, Torres for me is just not worth it any more; far too inconsistent and needs to go back to Spain. Lukaku can be great but needs experience and to be the main man.

Chelsea might be biting off more than they can chew but the squad depth is outstanding. I think Mourinho is more bothered about the Champions League than the league seeing as he never won it with Chelsea first time round so having a plethora of talent to come in for the latter stages of that tournament may be his idea. Whether or not he can get a team to gel in the league I don't know; I think City will be in better shape and will have a better understanding as a team.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline WelshMike

• Believer
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 01:07:52 PM »

I'm sure he'll still manage to squeeze in complaints of lack of squad depth or spending power at some point, though.

No excuse not to be challenging for the league title at the least with that squad, if not winning it. Fortunately it's still a little unbalanced (particularly in defensive midfield) and they're potentially lacking a striker (unless Lukaku is played regularly and comes good, which he probably will) but I'm worried that the sheer attacking talent will be enough to overrun most of the league.

About 10-12 teams in the league look like they've got little for the big guns to worry about, so Chelsea might accumulate a hell of a lot of their points that way, Man Utd-esque from Ferguson's last few years. Hoping Man City can stop them, but both are preferable to Moyes' United.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Kloppite
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 01:08:45 PM »

I don't think Ba and Lukaku are world class mate, maybe Premier League proven, but not world class. Not to mince words with you like...

Mourinho's a class act, I have to admit, I hate the guts of him when he plays us, or beats us, but that's me as a Liverpool Supporter. As a Football Fan, I love to see him do his thang.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline ArchieC

• Believer
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2013, 01:08:46 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmCtci6cen8

Interesting video about the reasons why Abramovich wanted to buy Chelsea in the first place.
We all bleed RED!!

Offline CHOPPZBOT

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock.
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2013, 01:10:50 PM »
Well that counts me out then. :P
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2013, 01:15:25 PM »
I really didn't mind what Mourinho brought to the game. He brought passion and rivalry back. It was a throwback to when most teams had hate figures. I love all that, all the drama, fans up in arms, atmosphere bubbling over with every challenge. Today, in comparison is virtually sterilised with everyone wanting to keep out of controversy.

He's obviously very talented at getting the best from his team physically and mentally. He's not trying to be respected, and with respect he doesn't have to be. His achievements when he wraps up will speak for themselves. You will respect his success, if not the man behind it.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Kloppite
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2013, 01:22:11 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmCtci6cen8

Interesting video about the reasons why Abramovich wanted to buy Chelsea in the first place.

Ain't watched it, but does it have anything to do with money laundering?  :P
Continually on 11,420.

Offline WelshMike

• Believer
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »
I don't think Ba and Lukaku are world class mate, maybe Premier League proven, but not world class. Not to mince words with you like...

You're agreeing with him - that's exactly what he was saying.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2013, 01:24:08 PM »

Mourinho's a class act, I have to admit, I hate the guts of him when he plays us, or beats us, but that's me as a Liverpool Supporter. As a Football Fan, I love to see him do his thang.

He's a very good manager, but what exactly is his 'thang'?

You can observe someone like Pellegrini, with a fairly novel system of football, and learn something. The same with Rodgers's possession football, the precision, down to the time granted (our own instruction) to each player on the ball and the passing to a player's left or right foot etc. You could watch a Benitez team and see how precisely players fit within the team unit, both as at the level of the entire 11 and the defensive unit closest to the ball. I watch a Mourinho team and I see a well organised side (but not to the absolute highest level I've seen a certain Spaniard do), I see good use of tactical attacks (which Allardyce is very good at as well, any Allardyce team is actually worth more of a watch for a learning experience as an amateur coach, in terms of getting the best out of resources rather than a Mourinho side). I see players instructed to gang up on refs any time a contentious decision looks likely, but hey, you know who got that done too.

When you see a Mourinho side in action, you see the work of a good coach and his staff. There isn't anything you can take away, that you could call his 'thang' that identifies him imo. All this strictly talking about football of course.

Then there are those who like his 'charisma' off the pitch. I don't know how it is these days with 'men' but I have a fairly straightforward method when assessing people on a professional basis, either you show me useful information I can use or shut up.

Offline drmick

• Believer
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2013, 01:24:30 PM »
Wilian and Hazard are wingers/attacking mids

Think you may have been whooshed, mate.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Kloppite
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2013, 01:26:11 PM »

You can observe someone like Pellegrini, with a fairly novel system of football, and learn something. The same with Rodgers's possession football, the precision, down to the time granted (our own instruction) to each player on the ball and the passing to a player's left or right foot etc. You could watch a Benitez team and see how precisely players fit within the team unit, both as at the level of the entire 11 and the defensive unit closest to the ball. I watch a Mourinho team and I see a well organised side (but not to the absolute highest level I've seen a certain Spaniard do), I see good use of tactical attacks (which Allardyce is very good at as well, any Allardyce team is actually worth more of a watch for a learning experience as an amateur coach, in terms of getting the best out of resources rather than a Mourinho side). I see players instructed to gang up on refs any time a contentious decision looks likely, but hey, you know who got that done too.

When you see a Mourinho side in action, you see the work of a good coach and his staff. There isn't anything you can take away, that you could call his 'thang' that identifies him imo. All this strictly talking about football of course.

Then there are those who like his 'charisma' off the pitch. I don't know how it is these days with 'men' but I have a fairly straightforward method when assessing people on a professional basis, either you show me useful information I can use or shut up.

Calm Down Dear. It's only a game.

You're agreeing with him - that's exactly what he was saying.

Ha! - He edited.  ;D  ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:28:45 PM by Shauno »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Believer
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2013, 01:37:10 PM »

I didn't know football managers are setting their team as a learning experience for the people watching.
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2013, 01:55:09 PM »

that's what I said.  :P

Ha! - He edited.  ;D  ;)

wha? were you on the bevvies last night?  :D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:57:49 PM by kennedy81 »

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Kloppite
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2013, 01:58:48 PM »
that's what I said.  :P

wha? were you on the bevvies last night?  :D

Nah mate, I fell asleep with the radiator on... haha... :)
Continually on 11,420.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro.
  • Believer
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2013, 01:59:02 PM »
 Is Mourinho bloated, middle-aged and comfortable or mature and happy?

I think he can do great things if he actually settles and puts his roots down for once.

It will be interesting to see if he uses the smurfs in midfield properly or reverts to type and the more direct, defensive style.
"Nobody knows anything..." William Goldman.

XB1 Gamertag: BrothersYork

Offline The Gigi

• Believer
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2013, 02:12:54 PM »
Van Ginkel as well. Oriol Romeu and Marin out on loan.
Lucas Piazon is also out on loan. Not a bad player also. Seriously they didn't need Willian but they needed a world class striker. I'm still stunned they didn't get Falcao as I was sure they would go for him.

Offline AnotherSpanishfan

• The Human Babelfish
  • Believer
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2013, 02:23:44 PM »
Some of you haven't been following La Liga if you think that Mourinho has mellowed out

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Believer
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2013, 02:25:54 PM »
or Benteke. Similar players, Benteke still only 22  :o

if Benteke plays like this for the whole season, next season he's more than likely off to Chelsea
YNWA