Author Topic: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU  (Read 335847 times)

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU
« Reply #3240 on: November 6, 2017, 08:50:40 pm »

Wonder what Warner Bros will do if this flops critically.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

I would want them to get a director who understands the characters (Nolan, Miller .... fuck it give Mad Mel a shot!). Probably they will do nothing though as it will make a shit tonne of money regardless.

Think they will continue in the Snyderverse until there’s a Batman and Robin level flop.

If it’s shit, people need to vote with their wallets.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2017, 08:53:22 pm by CrasherKid79 »

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #3241 on: November 6, 2017, 09:04:28 pm »
Man of Steel was my first introduction to Superman & I enjoyed it, yet to give it a second viewing though. Went to see BvS at the cinema & while it was definitely a disapointment I enjoyed certain parts, the ultimate edition is a touch better but not enough to save the movie.
Suicude Squad was average, not as bad as some reviews made out but nothing stood out enough that makes me ever want to see it again.
Only managed to watch WW when the blu ray was released, was a good solid superhero film & definitely left me wanting a sequel.

I have hope for Justice League but I've always been the optimistic type, the JL being on screen for the first time together is a huge moment in superhero history & I really hope Synder/Joss & the team have done a good job.

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #3242 on: November 6, 2017, 10:34:34 pm »
I'm looking forward to it! I enjoyed MoS and BvS (Ultimate Edition is much better than the cinematic version). Haven't got round to WW yet but I will in the next few days or so.

SS was poor, but adds little to the DCCU anyway in terms of storylines, so not added. Just don't start me on that version of Joker.  >:(

So bring it on, can't wait!!
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #3243 on: November 7, 2017, 10:05:02 am »
I'm a big DC fan and I even enjoyed BvS (Ultimate Edition), MoS and loved WW but I feel so flat about this film,

I've seen hardly any promo for a film of this stature (this is a JL film for crying out loud), me and my mate brought our Last Jedi tickets a few days back and forgot this was even out, he's a bigger DC fan than me!!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3244 on: November 7, 2017, 10:32:28 am »
Even though the DC movies haven't really hit the mark yet it's still the Justice League on the big screen with a few already established characters in the universe.  So I'm quietly hyped for it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3245 on: November 7, 2017, 11:27:02 am »
Watched Superman 2 with my 4 year old recently. We both loved it.

Man of Steel is boring and trashy, overlong and overserious.

There is room for a compromise between the two as clearly the Richard Donner Superman films look old hat next to Marvel pixellated, ramading dong movies.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3246 on: November 8, 2017, 05:43:58 pm »
Watched Superman 2 with my 4 year old recently. We both loved it.

Man of Steel is boring and trashy, overlong and overserious.

There is room for a compromise between the two as clearly the Richard Donner Superman films look old hat next to Marvel pixellated, ramading dong movies.
It's more of a cultural thing now, lionel. People seem to want serious, dark, gritty, loud explosions and gruff voices in their camp super hero characters. For Batman that's fine; but making a fun, colourful film like the Reeves Superman film just wouldn't go down well with today's audiences. They'd enter the theatre, probably laugh for a bit, then get angry, throw some popcorn at the screen and then demand their money back. Someone pointing to the sky and exclaiming "is it a bird, is it a plane? No. It's Superman!" excitedly just seems like a billion miles apart from what Superman is now. Flying about saving cats from trees, saving damsels in distress, and kids in a school bus that's about to fall over a bridge? Who wants that? Kids today want to see him battling ISIS over in Iraq and Syria, and then flying to North Korea to shove and American flag up Kim Jong-Un's hole. As for the cat, Superman would probably punt it into space and pimp slap an old granny for protesting.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3247 on: November 8, 2017, 10:25:06 pm »
In the last movie he sacrificed himself for humanity and cured Batman of being a total psycho! That's a positive step!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #3248 on: November 10, 2017, 05:28:23 pm »
Justice League reviews not coming till day before film is out. Doesn't look like a good sign that the film will be good.

Hopefully that isn't the case, would hate to see the DCU's main film tank
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3249 on: November 10, 2017, 07:34:53 pm »
Justice League reviews not coming till day before film is out. Doesn't look like a good sign that the film will be good.

Hopefully that isn't the case, would hate to see the DCU's main film tank

It will be like the Defenders series was on Netflix in my opinion. I just wanted to see Jessica Jones and Daredevil yet the others dragged it down. Hope I’m wrong.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3250 on: November 10, 2017, 07:58:32 pm »
People who have seen it on twitter say it's not perfect (plot/villain/CG issues) but the team is a lot of fun and a lot of asskicking happens.

I'll take it.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3251 on: November 10, 2017, 08:04:22 pm »
People who have seen it on twitter say it's not perfect (plot/villain/CG issues) but the team is a lot of fun and a lot of asskicking happens.

I'll take it.

That would be another step in the right direction.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #3252 on: November 13, 2017, 12:00:20 pm »

I'll take it.

Hopefully not the same people who said BvS was great...
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #3253 on: November 13, 2017, 12:02:19 pm »

I'll take it.

Me too. But some people will crap all over it regardless. I dont care though..... I cant wait!
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3254 on: November 13, 2017, 01:09:00 pm »

Eurgh, did anyone in the history of mankind say that?!?!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3255 on: November 13, 2017, 02:22:44 pm »
Eurgh, did anyone in the history of mankind say that?!?!

It's flawed but I really liked it. Same as TDKR.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3256 on: November 13, 2017, 02:45:34 pm »

I only watched the ultimate version but I enjoyed it too. The Martha stuff was daft but then a lot of superhero movies have daft things in them.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3257 on: November 13, 2017, 02:47:05 pm »

Yeah TDKR I thought was good, wasn't sure why that got bad reviews. Bane was excellent
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3258 on: November 13, 2017, 03:38:14 pm »
Yeah TDKR I thought was good, wasn't sure why that got bad reviews. Bane was excellent

You can pick holes in most of that movie (I especially hate long goodbyes while a bomb is counting down) but like you, I just like Bane haha

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3259 on: November 13, 2017, 03:41:05 pm »
It's more of a cultural thing now, lionel. People seem to want serious, dark, gritty, loud explosions and gruff voices in their camp super hero characters. For Batman that's fine; but making a fun, colourful film like the Reeves Superman film just wouldn't go down well with today's audiences. They'd enter the theatre, probably laugh for a bit, then get angry, throw some popcorn at the screen and then demand their money back. Someone pointing to the sky and exclaiming "is it a bird, is it a plane? No. It's Superman!" excitedly just seems like a billion miles apart from what Superman is now. Flying about saving cats from trees, saving damsels in distress, and kids in a school bus that's about to fall over a bridge? Who wants that? Kids today want to see him battling ISIS over in Iraq and Syria, and then flying to North Korea to shove and American flag up Kim Jong-Un's hole. As for the cat, Superman would probably punt it into space and pimp slap an old granny for protesting.

Haha, yes indeed. There is probably a compromise somewhere in the middle. I seem to remember Captain America being quite good fun without too much blood letting or miserabalist shite.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3260 on: November 13, 2017, 03:41:56 pm »

It would be unlikely those people are allowed out in the community, to be fair.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3261 on: November 15, 2017, 05:28:42 pm »
Reviews are out and it seems... mixed.

The more positive ones are saying the characters and their interactions as a group are largely fun, with a lighter tone making it a much more enjoyable watch. They mention that overall its fun, light popcorn entertainment, but its very flawed and rushed.

The negatives vary from saying the fun that is there to be had cant save it from being a noisy mess, to others really focusing in on how disposable it feels, how terrible the villain is and how tonally disjointed it feels (unsurprising given the production).

Rotten tomatoes are going to "announce" the score on some facebook show their doing because of course the online film sphere can always find new ways to be fucking awful, but looking at the reviews I imagine itll end up sitting around 60%, which for DC would be almost a win at this point. From the general consensus, I think this is a film that people will vary a lot on, depending on how far those good aspects go with you.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3262 on: November 15, 2017, 08:36:40 pm »

The more positive ones are saying the characters and their interactions as a group are largely fun, with a lighter tone making it a much more enjoyable watch. They mention that overall its fun, light popcorn entertainment, but its very flawed and rushed.

The negatives vary from saying the fun that is there to be had cant save it from being a noisy mess, to others really focusing in on how disposable it feels, how terrible the villain is and how tonally disjointed it feels (unsurprising given the production).

Rotten tomatoes are going to "announce" the score on some facebook show their doing because of course the online film sphere can always find new ways to be fucking awful, but looking at the reviews I imagine itll end up sitting around 60%, which for DC would be almost a win at this point. From the general consensus, I think this is a film that people will vary a lot on, depending on how far those good aspects go with you.

I almost feel like I'm going to hate it.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #3263 on: November 15, 2017, 10:11:00 pm »
French reviews are terrible.
What do Fernando Hierro, Carles Puyol, Philipp Lahm, Andres Iniesta, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Jordan Henderson share in common?

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3264 on: November 16, 2017, 12:10:06 pm »
Read a good review on The Verge website, it was quite a long read. Basically the film is no surprise:

A mish-mash as it was part made by Zach Schnyder and finished off by Josh Whedon.

Still not watching it.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #3265 on: November 16, 2017, 12:22:38 pm »

Sounds like they are getting closer to the Marvel formula.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3266 on: November 16, 2017, 12:46:59 pm »
I love DC and it annoys me how the films are turning out.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3267 on: November 16, 2017, 04:30:31 pm »
Sounds like they are getting closer to the Marvel formula.

I almost feel like I'm going to hate it.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3268 on: November 16, 2017, 05:28:48 pm »
 Rotten Tomatoes‏Verified account @RottenTomatoes
14s15 seconds ago

#JusticeLeague is currently at 40% on the Tomato meter, with 134 reviews:
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3269 on: November 17, 2017, 03:10:05 am »
Rotten Tomatoes‏Verified account @RottenTomatoes
14s15 seconds ago

#JusticeLeague is currently at 40% on the Tomato meter, with 134 reviews:

Now at an even lower 36%  https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/justice_league_2017/

Gotta hurt.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3270 on: November 17, 2017, 03:33:43 am »
There's something up with these reviews. I just saw it and it's a decent enough movie. I'm sure holes can be picked in it but in no way is it worse than say Age of Ultron.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3271 on: November 17, 2017, 08:18:04 am »
There's something up with these reviews. I just saw it and it's a decent enough movie. I'm sure holes can be picked in it but in no way is it worse than say Age of Ultron.

Not seen it yet but based on the image of
Spoiler
Henry Cavill's face after they CGI-ed his moustache out (YES that is a thing they did!)
[close]
I think I can safely say that it is far worse than Age of Ultron.

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #3272 on: November 17, 2017, 12:34:25 pm »

🙄 Fishing surely?? It’s a total mess, as per really for DC, a million different irons in the fire, no overarching creative control and it shows.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3273 on: November 17, 2017, 01:14:28 pm »
I wouldn't take those review sites too seriously, didn't they have the recent Ghostbusters pretty high (comparatively for what utter shite it was anyway)?

The best comment being 'its not worse than Age of Ultron' doesn't make it sound great through, since that was pretty average at the time and hasn't aged particularly well in the two and a half years since

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3274 on: November 17, 2017, 03:44:06 pm »
I wouldn't take those review sites too seriously, didn't they have the recent Ghostbusters pretty high (comparatively for what utter shite it was anyway)?

The best comment being 'its not worse than Age of Ultron' doesn't make it sound great through, since that was pretty average at the time and hasn't aged particularly well in the two and a half years since

Age of Ultron is 75% on there though, which is roughly double the score of JL. That's my point.

🙄 Fishing surely?? It’s a total mess, as per really for DC, a million different irons in the fire, no overarching creative control and it shows.

You'll have to be more specific.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3275 on: November 17, 2017, 04:20:13 pm »
Age of Ultron is 75% on there though, which is roughly double the score of JL. That's my point.

Think a lot of that will be because people like the characters, even if the movie wasn't all that.  There's a lot of goodwill towards Marvel stuff because there's a whole universe people have grown familiar with - their formula works and people feel comfy watching RDJ do his Iron Man shtick.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3276 on: November 17, 2017, 04:43:32 pm »
Think a lot of that will be because people like the characters, even if the movie wasn't all that.  There's a lot of goodwill towards Marvel stuff because there's a whole universe people have grown familiar with - their formula works and people feel comfy watching RDJ do his Iron Man shtick.

I agree that's probably why, but it basically means reviewers are simple-minded idiots incapable of seeing through how good RDJ, Evans and Hemsworth are and seeing what they're doing. Thor 2 has 66% and that was an outright bad movie.

I'm not going to argue Justice League is a masterpiece, but it is a perfectly fine movie. They heard the criticisms of BVS and adjusted, but they're not going to ever be Disney's Marvel's The Avengers, with their bright colors and cookie cutter movies. It feels like people can't deal with that. They'd be totally fucked if any of the good comic book movies like Blade (1 or 2), Nolan's Batmans, even the original X Men (1 or 2) came out now, because they don't fit the mold either.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3277 on: November 17, 2017, 04:57:39 pm »
I agree that's probably why, but it basically means reviewers are simple-minded idiots incapable of seeing through how good RDJ, Evans and Hemsworth are and seeing what they're doing. Thor 2 has 66% and that was an outright bad movie.

I'm not going to argue Justice League is a masterpiece, but it is a perfectly fine movie. They heard the criticisms of BVS and adjusted, but they're not going to ever be Disney's Marvel's The Avengers, with their bright colors and cookie cutter movies. It feels like people can't deal with that. They'd be totally fucked if any of the good comic book movies like Blade (1 or 2), Nolan's Batmans, even the original X Men (1 or 2) came out now, because they don't fit the mold either.

Both Logan and Deadpool didn’t fit the mold either.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3278 on: November 17, 2017, 05:08:59 pm »
Both Logan and Deadpool didn’t fit the mold either.

Both were genuinely good movies irrespective of genre (in fact they almost don't fit inside the superhero genre), which isn't really my point. I'm saying your average vanilla Marvel movie seems to have a floor of 66% on RT, meaning 2/3 of all reviewers like any Marvel movie no matter how bad. BVS and JL are better than Thor 2 at the very least, and both are horribly reviewed.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3279 on: November 17, 2017, 05:19:21 pm »
Take the overall score with a pinch of salt. All it is are reviews that have either narrowly fallen above or below the average of what is regarded as fresh. The damning thing for JL is that most reviews that gave it a fresh tomato would almost be considered negative to very average at best in most cases. It sounds like a steaming hunk of shit, and it looked it just going off of early trailers.