Author Topic: England win 2017 FIFA World Cup U20  (Read 45531 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: England win 2017 FIFA World Cup U20
« Reply #640 on: June 11, 2017, 01:07:35 pm »
If you know what's going on in Venezuela at the moment, this could have brought the country an unexpected and much needed smile.

could be worse...they could have Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson as an incoming Prime Minister
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #641 on: June 11, 2017, 01:08:26 pm »
North Bank is the only person to describe him as shit, some people are just extremely defensive if a Liverpool fan doesn't describe a player as fantastic. He was average, absolutely nothing wrong with saying it. Doesn't mean he can't go on to have a good career, but I expected more today.

Sorry Gerry it's got nothing to do with that at all. I remember our manager giving an interview on young players and how people are very quick to write them off, on just one performance. Sadly that's been proved on this very thread. Young players rarely are consistent especially when they are playing as often as they do, in a tournament like this. What about people giving the lad a chance before he's even kicked the ball at Liverpool.

Needless to say there will be people on here with a very different opinion on him in the future.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #642 on: June 11, 2017, 01:08:27 pm »
England wins the U20 World Cup.

RAWK complains and moans

:lmao

I truly despair for some of the people who post here.

even the Flagpole Corner Under 20's thread isnt safe from the super fans i see....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #643 on: June 11, 2017, 01:09:16 pm »
Ojo showed some nice glimpses when he came on. England were hanging on a bit towards the end but he showed enough, I wonder if he'll go out on loan next season, I don't think another season with the U-23s is what he needs.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: June 11, 2017, 01:10:26 pm »
Sorry Gerry it's got nothing to do with that at all. I remember our manager giving an interview on young players and how people are very quick to write them off, on just one performance. Sadly that's been proved on this very thread. Young players rarely are consistent especially when they are playing as often as they do, in a tournament like this. What about people giving the lad a chance before he's even kicked the ball at Liverpool.

Needless to say there will be people on here with a very different opinion on him in the future.

Who has written him off? Nobody has said he can't have a good career here, just that he was a bit underwhelming today. I certainly haven't said he doesn't deserve a chance here.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: June 11, 2017, 01:11:55 pm »

Lads scored 4 goals in the tournament. He doesn't need to prove anything as far as I'm concerned. Finals are a funny beast, a certain Messi in the last World Cup Final being anonymous.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: June 11, 2017, 01:11:59 pm »
Why is that Uruguayan lad getting booed?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: June 11, 2017, 01:12:04 pm »
Ojo showed some nice glimpses when he came on. England were hanging on a bit towards the end but he showed enough, I wonder if he'll go out on loan next season, I don't think another season with the U-23s is what he needs.

Would like to keep him here. If we sign a player like Salah for example, then having Ojo available instead of signing another winger would be preferable IMO. Would like to see some younger players breaking through and Ojo (and Ejaria) have a good a chance as any others.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: June 11, 2017, 01:12:25 pm »
Yes Dominic Solanke Goldenball , well done mate!!!
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #649 on: June 11, 2017, 01:12:30 pm »
Congratulations to them, pretty great achievement. Will be interesting to see which ones make it and which go on to become just a footnote. Hope they all get chances to play for their senior sides.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #650 on: June 11, 2017, 01:12:36 pm »
So yeah, that Solanke lad, player of the tournament and all that...

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: June 11, 2017, 01:12:43 pm »
Dominic Solanke has won player of the tournament :champ
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #652 on: June 11, 2017, 01:12:47 pm »
Golden Ball you fuckers

:wellin Solanke lad

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: June 11, 2017, 01:12:59 pm »
Golden Ball for Solanke, any thoughts North Bank & Gerry? ;)

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: June 11, 2017, 01:13:47 pm »

even the Flagpole Corner Under 20's thread isnt safe from the super fans i see....
:lmao

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: June 11, 2017, 01:14:05 pm »
Golden Ball for Solanke, any thoughts North Bank & Gerry? ;)

Happy for him, I didn't see the other games so I'm not going to say he doesn't deserve it.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: June 11, 2017, 01:14:29 pm »

Freddie Woodman is the winner of the Under 20 World Cup golden glove.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #657 on: June 11, 2017, 01:15:17 pm »
Haha well in Solanke  8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: June 11, 2017, 01:15:44 pm »
Would like to keep him here. If we sign a player like Salah for example, then having Ojo available instead of signing another winger would be preferable IMO. Would like to see some younger players breaking through and Ojo (and Ejaria) have a good a chance as any others.

He's not likely to see more than 4 or 5 games though unless we have a massive injury crisis. I think he needs more first team football than that.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: June 11, 2017, 01:16:23 pm »
Past Golden ball winners; Adama Traore, Paul Pogba, Henrique Almeida, Adiyiah, Messi, Aguero, Matar, Saviola, Seydou Keita.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #660 on: June 11, 2017, 01:16:40 pm »

BBC red button stream for the trophy presentation - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/40205178
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
England win 2017 FIFA World Cup U20
« Reply #661 on: June 11, 2017, 01:16:48 pm »

Some of you should try being less fucking miserable.

I know that you have May and the Tories to contend with but really, life  is too short
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 01:21:12 pm by Rush 82 »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: June 11, 2017, 01:17:19 pm »
Past Golden ball winners; Adama Traore, Paul Pogba, Henrique Almeida, Adiyiah, Messi, Aguero, Matar, Saviola, Seydou Keita.

So what you're saying is Dom will be a hybrid Messi-Aguero type?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: June 11, 2017, 01:18:08 pm »

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #664 on: June 11, 2017, 01:19:52 pm »
scenes  8)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #665 on: June 11, 2017, 01:20:02 pm »

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 01:22:37 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: June 11, 2017, 01:20:22 pm »
U20WC | @adidas Golden Ball: 🥇 Dominic SOLANKE 🥈 Federico VALVERDE 🥉 Yangel HERRERA

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: June 11, 2017, 01:20:39 pm »
haha, yes the boys

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #668 on: June 11, 2017, 01:21:21 pm »
Odds the U20 head coach Paul Simpson being the next England head coach?
#Sausages

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #669 on: June 11, 2017, 01:22:49 pm »
Congrats England.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: June 11, 2017, 01:23:00 pm »
No doubt Southgate will be rubbing his grubby little hands at the prospect of getting them playing in the style he likes.

Depressing thought.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: June 11, 2017, 01:23:47 pm »
Well done to England great to see this team win a competition of this importance. Paul Simpson has done an excellent job with them and deserves credit for that. It would be nice to think that youth football at club level too, will be valued a bit more than was it presently is.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: June 11, 2017, 01:24:18 pm »
No doubt Southgate will be rubbing his grubby little hands at the prospect of getting them playing in the style he likes.

Depressing thought.

I would just enjoy the win and not worry about that.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: June 11, 2017, 01:24:34 pm »

Depressing thought.
It's alright Aidy Boothroyd gets to put them through their paces first.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #674 on: June 11, 2017, 01:25:02 pm »

;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: June 11, 2017, 01:25:19 pm »
Well done to England great to see this team win a competition of this importance. Paul Simpson has done an excellent job with them and deserves credit for that. It would be nice to think that youth football at club level too, will be valued a bit more than was it presently is.

Simpson has done well, they played without fear today and that is probably because he's given them a lot of freedom. No pre-historic tactics of sitting behind the ball and soaking up pressure. Would say he deserves the senior job more than Southgate.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: June 11, 2017, 01:26:05 pm »
Congratulations to the young kids. And congratulations to Dom Solanke for winning the golden boot.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: June 11, 2017, 01:26:05 pm »
Odds the U20 head coach Paul Simpson being the next England head coach?

I would keep him in here for a bit longer, he's done a really good job so I'd like to see how much further he could take them.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: June 11, 2017, 01:27:00 pm »

Don't be silly .... I'm English, can't enjoy anything !  ;)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: June 11, 2017, 01:27:07 pm »
Simpson has done well, they played without fear today and that is probably because he's given them a lot of freedom. No pre-historic tactics of sitting behind the ball and soaking up pressure. Would say he deserves the senior job more than Southgate.

I totally agree if you consider how England played yesterday it fills me with dread to see what Southgate would do with some of them.