Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3578779 times)

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #11240 on: January 19, 2019, 07:54:02 pm »
The club tweeted a picture of Peter Moore handing over a framed shirt to Bob Paisley's son (?), in light of it being what would’ve been Bob's 100th birthday. The shirt had '100' and 'Paisley' written on the back. But it was the grey third shirt - does this mean even the club itself can't get hold of the home kit?

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #11241 on: January 19, 2019, 09:28:40 pm »
Will agree with this.  Was way too slow on getting the Purple kit, now its seemingly is gone forever.  /cry

I have to ask though, where are you looking?Any sports shop I go to I see all three kits,every time. The grey sometimes not as often to be fair.
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #11242 on: January 19, 2019, 09:44:46 pm »
https://cleanclothes.org/news/2018/06/11/adidas-and-nike-pay-record-breaking-amounts-to-footballers-but-deny-decent-wages-to-women-stitching-their-shirts

I’d like the club to lead the way in producing ethical sustainable merchandise that didn’t rip off its supporters
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11243 on: January 19, 2019, 10:07:56 pm »
i wish NB would stay, some of the best kits in history of the club were made by them imo... last year that kit should have been our CL winning kit...imo the best kit we ever had.

as for Addidas, not a huge fan... i prefer kits with no stripes and slick design rather than having stripes everywhere... my favourite was 2008 kit.. other than that.. not impressed...

NB kits impress me a lot more.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11244 on: January 20, 2019, 09:54:25 pm »
I have to ask though, where are you looking?Any sports shop I go to I see all three kits,every time. The grey sometimes not as often to be fair.
The club shop in L1 last Friday only had kids sizes in the purple away shirt and three oversized adults tops. The home shirt didn't look to have that many left in adult sizes. The only top that seemed to be well stocked in adult sizes was the least popular of the three, the grey one.

I usually pass through Sports Direct every week too, and all I saw in the big one in L1 the other day was one or two home tops. No idea of the sizes as they were folded and hung up.

My philosophy with LFC merch these days is, if you like it, buy it when you see it. I've missed out on a few things in the past, so if I see it now, I grab it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 09:59:12 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11245 on: January 21, 2019, 02:36:57 pm »
I know the deal with NB is until 2020 as far as we know.

But is it possible that the lack of product available currently might imply the deal is finishing this summer of 2019?

Could it be that the final year was contingent on some performance indicator that has not been met (or has been exceeded) and the deal is now finishing?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #11246 on: January 21, 2019, 02:38:50 pm »
I know the deal with NB is until 2020 as far as we know.

But is it possible that the lack of product available currently might imply the deal is finishing this summer of 2019?

Could it be that the final year was contingent on some performance indicator that has not been met (or has been exceeded) and the deal is now finishing?
no i dont think its a new thing

as i said earlier there was a training shirt i liked last year and it was gone in september until about november and didnt last long after it

i heard of stuff like this happening even as far back as our time with reebok
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #11247 on: January 21, 2019, 02:45:19 pm »
i wish NB would stay, some of the best kits in history of the club were made by them imo... last year that kit should have been our CL winning kit...imo the best kit we ever had.

as for Addidas, not a huge fan... i prefer kits with no stripes and slick design rather than having stripes everywhere... my favourite was 2008 kit.. other than that.. not impressed...

NB kits impress me a lot more.
Same. Purely on aesthetics, I'm very happy with New Balance. I'm not somebody who actually buys the kit though - last one I had was 2010/11 I think (awful kit too).

I don't like Adidas and Nike because: 1. ugly, identikit shirts; 2. sweatshops; 3. they seem to get involved in the business side of the club (e.g. Pogba & Coutinho transfers, plus there was something about United not being allowed to miss Champions League two years in a row)

Genuinely no idea why NB don't produce more to meet demand though. Past two years it's been impossible for people to get hold of the shirts a few weeks into the season. Seems like it would be easy money for them, and would make the amount they pay us have better ROI.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #11248 on: January 21, 2019, 03:10:40 pm »
NB doesn't tell the club how many to order.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #11249 on: January 21, 2019, 03:25:34 pm »
Do Real or Man Utd regularly run out of shirts to sell mid-season?

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #11250 on: January 21, 2019, 05:39:07 pm »
Why?

Makes no difference which Brand label we have--NB--Nike--Adidas.

When anything gets added to the product line, it is run as a one time production run based on the order given.

You don't go back to the supplier and ask for more. First, they don't have production time to just pop in a new run of something. Second, there's lead time on the fabric. Third, then shipping time by ocean container for delivery ( the club aren't going to pay express air freight for stock )

For quality control the fabric is done at one time. This saves the slight differences in Red in our kit shirt for example. As some have commented the red in last seasons kit is slightly different than the Red in this seasons. Close but not the same.

As a club the last thing "we" want is major amounts of left over stock that needs to be deeply discounted to get rid.

Everyone knows we change Home, Away, and 3rd strip every season. No sense having loads left over come April-May when the new kits are being brought out.

The simple advice is, if you see something you want don't wait a long time to get it. The club aren't oblidged to keep stock all season long.

Our kit has been selling out early year after year now, that cant be right? If, and that is a big if, we win holy grail this season, massive amounts of fans are going to want to buy the 18/19 jersey. Maybe they will make more, I dont know but I think this is very strange for a club of our size.

I love New Balance though, quality stuff they are making. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 05:40:44 pm by LFCEmpire »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #11251 on: January 21, 2019, 05:56:42 pm »
Our kit has been selling out early year after year now, that cant be right? If, and that is a big if, we win holy grail this season, massive amounts of fans are going to want to buy the 18/19 jersey. Maybe they will make more, I dont know but I think this is very strange for a club of our size.

I love New Balance though, quality stuff they are making. 

Next years with the champions badge...

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #11252 on: January 21, 2019, 06:01:56 pm »
My experience with buying the official kit as a guy who doesn't live anywhere near England:

Availability is awful. I don't know if it's because it's sold out as soon as it arrives or because they have very little stock or whatever, but most of the times I struggle to find a LFC kit in any sport store. That doesn't happen with the Adidas/Nike kits at all, or even the Puma ones - I'm sick of watching Manc/Juve/Inter/PSG (fucking PSG!) shirts sold all over the place yet not a single LFC one.

Hell, even the *official* NB store doesn't sell the kit (or any LFC related merchandise, for that matter) at all. So you're pretty much forced to look for smaller, "enthusiast" football stores that sell kits from various teams and... maybe if you're lucky you'll find it, or search online for replicas, hoping you'll get one that looks just like the official one. Luck of the draw, really.

And that's me living in Santiago, Chile. God forbid if I lived in a different part of the country, with even less sport stores or no "enthusiast" indie shops.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11253 on: January 21, 2019, 06:06:02 pm »
I agree with the kits, not having them in stock and available is definitely an issue since it's the main thing people go into the store to buy. But in regards to the other gear, having worked in retail for far too long sometimes you just don't have things in stock because there's little demand. Someone mentioned about a staff member telling a potential customer something wasn't in stock, but we don't know the sales history of it. Maybe we didn't sell enough to justify reordering the item, often there's order limits you have to hit (say a minimum of 50 of an item in a particular size) before you can try to get it back in. If you only sell 10 of them, you've wasted money on 40 items you either aren't going to sell or will have to heavily discount to sell. I get the frustration as a customer since I've been on the other side of it but at the end of the day the store is a business and holding stock you might not sell through is a waste of money and shop floor space

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11254 on: January 21, 2019, 07:01:32 pm »
My experience with buying the official kit as a guy who doesn't live anywhere near England:

Availability is awful. I don't know if it's because it's sold out as soon as it arrives or because they have very little stock or whatever, but most of the times I struggle to find a LFC kit in any sport store. That doesn't happen with the Adidas/Nike kits at all, or even the Puma ones - I'm sick of watching Manc/Juve/Inter/PSG (fucking PSG!) shirts sold all over the place yet not a single LFC one.

Hell, even the *official* NB store doesn't sell the kit (or any LFC related merchandise, for that matter) at all. So you're pretty much forced to look for smaller, "enthusiast" football stores that sell kits from various teams and... maybe if you're lucky you'll find it, or search online for replicas, hoping you'll get one that looks just like the official one. Luck of the draw, really.

And that's me living in Santiago, Chile. God forbid if I lived in a different part of the country, with even less sport stores or no "enthusiast" indie shops.
A few years ago I was in Playa Del Carmen in Mexico. You could walk into sports shops there and pick up a genuine shirt from all the usual suspects. Barcelona, R. Madrid, Juventus, United etc. Even a fucking Man City shirt, for goodness sake. Yet, absolutely nothing from us at all. For a club of our size and reach I find this utterly ridiculous. I spotted plenty of Mexicans wearing old LFC tops, but not the newer stuff.

To be honest, I hated much of the stuff Adidas did for us, and I loathe the Nike brand, but I'm sure both would do a far better job at getting our kits out there and I doubt they'd let them run out of stock, never to be seen again, with half of the season still to go.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Mo2000

• Main Stander
  • This is Anfield
« Reply #11255 on: January 22, 2019, 03:07:41 pm »
Peter Moore comments regarding new kit deal in this article.

https://www.arabianbusiness.com/sport/411651-liverpool-fc-game-changers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” - BOB PAISLEY

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11256 on: January 22, 2019, 03:13:35 pm »
Peter Moore comments regarding new kit deal in this article.

https://www.arabianbusiness.com/sport/411651-liverpool-fc-game-changers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

According to Moore, Liverpool will be “entertaining offers” from kit suppliers after its current relationship with American company New Balance ends at the 2019/2020 season, a deal that is reportedly worth $57.8m each year. The expected value of the new partnership is expected to be aligned with other top UK clubs at around $96.3m.

“It’s an important part of our overall commercial make-up, not only for the revenue it brings, but live-and-die soccer fans [care] about their kit manufacturer and designs as part of how they show themselves as fans,” he says. “We think we are uniquely placed right now to build upon what we already have with New Balance… we think it’s a great opportunity to build on our global distribution.”

theres the quote there. at the bottom of a long article

and i agree with all the others who say the shortfall of supply and demand is poor with kits in recent years

ridiculous that just over half way through the season 2 of the 3 jersies are unavailable

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11257 on: January 22, 2019, 04:57:10 pm »
Doing some backtracking.

Season ending last home match May 12th. Usually the players wear next seasons Home kit.

So the kits need to be in the shops by May 1st if not earlier.

The club usually has a presale 30 days before official release date in the shops. Which means roughly April. Maybe earlier.

For the manufacturer to meet demand and have the product to Liverpool for sale, they make the product 6-8 weeks in advance for shipping lead times.

Therefore we are closing in rapidly on when the new Home kit for next season will be produced if it's not already done.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 04:58:47 pm by 4pool »

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11258 on: January 22, 2019, 05:02:17 pm »
Doing some backtracking.
That's all well and good.

What if we win something important this year? Does anyone foresee that there might be a tiny bit of demand for the current kit?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #11259 on: January 22, 2019, 05:18:28 pm »

What if we win something important this year? Does anyone foresee that there might be a tiny bit of demand for the current kit?

They'll release a limited edition one next season for 90 pounds.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11260 on: January 22, 2019, 05:42:34 pm »

Then buy yours early. Don't wait months... :P

All kiding aside, the club and NB have the figures for all the seasons NB has been our kit supplier. I'd suggest they've looked at those numbers and increased them for this upcoming season.

However, the club don't want to be stuck with 25,000 kits to sell at 50% or greater discount. So the club will have  a margin of error in their figures for production.

As we seem to have cottoned on, they won't be restocking items. Make your purchases accordingly.

And for the record, I bumped into this problem as well. I had to scramble around looking at various sites to purchase that Grey/Black YNWA hat Jurgen wore early in the season. I was going to buy it when i came over. I decided to check and couldn't find it in the club shop website. Nor NB website. Nor a couple other "soccer" websites. Did finally find it with a shop i've never heard of and bought it. So i've learned my lesson as well... :wave

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #11261 on: January 24, 2019, 03:35:18 pm »
"According to Moore, Liverpool will be “entertaining offers” from kit suppliers after its current relationship with American company New Balance ends at the 2019/2020 season, a deal that is reportedly worth $57.8m each year. The expected value of the new partnership is expected to be aligned with other top UK clubs at around $96.3m."

As other deals a 2, 3 years old now, I expect us to eclipse the $96.3 stated, as that's how these things go. At least I would hope we'd be getting more than Manchester Untied got what will be five years before come 2020.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11262 on: January 25, 2019, 07:31:51 pm »
Do Real or Man Utd regularly run out of shirts to sell mid-season?
In town at the moment so had a look in the club shop at L1 and also Sports Direct. No LFC tops at all in SD. In the club shop you can still get the grey one (no surprise as it's not that nice or popular) and the goalkeeper tops in yellow and green, but no purple tops in adult sizes at all. The home shirt is on offer only if you had far too much Christmas pudding over the festive period and are now a 2XL.

Half of the season still to go.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11264 on: January 26, 2019, 01:09:12 pm »
In town at the moment so had a look in the club shop at L1 and also Sports Direct. No LFC tops at all in SD. In the club shop you can still get the grey one (no surprise as it's not that nice or popular) and the goalkeeper tops in yellow and green, but no purple tops in adult sizes at all. The home shirt is on offer only if you had far too much Christmas pudding over the festive period and are now a 2XL.

Half of the season still to go.

It's ridiculous, how much sales are we losing out on, because we don't have the kit in stock?

Had a look at both Manc club stores[yes i know  :-[ ]both had all the range in & they show how many of the sizes are in stock, plus City's kit has had the price reduced.
#Sausages

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #11265 on: January 26, 2019, 01:15:11 pm »
It's ridiculous, how much sales are we losing out on, because we don't have the kit in stock?

Had a look at both Manc club stores[yes i know  :-[ ]both had all the range in & they show how many of the sizes are in stock, plus City's kit has had the price reduced.

Think that's just more a reflection of City's popularity  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11266 on: January 26, 2019, 01:28:01 pm »
If I recall correctly, we have a different agreement with NB then other clubs have with their suppliers.  We control all of our own stores and get a higher percentage of the merchandise that we sell then we would if we were with Adidas or Nike.  I'm guessing here but I wouldn't be surprised if, within that agreement, we are responsible for purchasing and managing that inventory.  That is a huge cost and you don't want to be sitting on large supplies of inventory as it's lost revenue.  There is a chance that other club's over stock inventory because they don't have the financial incentives that we do. 

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11267 on: January 26, 2019, 04:25:34 pm »

It does seem ridiculous to us, the potential purchaser, doesn't it.

I do get the possible reasoning behind it, of course. Suareznumber7 has highlighted once more a reason which has been mentioned on this topic numerous times. Despite that, it does still seem crazy that the one place you would expect to be able to pick up the full range of LFC kits - the club's own store - you can't actually do so. I imagine many foreign fans coming over for games would also actually prefer to buy at the official stores, despite the higher cost than at, for instance, Sports Direct simply because it's our genuine club outlet, yet they can't do so. It looks like in trying to save itself money, the club is costing itself many, many sales.

I know it's not my money, so my talk is cheap, but if I were a rich club like Liverpool I'd rather order in too many than too few. If it turned out that we were left with stock on our hands I'd be doing stuff like donating it to local charities to sell and also sending it out to poor communities or kids football teams in places like Africa etc. All great PR for the club and a good way of helping out underprivileged people out there in some way.

But anyway, it does seem that we run out of kit far too early these days. I've learned to buy early if I like something I see in the club shop now, but the reality is that even if the tops sell out in the first three weeks or the first three months of the season, many, many fans will still miss out, and the club will still miss out on so many potential sales and revenue.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 04:27:50 pm by Son of Spion »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11268 on: January 26, 2019, 05:37:32 pm »
NB have at least five years worth of sales data, there is no reason we should be running out this early.  Simple as that.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11269 on: January 26, 2019, 05:37:58 pm »
https://www.sportsdirect.com/new-balance-liverpool-home-shirt-2018-2019-377052?colcode=37705208&li_source=LI&li_medium=RelatedItems&li_tr=RelatedItems XL 30 quid. Fat mike's site

I’d check that sproradically, anyone that wants one.

I had a look every day for a week and a large came up for £30 :)

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #11270 on: January 26, 2019, 08:45:58 pm »
At the minute if you go to SD website and go to the Liverpool kit section you get an error 404 message!
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11271 on: January 26, 2019, 09:08:56 pm »
Fat mike using them as napkins

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11272 on: January 26, 2019, 09:15:25 pm »
NB have at least five years worth of sales data, there is no reason we should be running out this early.  Simple as that.
last years home was the best selling one by some distance, the first few years (am including warrior in this) I’m pretty sure none of them sold that well so that will be pulling down their forecasting model

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11273 on: January 27, 2019, 12:20:51 am »
last years home was the best selling one by some distance, the first few years (am including warrior in this) I’m pretty sure none of them sold that well so that will be pulling down their forecasting model

But to be so thoroughly out of stock this early? It’s poor planning. What’s the point of us maintaining ownership of the shops if the biggest sellers aren’t there to be bought?

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11274 on: January 27, 2019, 01:38:46 am »
Really wanted the Away jersey for my bday.  Ended up with the Grey, oh well....

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11275 on: January 27, 2019, 09:47:11 am »
But to be so thoroughly out of stock this early? It’s poor planning. What’s the point of us maintaining ownership of the shops if the biggest sellers aren’t there to be bought?

Because we make much more from selling all the other gear than we do the shirts.

Not saying the club is deliberately under ordering the shirts so customers buy this other gear but...

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11276 on: January 27, 2019, 10:04:39 am »
It does seem ridiculous to us, the potential purchaser, doesn't it.

I do get the possible reasoning behind it, of course. Suareznumber7 has highlighted once more a reason which has been mentioned on this topic numerous times. Despite that, it does still seem crazy that the one place you would expect to be able to pick up the full range of LFC kits - the club's own store - you can't actually do so. I imagine many foreign fans coming over for games would also actually prefer to buy at the official stores, despite the higher cost than at, for instance, Sports Direct simply because it's our genuine club outlet, yet they can't do so. It looks like in trying to save itself money, the club is costing itself many, many sales.

I know it's not my money, so my talk is cheap, but if I were a rich club like Liverpool I'd rather order in too many than too few. If it turned out that we were left with stock on our hands I'd be doing stuff like donating it to local charities to sell and also sending it out to poor communities or kids football teams in places like Africa etc. All great PR for the club and a good way of helping out underprivileged people out there in some way.

But anyway, it does seem that we run out of kit far too early these days. I've learned to buy early if I like something I see in the club shop now, but the reality is that even if the tops sell out in the first three weeks or the first three months of the season, many, many fans will still miss out, and the club will still miss out on so many potential sales and revenue.

If we do win the league, next season's kits are going to be even more popular than ever with those wanting the gold pL patches on & maybe Champions 19 on the shirts, but come September it'll be the same story club store running out of shirts & not getting shirts in stock.

It is ridiculous for a club the size of ours you can't get shirts from the club store, i didn't see the same issues when Adidas made our kits, although i did have similar problems getting hold of the Reebok 2004/05 Yellow/Black away shirt & that was August after the away kit had been released.
#Sausages

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11277 on: January 27, 2019, 10:09:28 am »
Just how many tops are bought at this time of year, as the season is half way through?
Surely the majority of sales will be when the top comes out.

The top is only out for a season, you buy it at the start to get the most wear out of it.

It's been out for the past 8 months.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11278 on: January 27, 2019, 10:16:18 am »
If we do win the league, next season's kits are going to be even more popular than ever with those wanting the gold pL patches on & maybe Champions 19 on the shirts, but come September it'll be the same story club store running out of shirts & not getting shirts in stock.

It is ridiculous for a club the size of ours you can't get shirts from the club store, i didn't see the same issues when Adidas made our kits, although i did have similar problems getting hold of the Reebok 2004/05 Yellow/Black away shirt & that was August after the away kit had been released.

It’s entirely possible due to the season we’re having, with all the glory supporters jumping on the shirt wearing bandwagon later into a successful season, that this could have been a problem no matter who made the kits.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11279 on: January 27, 2019, 02:16:04 pm »
It’s entirely possible due to the season we’re having, with all the glory supporters jumping on the shirt wearing bandwagon later into a successful season, that this could have been a problem no matter who made the kits.

It’s been about 3 seasons though. Especially after last season, I’d have assumed NB would have been wiser in producing them.

They sell a ridiculous amount of Salah shirts from what I understand.
YNWA.