Author Topic: Liverpool FC vs Everton. The Preview. Sun 5th May 1.30 pm (Home)  (Read 32509 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Re: Liverpool FC vs Everton. The Preview. Sun 5th May 1.30 pm (Home)
« Reply #40 on: May 4, 2013, 04:04:10 am »
One thing's for sure, I'll be shitting it everytime they get a corner.

Gerrard has to play, otherwise with both Suarez and Gerrard out I don't really see us getting a result.

Offline Dentron

• Eastenders Sci-Fi Spinoff
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: May 4, 2013, 05:38:44 am »
Gerrard has to play, otherwise with both Suarez and Gerrard out I don't really see us getting a result.

We played our most cohesive team game of the season last match...

Without Suarez...

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #42 on: May 4, 2013, 05:56:14 am »
We played our most cohesive team game of the season last match...

Without Suarez...

Like I said, with BOTH Gerrard and Suarez out I don't see us getting a result.  :)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #43 on: May 4, 2013, 07:21:10 am »
Going to be a tough game and if he plays I have a feeling that Coutinho will be black and blue by the end of it.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #44 on: May 4, 2013, 07:37:55 am »
Good stuff Harinder

The bloke holding the Elephants trunk - so to speak.  He is just very wrong as it is.  Now I've seen him with the Blueshite's mascot my hatred is complete.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #45 on: May 4, 2013, 07:45:16 am »
Me too, heard a while ago his shoulder is as bad as Allen's was.

If that's true, might as well whip him into surgery now.

What do we do in training?  Behind neck press, upright rowing and side raises?

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #46 on: May 4, 2013, 08:19:41 am »
Well I for one am absolutely bricking it already.

Since it was clear we weren't gonna get close to the top four this season I sort of lost motivation and really only watched every game because I always watch every game, but the losses didn't hurt quite as much and I didn't celebrate the wins for quite as much. So I'm glad it's the derby. Because none of that matters when it's the derby.

I no longer live in Liverpool so I don't have to face the work mates on monday morning (or well, I do, but they support Real Madrid/Barca/Bayern/Dortmund depending on who wins, fucking swedes) but the derby is still something special. I tried to sort things out so I could be there but I've got a deadline coming up this wednesday and I'll have to work all weekend, which is a shame but I'll watch it in the pub.

I can see Carra having the game of his life and it'll be needed. Hopefully Johnson finds his old form as well and now it's really time for Coutinho to prove that he can handle the physical aspects of the premier league.

I think we'll go a goal down but end up winning 3-1, Sturridge scoring at least one. If Carraghers scores I'll run naked through Stockholm singing god save the carraghers.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #47 on: May 4, 2013, 08:30:35 am »
Well I for one am absolutely bricking it already.

Since it was clear we weren't gonna get close to the top four this season I sort of lost motivation and really only watched every game because I always watch every game, but the losses didn't hurt quite as much and I didn't celebrate the wins for quite as much. So I'm glad it's the derby. Because none of that matters when it's the derby.

I no longer live in Liverpool so I don't have to face the work mates on monday morning (or well, I do, but they support Real Madrid/Barca/Bayern/Dortmund depending on who wins, fucking swedes) but the derby is still something special. I tried to sort things out so I could be there but I've got a deadline coming up this wednesday and I'll have to work all weekend, which is a shame but I'll watch it in the pub.

I can see Carra having the game of his life and it'll be needed. Hopefully Johnson finds his old form as well and now it's really time for Coutinho to prove that he can handle the physical aspects of the premier league.

I think we'll go a goal down but end up winning 3-1, Sturridge scoring at least one. If Carraghers scores I'll run naked through Stockholm singing god save the carraghers.

Fucking hell I hope it happens, not only the perfect retirement for carra but hilarious outcome as well :D
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline DG

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #48 on: May 4, 2013, 08:31:39 am »
Fucking hell I hope it happens, not only the perfect retirement for carra but hilarious outcome as well :D

I'll have someone film it and upload it on RAWK. Censored of course, for the children.

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #49 on: May 4, 2013, 08:43:37 am »
Let's fuckin make it a derby to remember for Carra.

I see flying tackles, couple if sending offs a Coutinho wonder strike and a 2-0 win to the redmen

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 4, 2013, 08:57:29 am »
Let's fuckin make it a derby to remember for Carra.

I see flying tackles, couple if sending offs a Coutinho wonder strike and a 2-0 win to the redmen

We've not won a game 2-0 this season, home or away.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 4, 2013, 09:11:27 am »
So, tomorrow would be a good time to start.

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: May 4, 2013, 09:21:11 am »
It always starts from today, the day before the derby is when the excitement and the nerves always seem to kick in. It really is like no other game in the premier league for me as with United I detest them so much that I spend the weekend grinding my teeth and hoping we trounce them.

When it comes to Liverpool vs Everton I just want to see a good game between the team I love and the team that I dislike in a jovial way. I, personally, have nothing against the bitters. I like moyes and I like the fans who always seem to be pretty sound in my experience.

Still, enough romanticism, lets have them this weekend. It has to be and unchanged team for me, Looking forward to seeing Coutiniho and Sturridge playing together again this weekend and of course I'll be begging for a victory for Jamie Carragher. In an ideal world we'll be 2-0 up and get a kop end penalty so he can come up and crash it in.

Writing this has only whetted my appetite for tomorrow more!! COME ON YOU REDS!!!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 4, 2013, 09:24:26 am »
Cracking read and pictures H, and I don't just mean that as them being easy on the eye for us idiots that need a break in the text  ;D  when reading.

This game evokes so many good memories and fortunately not many 'what if's' of 'if onlys'.

Seriously good stuff and one of my fav yet  :thumbup

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
  • Phil M's biggest female fan
« Reply #54 on: May 4, 2013, 09:28:24 am »

Then let's make it a 3-0 like last season  ;D Wouldn't mind a Stevie G-hattrick either, or a Carragher goal  ;D ;D

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 4, 2013, 09:32:41 am »
A Liverbird upon my chest
We are the men of Shankly's best
A team that plays the Liverpool way
And wins the Championship in May

Would love to hear us get that song out against Everton, rub their faces in a few of their past derby humiliations...

Now if you go down Goodison Way
Hard luck stories you hear each day
There's not a trophy to be seen
'Cos Liverpool have swept them clean

Now on the glorious 10th of May
There's laughing reds on Wembley Way
We're full of smiles and joy and glee
It's Everton 1 and Liverpool 3

Now on the 20th of May
We're laughing still on Wembley Way
Those Evertonians are feeling blue
It's Liverpool 3 and Everton 2

And as we sang round Goodison Park
With crying blues all in a nark
They're probably crying still at
Liverpool 5 and Everton nil.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 4, 2013, 09:39:11 am »
Going to the game. First time sitting on the Kop. First derby. Gonna be fucking huge.

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #57 on: May 4, 2013, 09:43:47 am »

All right, I think we'll end up winning by a 2 goal margin either way

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
« Reply #58 on: May 4, 2013, 10:10:04 am »
Well big game, always nice to win, coutinho would be absolutely key, sturridge will be key, good thing is we have just beat newcastle 6-0 without suarez so confidence should be high

Lets do this

Offline tomrob1989

• Main Stander
« Reply #59 on: May 4, 2013, 10:26:32 am »
Can't see anything other than a comforable win!
THE WORD NEEDS SPREADING:
HE'S A HORRIBLE MAN, AND THE MEDIA MUST REALISE
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alan-Pardew-is-a-Twat/538082336210344

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 4, 2013, 10:30:43 am »
a day before the derby game at anfield and two pages of game thread? fucking hell.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 4, 2013, 10:49:44 am »
Like I said, with BOTH Gerrard and Suarez out I don't see us getting a result.  :)

I remember when the same was said about Torres and Gerrard being out at the same time 4-5 seasons ago.. we coped just fine.. If last week is anything to go by then we'll twat the BS..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Rory Fitzgerald

• Anny Roader
  • The Greatest player to wear No.25 for Liverpool
    • The Inside Right
« Reply #62 on: May 4, 2013, 10:50:11 am »

From Pat Nevin if you are interested: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21838331

Something to look out for tomorrow perhaps. Looks like its something for Gerrard/Lucas to track and help Carra.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 4, 2013, 11:09:39 am »

From Pat Nevin if you are interested: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21838331

Something to look out for tomorrow perhaps. Looks like its something for Gerrard/Lucas to track and help Carra.
Yeah, that left hand side combination for them is their main attacking threat, especially the 'underlap' as you said. It's clever in the fact that it opens up the channel and the right winger has to go with Baines or the centre back goes across or a midfielder or a couple of these options. Anyway you use, you're losing your shape. That's why it's important that your lateral movements are quick and you can get numerical superiority on that side so you can delay.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Xabi_14_Alonso

• Main Stander
« Reply #64 on: May 4, 2013, 11:11:28 am »
After reading the story about Borini playing and scoring in the Rome derby, I think he should start the game. The nature of it may suit his playing personality.

(Suarez is the reason i said 'playing personality' instead of personality).
« Last Edit: May 4, 2013, 11:13:03 am by Xabi_14_Alonso »

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #65 on: May 4, 2013, 12:11:38 pm »

Sorted.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #66 on: May 4, 2013, 12:32:16 pm »
A Suarez diving celebration would be brilliant  :D
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #67 on: May 4, 2013, 12:35:58 pm »
A Suarez diving celebration would be brilliant  :D

Yeah of course, crowd surfed all around the main stand..
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline PattoLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #69 on: May 4, 2013, 01:31:26 pm »
I have taken a look at Everton to see what we can expect. Here is the average position of their players in their last 3 away games.

Its clear that Baines is a big outlet for them and allows for Pienaar to come inside. On the right, if Mirallas plays, he tucks inside whereas if its Naismith, he tends to hold his position on the right.

There are more infographics and stats in my blog here:
http://roryfitz9.webnode.com/news/liverpool-vs-everton/

Everton attack down their left 43% of the time this season. This is the highest % for any wing of any team. Stoke are 2nd with 42% down their right.

In the blog I also looked at the positioning of Downing and Henderson in our recent game against Newcastle given that Coutinho was the player in the 10 role behind Sturridge.

The following graphic is from the recent Newcastle game. There are few things that will be of interest;

1. Henderson's heat map shows a player that didn't stretch the play, rather, he fulfilled roles across midfield partly to help press the play when off the ball but also partly due to Sissoko coming infield from that side. If Mirallas does play down their left/our right, Henderson could compress space by tucking in but there would have to be due consideration from him and Enrique when Coleman comes forward.

2. Downing's heat map is not that remarkable but I have put it up as a good contrast to show the activity from his side on the right wing and that of Henderson who was supposedly on the left 'wing'. Again, with Downing more likely to naturally stay wide, this could be beneficial off the ball with Baines coming forward.

Read more: http://roryfitz9.webnode.com/news/liverpool-vs-everton/

Cheers for those stats, I think they highlight mostly what you'd expect to see from both sides. Baines is obviously a very good player and see's a lot of the ball for Everton. Mirallas is very comfortable with possession in tight areas, and when Baines gets a yard to cross a ball he does it with great effect, particularly if he's hitting it first time, he's no slouch either. Glen Johnson is going to have to be on his game and will need some legs in front of him to try and deny Baines any room to express himself whilst he's tied up with Mirallas who is trying to get on the inside of him. Henderson would be my choice to start from the right and make sure he's constantly in Baines face as well as providing us balance and mobility from there. He'll also tuck in and get into the box when we are on the front foot and it may well be that Baines finds it difficult to track Jordan with Johnson getting down the outside of him. As highly as I rate him, Glen is a concern at right back in terms of his form with the strength the bitters have down that flank and that they can deliver dangerous balls when given to much room, something Glen has been guilty of conceding in crossing areas. I'd also like to see Glen concentrate on getting on the outside and giving us width more often, as he has had a tendency to amble inside onto his left peg recently and not only slow the play down, but give the ball away.  Having a natural central midfielder in front of him may force him wider whilst giving him solid protection. It's not normally such a concern for me, but given how good Everton are down the left, I'd say whether Johnson or Wisdom start, Henderon should play from the right.

A majority of our side more or less picks itself. Pepe in nets of course, no doubt Carragher and Agger will man the back line and Enrigue will bully his way to the left back spot. Ahead of them will be Lucas lynch-pinning the midfield, and setting the tempo, with Gerrard being the eyes and directing play just ahead of him. Up top Sturridge which leaves Countinho at #10 and Downing or Borini from the left. It's a tough one for me, because Downing has been in excellent from and really clocking up the miles and the ambition, but I always feel a little awkward when he plays ahead of Enrique. Both being left footed and wanting to get on the outside, neither are massively technically gifted or aware of other players on the ball. With a different type of full back and forward ahead of him, Downing can be effective from the left, but here I feel he is much better on the right. I'd be tempted to pluck for Borini. He needs games, and for me will suit Enrique better with good movement (particularly inside) allowing him to offload the ball quickly and get running off it again. I feel he and Downing get on each others toes a little out there. Borini is desperate to prove himself, full of running, provides good movement and needs to get up to speed. If things aren't working out, he or Henderson can always make way and Downing can play from the right, and I'm sure he'll make way at the hour mark anyway - let him build from his last goal.

As for Coutinho, I feel he could be effective from the attacking midfield position he occupied much of the Newcastle game. Everton aren't the best at dealing with slight, quick footed players who can get about them, Jagielka, Heitinga, Distin, Hibbert Gibson etc etc are not the most mobile defenders in the league and with short sharp passing, good movement and ball skills they can very much be 'got at' through the middle of the park. Phillipe, I feel anyway, is ultimately our long term option there and we may as well give him games in that role before another attacking player arrives in the summer. He was superb last week at The Sports Direct Area ;D (still makes me laugh) and it is a weakness he is the perfect tool to use in order to exploit. His running ahead of Lucas and Gerrard is not quite at the level of Henderson's, but it's still very good and there is always the option of him on Jordan switching during the play.

Should be an entertaining game. Plenty of tempo, tackles, passion and of course, emotion. There may be rivalry between the clubs, but ultimately it's companionship and respect. Still, let's hope we hammer them 4-0 ;D but I'm gunna' guess at an enthralling 3-2 or something of the sort.

It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline DG

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #70 on: May 4, 2013, 01:39:45 pm »
I agree with pretty much everything in the post above, very well written. I'd be a bit worried about us losing the midfield battle with a mid three of Gerrard, Lucas and Coutinho though.

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #71 on: May 4, 2013, 01:53:25 pm »
I agree with pretty much everything in the post above, very well written. I'd be a bit worried about us losing the midfield battle with a mid three of Gerrard, Lucas and Coutinho though.

Think thats more of a problem when we use wingers who Arent great tracking back. Henderson and Downing showed last game that it works if the wingers aren't afraid to dig in and get dirty.

Offline DG

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #72 on: May 4, 2013, 01:57:50 pm »
Think thats more of a problem when we use wingers who Arent great tracking back. Henderson and Downing showed last game that it works if the wingers aren't afraid to dig in and get dirty.

Aye, fair point. I reckon it'll be the same formation as against Newcastle though, Downing usually does what he's told very well.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #73 on: May 4, 2013, 01:58:00 pm »

I agree that would be my only worry as well, but with Henderson and Borini providing so much in the way of running to prevent the ball coming inside I think we will be ok. No doubt Henderson will be instructed to show Baines the outside and Borini the same on Hibbert, giving Gerrard and Lucas plenty of time to pick up Pienaar and Gibson. Not only do I think we can tactically ensure we aren't threatened to much through the middle, but IMO Lucas, Gerrard and Coutinho are better players who should all win their individual battles
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline 21

• Barrack-room Hutz
  • Kopite
« Reply #74 on: May 4, 2013, 02:18:40 pm »
Wouldn't mind seeing hendo on the right with sort of a defensive assignment on baines, almost a man mark and leave the space that baines vacates for coutinho to run into. Cos not sure I'm OK with the job falling to downing. Now would also be the time for carra to give agger a bloody big spray about his marking on set pieces, can't afford anymore fucking ball watching.

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 4, 2013, 02:33:18 pm »
Just thought of something worrying, we've conceded two in every game against the top six this season, with the exception of Chelsea away but they could have scored much more than one with the amount of chances they had.

Offline xstoofer

• Main Stander
« Reply #76 on: May 4, 2013, 02:49:23 pm »
I expect to see sideshow bob kick Coutinho up and down the park, whilst the referee looks the other way and any Sly sports commentary remarks in a jokey matey sort of way "well that's the Brazilian being introduced to the Merseyside derby, chuckle chuckle..."

Hope to God we beat these monkey faced bitter bastards...
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared
to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 4, 2013, 05:48:36 pm »
Plenty of our players coming out and being bullish about the game tomorrow..

As always that will bite us in the arse like many fucking times before and Everton to have their first win at anfield under moyes.

Players shouldn't be fucking allowed to talk before games and just focus on the game. Twats.

This will go to hell.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #78 on: May 4, 2013, 05:56:35 pm »
tough game as usual, if Gerrard is out it will be interesting to view how we get on, Carra with the armband and Sturrige dancing a few times that will do for me.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline nietzsche

• is dead - God.
  • Main Stander
  • The one and only Godless
« Reply #79 on: May 4, 2013, 06:00:02 pm »
I reckon if we can keep baines and coleman at busy defending then lucas could deal with the rest.

Regards
Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum.