Author Topic: Its Luis  (Read 18657 times)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Its Luis
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2013, 09:55:25 am »
He's flawed.
That's great actually, even when it bites us.
We should use it to bring us closer with Luis and keep him at Liverpool for the rest of his career.

Create greats, create history and create memories.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2013, 10:48:15 am »
Made a mistake but I hope he's here next season, fantastic player,  sad when the only fella apart from Barnes making sense is Gary neville. Need to let the circus subside, first item on the news last night, world's gone mad.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline ricflairandy

• moany grumbling in my day the club gave you gold coins grump of a moaning bastard honestly national service for Suarez and another thing...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2013, 10:48:59 am »
You're not wrong there, John mate. He's probably the best, defintely the most exciting, footballer I've seen in our shirt. I absolutely love the fella. I'd bite the face off anyone who went near him, if I could.

We let the media drive Rafa out. I don't give a fuck what anyone says, we'd have won the league by now if Rafa was still here. I'd like to see Brendan win it. We let them drive Luis out, add another few years to the wait.

People on here and the phone lines, playing psychoanalysis, "he's got issues, he needs help," all that pyscho babble amateur Jung, shite. Have you ever. For fucks sake, we should be lining up to phone Stanley Victor Collymoore and call him a kunt, not agreeing with a woman beating, car park wanking, gobshite, that Luis is mentally scared. I honestly can't believe some of the crap, I'm seeing and hearing.

Some people, starting with the FA, need reminding what the media made of this michevious little scamp...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/6076094.stm

Luis Suarez is a genius. I'm sick of the media dictating to us. Want to win the league again... fuck them off for starters.

This is why your my hero. Spot on!
http://www.musclefood.com/AH6059
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2013, 11:04:04 am »
Is right. Made a stupid mistake but will move on and recover. Amazing player and so blessed to see him in Red. 

Hope he changes his celebration to biting his own arm. Then he knows there is only one time he can do it!

Oh and I never realized the full extent of the agenda the English media has against him and Liverpool to a greater degree. I mean I knew it was bad but...wow. Ludicrous.

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2013, 11:05:29 am »
It seems that our owners have given Mr Ayre the all clear to say that Suarez is not going anywhere, so being the good American capitalist they are surely they must realise that there is a buck to be made here. Let's get the official 'Anfield Cannibal' T-shirts in the club shop, before the pirates get in first and possibly Hannibal Lecter style masks in club livery.
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline gorwar61

• Main Stander
  • "Facta Non Verba"
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2013, 11:13:08 am »
We all know that Luis stepped way over the mark on biting an opponent and it is only right that the club sort out some anger management classes for him, but to be honest Luis off the field is completely different from a Luis on the field; so the treatment probably wont do him any good. Luis is a born winner at all costs! and will do whatever to win something Liverpool football club has been missing for a long time. We have had some great players over the last 20 years, but the team need to be a team of winners, Rafa saw it in Carra, the die for the club attitude, we now have it in Luis hopefully he stays because he is one of the most exciting players Liverpool have had in many a year and the Prem will be a worse place without him.  The Prem is sliding fast behind Spain, Germany and probably Italy next season unless some big stars come in. The Prem could loose Luis, Rooney, Aguero,Bale and Torres next season and we will be watching the likes of Stoke, Cardiff, Hull, Villa, Wigan, Crystal Palace? Watford?,Brighton?, Fulham, Norwich, Southampton and West Brom, cant wait for more dull mediocrity. 

Online only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2013, 01:29:29 pm »
The best player in the world by the way, let Bacon face and his mates drive him out if you like, but don't get it wrong, he's the best we've had since Kenny.

Is right, build the team around him and fuck the media and bleeding hearts off.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2013, 01:36:51 pm »
Honestly in my mind, Luis is the most valuable player in the world.

That's not to say that he's worth the most. But when you look at how hard he fights and works, at how bloody good he is, he is the one player, in my mind, that would make the extortionate price of a ticket come even close to being worth it. Seeing that passion combined with excellence, every single week.

Easy for those that sit in front of the tele to just say, "let's get rid, he's not worth the trouble", well given what he does on that pitch, if anyone is worth that trouble, it's our Luis.

Is he evil? Of course not, he's a little scamp, we know this. He's a fucking child on that pitch and despite all his talent, that's just as much part of what makes him so good. It's life or death on that pitch for him.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:39:24 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 01:39:57 pm »
Some people are worth the trouble, otherwise Real Madrid would have binned Mourinho after he tried to gouge Tito Villanovas eye out. They kept him and he won the title.

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 01:43:30 pm »
He wouldn't be the player he was if he wasn't the person he was.

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 01:46:35 pm »
I can't think of many players who can match Luis's intensity on the pitch, he leaves nothing to chance once the match gets under way, his biggest flaw it seems is to master a controlled aggression.  Like for many, his opponent becomes the enemy as long as the match lasts, but he sometimes let's the emotion control him.

I will always have time for Suarez not just because he's extraordinary at football and happens to play for us, but because he is inextricably devoted to his family and his way of life off the pitch is really telling for me.   
★              ★              ★              ★              ★             ★ 

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2013, 01:52:21 pm »
Our problem is we don't have enough like him.

Even shanks spoke of breaking his own wife's leg if he was playing against her and its a mentality that just isn't present in the vast majority of our soft as shite, wouldn't say boo to a goose, Lilly livered, collection of tarts that we have had for the past twenty years. 

Gimme a St. John who knocked a player out with his clenched fist, gimme a tommy smith who says a referee should be shot, a souness who would maim players, keegen who went toe to toe with bremner, a mcmahon who eye gouged Graeme sharpe in front of ref roger Milford, fowler who gave it back to the bitters, a Gerrard stamping his authority on the derby and loverable Luis.  Each one of them gave there absolute all, had talent in abundance, a desire to win and a mentality to give as good as they got. 

Too many of ours don't have the bottle for it, no stomach for the fight, it's beyond what goes on the pitch too.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2013, 01:56:35 pm »
he leaves nothing on the pitch...i love that about him.

i dont like the petulance. obviously the biting incident was just random and clearly hillarious. But wrong.
He needs to try and figure out that line, and try not to cross it! Cos no player should be allowed to bring embarrassment to the club. no matter how good he is.

But what a talent....he is entertaining as fuck, and i wouldnt wanna get rid of him unless its on our own terms (if ever!). Complete nutjob, but a proper red. ;D
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2013, 02:00:41 pm »

Even shanks spoke of breaking his own wife's leg if he was playing against her and its a mentality that just isn't present in the vast majority of our soft as shite, wouldn't say boo to a goose, Lilly livered, collection of tarts that we have had for the past twenty years. 

Gimme a St. John who knocked a player out with his clenched fist, gimme a tommy smith who says a referee should be shot, a souness who would maim players, keegen who went toe to toe with bremner, a mcmahon who eye gouged Graeme sharpe in front of ref roger Milford, fowler who gave it back to the bitters, a Gerrard stamping his authority on the derby and loverable Luis.  Each one of them gave there absolute all, had talent in abundance, a desire to win and a mentality to give as good as they got. 

Too many of ours don't have the bottle for it, no stomach for the fight, it's beyond what goes on the pitch too.

yep all we have is overpaid kids more worried bout their hair and fast cars strolling round for 90 minutes and couldint give a fuck bout the fans hopes and dreams their only escape from our shitty jobs and worries bout just surviving....Luis gives everything when he steps onto that pitch to win

Offline Kicked_Into_Touch

• Kopite
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 02:11:07 pm »
yep all we have is overpaid kids more worried bout their hair and fast cars strolling round for 90 minutes and couldint give a fuck bout the fans hopes and dreams their only escape from our shitty jobs and worries bout just surviving....Luis gives everything when he steps onto that pitch to win

to this point, how made up would i be if downing bit the shite outta the opposition fullback in a fit of rage?

i'd love it personally

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2013, 02:11:50 pm »
We need to realise that he's the one thing that is giving us some hope and genuine source of belief going forward. For me, he's the third best footballer in the world. When you add to that statement that he's only that because of two footballing freaks, it's a genuine wonder he's still here. He's still got much scope for improvement at 26. He is stupidly good. We would be barbaric to even consider selling him. Yes, we might get 50, 60 million. But who are we going to get with even half the ability of Luis?

We aren't in Europe, we have a manager who is inexperienced and is at the beginning of what he's trying to do here. City, Chelsea, Spurs and obviously United will probably bully us in the transfer market with both fee's and wages. It's going to be notoriously difficult with him here, but players will simply want to come here to play with Suarez. Take that away and what is the reason? Because we are Liverpool? That's losing it's pull each day unfortunately and sooner people realise it the better.

We need him, and we need him desperately.

Offline willybeamin

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 02:13:10 pm »
i think spitting is the worst, but still. having a bite at someone is a pretty embarrassing thing to do.

a 26 year old man like.

he'll take it on the chin, as will the club.

and he'll have a point to prove next year.

last year after evra he had a point to prove and he did that by scoring 30 goals.

next year 40? and a cup!!   :wave

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 02:13:56 pm »
He aint
Going nowhere
He aint
Going nowhere
Cos he's Luis Suarez

He's our bad boy for life  ;D
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 02:30:20 pm »
Luis Suarez.Fucking love that fella.Flaws and all,sure he does the silly thing now and then but that's who he is.Love his attitude and wouldn't change him for all the tea in China.

Worth the aggro ? Absolutely.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2013, 02:39:49 pm »
He wouldn't be the player he was if he wasn't the person he was.

To be fair Gerrard was an accident waiting to happen but he curbed that rough side of his game and lost none of his drive or determination.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2013, 02:49:06 pm »
To be fair Gerrard was an accident waiting to happen but he curbed that rough side of his game and lost none of his drive or determination.

Not sure Gerrard was or is as crazy as Luis is to be fair. Gerrard coming through was a local lad, very athletic who loved a tacke. Inexperience and youthful exuberance were the reasons behind it. With Luis, he's genuinely a little bit crazy.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2013, 02:53:46 pm »
Absolute genius. Crazy. Brilliant.

You don't bite the arm of an opponent and keep friends in the press. However, when you are as good as him you are entitled to be loved by your own fans.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2013, 02:54:19 pm »
Never loved a player more other than Fowler. Thought the days of me 'idolizing' players were over but along comes Luis.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline gorwar61

• Main Stander
  • "Facta Non Verba"
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2013, 03:28:00 pm »

AMEN, A team is only a team when they stand up for each other fight for each other and die for each other, Luis does it every tie he steps onto the pitch!

Offline gorwar61

• Main Stander
  • "Facta Non Verba"
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2013, 03:31:20 pm »

Shagged his brothers wife

Shagged his teammates wife AND called a fellow player a fucking black c*nt

Cheated on his wife with a prostitute

Picture says it all really

Purposely ended a fellow pro's career

Luis? Bit someone, didn't even leave a mark? Burn him!
Wrong about Rooney, should of been plural: Prostitutes!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2013, 03:33:52 pm »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2013, 03:49:25 pm »
If you read my post you will see I said ' I think this is the first thing he has done wrong in a LFC shirt' but if it wasnt for all the previous negative bias against him which was unjustfied do you really think this action would have got blown up in the same way?!

Really? i think some of us are bordering on delusional, Suarez is a dirty player, he has been kicking, punching people all season no point in denying it now, we all love him but trying to argue that he is a saint is wrong, part of the reason he is so vilified in the press is because of his past history, there has to come point where we stop shifting blame.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2013, 04:12:29 pm »
Really? i think some of us are bordering on delusional, Suarez is a dirty player, he has been kicking, punching people all season no point in denying it now, we all love him but trying to argue that he is a saint is wrong, part of the reason he is so vilified in the press is because of his past history, there has to come point where we stop shifting blame.
Really? When he has once or twice dived, the media jumped on him like a pack of savages, despite not jumping on other even bigger divers in the league in the same way.
He handled the ball, quite clearly accidently, which resulted in a goal. Again, everyone went mental about something which was clearly an accident.
These are the kinds of things every non-Liverpool fan will convince you makes him a 'dirty player.'
While he is obviously no saint, this biting incident is the only thing he has really done which is deserving of at least some of the attention it is being given. Saying that however, it is still being ridiculously overblown as with everything he does. The amount of jokes and laughs people have been having about this shows that, while bizarre and not something you'd ever expect to see, it isn't even comparable to some of the stronger tackles we see in it's severity.
You wouldn't see many laughing and joking about a leg breaking challenge or other genuinely horrible on-pitch incidents, which says it all. The anger of some about this is a joke.

Love our Luis, hope he's here for many more years :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 04:20:16 pm by JustDan »

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2013, 04:30:48 pm »
I don't like the way we bring in other teams player's and their wrong doings.  we are Liverpool football club not Manchester United or Chelsea.

For me as an LFC supporter, Luis's actions this season have left much to be desired. Does he have the mental capacity to change his ways? I am doubting this more with every incident.

Which is such a shame given his obvious talents.

It annoys me that 99% of the population aren't paid £100+k a week to kick a ball around and be looked after like Gods. If we behaved in this way with our employers most of us would be down the job centre in the morning. FFS Luis get it together lad.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 04:32:59 pm by Thomas »
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2013, 12:12:45 pm »
If we behaved in this way with our employers most of us would be down the job centre in the morning.
I've only had a couple of bosses in my life. I chased one with a pitch fork when I was about 17. I'd have loved to have bit the rest of them. I'd be made up if Luis took a chunk out of Ayers and all at FSG. In fact, I'd give him a medal soon as I'd had him tested for lockjaw. The lad has been the difference between us being mid table and maybe even getting dragged into a relegation scrap. I want to see him here, leading us on a charge for the title. We really shouldn't be joining in the witch hunt. He's bit someone. So, did Defoe. I used to think, England had an equal justice and punishment system for all. What a gobshite, I was.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2013, 12:14:52 pm »
The best player in the world by the way

Good as he is, Lionel Messi is the best player in the world.

That said Luis is certainly one of the best and in my opinion should not be sold.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2013, 12:33:26 pm »
He's also been kicked to fuck, and is looking like he's lost that little burst that makes him so special. I hope, it's just temporary and he gets back to his best, even better. These are the players that make watching football such a joy at times. Luis is special, probably the best of the lot, right now. If we let the witch hunt drive him out, we might as well throw the towel in right now. And don't think Barca, haven't looked at the Messi situation and eyed up Luis as the next genius on their books.

A little quick to write the obit on Messi's career? After all he's only scored 71 goals and made 15 assists this season so far...

Those are Playstation figures, and no other player except maybe C. Ronaldo even comes remotely close...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2013, 12:35:15 pm »
They will go for the English Messi.

Joe Cole?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2013, 12:40:17 pm »
Yep, I've always thought that, it's what inspired me to do this ages ago. Altho he's more Tuco (the Ugly) than Angel Eyes (the Bad) really.

Brilliant! I wanted to do a banner of that with Kenny, Souness and Smith a while back but don't have the IT skills. Obviously had a rethink on Souness and now could be Suarez in his place.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2013, 12:48:42 pm »
According to some sources from Uruguay FA want to force Luis to have four teeths removed...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:57:01 pm by Uruguayan36 »

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2013, 12:58:41 pm »
According to some sources from Uruguay FA want to force Luis to have four teeths removed...

M8 have you spoken to Luis yet?
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline ricflairandy

• moany grumbling in my day the club gave you gold coins grump of a moaning bastard honestly national service for Suarez and another thing...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2013, 01:17:03 pm »

The lad has been the difference between us being mid table and maybe even getting dragged into a relegation scrap.

This!
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2013, 01:17:35 pm »
The best player in the world by the way, let Bacon face and his mates drive him out if you like, but don't get it wrong, he's the best we've had since Kenny.

Great post mate, we can't let the spineless prats drive him out, they talk about "The Liverpool Way" but don't understand what it's about, well I will let you know what it is "LOYALTY" being loyal to your team mates,the fans, the manager, his staff and the club, and vice versa
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline ricflairandy

• Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2013, 01:19:07 pm »
Good as he is, Lionel Messi is the best player in the world.

That said Luis is certainly one of the best and in my opinion should not be sold.

Id agree with this, but youd have to ask yourself if players clubs where reversed. Would messi , or ronaldo for that matter do any better in our team than suarez has. Id say no.
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2013, 01:43:07 pm »
A little quick to write the obit on Messi's career? After all he's only scored 71 goals and made 15 assists this season so far...

Those are Playstation figures, and no other player except maybe C. Ronaldo even comes remotely close...
Where did I write Messi off? You must have me confused with telly pundits. I'd never dream of being so ridiculous. But I stand by what I said. Luis is one of the best players I've had the luck to ever watch. If anything, ref's should be protecting him from the batterings he takes week in, week out. If they did, I wouldn't be scared of him being booted out of the game, like so many other greats, and he mightn't feel the need to bite people.

I know you weren't taking a dig, but why is Messi limping round, looking a shadow of himself. He plays where tackling's practically a shooting offence, but he's still kicked from pillar to post. If we're not careful, we won't have to tut-tut along with the media and help the witch hunt, like some of them. The lad will just up sticks and fuck off to where he'll be protected from yard dogs on the pitch and in the press.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/