Author Topic: Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz - 17 goals & X assists worth of 'I told you so'  (Read 733244 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz - 17 goals & X assists worth of 'I told you so'
« Reply #6640 on: December 17, 2013, 10:52:11 pm »
Whatever he wants...just say yes.

This.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #6641 on: December 17, 2013, 10:52:16 pm »
Best player in the prem, make him the best paid player in the prem. The lad is fucking priceless.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6642 on: December 17, 2013, 10:53:54 pm »
Tony Barrett says the offer is 200.000 a week!

Would he really be privy to what were offering?! Think its more plucked from the sky to be honest, although maybe not far wrong.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #6643 on: December 17, 2013, 10:55:05 pm »
If it's possible can we please

Just. Sign. Him. Up.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline simsim

• Kopite
  • High tempo pass and move is the Liverpool groove
« Reply #6644 on: December 17, 2013, 10:55:24 pm »

The Premier League should pay half purely because of what he brings to the brand ;) Will be the best player in the world in the next couple of years.

Aye, the only box office player in the prem.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #6645 on: December 17, 2013, 10:55:45 pm »
He's responded exactly as I hoped to the situation over the summer.  I have lost respect for him as a person due to the many controversies and having is his head turned after assuring us other wise.  But as a player he is untouchable and this season he hasn't set a foot wrong so hopefully this is the Suarez we will see from now on.  Won't take long to win people back if he does just that.

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6646 on: December 17, 2013, 10:57:16 pm »
The Premier League should pay half purely because of what he brings to the brand ;) Will be the best player in the world in the next couple of years.

wouldn't mind chipping in myself   

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6647 on: December 17, 2013, 10:57:35 pm »
Tony Barrett says the offer is 200.000 a week!

He's definitely worth two 100k a week strikers.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #6648 on: December 17, 2013, 10:59:10 pm »
John Henry you know whats good. Tie him down.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6649 on: December 17, 2013, 10:59:40 pm »
The intro on that story shows how much a lot of the media have changed their views - using the word "brilliant" where a few months ago it would have been something like "controversial" or "disgraced."

He's burst through the threshold of brilliant that's why, they are witnessing a very special player
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #6650 on: December 17, 2013, 11:00:17 pm »
wouldn't mind chipping in myself   

Just put £5 on a ticket at home games....with £50 on away fans tickets...fuck this cheap tickets for away fans, make the buggers pay for the privilege.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6651 on: December 17, 2013, 11:01:04 pm »
The money might be there and right, but you know he won't agree to anything unless we make the champions league.

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6652 on: December 17, 2013, 11:03:12 pm »
Just put £5 on a ticket at home games....with £50 on away fans tickets...fuck this cheap tickets for away fans, make the buggers pay for the privilege.
i hope your messing

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #6653 on: December 17, 2013, 11:04:03 pm »
The money might be there and right, but you know he won't agree to anything unless we make the champions league.

My feelings exactly. I don't want my judgement getting clouded by what he's doing for us on the pitch at the moment.  He wants to be playing at the top and we need to deliver it to him or let him go and do it.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6654 on: December 17, 2013, 11:06:21 pm »

Nah, make the millionaire/billionaire money men at the top of the game pay, not the working man.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6655 on: December 17, 2013, 11:06:46 pm »
i hope your messing

your right...make it a £100!

Offline Owl

• Twit...just twit. No twoo.
  • Kopite
« Reply #6656 on: December 17, 2013, 11:07:13 pm »
I don't think he will sign.. no matter what money we throw at him.

He will wait till the summer and decide.

The optimist in me is dead when it comes to Suarez and I think we can only keep him with a PL trophy in may.

I'm just enjoying watching him play what to me is his last season here and I hope he gets us to top 4.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:15:03 pm by Owl »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6657 on: December 17, 2013, 11:10:23 pm »
Yeah I don't think money will come into it too much, he knows Madrid are highly likely to come back in for him, I love that the club are trying but I can't see it working.

Maybe if Madrid opt for Aguero and Bayern/Barca don't feel like they want him, then with only Arsenal interested he agrees to say. But even if we finish 4th I think he'll want to go and I wouldn't blame him
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #6658 on: December 17, 2013, 11:13:51 pm »
Ar'eh, it was going so well and the last two posts have really pissed on me chips.

He's gone isn't he.  :sad
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6659 on: December 17, 2013, 11:19:13 pm »
OK, so Suarez signed in 2011 on a contract lasting until 2016. Then, in 2012, he signs a new contract. But if we didn't extend the contract beyond 2016 then, what was the point of that new contract? FSG don't seem like the type who would give away money with nothing in exchange.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6660 on: December 17, 2013, 11:19:31 pm »
Whatever he wants...just say yes.

Yes ..something like that I think.. if he keeps the actual level of his performances, 200k£ a week is a bargain..
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Mello

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6661 on: December 17, 2013, 11:21:05 pm »

At the very least, he will demand a hard buyout clause if the club fails to qualify.  That's a given.  The negotiation will be over how much.  I think £70-80M would be fair.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6662 on: December 17, 2013, 11:23:40 pm »
OK, so Suarez signed in 2011 on a contract lasting until 2016. Then, in 2012, he signs a new contract. But if we didn't extend the contract beyond 2016 then, what was the point of that new contract? FSG don't seem like the type who would give away money with nothing in exchange.

More money for a player playing better?

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6663 on: December 17, 2013, 11:23:48 pm »
don't get me wrong this may be in jest but what a horrible thing to say. Absolute idiot
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6664 on: December 17, 2013, 11:27:08 pm »

Reportedly Suarez was on a comparatively low wage when he was signed, I remember reading £40k per week, whilst players like Downing and Carroll were earning reportedly upwards of £80k. Sometimes if you don't give the player the money he deserves he'll get upset and want to leave for a club that respects him and will pay him the money that in relative terms he "deserves".
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6665 on: December 17, 2013, 11:31:00 pm »
don't get me wrong this may be in jest but what a horrible thing to say. Absolute idiot

jest - no , clearly a pissing joke!

Horrible!  jeez either your pompus or need to get out more!

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6666 on: December 17, 2013, 11:34:12 pm »
Offer him whatever the fuck he wants. I'll get as much of that Mate tea  he wants too, the tea he constantly drinks before every match. I might just send some to Melwood
Everyone on RAWK should send Luis some mate as a campaign to get him to stay. Just have Melwood overrun with mate tea. And Henry should get a custom made bobilla (the metal filter/straw) that is used to drink the tea, with the Liverbird sculpted on the beak. It would be an awesome gesture and Luis would take it to heart. The team must do everything to convince Luis that Liverpool is home. Win Luis's heart, and we will win his signature. After all his son is a Scouser.

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6667 on: December 17, 2013, 11:37:54 pm »
Reportedly Suarez was on a comparatively low wage when he was signed, I remember reading £40k per week, whilst players like Downing and Carroll were earning reportedly upwards of £80k. Sometimes if you don't give the player the money he deserves he'll get upset and want to leave for a club that respects him and will pay him the money that in relative terms he "deserves".

You mean like he did last summer, prompting FSG to tell him to suck it up? It just seems strange that FSG wouldn't insist on getting something out of the deal.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #6668 on: December 17, 2013, 11:39:21 pm »

The new contract would be for improved terms, an incentive for the player to stay at the club and a reward for excellent performance. It also makes it harder for the player to buy himself out of the deal, but I doubt that was in their thinking.

There may even have been something in the original contract that allowed for renegotiation if he passed certain thresholds. (Appearances, goals, assists, shirt sales etc)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:41:00 pm by Nessy76 »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6669 on: December 17, 2013, 11:40:46 pm »
You mean like he did last summer, prompting FSG to tell him to suck it up? It just seems strange that FSG wouldn't insist on getting something out of the deal.

Yes but it delays it massively, relatively speaking Suarez deserved much higher than that and it was done to keep him (and more likely his agent) happy

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6670 on: December 17, 2013, 11:41:39 pm »

Total guess put there will most likely be a real release clause this time. Lets hope it's high
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline jccouso

• Main Stander
  • It's wonderful it's marvellous it's three three!!!
« Reply #6671 on: December 17, 2013, 11:43:16 pm »

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 4m
Liverpool MD Ian Ayre today travelled to Barcelona to open talks with Pere Guardiola over a possible new deal for Luis Suarez.
[/quote]

Sorry off topic but what exactly did Ian Ayre  do in the past to make everyone call him a massive tool?
(Just curious like)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6672 on: December 17, 2013, 11:43:36 pm »
Total guess put there will most likely be a real release clause this time. Lets hope it's high

I'd say its pretty educated guess though.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6673 on: December 17, 2013, 11:45:11 pm »

A happy player is something isn't it? In fact, he went on to have his best season for us last year, so we did get something. If he was unhappy at being on £40k whilst Downing was on double then he may not of been as motivated.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6674 on: December 17, 2013, 11:45:21 pm »

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 4m
Liverpool MD Ian Ayre today travelled to Barcelona to open talks with Pere Guardiola over a possible new deal for Luis Suarez.

Sorry off topic but what exactly did Ian Ayre  do in the past to make everyone call him a massive tool?
(Just curious like)

Harley Davidson, struggling to sort deals out with top players and not giving a shit about local, match going fans.

Always comes across as a proper c*nt to me personally whenever I see him speaking

Offline jccouso

• Main Stander
  • It's wonderful it's marvellous it's three three!!!
« Reply #6675 on: December 17, 2013, 11:46:42 pm »
Harley Davidson, struggling to sort deals out with top players and not giving a shit about local, match going fans.

Always comes across as a proper c*nt to me personally whenever I see him speaking

OK thanks for the info.
I thought it was Rafa-out related

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #6676 on: December 17, 2013, 11:47:22 pm »
Yeah I don't think money will come into it too much, he knows Madrid are highly likely to come back in for him, I love that the club are trying but I can't see it working.

Maybe if Madrid opt for Aguero and Bayern/Barca don't feel like they want him, then with only Arsenal interested he agrees to say. But even if we finish 4th I think he'll want to go and I wouldn't blame him

Back? When were they in for him in the first place?
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Online blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6677 on: December 17, 2013, 11:48:33 pm »
Not sure how this will end up, but if FSG not only keep our player for the season but tie him down to a new deal, then it's on. Clearly it's not been signed yet, and if isn't, other teams will have to pay £220k+

Just sign him up.

Not just that mate, but other teams will have to pay (I would expect) around £80 million plus the 200andodd k a week.  Thats a lot of money by anyones standards.

Would Real be able to afford that outlay again? Bales gotta be on a wack. Ronaldo on a wack. Well basically all of them.

I honestly dont think Barca would pay that for him or those wages.

PSG probably could but I dont see the attraction of PSG really. If we get CL then I dont see them being any more of an attraction than us.

Bayern I dont think would pay it.

We wont sell to chelsea or the mancs.

Interesting summer ahead.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6678 on: December 17, 2013, 11:48:52 pm »
Back? When were they in for him in the first place?

Was under the impression they started sniffing in the summer but didn't value him above £30m so we told them to piss off. Could be wrong though

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6679 on: December 17, 2013, 11:49:57 pm »
Yes but it delays it massively, relatively speaking Suarez deserved much higher than that and it was done to keep him (and more likely his agent) happy

Perhaps. Suarez has said his deal goes to 2018. These same outlets have reported the same in the past. Now that it's time for more Suarez transfer drama, it's back to 2016 again. Maybe the mythical release clause will make a return too. Perhaps I'm naive, but it seems like the media just makes this shit up when it's time to generate page views and FSG's response to last summer would suggest time was very much on our side.