Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 638487 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Marvel Musings
« Reply #3600 on: February 24, 2018, 06:47:56 pm »
Today marks the 60 day mark for Infinity war

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3601 on: February 24, 2018, 07:44:55 pm »
Today marks the 60 day mark for Infinity war

"The sequel to the greatest movie ever, Black Panther"
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3602 on: February 24, 2018, 08:12:32 pm »
"The sequel to the greatest movie ever, Black Panther"

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3603 on: February 24, 2018, 08:49:50 pm »
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3604 on: February 24, 2018, 09:50:24 pm »

Objectively the greatest movie ever made, no need to be sad. You won!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3605 on: February 25, 2018, 07:17:25 am »
Objectively the greatest movie ever made, no need to be sad. You won!

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3606 on: February 25, 2018, 10:31:08 am »
Went to see Black Panther yesterday and thought it was a bit Meh overall. Thought the villain was quite good but would have like to have seen a bit more of his history. Never really engaged with any of the other main characters at all, especially Bilbo, who I thought was ridiculous. All the action scenes seemed to dark and too fast to appreciate as well.

Not great, not awful, just left me feeling a bit not arsed about it.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3607 on: February 25, 2018, 10:41:55 am »
Went to see Black Panther yesterday and thought it was a bit Meh overall. Thought the villain was quite good but would have like to have seen a bit more of his history. Never really engaged with any of the other main characters at all, especially Bilbo, who I thought was ridiculous. All the action scenes seemed to dark and too fast to appreciate as well.

Not great, not awful, just left me feeling a bit not arsed about it.

Racist.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3608 on: February 25, 2018, 04:44:51 pm »

Do you post "shat on" after every Lineker tweet too?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3609 on: February 25, 2018, 06:29:36 pm »
Racist.

For your information I'll have you know that some of my best friends are panthers. :-)
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #3610 on: February 25, 2018, 06:48:16 pm »
My cousin was the stunt double for Chris Hemsworth in Thor.Was the young Bruce Wayne in Batman in the scene in the well.Been in loads

You can see why they hired him,,as theyre identical in size(hes the one in middle)

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3611 on: February 25, 2018, 08:23:47 pm »
Do you post "shat on" after every Lineker tweet too?

Luckily, I don’t ‘understand that reference’ or you’d have been Marvel giffed

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3612 on: February 25, 2018, 08:36:12 pm »

I'm saying you have the same sense of humor as a twitter banter account, only a little less imaginative

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3613 on: February 25, 2018, 11:35:59 pm »

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3614 on: February 27, 2018, 03:12:56 pm »
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has now grossed over $14 Billion

Most probably $15-16 Billion in the next 3-6 months.

Thats an insane amount of money. Not bad returns for Disney after buying Marvel films for $4 Billion

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #3615 on: February 27, 2018, 03:23:59 pm »
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has now grossed over $14 Billion

Most probably $15-16 Billion in the next 3-6 months.

Thats an insane amount of money. Not bad returns for Disney after buying Marvel films for $4 Billion

I bet Fox's profit on the X-Men is even more impressive. Reportedly the original deal cost them $2.6m.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3616 on: February 27, 2018, 03:42:08 pm »
Here's the actual chart. Of course it ignores inflation and grosses per film...

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3617 on: February 27, 2018, 04:52:23 pm »
I bet Fox's profit on the X-Men is even more impressive. Reportedly the original deal cost them $2.6m.

Please stop to laugh at the Sony execs who TURNED DOWN rights for the entire MCU for a reported $28 million in 1998. They must be in hiding somewhere now, or in asylums.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3618 on: February 27, 2018, 04:58:40 pm »
Please stop to laugh at the Sony execs who TURNED DOWN rights for the entire MCU for a reported $28 million in 1998. They must be in hiding somewhere now, or in asylums.

No way does the MCU work as well in 98ish under Sony as it did ten years later under Disney. I wouldn't call that a missed opportunity as much as something working out best for all parties.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3619 on: February 27, 2018, 06:13:47 pm »
Here's the actual chart. Of course it ignores inflation and grosses per film...

And shooting budgets. If you gross $1bn and your movie costs $1.01bn to shoot, you're fucked.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3620 on: February 27, 2018, 06:15:17 pm »
And shooting budgets. If you gross $1bn and your movie costs $1.01bn to shoot, you're fucked.
It's worse than that, Justice League didn't get close to a billion.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3621 on: February 27, 2018, 06:16:49 pm »
It's worse than that, Justice League didn't get close to a billion.

No doubt they will release an extra boring extended edition on DVD to try and claw some of that back.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3622 on: February 27, 2018, 06:34:11 pm »
Oh yeeehhhh forgot they did a Justice League movie! Wasn't there some thing about a CGI moustache? Wouldn't mind that being a bluray extra.

Got Thor Ragnarok last night, excellent cheesy superhero spectacular.

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #3623 on: February 27, 2018, 10:04:29 pm »
Also watched Thor: Ragnorok last night. Was brilliant. Straight up comedy compared to any other MCU movie. Best so far for me! Admittedly havent seen Spidey, Civil War, or Black Panther though.
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #3624 on: February 28, 2018, 04:32:31 am »
Oh yeeehhhh forgot they did a Justice League movie! Wasn't there some thing about a CGI moustache? Wouldn't mind that being a bluray extra.

Got Thor Ragnarok last night, excellent cheesy superhero spectacular.

I watched it yesterday too, but I thought it was too terrible to enjoy, like the cheese had gone off  ;D While I was watching, I kept thinking "This is worse than fucking 'Ishtar.'"
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3625 on: February 28, 2018, 12:03:03 pm »
Saw Black Panther last night.

Enjoyed it, thought it was a good film. Not blown away by it. Suffered a bit from OriginStory-itis. Actually established the world of Wakanda rather brilliantly, look and feel was amazing, and the cultural background, references to actual history were really well done. Colonialism, taking in refugees etc

Main story was just a bit meh. Look for a guy, find a guy, have two "Challenges".

Interesting I thought that Black Panther is the first hero who is actually a 'title' which gets passed down between different individuals. In the story T'Challa inherits the title, which can be passed on when it's time to reboot.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #3626 on: February 28, 2018, 03:15:41 pm »
I watched it yesterday too, but I thought it was too terrible to enjoy, like the cheese had gone off  ;D While I was watching, I kept thinking "This is worse than fucking 'Ishtar.'"

I watched it recently too, did feel like they were trying to copy Marvel's Avengers and even the bits of humour weren't that funny. Wonder Woman was great though!
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3627 on: February 28, 2018, 09:55:44 pm »

Interesting I thought that Black Panther is the first hero who is actually a 'title' which gets passed down between different individuals. In the story T'Challa inherits the title, which can be passed on when it's time to reboot.

Trying to think of what other comic book character has that trait. Green Lantern? Turok (which seriously needs its own proper live action film because its got dinosaurs and aliens in it, and as we know, both can be great fun.) Not sure who else. Maybe that other shite character who Black Panther reminds me of for some reason. Billy Zane.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3628 on: February 28, 2018, 10:00:45 pm »
Trying to think of what other comic book character has that trait. Green Lantern? Turok (which seriously needs its own proper live action film because its got dinosaurs and aliens in it, and as we know, both can be great fun.) Not sure who else. Maybe that other shite character who Black Panther reminds me of for some reason. Billy Zane.

The current Iron Man is a black teenage girl, Hulk is a Chinese dude, Spider-Man is a Latin American dude, Thor was a woman and Cap was replaced by the Falcon. There have been loads of Batmans since the 90s.

I know that's not exactly what you said, but the titles have been transferred a lot recently.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3629 on: February 28, 2018, 10:21:17 pm »
The current Iron Man is a black teenage girl, Hulk is a Chinese dude, Spider-Man is a Latin American dude, Thor was a woman and Cap was replaced by the Falcon. There have been loads of Batmans since the 90s.

I know that's not exactly what you said, but the titles have been transferred a lot recently.
I'd to check them to see if those were legit. Are these actually at the forefront of the Marvel comic universe now? I get that a mutant spider can bite anyone and give its powers to for Spiderman. Likewise for someone messing around with gamma radiation for the Hulk, although I don't see what reason there is to do that. A teenage girl for Ironman?  Oooooooo K.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3630 on: February 28, 2018, 10:37:51 pm »
Teenage girl for Iron Man is about to be written into a black hole by Marvel because the writer that created her has just left for DC Comics ;D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3631 on: February 28, 2018, 10:40:29 pm »
In the comics. T'Challa's younger sister becoming the new Iron Man once RDJ gives it up....I could see it.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3632 on: February 28, 2018, 10:48:06 pm »
I'd to check them to see if those were legit. Are these actually at the forefront of the Marvel comic universe now? I get that a mutant spider can bite anyone and give its powers to for Spiderman. Likewise for someone messing around with gamma radiation for the Hulk, although I don't see what reason there is to do that. A teenage girl for Ironman?  Oooooooo K.

Yeah when you write it out like that it really gets wild.

Funny given the timing, they only just announced the new Cap is...

Peggy Carter

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3633 on: February 28, 2018, 10:52:48 pm »
Aye, Marvel's going down the shitter.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3634 on: March 1, 2018, 01:05:12 am »

The Phantom, Ghost Who Walks, a classic Australian comic book superhero, is a mantle passed from generation to generation. Not the most well known character, but I guess that's what the Billy Zane reference is about?

DC have a long track record of replacing heroes. When they relaunched their line in the late 50s, they had new versions of Green Lantern, The Flash and several others. Later they handed both titles to other characters. The Flash mantle passed on after Crisis on Infinite Earths to former Kid Flash Wally West. There have also been various Robins. The Knightfall storyline saw a new Batman at around the same time four new Supermen took over while Clark Kent was believed to be dead.

Marvel did something similar in the 80s, with Jim "War Machine" Rhodes becoming Iron Man, and several replacement Captains America when Steve Rogers was disillusioned with America and briefly became Nomad. The same era had Beta Ray Bill lift Thor's hammer and Rick Jones was the Hulk for a while, too.

Rumour had it they were worried about losing the rights to the characters, as they were facing potential legal actions from some of the original artists and they thought having different people portray those heroes would be a useful standby, or to show that the heroes were not simply what had been created in the 60s, but could be anyone in the guise.

Although they reinstated the original heroes, it became quite common for new versions of most of their big names to crop up from time to time. There was the Eric Masterson Thor, who would later go by the name Thunderstrike, and numerous Spider-Man clones, with the angle there being that Spidey had actually been the clone Ben Reilly all along. (After writing themselves into a complete corner, they backed out of it and retconned the whole thing.)

Then there was the new, younger Nova, who is quite a big deal now. There have been four or five Captain Marvels, too, and I even hear they have a new Quasar, which is the third one of them.

So the new Iron Man, Spidey, Thor, Hulk and so on are really just the latest in a long line of replacements.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3635 on: March 1, 2018, 01:10:11 am »
The Phantom, Ghost Who Walks, a classic Australian comic book superhero, is a mantle passed from generation to generation. Not the most well known character, but I guess that's what the Billy Zane reference is about?

DC have a long track record of replacing heroes. When they relaunched their line in the late 50s, they had new versions of Green Lantern, The Flash and several others. Later they handed both titles to other characters. The Flash mantle passed on after Crisis on Infinite Earths to former Kid Flash Wally West. There have also been various Robins. The Knightfall storyline saw a new Batman at around the same time four new Supermen took over while Clark Kent was believed to be dead.

Marvel did something similar in the 80s, with Jim "War Machine" Rhodes becoming Iron Man, and several replacement Captains America when Steve Rogers was disillusioned with America and briefly became Nomad. The same era had Beta Ray Bill lift Thor's hammer and Rick Jones was the Hulk for a while, too.

Rumour had it they were worried about losing the rights to the characters, as they were facing potential legal actions from some of the original artists and they thought having different people portray those heroes would be a useful standby, or to show that the heroes were not simply what had been created in the 60s, but could be anyone in the guise.

Although they reinstated the original heroes, it became quite common for new versions of most of their big names to crop up from time to time. There was the Eric Masterson Thor, who would later go by the name Thunderstrike, and numerous Spider-Man clones, with the angle there being that Spidey had actually been the clone Ben Reilly all along. (After writing themselves into a complete corner, they backed out of it and retconned the whole thing.)

Then there was the new, younger Nova, who is quite a big deal now. There have been four or five Captain Marvels, too, and I even hear they have a new Quasar, which is the third one of them.

So the new Iron Man, Spidey, Thor, Hulk and so on are really just the latest in a long line of replacements.

To me you can pass on Iron Man, Batman, even Spider-Man no problem. Thor, Hulk, Cap, even Superman are all dumb and shouldn't be done.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3636 on: March 1, 2018, 01:18:18 am »
To me you can pass on Iron Man, Batman, even Spider-Man no problem. Thor, Hulk, Cap, even Superman are all dumb and shouldn't be done.

I think Batman is the hardest to pull off. (Batman of the Future aside.)

Thor has had the whole "whosoever picks up this hammer" shtick since day one, although I don't think they played on it in the early days.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3637 on: March 1, 2018, 01:23:53 am »
I think Batman is the hardest to pull off. (Batman of the Future aside.)

Thor has had the whole "whosoever picks up this hammer" shtick since day one, although I don't think they played on it in the early days.

With Batman it's a guy in the suit, same as Iron Man. As long as the guy who's in the suit performs, it's all good. Hulk, Thor and Superman are all specific people IMO, it seems silly to replace them. Cap is technically a guy in a suit, but his role in the Marvel Universe means Steve Rodgers is far more important as Cap than Bucky/Falcon/Whoever.

I mean it's all silly, but there are differing degrees haha.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3638 on: March 1, 2018, 02:23:03 am »
Aye, Marvel's going down the shitter.

Just the current environment though, isn't it? Anything that has a straight white guy as a lead gets immediate backlash online, asking why it can't be a woman or a person of color or a LGBT character. Last thing a struggling comic book company needs is that kind of viral campaign. SO they play to the gallery
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3639 on: March 1, 2018, 07:22:02 am »
Just the current environment though, isn't it? Anything that has a straight white guy as a lead gets immediate backlash online, asking why it can't be a woman or a person of color or a LGBT character. Last thing a struggling comic book company needs is that kind of viral campaign. SO they play to the gallery

Not sure they're struggling that much to be fair.