Author Topic: 2013 Europa League Final: Benfica v Chelsea  (Read 142412 times)

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
Come on Basel, knock these c*nts out.

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Again same as Falcao, he was banging them in regularly in Portugal only when he moved did people take more notice. Personally could see him doing well at somewhere like Dortmund if Lewandowski goes

No doubt about that... but also Dortmund wouldn´t pay 20M for a player I guess. Can´t see Benfica selling for less than that any of their stars.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
If Chelsea win will they be the first to have won the European Cup/Champions League one season and then the UEFA Cup/Europa League the next?

I think teams may have done it the other way, but I can't recall anyone ever winning the lesser tournament the season after.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
Just about to say this, he seems a good finisher from what I've seen, anyone know about him (bar Googling him)
His finishing is erratic, but it can be improved. Think with the right coaching he can become a little bit like Bellamy.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline NGreat

• Kopite
Benfica have been superb. It's a shame that the referee has been absolutely dreadful and given everything against them.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
If Chelsea lose it will signify the end of Benitez in the English game in my view
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
Lampard is having a nightmare. Misplaced passes everywhere and hit the post when he was put through.
Chelsea should have scored at least a goal in the first half to be honest.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Benfica are great to watch going forward but what a shower of horrible cheating c*nts.
First half was a terrific watch but they ruined it by being complete diving, cheating twats. After their penalty shout was turned down, there were 2 of the most pathetic dives you'll ever see in the space of a couple of seconds.
I'd love Dirky to win the cup to be honest, I miss his crucial goals and will forget his dodgy touches  :'(

Offline TitanTrigger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If Chelsea win will they be the first to have won the European Cup/Champions League one season and then the UEFA Cup/Europa League the next?

I think teams may have done it the other way, but I can't recall anyone ever winning the lesser tournament the season after.

Yes I think some may have  :o

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
That banner behind Strachan, 'first London club to win the Champions League' Wow you must be so proud.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Benfica are great to watch going forward but what a shower of horrible cheating c*nts.
Horrible carry on after they conceded,some terrible diving.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
If Chelsea lose it will signify the end of Benitez in the English game in my view
I think thats already a cert regardless of the result tonight and if they even go on to win this.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
'It took until 2011 for a London club to win the Champions League'

Would look a lot better
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Lampard is having a nightmare. Misplaced passes everywhere and hit the post when he was put through.
Chelsea should have scored at least a goal in the first half to be honest.
I bet on him to score so no chance for the tubby one  8)

Looks like Tambling's record will not be taken by dumpling for another day  :D

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
Borussia Dortmund’s Marcel Schmelzer fractured his nose playing against Stuttgart on 30 March 2013.  Jurgen Klopp stated immediately after the game, “The fracture is unique.  His nose is all over the place.”  Schmelzer played in a face mask just three days later against Malaga in the Champions League Quarter Finals and again three days thereafter against FC Augsburg in the Bundesliga.  By the time Dortmund played Malaga in the return leg of the Champions League Quarter Finals on 9 April 2013, Schmelzer had got rid of his face mask and was tearing around the pitch as if he had not incurred a major fracture of his nose just 9 days prior.

Chelsea’s Fernando Torres, on the other hand broke his nose playing against Steaua Bucuresti on 14 March 2013.  Torres has since featured in 11 matches sporting a face mask over a time period spanning 49 days (and counting).  Fernando has gone to great lengths to fashion arise his new head dress and against Liverpool his face mask sported the number ‘9’ prominently displayed above his right eye.  We can only assume that even though he was the only Player on the pitch sporting a face mask he still thought it best to let everyone know who the Tit behind the mask was.  What are the odds that he will continue to sport the face mask to the end of the season which will ensure that he continues to remain the laughing stock of the Premier League?
“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97

Chelsea’s Fernando Torres, on the other hand broke his nose playing against Steaua Bucuresti on 14 March 2013.  Torres has since featured in 11 matches sporting a face mask over a time period spanning 49 days (and counting).  Fernando has gone to great lengths to fashion arise his new head dress and against Liverpool his face mask sported the number ‘9’ prominently displayed above his right eye.  We can only assume that even though he was the only Player on the pitch sporting a face mask he still thought it best to let everyone know who the Tit behind the mask was.  What are the odds that he will continue to sport the face mask to the end of the season which will ensure that he continues to remain the laughing stock of the Premier League?

Trying to break Petr Cech's record for looking like an utter bell whiff.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss

I guess when you move the goalposts things like this will eventually happen.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Fernando has gone to great lengths to fashion arise his new head dress and against Liverpool his face mask sported the number ‘9’ prominently displayed above his right eye.
Remember noticing that against us. For some reason I assumed he was made to put the number on by the officials. Mainly because I couldn't fathom why anyone would want to customise a mask...

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
I think thats already a cert regardless of the result tonight and if they even go on to win this.

Sad but true. The constructed slander of him is disgusting.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
Trying to break Petr Cech's record for looking like an utter bell whiff.
Seems a bit harsh to me. Isn't Cech protecting his life with this helmet ?

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
Borussia Dortmund’s Marcel Schmelzer fractured his nose playing against Stuttgart on 30 March 2013.  Jurgen Klopp stated immediately after the game, “The fracture is unique.  His nose is all over the place.”  Schmelzer played in a face mask just three days later against Malaga in the Champions League Quarter Finals and again three days thereafter against FC Augsburg in the Bundesliga.  By the time Dortmund played Malaga in the return leg of the Champions League Quarter Finals on 9 April 2013, Schmelzer had got rid of his face mask and was tearing around the pitch as if he had not incurred a major fracture of his nose just 9 days prior.

cool said no one ever. Just because he doesn't play for us doesn't me you can score cheap points because of an injury.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan

Offline MHLC

• My Horse Likes Cheese
  • Legacy Fan
So Chelsea go a goal down and the BBC changes the picture from a 'We love Frank Lampard' shite banner to a picture of Rafa - uttre twats.

The beeb usually has a rotating gallery of images on the footy main page that links to their in-game commentary. The paranoia is misplaced.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legacy Fan
1-1

Zorres

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
Ah fuck off.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Torres taps in.

Doesn't change much though, Basel still need to score another.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
Not scored in PL since Christmas...yet there'll be more 'he's back!!' crap tomorrow no matter what.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legacy Fan
2-1

Victor Moses

Offline sparrowred

• Legacy Fan
That was fucking pathetic.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Moses loves Europe like.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
Basel are abysmal. Easiest run ever. Jammy fuckers.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
How fucking lucky is chelsea

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So lucky!

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Moses.

Lucky goal.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck me some noise at Stamford bridge
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
Moses.

Lucky goal.

so was 1st. Fucking Zoro
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Not scored in PL since Christmas...yet there'll be more 'he's back!!' crap tomorrow no matter what.
At the risk of slating Torres twice on one page of this topic - there was nothing more ridiculous than when people said he was back/he'd repaid the £50 million after the goal against Barcelona. A meaningless goal in the context of who went through in that competition. Always irks me how it gets so much more coverage than say, Ramires' goal which was the one that changed the tie and also, was a better finish.

Not that I'm still bitter about Torres or anything...

Offline elkun

• Kopite
Chelsea is probably the most luckiest team ever :S. Last year they where lucky to win the champions league and this year it seems they will win it again by luck

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
so was 1st. Fucking Zoro

Speaking of which, how long is he going to wear the mask? I don't think I've ever seen a player keep it this long
Is it a fashion statement ?
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact