Author Topic: Southampton V Liverpool 16th March 15:00 KO Shortish Preview.  (Read 56534 times)

Offline andywilko

• Anny Roader
  • Thank You
Re: Southampton V Liverpool 16th March 15:00 KO Shortish Preview.
« Reply #320 on: March 16, 2013, 02:31:49 pm »
Attacking line-up, like it.
And with such simplicity,
The European Cup, surely, is won.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: March 16, 2013, 02:31:56 pm »
Coates and Assaidi were just spotted being given a satchel of snacks before they were buried alive in a box deep in the forest, with a breathing tube for air until they are unearthed in the summer window.  :D

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #322 on: March 16, 2013, 02:32:55 pm »
Hoping I can find a decent stream for this, having a feeling this could help define our season.

After a decent performance and an excellent result at Spurs last week, we finally have that win against a top side that has eluded us for so long a majority of this season. For all the mini decent runs we have managed to fathom together, the exhilarating wins against the lesser sides we have struggled with for what seems like a millennia until now, we have come up very short against the likes of West Brom and Villa at pivotal points in the campaign; here we find ourselves in another mentally defining moment. A win here will do wonders for our confidence going into the business end of the season, and give us a solid platform for the run-in. After arguably underperforming but getting three points against Spurs, we’ve finally turned our fortunes around and achieved something we’ve failed to do all season till now. We must kick on and show consistency, the key word for me today and the key for us going into next season.

Southampton at home will pose similar problems for us as Spurs did. They will press us high up the pitch, have quick, strong, dangerous players in the final third with Gaston, Puncheon, and Lallana, and a consistent finisher up top in Lambert. Whilst not fighting for a top four finish, they are battling to be at the top of the four at the less glamorous end of the spectrum, and that for us could ultimately be more dangerous. Teams in Southampton’s situation have a grit and determination about them to try and salvage another season in the big time and a team with little to play for like ourselves can be on the wrong end of a result against a side with so much in the balance. Today could be a real slog at the office for Liverpool and being mentally prepared for such an occasion will be very important.

As for the starting 11, I wouldn’t change too much after almost a full weeks rest. Pepe in nets - the back four looking like Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique -  Lucas sitting, Gerrard play making just ahead of him, with Downing tucking in right and Coutinho a free role from the left - Suarez and Sturridge to lead the line. We will set up with Agger and Johnson with the two most progressive defenders, Lucas tucking between Dan and Martin, with Gerrard controlling the direction of the play from the centre circle. Downing no doubt will try and get on his right foot from the right midfield position, whilst Coutinho will pull wide to stretch the play for Suarez and Sturridge and try and hit the D from there when he has the ball. Suarez will drop nearest to the #10 role for the majority but both Coutinho and Sturride have the ability to pop in there if Suarez is running in behind or pulling his centre half wide. Some clever lifted balls from the likes of Gerrard, Downing and Coutinho could see Sturridge get good opportunities in behind the Soton back line and of course Suarez can carve out chances by skinning a thousand defenders and dancing round the goalkeeper. There should be no shortage of chances, probably at both ends

Our game somewhat suits the saints. We haven’t got a real target man up top, we don’t use force to bombard our opponents and they can try and nick something with an individual error pressing us high up the pitch. I think they’ll get chances and although not prolific, they aren’t what you’d call poor from set pieces, so Agger and Skrtel need to be alert in order to not concede at least once given the way the system currently exploits us at times defensively. However a quick glance at a Soton forum tells you that although we are the kind of team they’d prefer to play in terms of style, collectively they worry that they’ll lose too many individual battles with the likes of Suarez, Coutinho and Sturridge to concede less than 2 or 3, and given our current riches in front of goal, I agree with them. They may score, but unless they do it first and hold out for a considerable amount of time, I fancy our chances.

It’s going one of two ways for me. We score first and stuff them by three, four goals or so, or they get their goal, keep us behind, and we end up getting punished on the break and lose 2-0 or something. Would put money on a 4-1 victory though :wave
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #323 on: March 16, 2013, 02:34:46 pm »
Thrilled for Ibe, his presence on the bench will be an inspiration for the younger players and it might light a fire under Sterling at the same time.

Our midfield seems a bit short with Allen playing today.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #324 on: March 16, 2013, 02:38:43 pm »
A lot of over confidence from McAteer on LFCTV then. I don't like that. You'd of thought we were playing some no-hopers from the conference the way he's going on. :-\

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: March 16, 2013, 02:42:45 pm »
Schnederlein and Lambert are Reds, aren't they?

Own goals, please!

On a serious note, early goal is crucial here.  If we're clinical early like we were at Wigan or QPR, they could be down and out pretty quickly.  The last thing you want is to concede first and have them thinking they're going to get a massive 3 points to save their season.
King Kenny.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #326 on: March 16, 2013, 02:43:02 pm »
Excited about the game...come in here...lots of negativity...heads towards exit.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: March 16, 2013, 02:43:04 pm »
Come on you reds! Travelling Kop will be on form as always I'm sure  :)
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Danzo

• Main Stander
« Reply #328 on: March 16, 2013, 02:44:45 pm »
Really concerned with the lack of Lucas starting. Can't remember who it was against earlier this season, but we played an incredibly attacking formation against a weaker side and it completely backfired.

Early goal is crucial. Come on redmen.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #329 on: March 16, 2013, 02:44:49 pm »
We can not afford to slip after City messed up today. We simply have to keep the pressure on.

Offline ash2001

• Klop up front, Chan in goal & Milner in defence.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #330 on: March 16, 2013, 02:44:52 pm »
subs are interesting. Very good way of destroying confidence of the rest of senior squad

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: March 16, 2013, 02:44:59 pm »
A win is definitely needed after the blue shite won.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: March 16, 2013, 02:45:33 pm »
Actually I think he played too much considering the time he was out, which was almost for an entire year.
Was referring to Allen, not Lucas :P

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #333 on: March 16, 2013, 02:46:09 pm »
Southampton have conceded 28 first have goals this year, more than any other team.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: March 16, 2013, 02:46:50 pm »
Liking this side... Rodgers feeling bullish perhaps? Lucas struggled a bit when he came back, then slowly slowly came back into things but perhaps dipped a little recently? Wasn't totally on it v Spurs, so makes some sense for me. And the bench is likey likey too with Ibe on it. CSS up front again... excellent.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: March 16, 2013, 02:46:54 pm »
Was referring to Allen, not Lucas :P

Sorry, second that. ;)
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: March 16, 2013, 02:46:56 pm »
At the game now and Lucas went down the tunnel a while ago whilst warming up and came back with compression bandage around his knee. Continued warming up after though. Coutinho and Downing been playing passes amongst each other with Suarez trying to intercept them and feeding it to Sturridge.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #337 on: March 16, 2013, 02:47:22 pm »
subs are interesting. Very good way of destroying confidence of the rest of senior squad

What in good god are you talking about?
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: March 16, 2013, 02:48:01 pm »

What are you going on about?!

Jesus wept it's shambolic in here before, during and after games thesedays!

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #339 on: March 16, 2013, 02:48:08 pm »
Well after the rubbish that City served up, we have no option but to keep the run going and push for 3 points.

Shame Pepe is not back but we just have to deal with it. Otherwise its another attacking line up, which means that we need to expose Sotons dodgy defence, though they are a threat upfront so Skrtel needs to have a good comeback game.

COMON U REDMEN!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #340 on: March 16, 2013, 02:50:47 pm »
I wont be able to see the match, it is my lads first footy match this morning. He is four.

COME ON YOU RED MEN!
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #341 on: March 16, 2013, 02:51:42 pm »
Just win. At all costs. I don't care how, we just need the 3 points.

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #342 on: March 16, 2013, 02:51:45 pm »
Coates and Assaidi were just spotted being given a satchel of snacks before they were buried alive in a box deep in the forest, with a breathing tube for air until they are unearthed in the summer window.  :D
;D. On a serious note, I'm very surprised they are not even on the bench. In particular, Assaidi has been decent each time I saw him play, so I can't understand why he is not given more chances. Probably he does not train hard enough, who knows.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #343 on: March 16, 2013, 02:52:25 pm »
I wont be able to see the match, it is my lads first footy match this morning. He is four.

COME ON YOU RED MEN!

Hopefully you get two good results!!

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #344 on: March 16, 2013, 02:52:26 pm »
Come on lads
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline longball

• scrotum like a letter L
  • Kopite
  • Agora é a hora.
« Reply #345 on: March 16, 2013, 02:52:42 pm »
Midfield should be interesting. Lucas even when he isn't playing well, his positioning is at least usually reliable, something that hasn't been true with Allen for most of the season.

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #346 on: March 16, 2013, 02:53:36 pm »
Come on you Redmen !!!

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #347 on: March 16, 2013, 02:54:24 pm »
Really concerned with the lack of Lucas starting. ............

No Lucas, oh ffs
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #348 on: March 16, 2013, 02:54:28 pm »
Bizarre bench a keeper, a full back and five midfield players.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #349 on: March 16, 2013, 02:55:16 pm »
red flairs out already!!

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #350 on: March 16, 2013, 02:55:40 pm »
red flairs out already!!

Hahaha just saw that

Offline Ronanoman

• Kopite
« Reply #351 on: March 16, 2013, 02:55:58 pm »

COME ON YOU RED MEN!

Do four year olds play with a smaller sized football?

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #352 on: March 16, 2013, 02:56:57 pm »
Whoa, was thinking we perhaps shouldn't start as offensive as we did last week at home. Now Brendan makes it if possible even more front heavy. Will be interesting to see how this works out. Also, exciting with Ibe on the bench, deserved it.

6-0 please!  ::)

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: March 16, 2013, 02:57:13 pm »
Cmon you redmen.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: March 16, 2013, 02:57:54 pm »
suarez got a kiss of ramirez haha

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: March 16, 2013, 02:58:20 pm »
I fear we won't have any control with only two in midfield. Hopefully we'll take the chances that come our way with more direct play on the counter.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Southampton V Liverpool 16th March 15:00 KO Shortish Preview.
« Reply #356 on: March 16, 2013, 02:58:39 pm »

:) I'm not sure Assaidi could survive this without cotton wool.

C'mon you redmen: four-pete!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: March 16, 2013, 02:58:44 pm »
5 years since we last won 5 in a row.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #358 on: March 16, 2013, 03:00:03 pm »
Hopefully today's the day then.

Commentary available in the usual place.