Author Topic: 2013 loan watch  (Read 103575 times)

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
Re: 2013 loan watch
« Reply #560 on: May 4, 2013, 10:45:52 pm »
I wish Carroll would find a few hot streaks, eh?
wot, like for Newcastle 2 seasons ago and us last season?
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #561 on: May 4, 2013, 11:01:59 pm »

He had a hot streak for us? When?
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #562 on: May 4, 2013, 11:04:03 pm »
He had a hot streak for us? When?
I can think of a couple of games, back end of last season. ;)
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: May 4, 2013, 11:04:28 pm »

He had a hot streak last season? What point?

I think his best ever goals to games for us was 3 in 5?

Earth shattering stuff.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: May 4, 2013, 11:06:45 pm »
3 goals in 5 games. Hot streak.

Fucking hell, Robbie put 3 away in less than 5 minutes back in the day.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #565 on: May 4, 2013, 11:07:18 pm »
He had a hot streak last season? What point?

I think his best ever goals to games for us was 3 in 5?

Earth shattering stuff.
Wembley?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #566 on: May 4, 2013, 11:08:47 pm »
I can think of a couple of games, back end of last season. ;)
I wouldn't call that a hot streak, more a case of him climbing out of his form-chasm and showing us he actually had some value as a footballer.
Sturridge has already had two hot 6-month streaks in his career. The first one when he was on loan at Bolton, and the second one under Villas-Boas at Chelsea. I would wait until next season, before proclaiming Sturridge the next big thing. His inconsistency has always been a major problem for him.

Sturridge's one hot streak with us has yielded more goals than Carroll achieved in all of his games with us. That tells you something, whether you consider Sturridge to be streaky or not. When you look at the lack of games he had prior to his Bolton loan, then his sporadic use out of position at Chelsea, can you really piece together a picture suggesting he is an inconsistent player? When utilised correctly, it seems to me that he's consistently at a decent level. Bashing Sturridge doesn't make Carroll stand out as a batter option. If anything, it compounds the idea that Carroll just doesn't fit for us.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #567 on: May 4, 2013, 11:09:00 pm »
3 goals in 5 games. Hot streak.

Fucking hell, Robbie put 3 away in less than 5 minutes back in the day.
Stop frothing at the mouth.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: May 4, 2013, 11:09:46 pm »
Wembley?

What are we arguing here?

I thought we were talking about goals to games?

Rafa.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #569 on: May 4, 2013, 11:10:45 pm »
Cause & causuality.  Welbeck. Discuss.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: May 4, 2013, 11:10:48 pm »
Stop frothing at the mouth.

I presented facts. Stop making up shite.

Rafa.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #571 on: May 4, 2013, 11:11:41 pm »
What are we arguing here?

I thought we were talking about goals to games?
I'm not arguing.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #572 on: May 4, 2013, 11:16:40 pm »
I presented facts. Stop making up shite.
Calm down mate. Andy scored the last minute winner against Everton in the semi final. He came off the bench in the final when Chelsea were taking the absolute piss out of us and single handely turned it round. If for nothing else, you owe that lad fucking big time, ok?

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: May 4, 2013, 11:22:13 pm »
Calm down mate. Andy scored the last minute winner against Everton in the semi final. He came off the bench in the final when Chelsea were taking the absolute piss out of us and single handely turned it round. If for nothing else, you owe that lad fucking big time, ok?

Can we get back to Andy's hot streak?

Rafa.

Offline NGreat

• Kopite
« Reply #574 on: May 4, 2013, 11:24:14 pm »
If for nothing else, you owe that lad fucking big time, ok?

Erm, what?

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: May 4, 2013, 11:25:40 pm »
Erm, what?

God knows how much we owe the likes of King Kenny if we owe Andy Carroll big time.

Rafa.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #576 on: May 4, 2013, 11:42:07 pm »
Ha ha, you two must of been the only wankers sat on your arse in the pub when them goals went in. :lmao

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: May 4, 2013, 11:46:59 pm »

When are we getting a gold plated statue of him outside the ground?
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: May 4, 2013, 11:47:32 pm »
I'm a wanker who doesn't celebrate our goals because I pointed out that Carroll's best goals to games for us was 3 in 5 and it was hardly a hot streak. Someone tell me what I'm missing here please.

Rafa.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: May 4, 2013, 11:50:18 pm »
I'm a wanker who doesn't celebrate our goals because I pointed out that Carroll's best goals to games for us was 3 in 5 and it was hardly a hot streak. Someone tell me what I'm missing here please.

You tried to disagree with someone who doesn't like being disagreed with, so clearly you're a dick.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #580 on: May 4, 2013, 11:50:57 pm »
When are we getting a gold plated statue of him outside the ground?
Stop being silly.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #581 on: May 4, 2013, 11:51:55 pm »
You tried to disagree with someone who doesn't like being disagreed with, so clearly you're a dick.
Here come the hipsters. I'm off.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: May 4, 2013, 11:54:21 pm »
Here come the hipsters. I'm off.

Yep, that's it.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #583 on: May 4, 2013, 11:55:19 pm »
Sturridge has already had two hot 6-month streaks in his career. The first one when he was on loan at Bolton, and the second one under Villas-Boas at Chelsea. I would wait until next season, before proclaiming Sturridge the next big thing. His inconsistency has always been a major problem for him.
I think I know what you're trying to say (let's wait and see how consistent he can be?), but your reasoning is a little flawed. At 23, Sturridge has had two 6 month long hot streaks banging em' in for fun at two separate clubs and he seems to be continuing this for us at the moment. That's not really bad, is it? How many 23 year olds have done that?

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: May 4, 2013, 11:57:19 pm »
Stop being silly.

I'm not the one being silly, like Carroll as a player by all means, make an argument for him coming back even but to say he had a goal scoring streak here or that we owe him massively is mental. He did play really well at the end of last season and he's playing really well again at the end of this but even when he was bang in form for us he wasn't exactly breaking scoring records for us, Sturridge has been far more effective.

"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #585 on: May 5, 2013, 12:02:32 am »
Yep, that's it.
You wouldn't know your Jack Whitham from your Bobby Graham, mate. So let's not go there, eh?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #586 on: May 5, 2013, 12:07:01 am »
I'm not the one being silly, like Carroll as a player by all means, make an argument for him coming back even but to say he had a goal scoring streak here or that we owe him massively is mental. He did play really well at the end of last season and he's playing really well again at the end of this but even when he was bang in form for us he wasn't exactly breaking scoring records for us, Sturridge has been far more effective.

So, the semi final didnt happen? The final didnt happen? Fuckin' ell what planet were you on?

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: May 5, 2013, 12:15:20 am »
You wouldn't know your Jack Whitham from your Bobby Graham, mate. So let's not go there, eh?

Go where? Last I checked you were calling other posters wankers for not agreeing that Carroll is awesome, and I called you on it. Now apparently I'm a hipster of some sort who isn't allowed to respond to your childish posts in any way.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #588 on: May 5, 2013, 12:33:12 am »
Go where? Last I checked you were calling other posters wankers for not agreeing that Carroll is awesome, and I called you on it. Now apparently I'm a hipster of some sort who isn't allowed to respond to your childish posts in any way.
Yes, I called fellow posters wankers for not thinking Andy Carroll is awesome. (In your little hipster world).
Now, how did you feel when Andy scored a last minute winning goal against Everton in the Semi Final of the FA Cup? How did you feel when, as we were getting fucking embarrassed by Chelsea in the FA Cup final, Andy came on and fucking knocked ten kinds of shite out of them, they were pleading for the whistle? I felt fucking brilliant, meself like.

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: May 5, 2013, 12:36:50 am »
Yes, I called fellow posters wankers for not thinking Andy Carroll is awesome. (In your little hipster world).
Now, how did you feel when Andy scored a last minute winning goal against Everton in the Semi Final of the FA Cup? How did you feel when, as we were getting fucking embarrassed by Chelsea in the FA Cup final, Andy came on and fucking knocked ten kinds of shite out of them, they were pleading for the whistle? I felt fucking brilliant, meself like.

How did you feel after all the shite performances he put in for us?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #590 on: May 5, 2013, 12:39:49 am »
Gutted. But there wasnt one game when Carroll was shite and the rest of the team wasnt.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #591 on: May 5, 2013, 12:42:18 am »
and let me ask you, how did YOU feel when Carroll didnt play and we got twatted?

Bellamy,Suarez, Maxi, Gerrard, Kuyt.
How many times did we play that combination and not win?
« Last Edit: May 5, 2013, 12:48:01 am by Lenin »

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: May 5, 2013, 12:50:58 am »
So, the semi final didnt happen? The final didnt happen? Fuckin' ell what planet were you on?

Two games isn't a streak, a streak implies at least 4 or 5 games.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #593 on: May 5, 2013, 12:52:46 am »
Two games isn't a streak, a streak implies at least 4 or 5 games.
Blackburn

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: May 5, 2013, 12:54:33 am »
and let me ask you, how did YOU feel when Carroll didnt play and we got twatted?

Disappointed.

Those two matches at Wembley doesn't mean i suddenly want him leading our line in a Brendan Rodgers team. I think he'd be pretty shite playing in our team.

Gutted. But there wasnt one game when Carroll was shite and the rest of the team wasnt.

There were plenty. You're clearly not thinking hard enough.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: May 5, 2013, 12:56:25 am »

Brilliant also. Three other moments spring to mind too:

- The first time Carroll dominated a game, when he scored a screamer and a brilliant header against City and we absolutely trounced them.
- Carroll knocking down a header for Suarez to score a tap in for the first time, the beginnings of what everyone hoped would be an amazing partnership.
- Stevie coming back from injury (I think) and delivering the crosses to Carroll that we'd hoped Downing and Adam would, giving him a few brilliant scoring chances in a single game.

I wanted Carroll to succeed, and I was hoping that over the course of last season Kenny would improve his positioning and get him attacking the ball in the same way he did before he signed for us.

He didn't, and aside from maybe a month where he played well his positioning was terrible, his strength on the ball wasn't great and his flick-ons were rarely aimed at a player, just in the rough direction of up the field. His headers at goal were still good but he was often positioned so far away from the goal, anything from 12-18 yards that no amount of power or accuracy was ever going to result in a header going in. He has a hammer of a left foot too, but again his shots were often from so far out that they rarely got through the players in front of him.

At West Ham his scoring has improved, but is that because he's better than he was at Liverpool, or because he's playing in a team built to suit him again?

I'm not saying he's the worst player to keep, I won't slag him off if we do, and if he scores a load for us then fantastic, but I still remember the player who looked like he was on a different pitch to players like Maxi and Suarez for most of his time here, and I don't see him working well with any of our attackers bar maybe Gerrard (who works well with everyone) and Enrique.

Given that we play with one striker, that we already have at least two strikers I'd rather we played ahead of him, and that plenty of other areas in the team lack depth, he's probably the one player we can sell for a decent amount, save a lot of wages on, and do without.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #596 on: May 5, 2013, 12:57:14 am »

There were plenty. You're clearly not thinking hard enough.

I'm thick, name me some?

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: May 5, 2013, 12:59:35 am »
What a car crash this thread is turning into.

Carroll barely had a hot streak but he scored some important goals for us (Blackburn away, The derby (x2,) City, and almost got us into extra time against Chelsea (still reckon that was in.))

He's doing well at West Ham because they've always played to a target mans strengths, he'd also do well at the likes of Villa who get the best out of target men and also the likes of Norwich.

Personally think he'd do well coming back here, he's a different option and against the likes of Stoke, West Brom, Arsenal (mainly because of Mertesacker and Vermaelen) he'd do wonders, especially with Coutinho's vision and ability to put a chance on a plate for those around him.

How's Spearing been getting on at Bolton?

Offline Dani LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #598 on: May 5, 2013, 01:00:59 am »
I think I know what you're trying to say (let's wait and see how consistent he can be?), but your reasoning is a little flawed. At 23, Sturridge has had two 6 month long hot streaks banging em' in for fun at two separate clubs and he seems to be continuing this for us at the moment. That's not really bad, is it? How many 23 year olds have done that?

Mate, we have signed both Torres and Suarez at the age of 23, and they were far more established players than Sturridge at the time of their arrival at LFC. The talent of Daniel Sturridge was never in doubt. We have been aware of that talent since his days at Man City. It was his lack of consistency that has prevented him from establishing himself as a top player in the Premier League so far. Like every LFC supporter, I will be extremely happy if Sturridge finally finds that consistency, but like I have said, lets not put such a burden on his shoulders, yet.

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: May 5, 2013, 01:09:15 am »
Blackburn

Prior to his 3 goal 'streak' (he didn't score again for the rest of the season) he hadn't scored in 9 games. In fairness I think he missed a couple of those through injury. Hardly prolific is it?

From the January onwards last season he scored 6 goals in all competitions. That's 29 games, granted he did struggle with injuries so even taking 10 games off that, 6 goals in 19 games? Starting more often than not? That's not good.