Author Topic: Sony PlayStation 4  (Read 508944 times)

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
Re: Sony PlayStation 4
« Reply #8360 on: December 28, 2018, 10:31:00 am »
Tell me about it   :D

a good position to be in mind, having a whole library to choose from instead of waiting for the next big release is great, I am currently playing Shadow of War and loving it, all for £15, there's banging sales every now and then and also sometimes the free PSN games are solid.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #8361 on: December 31, 2018, 03:03:02 pm »
I got a PS4 with Spider-Man last month, so I am well behind on the generation. I actually wanted it for RDR2, which I now have. But, what are the games of the generation so far? Maybe your top five or so? I'm not really into sports games or driving games.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8362 on: December 31, 2018, 03:34:37 pm »
I got a PS4 with Spider-Man last month, so I am well behind on the generation. I actually wanted it for RDR2, which I now have. But, what are the games of the generation so far? Maybe your top five or so? I'm not really into sports games or driving games.

All of the Witcher games but PS4 only has the last one,great game.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8363 on: December 31, 2018, 04:28:39 pm »

Get Bloodborne.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8364 on: December 31, 2018, 05:48:36 pm »
God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us remastered (especially if you've never played the original) Uncharted 4

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8365 on: December 31, 2018, 06:47:09 pm »
God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us remastered (especially if you've never played the original) Uncharted 4

I completely agree with Up here and I would throw in Destiny 2 as well.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #8366 on: December 31, 2018, 07:04:48 pm »
I'm a new PS4 owner like yourself so have to catch up on the exclusives but I've had the Xbox One since release - as others have said, The Witcher 3 is absolutely incredible. In fact only RDR2 is near it on this generation, in terms of what I have played (I haven't played God of War or Spiderman yet).

If you don't have GTA 5 for the previous generation, it's worth a buy too.

Fallout 4 is good too but not on the level of the above. You'll get it cheap though and it's worth a play.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #8367 on: December 31, 2018, 09:57:29 pm »
Thank you all for the suggestions, I’ll be bargain hunting soon. Happy new year :wave
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8368 on: January 3, 2019, 02:37:14 pm »
Got a new controller yesterday as the old one was tatty. Charged it up as instructed but it wouldn't pair with the PS4, I did everything Google suggests to fix the problem but to no avail, assumed it had to be faulty so took it back this morning as exchanged it for another one..... but this one is doing the same  :no

The light bar flashes 6 times (white) when you press the PS button and that's it, anyone had the same or any suggestions?

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8369 on: January 3, 2019, 03:21:34 pm »
Got a new controller yesterday as the old one was tatty. Charged it up as instructed but it wouldn't pair with the PS4, I did everything Google suggests to fix the problem but to no avail, assumed it had to be faulty so took it back this morning as exchanged it for another one..... but this one is doing the same  :no

The light bar flashes 6 times (white) when you press the PS button and that's it, anyone had the same or any suggestions?

Are you using the same wire?
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Online LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8370 on: January 3, 2019, 03:59:28 pm »
Are you using the same wire?

I am, and the more I read, the more I think it's the cable. Using a standard USB cable, not a Sony cable, I've read in a couple of places that the official cable is wired differently and is necessary for pairing.

Edit - just found this and it's worked, https://randocity.com/2015/07/31/how-to-pair-your-ps4-controller-wirelessly/  no lead needed  :)
« Last Edit: January 3, 2019, 04:10:15 pm by LanceLink!!!!! »

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8371 on: January 3, 2019, 06:06:40 pm »
I am, and the more I read, the more I think it's the cable. Using a standard USB cable, not a Sony cable, I've read in a couple of places that the official cable is wired differently and is necessary for pairing.

Edit - just found this and it's worked, https://randocity.com/2015/07/31/how-to-pair-your-ps4-controller-wirelessly/  no lead needed  :)

That's why I asked. I've had that problem before and it turned out to be the wire and not the actual controller that was the problem.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #8372 on: January 5, 2019, 07:55:50 pm »
So need some help with regards to ps plus.

I am the 'onwner' of the PS4 and have added my daughter under the family member process. I have also bought ps plus, but it's attached to my account. My daughter has attempted to download some free 'thing' for the Fortnite game but we keep getting an error message that says she needs ps plus, however she also has the plants Vs zombies game where she has been able to play on line with up to 24 players, in order to do this you need ps plus...so I am a little confused as to whether she has ps plus or not. The ps plus icon is only appearing against my name.

Would appreciate any help on this as I am really confused.

Thanks all

Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #8373 on: January 5, 2019, 11:11:55 pm »
I'd also be interested in this... My missus created a profile so she can play Red Dead, but I don't know if she can do other stuff without buying a separate PS+ membership. Pretty sure it's no issue on the Xbox but I only got my PS4 at Christmas.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8374 on: January 5, 2019, 11:47:32 pm »
If you only have one PS4, it will be nominated as your ‘Primary’ console. This means that any other users on the console can share access to your games and subscriptions.

If you have an additional console not nominated as your ‘Primary’ one then only your user account can access games and subscriptions.

As for the Fortnite DLC, download it on your account and she will have access to it.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #8375 on: January 6, 2019, 09:08:53 am »
Cheers Graeme. Yep only got one PS4. Will give the fortnite download a try the way you suggest..
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #8376 on: January 6, 2019, 03:20:24 pm »

I too am late to the party. Sold my last console (Xbox360) before I moved overseas to live in Bali in 2013. I told myself I was giving up gaming but then I ended up buying a PSP to kill the long flights and was smashing through the classic Resi's and Tomb Raiders. Got the bug back, so got a PS4 for Christmas!

I have just started The Last of Us Remastered, i never played the original. Really looking forward to it. I also bought (on friends recomendations) Resi 0,4,7 (we're both big Resi fans), Horizon Zero Dawn, RDR2, Far Cry 3, and 2 Tomb Raiders.

a few hours of gaming lies ahead!
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8377 on: January 6, 2019, 07:03:23 pm »
Thank you all for the suggestions, I’ll be bargain hunting soon. Happy new year :wave
There's a holiday sale going on at the online PS Store if you're not aware. As for games, very hard to go wrong with God of War and Witcher 3. Bloodborne is also fantastic, but it's best if you watch a few videos/reviews on it first to see if it's a game you'd enjoy.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8378 on: January 6, 2019, 07:48:17 pm »
I too am late to the party. Sold my last console (Xbox360) before I moved overseas to live in Bali in 2013. I told myself I was giving up gaming but then I ended up buying a PSP to kill the long flights and was smashing through the classic Resi's and Tomb Raiders. Got the bug back, so got a PS4 for Christmas!

I have just started The Last of Us Remastered, i never played the original. Really looking forward to it. I also bought (on friends recomendations) Resi 0,4,7 (we're both big Resi fans), Horizon Zero Dawn, RDR2, Far Cry 3, and 2 Tomb Raiders.

a few hours of gaming lies ahead!

All good choices them mate

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8379 on: January 19, 2019, 08:53:57 am »
The Witcher 3 was cheap so finally bought it. Have heard it been mentioned for years as one of the best RPGs so decided to give it a go. Recently replayed Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 and needed a modern RPG experience, after Fallout76 let me down big time.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8380 on: January 30, 2019, 05:09:41 pm »
PS+ games for February:

For Honor (PS4)
Hitman (PS4)
Divekick (PS3, PS Vita)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
Gunhouse (PS4, PS Vita)
Rogue Aces (PS4, PS Vita)

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8381 on: February 6, 2019, 12:17:00 pm »
PS+ games for February:

For Honor (PS4)
Hitman (PS4)
Divekick (PS3, PS Vita)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
Gunhouse (PS4, PS Vita)
Rogue Aces (PS4, PS Vita)

Looking forward to playing Hitman

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8382 on: February 6, 2019, 03:57:50 pm »
Hitman is excellent. Was my GOTY when it came out

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #8383 on: February 7, 2019, 08:50:51 am »
Last month where PS3 and Vita games included in the PS+ downloads

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8384 on: February 7, 2019, 12:42:37 pm »
Last month where PS3 and Vita games included in the PS+ downloads

Yeah, they are every month.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8385 on: February 7, 2019, 12:43:41 pm »
Yeah, they are every month.

Not from Next month

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/11/playstation-plus-will-stop-making-ps3-and-vita-games-for-free-in-march/

The offset to this is that your cloud storage for save games will increase from 10GB to 100GB

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8386 on: February 7, 2019, 12:51:53 pm »
Not from Next month

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/11/playstation-plus-will-stop-making-ps3-and-vita-games-for-free-in-march/

The offset to this is that your cloud storage for save games will increase from 10GB to 100GB

Ohhhhhh, I thought it was a question. As in 'last month, were the PS3 and Vita games free?'.

My bad, misread it.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8387 on: February 7, 2019, 09:18:30 pm »
Can’t wait for Sekiro in March! Probably my most anticipated game this year.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8388 on: February 8, 2019, 09:19:56 am »
Tetris Effect free to play this weekend apparently.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8389 on: February 8, 2019, 09:27:32 am »
Can’t wait for Sekiro in March! Probably my most anticipated game this year.

Yeah it looks good. I've set myself a challenge of only buying a handful of games at release this year, otherwise I'll pick them up second hand or in deals. Think this will be my first.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8390 on: March 17, 2019, 09:01:09 pm »
Something weird has happened to my PSN profile. It says I’ve only ever played 10 games but it still has all my trophies and the missing games on the trophies list too.

It only happened this morning and has stayed like that is it anything to worry about?

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8391 on: March 18, 2019, 08:17:08 am »
Does anybody have Playstation Support UK number by any chance? I’ve searched on google for ages and can’t find it anywhere.

It’s still the same showing 10 games on my profile I don’t know if it’s a case of deleting and reinstalling the games that aren’t showing on there but I want to speak to them first just incase it’s something more sinister.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8392 on: March 18, 2019, 09:45:19 am »
Does anybody have Playstation Support UK number by any chance? I’ve searched on google for ages and can’t find it anywhere.

It’s still the same showing 10 games on my profile I don’t know if it’s a case of deleting and reinstalling the games that aren’t showing on there but I want to speak to them first just incase it’s something more sinister.

If your on Twitter try here...

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/support-services/assisted-support/playstation-twitter-support---ask-playstation-uk--askpsuk/

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8394 on: March 18, 2019, 11:31:45 am »
Last night when I went on my PS4, it said my lad had played VR PlayRoom for the first time, timed an hour earlier even though he hadn’t been on the PS4, nor has he ever launched that game. Random glitch or has someone used his account?

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8395 on: March 18, 2019, 06:17:24 pm »
020 3538 2665.

That’s the number for support if anyone ever needs it.

I spoke to them and they basically told me to reinstall every game that’s missing as they don’t have an explanation as to why it’s happened.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8396 on: April 11, 2019, 02:03:54 pm »
Should be able to change your PSN name from tomorrow if you're in Europe.  The US guys get it today.

Finally.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8397 on: April 11, 2019, 03:25:46 pm »
You can make your 1st change free. After that it's £7.99 (£3.99 if you have PS+)

Heard some horror stories about people losing account details, trophies and purchases when changing so there is some risk

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8398 on: April 13, 2019, 04:17:59 pm »
I don’t like this name changing thing. I love playing against Xx_mEssIROnalDo_Xx and turkish_GOD_KING knowing that they are now probably in their late twenties. Also, skaterbOii87 and COD-MAESTRO-HEADSHOTZZZ-95 will disappear forever

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8399 on: April 14, 2019, 10:02:57 am »
I don’t like this name changing thing. I love playing against Xx_mEssIROnalDo_Xx and turkish_GOD_KING knowing that they are now probably in their late twenties. Also, skaterbOii87 and COD-MAESTRO-HEADSHOTZZZ-95 will disappear forever
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.