Author Topic: Preview - QPR vs Liverpool, Sunday 30th December, 4pm  (Read 54478 times)

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
Re: Preview - QPR vs Liverpool, Sunday 30th December, 4pm
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2012, 11:39:51 am »
Yeah - that result against West Ham proved we have zero mental strength  :butt

Their best player went off and the game changed. Let's all celebrate managing to come from behind once and ignore the umpteen examples of us being mentally weak.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2012, 12:14:14 pm »
our record at Loftus Rd is pretty dire as far as I can remember...cant recall our last victory there

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2012, 12:42:00 pm »
our record at Loftus Rd is pretty dire as far as I can remember...cant recall our last victory there
It's not that bad, plus last year was the first time we've played in something 15 years in the League. Think your still having nightmares over the Milk Cup Semi in 86 like the rest of us. 

It was them plastic pitch days mainly we hated going there.

Since 1969 we've played 21, Won 12,Drawn 4 and Lost 5.   So not that bad.

Suarez is a slight doubt with Ankle injury but should play.  Expected he'd have some kind of knock after playing the Rugby team.

"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2012, 12:49:58 pm »
It's not that bad, plus last year was the first time we've played in something 15 years in the League. Think your still having nightmares over the Milk Cup Semi in 86 like the rest of us. 

It was them plastic pitch days mainly we hated going there.

Since 1969 we've played 21, Won 12,Drawn 4 and Lost 5.   So not that bad.

Suarez is a slight doubt with Ankle injury but should play.  Expected he'd have some kind of knock after playing the Rugby team.

still having nightmares after last seasons game there...remember playing Fulham back in the 02/03 season i think there too and that lad with the fecking Zoro mask celebration scoring the winner, mind you i scored a cracking free kick that day

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2012, 01:00:23 pm »
Had forgotten this fixture last year was the high point of Coates' season with that wonder strike.  Too bad we screwed him in the end with the total collapse. 

This game and the Bolton loss IMO were two key losses contributing to the demise of Kenny.  The three game losing streak in between didn't help either.

I'm seeing 1-1.
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Bruce88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2012, 02:15:07 pm »
Win this and it's 4 wins in 6?

Thats 2 ppg, comfortably top 4 form

The world may not be ending

See, this is what I mean, stop it. There is NO point in talking about the top 4. We're in the same situation we were the last couple of years, our squad is NOT good enough for a CL spot and it will take more than some new players to fix that. Is that so hard to understand? It will be a challenge to end in a EL spot, a CL spot is naive. No offence ofcourse.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2012, 03:36:21 pm »
Come On Redmen
Getting a bit sick of the emotional see saws! Need to start a string of a few results before going to OT
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2012, 04:35:26 pm »
Can we shut the board down if we don't win?  Not sure I have the emotional strength to argue with anymore kneejerkers.

Anyway... it goes without saying that we should be expecting a performance from the players regardless of the result.  I have no real comments about who we should play.  We just simply need a win.

Offline TXRed

• Anny Roader
  • Just a Bible-thumpin' Liverpool-lovin' Yank
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2012, 04:37:29 pm »
We'll thump 'em 3-0. This team rebounds pretty well, and QPR are horrible. Think Suarez is going to have a field day with that back four and if he puts enough shots on goal, I bet Green gifts us one.  ;D

Would like to see Henderson, Allen, and/or Sahin back in the midfield with Sterling starting. Shelvey will be on the bench for this one, and it wouldn't surprise me to see one of Gerrard/Lucas on the bench as well. But that just might be drugs kicking in. Really interested to see what BR does with the lineup for this one, as we've had the same lineup for the past two games. Think it's 100% assured that it won't be the same for this match.

Offline TXRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2012, 04:39:04 pm »
Can we shut the board down if we don't win?  Not sure I have the emotional strength to argue with anymore kneejerkers.

Haha no kidding.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • My blog
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2012, 04:39:31 pm »
if we don't win this im going to be really really cross.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2012, 04:41:25 pm »
if we don't win this im going to be really really cross.

I'll put the Samaritans on standby mate.

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2012, 04:47:50 pm »
Well, we have put ourselves in a right pickle.  Not winning at Stoke is hardly the Mayan apocolypse, but the manner in which we played demands an immediate response.  Hopefully, QPR will be an ever gracious host and roll over and play dead.

What ingenious goal will we concede this week?

Who will step up and redeem themselves after the Boxing Day debacle?  Will Allen return to the lineup next to Lucas?  Will Shelvey get a rest?

How about returning to Sterling-Suarez-Suso up front? 

The lads need to regain the forward momentum.  Hopefully we can get an early goal and go from there.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2012, 05:05:30 pm »
3 points needed.

Fear is we won't get it as we always bend over for troubled teams

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2012, 05:34:11 pm »
going by the yo-yo then we win or at least get a draw
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2012, 05:37:01 pm »
Think this will be a draw.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline arcticus

• No massive asset. Doesn't know the difference between the 1st and 31st. Watched the Arsenal game sat in a pool of shite.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2012, 05:37:26 pm »
If we lose or draw to QPR, I'll never post in this forum ever.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2012, 05:38:58 pm »
That might soften the blow for the rest of us ;D

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2012, 05:47:30 pm »

Your brave, QPR will fancy playing us right now.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2012, 06:07:04 pm »
I remember us winning there around 1992/93, 1-0 on a Monday night thanks to Ronny Rosenthal.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2012, 06:14:19 pm »
was in london to watch the "Rs" vs aston villa a couple of weeks ago. it was the worse direst football id ever seen. i mean it ended in a one all draw, but the fact that both teams scored was a miracle. so when it came to playing villa at home i knew it would be an easy win. that thought me.

now playing qpr im not so sure. they are terrible, how am i even worrying about this? have we got that bad? we should win this.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2012, 06:15:48 pm »
I'll put the Samaritans on standby mate.
thanks man.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2012, 07:12:04 pm »
Their best player went off and the game changed. Let's all celebrate managing to come from behind once and ignore the umpteen examples of us being mentally weak.
And since when has that prevented us from losing a match. That's a myth., anyway, and we could equally argue that we'd been weakened by the injury to Enrique.

On to this match, I hope we freshen the personnel as I think we're getting lethargic and complacent.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2012, 07:49:43 pm »

ha ha them kneejerkers have been around for 23 years or so.

Hate it when people who are concerned about things get called kneejerkers.

Anyway to QPR - Must win game - no excuses and thats not me being a kneejerker.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2012, 08:02:33 pm »

Anyway... it goes without saying that we should be expecting a performance from the players regardless of the result.  I have no real comments about who we should play.  We just simply need a win.

Go and do something else then. Or is it all about you? People have got massive concerns right now about the state our club is in and that includes how the manager is performing (I'll assume that's what you're alluding to). Discussing these issues on a fan's website doesn't make them 'knee-jerkers'.

Offline TXRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2012, 08:04:39 pm »
Go and do something else then. Or is it all about you? People have got massive concerns right now about the state our club is in and that includes how the manager is performing (I'll assume that's what you're alluding to). Discussing these issues on a fan's website doesn't make them 'knee-jerkers'.

It does when they call for the manager's head. And before you say that didn't happen, yes it did. On a number of occasions right after the Stoke loss.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2012, 08:09:33 pm »
It does when they call for the manager's head. And before you say that didn't happen, yes it did. On a number of occasions right after the Stoke loss.

Maybe they've held that opinion for a while and were simply re-iterating it. If that's their opinion you can either agree or disagree with it. Maybe they feel they have very valid reasons for holding it, who are you to label them knee-jerkers?

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2012, 08:35:51 pm »
Well, we have put ourselves in a right pickle.  Not winning at Stoke is hardly the Mayan apocolypse, but the manner in which we played demands an immediate response.  Hopefully, QPR will be an ever gracious host and roll over and play dead.

What ingenious goal will we concede this week?

Who will step up and redeem themselves after the Boxing Day debacle?  Will Allen return to the lineup next to Lucas?  Will Shelvey get a rest?

How about returning to Sterling-Suarez-Suso up front? 

The lads need to regain the forward momentum.  Hopefully we can get an early goal and go from there.

erm early goal is not necessarily a good thing, I think we have tried that one before and it didn't work
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2012, 08:46:29 pm »

That's still not kneejerkering though. As they has to be a reason why they're doing that. 

If some what to call for the managers head then thats up to them.

I believe in supporting the manager but  it would be a lie to say I am not concerned and I don't believe anyone who say they aren't.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2012, 08:53:28 pm »

If some want to call for the managers head then thats up to them.
Not on here.

Offline Skrtels Head

• looks uncannily like London Planetarium
  • Kopite
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2012, 09:10:22 pm »
Let's just hope they roll over and die like their neighbours Fulham........ They will probably have learnt a few lessons from watching Stoke and Villa batter us though I reckon...... I really don't know what to expect........  :-\
Whats that on your lip? Is it a mustache or is it SHIT !

Offline stardorman

• Very gullible, please avoid showing him photoshops
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • working in a coal mine, going down, down, down..
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2012, 09:11:48 pm »
The 2 late winners by Ronnie Rosy & Barnesy lead me to believe that a sweeping left footed winner in injurytime by the much maligned Stewarty 'Shush' Downing is on the cards

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2012, 09:12:36 pm »
Not arsed about possession percentages, total shots, open goals missed, refereeing decisions, youngsters playing, midfield's inability to do defensive work, who we'll buy in January, where we'll be in 3 years time, what players don't suit 'The System', what 'arry has had for breakfast, lunch or dinner, I don't even care if Coates is sitting in the stand.

Anything less than 3 points is an unmitigated disaster, and totally inexcusable. There will be no positives, should we get anything less than 3 points, so don't try to spin any.

Offline Trailer_Trash

• Kemlynite
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2012, 09:12:49 pm »
That's still not kneejerkering though. As they has to be a reason why they're doing that. 

If some what to call for the managers head then thats up to them.

I believe in supporting the manager but  it would be a lie to say I am not concerned and I don't believe anyone who say they aren't.

Doesn't 'knee-jerk' just refer to the short amount of time that hass passed between stimulus and response?

Thats why it is a knee jerk reaction. Half way through a season where virtually all were pleased to hear what he had to say at the start and agreed with his plans. Half a season.

Being concerned isn't demanding change. Its being concerned.

If people are demanding change now, they are without doubt knee-jerking. they have no idea how Rodgers' tenure is going to play out. Neither do i or anyone else. Thats why i can't imagine how anyone has been able to formulate so called 'valid reasons' for wanting him out so soon. (i know you weren't making that point, i just find the whole thing really frustrating)

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2012, 09:15:00 pm »
Hope QPR don't win otherwise Redknapp will be hailed as some football god. The thought of it makes me shudder   :sad
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2012, 09:17:42 pm »
Maybe they've held that opinion for a while and were simply re-iterating it. If that's their opinion you can either agree or disagree with it. Maybe they feel they have very valid reasons for holding it, who are you to label them knee-jerkers?

Indeed. It's hardly knee jerking when we've been so bad.  I think you'd have to be blinf not to be concerned at the moment. There's not a single part of our team functioning. I don't dismiss people for their optimism any more than I do others for their pessimism. As a recent post wisely said, nobody has a clue whether Rodgers has what it takes.

Kenny got a season, Rodgers deserves the same imo. If come the end we're still languishing in the bottom half of the table and all we've got is cookery anecdotes then I'll be calling for his head. We are not an experiment, a plaything or a project for an inexperienced manager to learn on the job.

Progress is the goal, nothing less. I'm unhappy because I've seen very little thus far. I want to see something forming, a plan to fit our team. I don't want excuses about having the wrong players and having to replace them all.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:22:55 pm by Cid »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2012, 09:29:38 pm »
Doesn't 'knee-jerk' just refer to the short amount of time that hass passed between stimulus and response?

Thats why it is a knee jerk reaction. Half way through a season where virtually all were pleased to hear what he had to say at the start and agreed with his plans. Half a season.

Being 10th, not improving and concerned is not kneejerkering, mate.

It could be said that anyone who is happy with our current situation have dropped their standards.

I don't agree with anyone calling for the managers head but those concerned are not kneejerkers.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2012, 09:33:27 pm »
Being 10th, not improving and concerned is not kneejerkering, mate.

It could be said that anyone who is happy with our current situation have dropped their standards.

I don't agree with anyone calling for the managers head but those concerned are not kneejerkers.

We're 10th in December though. Table position only counts at the end of the season. If we were 12th in the league but only 5 points off first place in an unbelievably tight league season in December, would that be cause for concern, or would you be happy that we were only 5 points off the top?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2012, 09:33:49 pm »
Anyway back to the game.

This is a big test for the manager. I believe he has to mix things up a bit now - Hendo, Coates, Sterling and even Dani should be coming into consideration for this one.

Maybe its time to bin 4-3-3 as well.

QPR are going to come out fighting. This is going to be a tough match.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2012, 09:36:07 pm »
We're 10th in December though. Table position only counts at the end of the season. If we were 12th in the league but only 5 points off first place in an unbelievably tight league season in December, would that be cause for concern, or would you be happy that we were only 5 points off the top?

No mate the table never lies. We're we're where we're at - midtable.

At the end of the season is where we finish but currently is saying"not good enough and we need to improve".