Author Topic: Liverpool v Southampton - Premier League Preview.  (Read 43287 times)

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Re: Liverpool v Southampton - Premier League Preview.
« Reply #200 on: December 1, 2012, 04:24:15 am »
Hasn't Lucas only played 45 minutes of reserve football since returning?
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #201 on: December 1, 2012, 04:55:17 am »
Think we'll struggle, and scrape a win if we win at all. I can also see them scoring, with Lalana and Lambert in good form.

Their defense is absolutely atrocious, but we're not exactly scoring for fun either. Going for a narrow 2-1, although I wouldn't be surprised if it finished 1-1.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #202 on: December 1, 2012, 05:01:33 am »
This is the sort of game we've drawn too often. I'm desperate for a win, and I'm hoping the return of Lucas boosts everyone's morale and energy, both the supporters and the players, and will get us the win.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #203 on: December 1, 2012, 05:10:28 am »
A thoroughly enjoyable read that OP, by the way.

Always wondered about Keegan's time at Liverpool. Obviously way before I started watching, but i notice a lot of people don't associate him with Liverpool much at all.
YWNA

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #204 on: December 1, 2012, 05:12:25 am »
Hasn't Lucas only played 45 minutes of reserve football since returning?

Yeah, 60 I think.

But the team floating around has him as a starter. He's been training for a few weeks.
YWNA

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: December 1, 2012, 05:14:04 am »
Feel like its been ages since Suarez scored. I'm getting spoiled.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #206 on: December 1, 2012, 05:35:44 am »
We'll win 3-0 again but Suarez will pick up his 5th yellow and will miss the west ham game
We all bleed RED!!

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
« Reply #207 on: December 1, 2012, 06:39:39 am »
Is Lucas fit for this?

Offline Sandblast

• Kopite
« Reply #208 on: December 1, 2012, 07:05:45 am »
yes, it seems as if he's starting.
" Don't let your heads drop. We're Liverpool. You're playing for Liverpool. Don't forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them. " Rafael Benitez 25th May 2005

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #209 on: December 1, 2012, 08:15:03 am »
A thoroughly enjoyable read that OP, by the way.

Always wondered about Keegan's time at Liverpool. Obviously way before I started watching, but i notice a lot of people don't associate him with Liverpool much at all.
because of who followed him... :-)
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #210 on: December 1, 2012, 08:15:24 am »
Come on Redmen!
In the main stand for this so can#t wait
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline ScouserBrad21

• Kopite
  • Everton are a small club
« Reply #211 on: December 1, 2012, 08:43:48 am »
Come on Redmen!

You won't be allowed to sing or voice your opinion with all the whoppers sat around you...a quiet afternoon for you. 

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #212 on: December 1, 2012, 08:45:00 am »
Freezing out today. Not sure I can even be arsed with it. I have a feeling another dire draw is on the cards.

Whoopie!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #213 on: December 1, 2012, 08:48:14 am »
Come on Redmen!
You won't be allowed to sing or voice your opinion with all the whoppers sat around you...a quiet afternoon for you.

Fuck that! Sing your heart out top man! Don't allow a fallacy or whoppers to quiet you! Make all the noise you can and have a cracking day!

Freezing out today. Not sure I can even be arsed with it. I have a feeling another dire draw is on the cards.

Whoopie!

Arctic Monkeys here too Andy! Give it a few hours mate, I'm sure the temp will go up a few degrees and by then you'll have warmed to the idea of a few bevvies and watching the mighty reds batter Southampton!
« Last Edit: December 1, 2012, 08:50:16 am by Titi Camara »

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 1, 2012, 08:52:35 am »
Go on and pick a side with the aim of getting bodies in the box so even the likes of Enrique may slide one in with his chest

....Suarez Sterling
Enrique...........Johnson
.........SG..Shelvey
.............Allen
....Agger...Skrtel...Coates
.........Reina

Love to see our wide boys ahead of our CM at least 50% of the time supporting the attack
« Last Edit: December 1, 2012, 08:54:16 am by fowlermagic »
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #215 on: December 1, 2012, 09:03:58 am »

Whoopie!

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 1, 2012, 09:04:16 am »
Go on and pick a side with the aim of getting bodies in the box so even the likes of Enrique may slide one in with his chest

....Suarez Sterling
Enrique...........Johnson
.........SG..Shelvey
.............Allen
....Agger...Skrtel...Coates
.........Reina

Love to see our wide boys ahead of our CM at least 50% of the time supporting the attack

SG and Shelvey starting together? Imho they have proved they struggle to play together in the same side as their natural game tends to be the same these days and they end up tripping over each other!

Reina

Johnson Skrtyl Agger Enrique

Allen Sahin

Suso

Sterling  Suarez  Assaidi

If we need to change the game late on then I would bring on Robbo for Assaidi, Jordan on for Sahin and Stevie for Suso!

Easy this manager lark!  8)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #217 on: December 1, 2012, 09:04:44 am »

Whoopie!

Think positive 4-0

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 1, 2012, 09:08:37 am »

Whoopie!

Think we'll win this one.  We've got Lucas back this game and it'll immediately improve our balance in midfield. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 1, 2012, 09:17:34 am »

Applicable to anywhere in the ground these days the support the team gets from the manager needs to be echoed in the stands and not only when a goal is scored.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 1, 2012, 09:19:46 am »

Whoopie!

You must be a joy to live with! Go to the match and warm yourself up singing, shouting and bouncing worked for me

Offline tyrolean_red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 1, 2012, 09:21:26 am »
Looking at the pictures of the last training and going after the "shirt theory" or whatever it is called, it looks we really are going to see a midfield 4 of Shelvey, Gerrard, Allen and LUCAS :)
Thank you Stevie! It was a pleasure.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #222 on: December 1, 2012, 09:22:59 am »
Just win the fucking thing and hopefully it will kick start a good run of wins to past Christmas and move us nicely up the table.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 1, 2012, 09:30:10 am »

Whoopie!

I'd swear you grow more negative every day.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #224 on: December 1, 2012, 09:32:45 am »
Arctic Monkeys here too Andy! Give it a few hours mate, I'm sure the temp will go up a few degrees and by then you'll have warmed to the idea of a few bevvies and watching the mighty reds batter Southampton!

A battering of Southampton would be most welcome today. Maybe if we can put in a good performance then that win against Wigan will look less like a fluke and more of a sign to come.

I imagine I'll be out a long time after the match if we actually manage a win. Not going to be easy though, Southampton look like they've finally turned it around in recent games. Winning today would be an incredible result.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: December 1, 2012, 09:36:56 am »
Looking at the pictures of the last training and going after the "shirt theory" or whatever it is called, it looks we really are going to see a midfield 4 of Shelvey, Gerrard, Allen and LUCAS :)
Bib theory

Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Shelvey, Agger, Suarez, Johnson, Enrique, Sterling, Skrtel and Reina

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 1, 2012, 09:39:02 am »
A battering of Southampton would be most welcome today. Maybe if we can put in a good performance then that win against Wigan will look less like a fluke and more of a sign to come.

I imagine I'll be out a long time after the match if we actually manage a win. Not going to be easy though, Southampton look like they've finally turned it around in recent games. Winning today would be an incredible result.

From our respective last 3 matches we've picked but 4 points and they've picked up 7! Today looks a far tougher task it would have been a month or so ago.....but if we can't take all 3 points today it will raise some serious questions!

My belief for what it's woirth though?We'll do these and it will be a great day for the red 3/4 of Liverpool!

EDIT: The sun's out! Things are brightening up already!  8)
« Last Edit: December 1, 2012, 09:40:43 am by Titi Camara »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #227 on: December 1, 2012, 09:39:15 am »
Think we'll win this one.  We've got Lucas back this game and it'll immediately improve our balance in midfield. 

Can we afford to play him 90 minutes and in forthcoming games? I'd advise treating him carefully. Last thing we need is for him to immediately get injured and be out for months again. He'll take a few months to get back to where he should be. We should give him that time.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #228 on: December 1, 2012, 09:40:15 am »
From our respective last 3 matches we've picked but 4 points and they've picked up 7! Today looks a far tougher task it would have been a month or so ago.....but if we can't take all 3 points today it will raise some serious questions!

My belief for what it's woirth though?We'll do these and it will be a great day for the red 3/4 of Liverpool!

Really hope you're right mate. Belief starts with results. We need to be getting up that table if only to keep away from the threat of relegation.

Offline ScouserBrad21

• Kopite
« Reply #229 on: December 1, 2012, 09:42:41 am »
3-0 win today; Enrique, Suarez and Lucas...

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: December 1, 2012, 09:43:25 am »
No easy game this today looking at Southamptons last 4 games with 2 wins and 2 draws but confident we can do this today

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: December 1, 2012, 09:45:30 am »
Bib theory

Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Shelvey, Agger, Suarez, Johnson, Enrique, Sterling, Skrtel and Reina

That would suggest a diamond 4 of a midfield?
Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Lucas

Shelvey Allen

Gerrard

Sterling Suarez

Would love Allen + Lucas holding, Shelvey + Gerrard interchanging behind Sterling/Suarez. Finally great to see our 1st choice back 5 - lets hope they keep mistakes to a minimum and we should get the win.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #232 on: December 1, 2012, 10:05:01 am »
I'd swear you grow more negative every day.

Poor results are directly proportional to feelings of negativity. It's not hard to understand.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #233 on: December 1, 2012, 10:06:59 am »
Just got on the train at Euston.

I seem to be in the Southampton fans carriage.

B*llocks.

Online Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 1, 2012, 10:07:59 am »
To all you lucky matchgoers, you are going to have a really good time today. Southampton are in form so they will spray it around (or whatever they're version of that entails - I haven't seen one minute of them since they last played us in the EPL). They can't defend apparently so they will attack ... good because we may well have space to play in today unlike most home games against "smaller" teams. So we will also attack. There is the probability that we will concede but then again there is the possibility of a new Norwich appearing on our horizon, ergo we will score a few today.
So you people will see plenty of action, no Stoke-like bullsh*t tactics.

On top of that you will see the re-appearance of one LL, Lucas Leiva, and the first indication of what a first 11 in the new style will look like. So heaven for all the new tacticians amongst you all.

Most of all you have the opportunity that a good 3/4 of posters here probably will only get once or twice in a season, if not in a lifetime, to go and shout on the team, club, city, people, history. Meet up with mates, go to bars, do the whole ritual. Do you have any idea how lucky you are ?

So get in there and give it socks, shove your moaning and your misery and do yourselves proud today.

Meanwhile i will go visit my siser-in-law and see the new family baby with my own small noisy demanding kids in tow ... Jesus ...Wanna swap ?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: December 1, 2012, 10:10:45 am »
Watching Liverpool these days is certainly very different to what we've been used to.

Can't deny though I've woke up this crisp morning extremely excited and can't wait to make my way up to the ground for a good old traditional 3pm KO.

Southampton resurgence aside, with General Lucas back and Gerrard free to move further forward I have a great feeling about today.

Offline ScouserBrad21

• Kopite
« Reply #236 on: December 1, 2012, 10:14:52 am »

B*llocks.

Join in...Oh when the saints go marching in....

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 1, 2012, 10:15:14 am »
Poor results are directly proportional to feelings of negativity. It's not hard to understand.

Some people watch with perspective.. I wrote off this season as a complete "rebuild" Much more enjoyable watching the team and looking for signs of improvement (Suso/Sterling/Wisdom) etc. etc. Then watching looking for the negatives - I see Skrtel missplace a pass to Reina and think well in time that wont happen it's getting used to the system, others watch it and bemoam a mistake due to being sloppy or lack of focus... Glass half full and it's now nearly Christmas lad :)

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 1, 2012, 10:16:07 am »

B*llocks.

That is indeed b*llocks. Enjoy the game today ! 3 points a must
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #239 on: December 1, 2012, 10:21:00 am »
I hope they come out to attack us - their defence is dodgy to say the least, and I'll feel much more confident we can grab a few goals.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.