Author Topic: Star Wars Universe lastest news  (Read 376713 times)

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: Star Wars Universe lastest news
« Reply #3640 on: February 18, 2022, 10:14:35 am »
Is anybody bothered about this upcoming Andor series? Take one of the least interesting characters from Rogue One (or any of the films for that matter) and make a series about them, seriously?

I don't really care what things are called, I'm more interested in what's going on. it'll be all early rebellion stuff which might be quite interesting in itself.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3641 on: February 18, 2022, 01:30:21 pm »
I don't really care what things are called, I'm more interested in what's going on. it'll be all early rebellion stuff which might be quite interesting in itself.

Well the Mandalorian and Fett series have stood or fell based on the main character (with a little help from their little green sidekick). If Andor is one of a set of main characters it might work, but if he is front and centre like Mando or Fett, I will give it a miss.
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3642 on: February 18, 2022, 01:41:50 pm »
Well the Mandalorian and Fett series have stood or fell based on the main character (with a little help from their little green sidekick). If Andor is one of a set of main characters it might work, but if he is front and centre like Mando or Fett, I will give it a miss.

"supplemental materials" have changed many a character over the years.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3643 on: February 18, 2022, 03:02:14 pm »
I enjoyed Boba Fett, it had its issues but then Star Wars always does. Loved that we got more Mando as well

I'll always watch new Star Wars stuff because I love it. I'll always go back to being a kid when I watch it. Same with the Marvel and DC stuff, takes me back to when I used to watch cartoons and read comics as a kid

If you want to break it down to be more serious then have at it, I treat it as it is and for what it is, a lovely set of stories told in space with some amazing characters and lore

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3644 on: February 18, 2022, 04:52:12 pm »
I enjoyed Boba Fett, it had its issues but then Star Wars always does. Loved that we got more Mando as well

I'll always watch new Star Wars stuff because I love it. I'll always go back to being a kid when I watch it. Same with the Marvel and DC stuff, takes me back to when I used to watch cartoons and read comics as a kid

If you want to break it down to be more serious then have at it, I treat it as it is and for what it is, a lovely set of stories told in space with some amazing characters and lore

I guess if you’re young enough to have seen the prequels as a kid, the new stuff will be a bit of nostalgia. For me, having grown up in the 80s, it’s so removed from the original trilogy that it leaves me cold.

And it’s not about breaking it down or being too serious imo - it’s just bad story-telling and characterisation with a bit of dodgy acting for good measure. If Fett wasnt set in the Star Wars universe, it would’ve bombed.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3645 on: February 18, 2022, 06:03:26 pm »

The younger Mon Mothma actress is in it I think, so there might be a 'higher level' view of the Alliance than just following a single operative about. Although, knowing how these things go, the commander-in-chief of the Alliance probably has time to consult with and issue orders to a lowly grunt. Wouldn't have had this in old 'good' Star Wars!

What's that?

Oh.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3646 on: February 18, 2022, 06:06:17 pm »
I guess if you’re young enough to have seen the prequels as a kid, the new stuff will be a bit of nostalgia.

I think there's a lot in the post-sequel series to appeal to OT fans. I enjoy them (mostly, Fett is a wobble) and have no interest in the prequels or anything SW was doing at that time.

In fact, a lot of what Filoni has done this last decade has redeemed some aspects of the prequels and made them broadly palatable, when I was content before to just jettison the whole lot.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3647 on: February 19, 2022, 12:46:13 am »

They will also have the advantage that there is not a huge amount of back story they have to deal with when it comes to Andor so he can readily be reinvented how they like in this show.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3648 on: February 19, 2022, 01:36:25 am »
They will also have the advantage that there is not a huge amount of back story they have to deal with when it comes to Andor so he can readily be reinvented how they like in this show.

I presume it'll hook into Rebels at some point even if only with the occasional cameo.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3650 on: March 9, 2022, 07:07:28 pm »
Teaser trailer for the Obi-Wan Kenobi series:

https://youtu.be/TWTfhyvzTx0

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3651 on: March 9, 2022, 07:21:30 pm »
Hello there

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3652 on: March 9, 2022, 07:23:38 pm »
looks like a couple of the inqs they used in rebels.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3653 on: March 9, 2022, 07:24:30 pm »
Teaser trailer for the Obi-Wan Kenobi series:

https://youtu.be/TWTfhyvzTx0

Nice one - with an obligatory 'Hello There'... ;)

'Obi-Wan Kenobi | Teaser Trailer | Disney+' (2 minute trailer at the official Star Wars youtube channel):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TWTfhyvzTx0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TWTfhyvzTx0</a>

'Hello there: Get your first look at Ewan McGregor in Obi-Wan Kenobi on EW's April cover':-

https://ew.com/tv/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-ewan-mcgregor-entertainment-weekly-april-2022-cover

Some 'first look' photos : https://ew.com/tv/obi-wan-kenobi-first-look-photos

'5 highlights from the Obi-Wan Kenobi teaser trailer' : www.starwars.com/news/obi-wan-kenobi-teaser-trailer-highlights

and also an official twitter thing; which'll likely be good for news and more trailers etc - https://twitter.com/obiwankenobi

Roll on the 25th May - the real Star Wars Day - for a more civilised time...

« Last Edit: March 9, 2022, 07:35:51 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3654 on: March 9, 2022, 07:31:39 pm »
Oooh. May 25th.
 You'd have thought they have gone 3 weeks earlier.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3655 on: March 9, 2022, 08:10:44 pm »
Oooh. May 25th.

:thumbup
Jurgen YNWA

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #3656 on: March 9, 2022, 08:31:06 pm »
Would have been nice to see Kenobi actually do something in the trailer but ok

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3657 on: March 10, 2022, 04:57:17 am »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3658 on: March 10, 2022, 01:07:36 pm »
Oooh. May 25th.

It'll be the 45th anniversary of the original Star Wars being released on the 25th.

Also the 17th anniversary of Istanbul but I don't think its to commemorate that (be nice if it was).
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3659 on: March 10, 2022, 02:08:12 pm »
I was somewhat blasé on the Obi Wan series as I tend to swerve obvious reminders of the prequels (not that I have anything specific against McGregor or his portrayal of the character). However, seeing the early years of the Inquisitors has totally reeled me in (although the Grand Inquisitor looks really weird from those brief shots). I looked up a list of canonical inquisitors and apart from him, the guy with the wide hat is also from the cartoon, but everybody else seems to be new for this series. I wonder if Sarah Michelle Gellar will cameo as her Inquisitor at some point.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3660 on: March 10, 2022, 02:10:43 pm »
So it seems the desert is becoming Star Wars TV shows go to location like Dr whos quarry.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3661 on: March 10, 2022, 04:00:14 pm »
It's reminded me to finish watching the book of bobba fett . An epsidoe without bobba was ok.

I wonder if desert filming is relatively cheap. Instinctively you'd think not. Bit I guess they aren't forking out on pricey hotels.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3662 on: March 10, 2022, 04:29:18 pm »
It's reminded me to finish watching the book of bobba fett . An epsidoe without bobba was ok.

I wonder if desert filming is relatively cheap. Instinctively you'd think not. Bit I guess they aren't forking out on pricey hotels.

A lot of the filming for The Mandalorian was done on a virtual set, I'd guess the desert is a good fit for it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Hjb-AqMD-a4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Hjb-AqMD-a4</a>

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3663 on: March 10, 2022, 08:54:16 pm »
So it seems the desert is becoming Star Wars TV shows go to location like Dr whos quarry.

"If there's an untelevised centre of the galaxy you're on the planet that it's farthest from"

I do get the repeated returns to Tatooine. It's seen (even briefly) or mentioned in all of the original or prequel movies, including being the first place we see. Even from early materials, it's one of the more fleshed out planets in the galaxy and is about as iconic a Star Wars locale that exists. I don't agree with it entirely, but there's a certain shorthand language to Star Wars that reduces the chance of casual fans not having any idea what's going on.

At least in this instance it's entirely warranted, Obi-Wan would have had a hell of a job keeping an eye on Luke from Dathomir.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3664 on: March 11, 2022, 08:30:25 am »
Really enjoying Mando at the minute, up to the middle of season 2 and I do have to agree with what Claus posted in here about him going on ubisoft missions every episode haha.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3665 on: March 11, 2022, 09:41:55 am »
Really looking forward to this.

Love Star Wars stuff

Me nerd much :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3666 on: March 11, 2022, 11:04:06 am »
They could put Duel of the Fates over a video of me putting out the bins this morning and it would look epic.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3667 on: March 11, 2022, 04:50:44 pm »
They could put Duel of the Fates over a video of me putting out the bins this morning and it would look epic.

Lolz. That’s very true.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3668 on: March 11, 2022, 07:53:29 pm »

Pretty sure Spurs are only seen as a 'big' club because they play that before kick off.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3669 on: March 11, 2022, 10:54:20 pm »
Glad to know some one else finds that piece of music amazing. I assume it's a Williams score. He's done some iconic stuff (jaws?) But that is definitely one of my favourites.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3670 on: March 11, 2022, 11:05:23 pm »
Glad to know some one else finds that piece of music amazing. I assume it's a Williams score. He's done some iconic stuff (jaws?) But that is definitely one of my favourites.

Yeah it is Williams, the Obi Wan trailer also uses Battle of the Heroes from Revenge of The Sith. As patchy as the prequels were Williams sound tracks were all still top draw.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3671 on: March 12, 2022, 12:18:23 am »

He has an incredible body of work overall, but his Star Wars compositions alone make him a legend. An amazing collection of themes:

Star Wars Main Title
Binary Sunset (The Force Theme)
Princess Leia's Theme
Cantina Band
Throne Room
The Imperial March
Yoda's Theme
Han Solo & The Princess
The Emperor
Parade of the Ewoks
Luke & Leia
Ewok Celebration
Duel of the Fates
Anakin's Theme
The Droid Invasion
Across the Stars
Battle of the Heroes
Anakin's Dark Deeds
Anakin's Betrayal
Rey's Theme
March of the Resistance
The Jedi Steps
The Resistance is Reborn
The Spark
The Rise of Skywalker
Anthem of Evil
The Adventures of Han

He's writing a theme for the Obi-Wan series as well.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3672 on: March 12, 2022, 03:53:12 pm »
Obi Wan trailer looks bloody good but guess that's about as good as it gets. Fingers crossed as heard how great the Mandalorian was for months then eventually got a chance to see it and after the 4th or 5th episode lost interest. The 8 year old that fell in love with the original movies is long gone  especially when the past 20 years Lucas released CGI laden drivel with awful storylines and uninspiring acting.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3673 on: March 18, 2022, 10:52:37 am »
Enjoying Boba Fett but that biker gang is ridiculous and jarring.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #3674 on: March 18, 2022, 11:08:07 am »

You're just jealous

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3675 on: March 18, 2022, 02:26:53 pm »

Yep. I thought at first... that it may be a plot point for later on in the series...

Spoiler
... but sadly no.

These young kids with little-to-no money, no work, no future, and no trust or belief in a future... on a desert planet where water as a commodity is shown to be both scarce and incredibly expensive... somehow also have new and shiny and modes of transport... that would require lots of water and money to keep running, clean and shiny as that. I mean, we've already established in the Star Wars universe that 'sand is course, rough, irritating, and that it gets everywhere' ;)

The colours and 'vibrancy' of the mopeds was meant to be some sort of homage / fan service to George and his American Graffiti film - but the newness, 'shinyness' and vibrant colours just didn't suit or vibe with the TBoBF story, and for many seemed to pull them out of that story.

Which is a bit of a shame, as there'd be nothing wrong or ill-fitting if TBoBF had shown showing a young subculture of mods having dirty, scuffed up mopeds - yet also showing them to be something the mods are proud of and is a part of their identity - but simply couldn't afford to keep their machines pristine and shiny looking...
[close]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 10:26:57 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3676 on: March 19, 2022, 09:56:10 am »
Obi Wan trailer looks bloody good but guess that's about as good as it gets. Fingers crossed as heard how great the Mandalorian was for months then eventually got a chance to see it and after the 4th or 5th episode lost interest. The 8 year old that fell in love with the original movies is long gone  especially when the past 20 years Lucas released CGI laden drivel with awful storylines and uninspiring acting.

I also struggled with the Mandalorian early on. I put the show aside for several months after the first two or three episodes. I managed to get into it eventually though. I think the creators/writers heeded the lessons of the first series, as season two was much improved.

I said at the time, season one very much reminded me of Samurai Jack - lots of visuals and music telling the story, with relatively little dialogue. I don't think it was accidental, but I think they realised they had to mix it up a bit more for a live action show.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3677 on: March 19, 2022, 11:43:11 am »
Christopher Lloyd is set to guest star in season 3 of the Mandalorian. There never used to be too many actors who had been in both Star Wars and Star Trek but the number has grown a lot in recent years with more shows on both sides. Having said that, if you discount people who didn't actually appear on screen (as in, provided a voice in Clone Wars etc or wore a full alien suit) then the list shrinks right back down.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3678 on: March 23, 2022, 11:02:29 pm »
Me too, but I am really glad I gave it another go.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3679 on: March 31, 2022, 04:35:39 pm »

'Obi-Wan Kenobi | Announcement | Disney+' (basically, the series will now premiere on Friday 27th May - with two episodes being shown together on that date):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gEuirQWecEw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gEuirQWecEw</a>