Author Topic: Star Wars Universe lastest news  (Read 371698 times)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Star Wars - The Force Awakens **NO SPOILERS**
« Reply #2920 on: December 19, 2015, 07:32:51 am »
Tell him - before he ruins it for someone else. Also tell him how he's pissed you off too.
No one likes a grass, but I think he should tell the police.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2922 on: December 19, 2015, 10:34:38 am »
No one likes a grass, but I think he should tell the police.

Use the Force? ;)

only after he's planted some incriminating photos on his mates phone - yes :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:36:25 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2923 on: December 19, 2015, 03:48:08 pm »
May go to see it again at my local flea pit.

Haven't been there for years to see a film in the Winter it was freezing cold and in the Summer it was like a sweat box.

And they used to stop the films half way through to try to sell more ice cream.

On the plus side you can buy a pint and take it back to your seat.

It will be interesting to see how much its changed,

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2924 on: December 19, 2015, 04:01:20 pm »
Put Radio 2 on yesterday on the way home and they revealed two spoilers I didn't know about.

Knobheads. Then he says "I can say that can't I..?"

Dick. Turned it off.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #2925 on: December 19, 2015, 04:05:37 pm »
I have a new favourite film.

There were scenes I was so excited I thought I was going to either piss myself, stop breathing or start crying. ;D ;D ;D

Best cinema experience of my life, will defo be going to see it again!

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2926 on: December 19, 2015, 04:22:04 pm »
Brilliant film.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2927 on: December 19, 2015, 07:00:57 pm »
One of his early ideas was for Count Dooku to be CGI so it'd be easier to film the fight scenes with him, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Totally animated films are fine with me, just not the jarring shit we got in the prequels. The human eye is too good at spotting what is fake

I wouldn't entirely agree with that, but I would agree that most of the CG in those prequels were just shite. Lucas was like a child in a sweetshop when he discovered what could be done at the time. The problem was, he just didn't know how, or when or where to use it, and the technology just wasn't there yet.

This is a good video to illustrate that.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bL6hp8BKB24" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bL6hp8BKB24</a>

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2928 on: December 19, 2015, 09:46:55 pm »
Star Wars has made $121 million in it's first day in America. It has now passed $250 million in the worldwide box office

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #2929 on: December 19, 2015, 09:47:35 pm »
The takings so far have been quite insane, to put it mildly.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #2930 on: December 19, 2015, 09:49:30 pm »
Star Wars has made $121 million in it's first day in America. It has now passed $250 million in the worldwide box office

We haven't had a showing in the cinema I work at which hasn't sold out
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2931 on: December 19, 2015, 09:59:06 pm »
It's going to be the highest grossing film of all time. It'll pass $1 billion before new year

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2932 on: December 19, 2015, 10:01:49 pm »
Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Shatters Opening Day Record
by Brad Brevet

December 19, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens has already put its stamp on the record books, kicking off its domestic release with an estimated $120.5 million Friday opening. That opening number includes a record-breaking $57 million from Thursday night "previews" and makes this the first film to gross more than $100 million in a "single" day, but the records don't stop there.

The $120.5 million opening day for Star Wars marks the largest Friday, opening day and single day records previously held by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 at $91 million. In just its opening day, the film has also broken the previous December opening weekend and single day records, both of which were held by The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

The Hobbit's previous December opening weekend record was $84.62 million and the single day record was a paltry $37.13 million, which puts into context just how big this opening really is. Now the question comes down to the film's legs to determine just how high it will go. The overall opening weekend record of $208.8 million, set by Jurassic World earlier this year, will obviously be broken, but by how much?

Industry estimates currently range anywhere from $225-240 million for the weekend. As for comparisons, the best examples might seem to be recent ones such as the opening weekends of Jurassic World ($208.8M) and Avengers: Age of Ultron ($191.2M) from earlier this year. The two films dropped 15% and 33% respectively on Saturday and another 17.8% and 10.9% on Sunday, which, if you translate that to this Star Wars opening day would give us a range anywhere from $273-307 million. However, given the massive front-loading of that Friday number, perhaps Deathly Hallows - Part 2 is the best place to look.

Deathly Hallows - Part 2 dropped 53.4% on its second day and another 15.8% on Sunday. Using those numbers, Force Awakens would take in another $56.1 million on Saturday and $47.28 million on Sunday for an opening weekend around $223.9 million. Given the excitement surrounding the film it would seem reasonable to expect a slightly stronger hold on Sunday and an opening somewhere closer to $230-235 million.

As for the records the film has broken so far, here's an idea:

Largest Thursday Previews: $57 million*
    Previous Record: $43.5 million (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2)
    Largest Friday, Opening Day, Single Day: $120.5 million (estimated)
    Previous Record: $91 million (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2)
    December Single Day: $120.5 million (estimated)
    Previous Record: $37.13 million (The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey)
    Widest December Opening: 4,134 theaters
    Previous Record: 4,045 theaters (The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey)
    December Opening Weekend: $120.5 million... and counting
    Previous Record: $84.62 million (The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey)
    Fastest to $100 Million: 1 Day
    Previous Record: 2 Days (Jurassic World)

Records still up for grabs this weekend include (but are not limited to):

Largest Saturday: $69.6 million (Jurassic World)
    Largest Sunday: $57.2 million (Jurassic World)
    Domestic Opening Weekend: $208.8 million (Jurassic World)
    International Opening Weekend: $316.1 million (Jurassic World)
    Global Opening Weekend: $524.9 million (Jurassic World)
    Highest Per Theater Average (Wide Opening): $48,855 / 4,274 theaters (Jurassic World)
    Top Opening Weekend for PG-13 Rated Film: $208.8 million (Jurassic World)
    Top Holiday Opening Weekend**: $158 million (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire)
    #1 Movie Weekend Market Share: 84.5% of Top 12 (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
    Biggest Weekend Overall (Top 12 Gross): $266 million (June 12-14, 2015)
    Biggest December Weekend (Top 12 Gross): $259.9 million (Dec 25-27, 2009)

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4133&p=.htm

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2933 on: December 19, 2015, 10:02:38 pm »
It's going to be the highest grossing film of all time. It'll pass $1 billion before new year
We'll see. There's usually a fairly sharp drop off in films after the first two weeks of showing. It'll have to come close to making that by the new year if it has any chance of doing it. I still don't think it will.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #2934 on: December 20, 2015, 01:02:13 am »
Just back. Amazing cinematic experience!
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2935 on: December 20, 2015, 10:02:22 am »
I wouldn't entirely agree with that, but I would agree that most of the CG in those prequels were just shite. Lucas was like a child in a sweetshop when he discovered what could be done at the time. The problem was, he just didn't know how, or when or where to use it, and the technology just wasn't there yet.

This is a good video to illustrate that.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bL6hp8BKB24" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bL6hp8BKB24</a>

Cheers for posting that mate, really really enjoyed it.

And they make very good points. I can't believe sometimes what stick the SFX people get given the strides they've made in these few decades.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2936 on: December 20, 2015, 11:32:08 am »

Compare that to Terminator Genisys, which struggled to make $440m worldwide in its entire run.  And still barely broke even after production and marketing costs.  ;D

I really hope I can go back and see Star Wars again, although the second viewing will probably be 2D.  I know for a fact that the IMAX was pretty much sold out for December 22 'cause I tried to book it on the 11th so it terms of the fall off in audience numbers we might not see that until closer the new year.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:36:52 am by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #2937 on: December 20, 2015, 11:41:18 am »
Seeing this today.... can't wait!!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2938 on: December 20, 2015, 12:06:55 pm »
Can I watch this without seeing any of the previous films?

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #2939 on: December 20, 2015, 12:17:03 pm »

I'd say so. Whilst some appreciation of the original series would be helpful I do think it is utterly accessible if coming in cold. My daughter had never seen a SW movie and enjoyed it tremendously.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2940 on: December 20, 2015, 12:24:31 pm »

Yeah but I would watch episodes 4, 5 and 6 if you can.

No need to watch the prequels
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2941 on: December 20, 2015, 12:27:40 pm »

It's imperative you don't watch the last three 'prequels'. The biggest shower of turd a human has ever created.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2942 on: December 20, 2015, 02:37:47 pm »
We could do with Yoda up front for us today.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2943 on: December 20, 2015, 04:26:32 pm »
 CNBC Now ‏@CNBCnow 3m3 minutes ago

BREAKING: Disney says 'Star Wars' made a record $238M at the weekend box office, smashing previous $208.8M record held by 'Jurassic World'

Records still up for grabs this weekend include (but are not limited to):

Largest Saturday: $69.6 million (Jurassic World)
    Largest Sunday: $57.2 million (Jurassic World)
    Domestic Opening Weekend: $208.8 million (Jurassic World)
    International Opening Weekend: $316.1 million (Jurassic World)
    Global Opening Weekend: $524.9 million (Jurassic World)
    Highest Per Theater Average (Wide Opening): $48,855 / 4,274 theaters (Jurassic World)
    Top Opening Weekend for PG-13 Rated Film: $208.8 million (Jurassic World)
    Top Holiday Opening Weekend**: $158 million (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire)
    #1 Movie Weekend Market Share: 84.5% of Top 12 (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
    Biggest Weekend Overall (Top 12 Gross): $266 million (June 12-14, 2015)
    Biggest December Weekend (Top 12 Gross): $259.9 million (Dec 25-27, 2009)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 04:28:32 pm by Trada »

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2944 on: December 20, 2015, 05:09:15 pm »
To break records it'll have to get people returning to the cinema to watch it. I know this section is spoiler free so ill just say that I, and literally everyone I know who's seen it so far, will be going to watch this at the cinema at least one more time. I'd have gone straight back into the cinema if I could have.
This is it. The thing is, as I mentioned before, Titanic had people going back to watch it, not once, or twice, but several times. It wasn't one or two fangirls either. It was a very large portion of the initial audience that did this. Avatar had a similar effect, but I think it made most of it's gross on the strength that it was pushing 3d, and that it was released at a very good time of the year with zero competition.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2945 on: December 20, 2015, 06:16:03 pm »
As a side note, Chris Stuckmann and Doug Walker have both released spoiler free and spoiler reviews of the film on youtube.  Not going to link them here as the definition of "spoiler free" can clearly vary from person to person.  I'm sure you can find them yourselves if you're interested.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2946 on: December 20, 2015, 07:04:37 pm »
Harrison Ford is the only one who can be happy and mad at the same time

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2947 on: December 20, 2015, 07:05:37 pm »
Yeah. it'll reach $1 billion worldwide by new year

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2948 on: December 20, 2015, 07:09:52 pm »
Yeah. it'll reach $1 billion worldwide by new year

It made over $517 million over the weekend that was without China opens there in a couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 07:13:48 pm by Trada »

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2949 on: December 20, 2015, 07:30:35 pm »
I'd imagine you'd have more of a connection with the movie having seen the other Star Wars ones before. I'd make it me business to watch them first if i were you

Thought Dave in the film thread was a bit odd for not seeing Rocky flicks...... ::)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2950 on: December 20, 2015, 08:20:32 pm »

I'd suggest you watch the OT.  You can probably watch it without but the OT will likely add some depth to your viewing experience.

Popcorn's Art

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2951 on: December 20, 2015, 09:32:09 pm »
Off to see it tomorrow night. Was going to wait until after Christmas, decided I can't wait

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #2952 on: December 20, 2015, 10:03:17 pm »
It was really good - well worth it.

Not "Orginal Trilogy" good, but way, way better than prequels.
Really enjoyed it and have a few waves of emotion/nostalgia/euphoria wash over me in a few scenes.
Almost welled up.

;D
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2953 on: December 21, 2015, 02:47:27 pm »
Sky News - Just days after The Force Awakens opened John Boyega, who plays Finn, says he is "so happy" to be starting the next film soon.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2954 on: December 21, 2015, 02:48:48 pm »
I'm going on Boxing Day...

I had a tear in my eye when I saw the last trailer....

I'm not sure how I will get through it!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2955 on: December 21, 2015, 02:50:04 pm »
I can drop a a few spoilers if you really want to start sobbing. ;)

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2956 on: December 21, 2015, 03:52:51 pm »
so 3D or no?

Think I might have been spoiled yesterday but I can't tell if my mate was taking the piss. Thankfully I'm not a diehard star wars fan
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #2957 on: December 21, 2015, 03:59:21 pm »
so 3D or no?

Think I might have been spoiled yesterday but I can't tell if my mate was taking the piss. Thankfully I'm not a diehard star wars fan
There's not much 3D in it and nothing special really, so whatever suits you.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2958 on: December 21, 2015, 04:02:38 pm »
Anybody seen it in IMAX?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2959 on: December 21, 2015, 04:07:08 pm »
Anybody seen it in IMAX?

Yes, looked and sounded bloody great
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012