Author Topic: Preview: Liverpool FC v Swansea City, Capital One Cup 4th Round, 31st Oct, 20.00  (Read 46626 times)

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Interesting team then. Guess we can assume Carragher, Coates and Robinson will complete the back four. Not ideal for Henderson to try and impress at right back, but the lad will want to play and will fancy his chances of pushing Wisdom aside for the PL games (unless Rodgers reverts to Johnson/Enrique full back pairing).

You've got to feel sorry for Henderson - shifted to right back with the wailing banshee that is Jamie next to him all game. He needs games in the middle.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
You've got to feel sorry for Henderson - shifted to right back with the wailing banshee that is Jamie next to him all game. He needs games in the middle.

I think Henderson should be starting games in the middle now, but if he does a good job at right back then he could well make the position his own for a while. Our only senior right back is playing at left back.

There's a danger with him that he could be the sort of player Rodgers just throws in the team in any position we're short of an option. He's already played in 4 positions this season without playing many games.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Heard anything on Robinson mate? Must be shoe-in surely.
Playing I think.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
You've got to feel sorry for Henderson - shifted to right back with the wailing banshee that is Jamie next to him all game.

How respectful.  ::)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
I think Henderson should be starting games in the middle now, but if he does a good job at right back then he could well make the position his own for a while. Our only senior right back is playing at left back.

There's a danger with him that he could be the sort of player Rodgers just throws in the team in any position we're short of an option. He's already played in 4 positions this season without playing many games.

The lads only 22 and it will improve him as a player by playing in different positions. Rodgers wants players who are versatile. I think Hendo has a chance of making it here once Gerrard and Sahin retire or get injured/go back to Madrid.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
The lads only 22 and it will improve him as a player by playing in different positions. Rodgers wants players who are versatile. I think Hendo has a chance of making it here once Gerrard and Sahin retire or get injured/go back to Madrid.

I agree, as long as he's kept around that long.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Gerrard's going to Madrid?  ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan

I meant Sahin's going back to Madrid. Getting injured/retiring was referring to Gerrard. Hopefully Hendo hangs around until then.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Sahin's retiring?
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
we need to start yesil. keeping him on the bench is no good what if we have injuries and he doesnt get on? we need another striker to have some game time if luis gets injured needs resting and giving him ( yesil) a full game keeps him semi match fit.

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
we need to start yesil. keeping him on the bench is no good what if we have injuries and he doesnt get on? we need another striker to have some game time if luis gets injured needs resting and giving him ( yesil) a full game keeps him semi match fit.

He is starting according to Big Bear. Normally spot on with his team news.

Jones, Henderson, Coates, Carragher, Robinson, Allen, Shelvey, Cole, Downing, Yesil, Assaidi

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Copy and pasted from twitter but jigged about a bit to throw us...

Offline SonsofShankly

• Main Stander
I dont see a problem with Hendo playing at RB, RW, CM or anywhere. It is invaluable to the team to have a player like that. I find it very comforting that no one (hopefully) was one bit worried when he was brought on at RWB in the last game. Look at the number of games someone like John O'Shea has played without having a fixed position. If Hendo can do that for the next 7-8 seasons or more, I d be more than happy with what we paid for him.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Playing I think.

Good - no more than I expected though.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
Good - no more than I expected though.
I think he has got lucky with Johnson being injured causing Enrique to play at Everton. I'll be glad if we get back to Johnson/Wisdom on the right and Enrique/Robinson on the left but not necessarily in that order.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Pretty sure Flanagan is on the bench tomorrow so I assume he's not at full fitness, therefore Henderson.  I think he's played very well at right back although he's got a lot more to offer which is limited by that position. 

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!

Jones, Henderson, Coates, Carragher, Robinson, Allen, Shelvey, Cole, Downing, Yesil, Assaidi

If that's the side, then i'm very happy with the selection, would be great to have another cup run and a home tie against anyone is always an advantage, condsidering last year we were away for all but one (by default) and this time around against swansea there's a bit more extra spice to the game too...

Offline Tookathered

• but lefta the blue
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Is because of peace i live. JFT96!!!!.
    • Twitter
My team for tomorrow is Jones, Flanagan, Coates, Carra, Robinson, Hendo, Allen, Shelvey, Downing, Assaidi and Yesil. Bench is Gulaci if feat, Sama, pacheco, Ngoo, Coady and Wilson. Y.N.W.A

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd

If we play Henderson at RB and Downing at LB we would surely have the most expensive fullbacks in Europe!!
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Sahin's retiring?
That really made me chuckle ;D

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
I hope to see both Yesil and Morgan at some point tomorrow. I really can't understand why they haven't been on the bench this season. Take the Stoke and Everton games as an example where it would do no harm throwing one of them on for the last 10 minutes. Yes, neither of their overall games are good enough for the Premiership yet, but if the ball falls to them in the box they can put it in the net. It is the one thing that has disappointed me about Brendan so far.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
I hope to see both Yesil and Morgan at some point tomorrow. I really can't understand why they haven't been on the bench this season. Take the Stoke and Everton games as an example where it would do no harm throwing one of them on for the last 10 minutes. Yes, neither of their overall games are good enough for the Premiership yet, but if the ball falls to them in the box they can put it in the net. It is the one thing that has disappointed me about Brendan so far.

That's quite a good assesment of Brendan then, isn't it? Quite a luxury disappointment. He's done very well so far in my view, Brendan, and I think your post is a good example of it.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
That's quite a good assesment of Brendan then, isn't it? Quite a luxury disappointment. He's done very well so far in my view, Brendan, and I think your post is a good example of it.

Yeah that was my point. I've been especially impressed how he has managed the squad in the cup competitions.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
You won't see Morgan, he's playing in NextGen.

Offline Thog

• Legacy Fan
Strong bench tomorrow apparently.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
Ahh man, Hendo playing right back? Gutted for the lad. Thought he did enough in the uefa cup to earn a midfield berth.

Hoped to see the following

Jones

Wisdom Coates carragher robinson

Allen
       Henderson   Shelvey
Suso.                              Downing
                   Yesil
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
Yesil, Henderson and Assaidi please

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
You won't see Morgan, he's playing in NextGen.
Is that what they've called the u21 league?

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
I shall be attending this match. I presume Joe Cole will get a game. Reina too. If Reina doesn't start then I expect him to take back his first team duties at Newcastle. I want to see Enrique so he can get match fit because the only way he can get better is by playing.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
I shall be attending this match. I presume Joe Cole will get a game. Reina too. If Reina doesn't start then I expect him to take back his first team duties at Newcastle. I want to see Enrique so he can get match fit because the only way he can get better is by playing.

Both Reina and Johnson ruled out.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
Allen shouldn't be playing, needs a rest.

Offline Studog

• Kopite
I think we may see reina back, I imagine, gerrard, allen and sahin will all be rested for Newcastle after playing 2 games on the bounce. I think he'll rest a lot of players in this one and it'll be along the lines of:

Jones (Reina if fit)
Flannagan (if fit)      Coates   Wilson        Robinson

Hendo          Shelvey
                                   Suso
pacheco/Cole                                             Assaidi
                                    yesil

All with a strong bench. Wouldn't even be surprised if jerome sinclair is included.

However, this could all change as Brendan might be able to get their XI out of someone still at Swansea!

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan

No the NextGen tournament is like a youth team Champions League.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan

It's the U19 Champion's League, mate.  We're in a group with Internazionale, Rosenborg, and Borussia Dortmund.  Morgan has traveled to Dortmund for the game tonight.

Edit: Beaten to it by a moustache!
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
The Joe Cole thread is locked.  :wave
Probably his most important LFC game if selected against Swansea.
It's his last chance to impress really.
If he doesn't have a good game then that would surely mean he will leave in January.
Chance he will partner Allen with Shelvey pushed further up.
Not sure if that would be wise against Swansea's midfield.
Still I'm confident in Rodgers to get the team right.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not really, although I'm sure he'd like the win, we've got bigger fish to fry in the league.

I'll tell you what is 'highly embarrassing' though. You making a piss poor effort at pretending to be a Liverpool fan. Manc.
Well said sir! Should be a good game, expecting us to win but it wont be easy. With vorm and rangel out i wonder what laudrup decides to do with his team selection, think their focus could be on the league. Hoping yesil does well and dani gets some playing time.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
The Joe Cole thread is locked.  :wave
Probably his most important LFC game if selected against Swansea.
It's his last chance to impress really.
If he doesn't have a good game then that would surely mean he will leave in January.
Chance he will partner Allen with Shelvey pushed further up.
Not sure if that would be wise against Swansea's midfield.
Still I'm confident in Rodgers to get the team right.

That stuff about Cole assumes that someone would buy him in Jan after noone bought him in the summer. Not sure who would. Sadly, I reckon we've still got several seasons of him hanging about on exorbitant wages. 

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
Guys I want to see being played more: Assaidi, Henderson, Robinson, Yesil, Coates, Morgan and in that order.

Definitely not J Cole.

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
That stuff about Cole assumes that someone would buy him in Jan after noone bought him in the summer. Not sure who would. Sadly, I reckon we've still got several seasons of him hanging about on exorbitant wages.
No chance a club would bid a transfer fee.
I actually think it is highly likely that he will want to play regularly with little time left in his career & mutually consent with the club to leave on a free.
There is almost no chance he will play regularly here.
The Swansea game would be him more likely him trying to show other clubs that he still has something to offer rather than LFC.

Offline Thog

• Legacy Fan
It's an article about Doni where there is no mention of Doni by the journalist, anybody at the club or even Doni himself.

Some of the worst editing I´ve seen that!

;D check page 1 mate.