Author Topic: Announcement on Anfield redevelopment due Monday  (Read 83061 times)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Announcement on Anfield redevelopment due Monday
« Reply #400 on: October 14, 2012, 05:21:26 pm »
Yes the interesting thing is that if you look at the graph there is only a green column from 2010 when FSG took over. It is almost certain that there is also acquisition debt higher up the organisation but FSG do not release financial details.

Probable.

What is certain is it is in no way, shape or form secured on the club as it would need to be listed on the accounts.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #401 on: October 14, 2012, 05:22:01 pm »
So owners are getting criticized for choosing to re-develop, earlier they were criticized for not making a decision one way or the other. You couldn't make this shit up, people talk as if FSG have created this problem meanwhile its been here for years now.

I just want it sorted out one way or the other. Making a decision that could take years and years to just get the full planning permission is a decision that could be construed as a delaying tactic. The planning permission for Stanley Park was already in place.

And how much would a new stadium cost and how do we fund it?

How much would a rebuild cost and how would they fund it? I don't know.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #402 on: October 14, 2012, 05:23:36 pm »
I just want it sorted out one way or the other. Making a decision that could take years and years to just get the full planning permission is a decision that could be construed as a delaying tactic. The planning permission for Stanley Park was already in place.

How much would a rebuild cost and how would they fund it? I don't know.

The financial aspects of a new build have been dissected with a fine tooth comb by the likes of Peter and Alan in the stadium sub-forum. A new build just doesn't measure up unless we find record breaking naming rights - which appears next to impossible.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: October 14, 2012, 05:26:10 pm »
The financial aspects of a new build have been dissected with a fine tooth comb by the likes of Peter and Alan in the stadium sub-forum. A new build just doesn't measure up unless we find record breaking naming rights - which appears next to impossible.

We'd still get stadium naming rights from a new build, FSG have said we won't from a rebuild so that has to be factored in.

Also we lose income from a rebuild while its getting built, and we lose income every year while we're stuck with a 45k capacity stadium. That'll be another 5-10+ years now.  Do the owners even plan to stick around that long?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 05:27:42 pm by Fromola »

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #404 on: October 14, 2012, 05:30:36 pm »
Probable.

What is certain is it is in no way, shape or form secured on the club as it would need to be listed on the accounts.

LFC is an asset of FSG though if FSG overstretch themselves then it will indirectly affect the Club. Another thing is do FSG at some point expect LFC to pay off the acquisition debt. FSG see the Club and the Stadium as separate entities. If we redevelop will the Stadium be owned by LFC or will we be tenants paying rent.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #405 on: October 14, 2012, 05:32:23 pm »
I was hoping to see an answer to this but I doubt there will be any

Me too. Asked a couple of time but no response yet.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #406 on: October 14, 2012, 05:38:24 pm »
Me too. Asked a couple of time but no response yet.

We don't know because FSG is a private company. It is a complex situation NESN the TV Network that FSG own 80% of seems to be the money maker. Without knowing whether the Red Sox gets true market value from it's TV rights it is hard to know. Then you have things like the Stadium and the concessions without knowing who takes what cut it's impossible to know who takes what.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #407 on: October 14, 2012, 05:38:52 pm »
LFC is an asset of FSG though if FSG overstretch themselves then it will indirectly affect the Club. Another thing is do FSG at some point expect LFC to pay off the acquisition debt. FSG see the Club and the Stadium as separate entities. If we redevelop will the Stadium be owned by LFC or will we be tenants paying rent.

Not really, we aren't funded via FSG as the club only spends what it brings in. So if FSG over stretch themselves then unless they decide to take out profits (could do that anyway) it shouldn't really be too much of an issue.

Certainly worth knowing if Anfield will be kept in LFC as a whole. How is Fenway owned?

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: October 14, 2012, 05:41:45 pm »
We'd still get stadium naming rights from a new build, FSG have said we won't from a rebuild so that has to be factored in.

Also we lose income from a rebuild while its getting built, and we lose income every year while we're stuck with a 45k capacity stadium. That'll be another 5-10+ years now.  Do the owners even plan to stick around that long?

This has been discussed ad infiniteum in the stadium thread. I suggest you re-read that for why a new stadium doesn't make fiscal sense and why a staggered rebuild does.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #409 on: October 14, 2012, 05:42:21 pm »
Stating that H&G built stadiums isn't praising them it is stating facts, Hicks in particular often built Stadiums that suited him far more than the Club. Once the Stadium was built Hicks would end up magically owning real estate he didn't own before, Ballpark llc is a perfect example

Hicks hasn't built a stadium.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: October 14, 2012, 05:48:56 pm »
This has been discussed ad infiniteum in the stadium thread. I suggest you re-read that for why a new stadium doesn't make fiscal sense and why a staggered rebuild does.

I can understand it, but not sure how long we can afford to wait. These CPO's could take ages for a start.

We've got owners who go on about FFP when we can't get near half what United and Arsenal earn on a matchday. We're pushing for something that'll benefit them rather than us - until we sort the ground out.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: October 14, 2012, 05:52:43 pm »
If Anfield is being redeveloped, does this mean we may have to play home games at the Pit for a while?

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: October 14, 2012, 05:53:08 pm »
I can understand it, but not sure how long we can afford to wait. These CPO's could take ages for a start.

We've got owners who go on about FFP when we can't get near half what United and Arsenal earn on a matchday. We're pushing for something that'll benefit them rather than us - until we sort the ground out.

CPOs are a last resort, some owners might be paying hardball to get the most value and a CPO would be unnecessary. If not then that delay is just something to accept.

A new stadium would cost too much, cripple the team finances in the short/mid term and not bring in a return for a long long time. FFP regardless of the stadium is better for us then no FFP.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: October 14, 2012, 05:53:41 pm »
If Anfield is being redeveloped, does this mean we may have to play home games at the Pit for a while?

No, redevelopment can be done behind the scenes so no loss of revenue during the process. It would be a stand by stand process from what I understand.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #414 on: October 14, 2012, 05:56:47 pm »
Hicks hasn't built a stadium.

Maybe someone should tell the Dallas Stars http://stars.nhl.com/club/pageprint.htm?id=39217

Mr. Hicks played an instrumental role in the development and planning of American Airlines Center, as well as the hosting of the 2007 NHL All-Star Game. Hicks serves as Vice Chairman for the NHL Board of Governors, and also serves on the NHL Executive Committee and on the Audit and Finance Committee.

Mr. Hicks’ sports ownership assets include the Dallas Stars Hockey Club, of the National Hockey League, a 50% interest in the American Airlines Center
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: October 14, 2012, 05:58:21 pm »
CPOs are a last resort, some owners might be paying hardball to get the most value and a CPO would be unnecessary. If not then that delay is just something to accept.

A new stadium would cost too much, cripple the team finances in the short/mid term and not bring in a return for a long long time. FFP regardless of the stadium is better for us then no FFP.

Our revenues may only be the 6th highest in the league in this year's accounts. And that's before Man City and Spurs start to increase their income a hell of a lot from upgrading their own facilities. Spurs will have their stadium sorted before we will.

If FFP is to mean anything to us then we need the extra £30m a year from matchday income. Yet it could be the best part of a decade until we see that extra money coming in..

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: October 14, 2012, 05:58:33 pm »

CPOs wont be necessary if they are willing to pay the right amount, most people will be be getting offered the equivalent of a few days of Joe Coles wages for their houses. It would not take much in real terms for them to avoid the legal route.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #417 on: October 14, 2012, 06:00:11 pm »
Maybe someone should tell the Dallas Stars http://stars.nhl.com/club/pageprint.htm?id=39217

Mr. Hicks played an instrumental role in the development and planning of American Airlines Center, as well as the hosting of the 2007 NHL All-Star Game. Hicks serves as Vice Chairman for the NHL Board of Governors, and also serves on the NHL Executive Committee and on the Audit and Finance Committee.

Mr. Hicks’ sports ownership assets include the Dallas Stars Hockey Club, of the National Hockey League, a 50% interest in the American Airlines Center

You said Hicks and Gillett delivered stadiums, not Hicks had a bit of an involvement in one. Your argument seems to be changing all the time here.

« Reply #418 on: October 14, 2012, 06:03:29 pm »
We don't know because FSG is a private company. It is a complex situation NESN the TV Network that FSG own 80% of seems to be the money maker. Without knowing whether the Red Sox gets true market value from it's TV rights it is hard to know. Then you have things like the Stadium and the concessions without knowing who takes what cut it's impossible to know who takes what.
I think the answer is no, if they were after 11 years at the Red Sox alone I'm sure it would have come out

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #419 on: October 14, 2012, 06:04:03 pm »

How long do you think it would take to pay off the new stadiums build costs (and interest on the loans needed) before we saw the benefits of the extra revenue?

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
Re: Announcement on anfield redevelopment due monday
« Reply #420 on: October 14, 2012, 06:04:32 pm »
15,000 more day trippers to make the atmosphere even worse. Great!

Didn't even get past the 1st page without having to read this sort of shite. Wise up pal.  :butt
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: October 14, 2012, 06:04:35 pm »
New stadium costs around to 400M rebuild about 150M

Say a new stadium is ready for 2014 if it was being built now.

Say Rebuilt Anfield is finished in 2017 (if it happens at all).

Two years of lost income while it was being rebuilt, plus the extra 3 years of being stuck without the extra income =  you're talking more than £100m. The rest of the difference between a new build and a rebuild could be done with naming rights.

You can work the figures both ways, but we don't know if the owners are even going to commit to a rebuilt, or if they'll be here long enough to see it through.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: October 14, 2012, 06:05:42 pm »
Huge news, we might do something, sometime in the future. Queue the FSG defenders swarming all over AL and anyone else who doesn't toe the party line. Nothing for me in here. I've seen it all before. I hope the little aul fella in Stanley Park has kept his spade, looks like he'll be going back on parade in a couple of years time.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #423 on: October 14, 2012, 06:07:17 pm »

Two years of lost income while it was being rebuilt, plus the extra 3 years of being stuck without the extra income =  you're talking more than £100m. The rest of the difference between a new build and a rebuild could be done with naming rights.

You can work the figures both ways, but we don't know if the owners are even going to commit to a rebuilt, or if they'll be here long enough to see it through.

Are you going to stump up the difference for naming rights? Because money of that sort is flowing freely around, and it won't all be upfront either.

And the redev can be done with little to no loss of revenue, as you saw when the Centenary was done.

Say we need £300m for a stadium, and it gave an extra £30m revenue, it would take min 10 years before we saw any of this extra revenue available for players.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: October 14, 2012, 06:08:12 pm »
How long do you think it would take to pay off the new stadiums build costs (and interest on the loans needed) before we saw the benefits of the extra revenue?

I'd admit that it'd depend on getting a reasonable naming rights deal, but while you're not going to get companies offering silly money, i'd be interested to see what Arsenal negotiate when the Emirates deal runs out, and what Tottenham get for their proposed new stadium. Surely we could at least match that.

But for all the talk of FFP it's going to pass us by whilst we're stuck with the 45k stadium and stalled matchday revenue while 4 or 5 other clubs in the league are powering ahead. Stadium costs don't contribute to FFP so if FSG want to keep going on about FFP being the be all and end all then they need to get the stadium situation sorted.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: October 14, 2012, 06:08:25 pm »
Out of order that response.  He's obviously done a lot of research behind his responses and appears to know more than most on here about the issues he's raised.  Many of which are perfectly valid.

No it's really not, every thread Al comes in with his anti-FSG rants.. Posting his opinion as facts and then ignoring any questions for proof to back up his outlandish claims. He even started having a go in the youth thread, completly derailing threads with his agenda.

Research? I highly doubt it, nothing he ever posts has any proof and when called out about it he changes his statement or simply ignores the question.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #426 on: October 14, 2012, 06:09:16 pm »
You said Hicks and Gillett delivered stadiums, not Hicks had a bit of an involvement in one. Your argument seems to be changing all the time here.

FFS he planned it, developed it, got someone else to pay for it and ended up owning 50% of it. It was what he did look at the Rangers

http://www.facebook.com/notes/help-save-liverpool-fc/what-tom-hicks-is-really-like/126742424013380.

It is my firm belief that if it wasn't for the Sub prime scandal in the States Hicks would of saddled the Club with even more debt but would of personally camo out on top. Look at how much money the likes of HKS Hicks's Texas buddies made out of a Stadium that wasn't even built.

The whole Hicks debate was sparked by someone saying the Council should of known that H&G wouldn't of built in the park because of the amount of debt. The problem is as the sub prime scandal showed there would of been people willing to lend them money and H&G wouldn't of though twice about doing it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 06:11:30 pm by Al 555 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: October 14, 2012, 06:09:52 pm »
Are you going to stump up the difference for naming rights? Because money of that sort is flowing freely around, and it won't all be upfront either.

And the redev can be done with little to no loss of revenue, as you saw when the Centenary was done.

Say we need £300m for a stadium, and it gave an extra £30m revenue, it would take min 10 years before we saw any of this extra revenue available for players.

But we'd have money for naming rights as well. It might not £30m a year, it might not be £20m a year, but a company would surely pay decent money to have naming rights to the ground. Look at the deals we've got with Warrior and Standard Chartered.

« Reply #428 on: October 14, 2012, 06:10:25 pm »

Why do you think re-development will take 3 years and building a new one takes just one year?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #429 on: October 14, 2012, 06:11:25 pm »
But we'd have money for naming rights as well. It might not £30m a year, it might not be £20m a year, but a company would surely pay decent money to have naming rights to the ground. Look at the deals we've got with Warrior and Standard Chartered.

Do you not think if naming rights deals of that amount were available we'd not see every stadium named?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #430 on: October 14, 2012, 06:12:39 pm »
Please stick to discussion of stadium redevelopment and not whether FSG are saints or the devil incarnate.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: October 14, 2012, 06:13:07 pm »
Why do you think re-development will take 3 years and building a new one takes just one year?

I'd imagine it'll take a few years just to get all the planning permission fully sorted for a rebuild. That's been in place for a new stadium, which could be being built now.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: October 14, 2012, 06:14:56 pm »
Do you not think if naming rights deals of that amount were available we'd not see every stadium named?

It's usually worth very little unless it's a brand new stadium, which is kind of the point. How often do top clubs move stadiums?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: October 14, 2012, 06:14:56 pm »
You shouldn't have bothered posting then
I won't post what I'd like to say to you. I'll just leave you to enjoy chatting about it, you've got a long time before the next announcement about why they couldn't do anything.

Bye now. Feel free to take a snide dig. I won't be back in until John Henry tells how sorry he is that the economic climate is stopping them from building us the superdome they so desperately want to build.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #434 on: October 14, 2012, 06:18:02 pm »

Look at the States and virtually every stadium has naming rights, this country is different because the fans detest it, look at the furore over Ashley calling St James park something else. Sadly if there is a naming partner for the proposed redevelopment then FSG's PR will make it go away. We are being drip fed financial prudence continually, look at the summer there where plenty of people sticking up for FSG when they moved out the Clubs only number 9 and failed to replace him.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #435 on: October 14, 2012, 06:20:18 pm »
Look at the States and virtually every stadium has naming rights, this country is different because the fans detest it, look at the furore over Ashley calling St James park something else. Sadly if there is a naming partner for the proposed redevelopment then FSG's PR will make it go away. We are being drip fed financial prudence continually, look at the summer there where plenty of people sticking up for FSG when they moved out the Clubs only number 9 and failed to replace him.

You can't compare naming rights in the states to here, those deals just aren't available.

List the ones that are in the UK and the (low) values they are for - that's where we are working at.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #436 on: October 14, 2012, 06:23:44 pm »
You can't compare naming rights in the states to here, those deals just aren't available.

List the ones that are in the UK and the (low) values they are for - that's where we are working at.

I agree but that is mainly because we have shirt sponsors here.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #437 on: October 14, 2012, 06:26:37 pm »
I agree but that is mainly because we have shirt sponsors here.

It's got nothing to do with having shirt sponsors.

Naming stadiums over here just doesn't attract the same amount as in the US, and for the foreseeable future will not.

Do we wait around until they do?

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: October 14, 2012, 06:31:32 pm »
It's got nothing to do with having shirt sponsors.

Naming stadiums over here just doesn't attract the same amount as in the US, and for the foreseeable future will not.

Do we wait around until they do?

If United put the naming rights up for sale for Old Trafford, how much do you think they'd get?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #439 on: October 14, 2012, 06:35:29 pm »
If United put the naming rights up for sale for Old Trafford, how much do you think they'd get?

So we should wait until we've been consistently at the top for 20 years?

Can't compare us to United.