Author Topic: The Labour Party Thread.  (Read 431309 times)

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Labour Party Thread.
« Reply #760 on: June 22, 2014, 05:50:12 pm »
I actually sent an email to him earlier.  Not holding my breath on getting any sort of response.
Well at least he's deleted the comments which is a response of sorts. I reckon he'll think twice before jumping on that particular bandwagon again...Then again never underestimate the power of stupidity.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 06:21:32 pm by yorkyrawky »

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #761 on: June 23, 2014, 01:20:17 am »
Suarez should sue him.

From 2012
Dudley North MP Ian Austin sorry for Holocaust claim

A West Midlands MP has apologised "unreservedly" for suggesting that a Palestinian human rights group had denied the Holocaust happened.

Friends of Al-Aqsa (FOA) said Ian Austin, Labour MP for Dudley North, made the reference about the group in an article on the Labour Uncut Website last year.

Ismail Patel, the Chair of FOA, said: "We welcome the apology. It is a tragedy that such a serious allegation was levelled against FOA."

Mr Austin said: "This was an error."

Mr Austin had referred to the "so-called holocaust" which the FOA said referred to material published in the early 1990's before the group was established.

In a statement on the Labour Uncut website, Mr Austin said: "The publication in which this phrase was used was written by someone else, and had nothing to do with the FOA.

"The article had the effect of wrongly labelling FOA as Holocaust deniers and I apologise unreservedly for making this allegation."
'Completely unfounded'

The article has been removed from the Labour Uncut website.

Mr Patel said the apology set the record straight.

He said: "FOA has always reiterated the tragedy of the holocaust in numerous publications and such false allegations are not only unjust but completely unfounded.

"Our work is aimed at bringing peace for all people in the region and false accusations like this must be challenged and routed out.

"FOA plans to continue with its work, and we mark this apology as a victory for all of those seeking dialogue as a first step towards peace in the region."
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: June 23, 2014, 01:58:13 am »
Well at least he's deleted the comments which is a response of sorts. I reckon he'll think twice before jumping on that particular bandwagon again...Then again never underestimate the power of stupidity.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #763 on: July 2, 2014, 01:15:09 am »
Thought I'd post this here too

Not sure if anyone else saw this...

Glenda Jackson sticking it to IDS

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Jckm3X5MXo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9Jckm3X5MXo</a>
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #764 on: July 2, 2014, 10:51:59 pm »

Dennis Skinner voted off Labour national executive committee
Veteran MP replaced by John Healey after reportedly irritating Ed Miliband's office

Dennis Skinner, the scourge of Tory prime ministers from Ted Heath to David Cameron who was dubbed the "Beast of Bolsover", has been voted off Labour's governing national executive committee, prompting an outcry from across the party.

Hours after the veteran MP for Bolsover had taunted the prime minister as a member of the Bullingdon Club responsible for wrecking the NHS, the party announced that he had been unseated.

Skinner, 82, who was first elected to parliament in 1970, was replaced in the NEC backbench MPs' section by the former minister John Healey after reportedly irritating Ed Miliband's office. The other backbenchers elected to the NEC were the former deputy leader Margaret Beckett and the Liverpool Walton MP Steve Rotheram.

The removal of the veteran leftwinger prompted a strong reaction. John McDonnell, a fellow leftwinger, tweeted: "Dennis Skinner voted off Labour's NEC by Labour MPs. Sign of how distant from reality and from the views of our members some of them are."

John Mann, the MP for Bassetlaw, tweeted: "Naive political immaturity in parliamentary Labour party in knocking Dennis Skinner off NEC in election year."

Jim Murphy, the Blairite shadow international development secretary, tweeted: "Really sorry to hear that Dennis Skinner was voted off Labour's NEC today. A brilliant MP & good friend. Hopefully he'll make NEC comeback."

The treatment of Skinner contrasts with his experience while Tony Blair was leader of the Labour party. Blair courted Skinner and used to invite him to his office for chats.

One party source said Skinner had been a victim of the leadership's determination to ensure that Healey, a loyalist, was elected to the NEC.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jul/02/dennis-skinner-labour-national-executive
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #765 on: July 2, 2014, 11:04:31 pm »
It wont be long before you will have to have had an Oxbridge education before they will let you join the Labour Party. ::)
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: July 4, 2014, 11:19:25 am »
Dennis Skinner voted off Labour national executive committee
Veteran MP replaced by John Healey after reportedly irritating Ed Miliband's office

Before we get too outraged, let's remember that that article also states Steve Rotheram has been elected onto it, which itself is fantastic...

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: July 4, 2014, 05:08:05 pm »
Before we get too outraged, let's remember that that article also states Steve Rotheram has been elected onto it, which itself is fantastic...
I don't think anyone is outraged I think its more a feeling of sadness. 

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #768 on: July 5, 2014, 08:52:47 am »
I don't think anyone is outraged I think its more a feeling of sadness.

Agreed Yorky, just sadness, deepened by the fact that the fella's not really very well and should retire, he deserves a retirement, but likely that he won't get one.

There's a massive need for the young guard to produce leaders to fight the fight.
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #769 on: July 12, 2014, 08:49:58 pm »
Had the privilege of seeing Dennis Skinner speak today at the Durham Miners Gala.

Could write hyperbole for three pages worth of this thread of how good he was, still wouldn't do it justice. 
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #770 on: July 21, 2014, 08:38:35 pm »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #771 on: July 21, 2014, 11:09:50 pm »
The thought of the leader of the opposition flying out to Washington for only a  30 minute meeting with the president has In the Loop all over it.

Thought Ed was going to answer his phone half way through to Peter Capaldi swearing down the phone at him.

Could we worse I suppose. Could be downing tequilla shots on a Sunday morning on channel 4 with Tim Lovejoy ;)

Offline Paulie's Wallnuts

• There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #772 on: July 22, 2014, 12:28:42 pm »
The thought of the leader of the opposition flying out to Washington for only a  30 minute meeting with the president has In the Loop all over it.

Thought Ed was going to answer his phone half way through to Peter Capaldi swearing down the phone at him.

Could we worse I suppose. Could be downing tequilla shots on a Sunday morning on channel 4 with Tim Lovejoy ;)
They were already meeting one of the US defence bods and managed to meet Obama while they were there. It's a nothing story.
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #773 on: July 22, 2014, 06:49:58 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jlTggc0uBA8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jlTggc0uBA8</a>

the bloke's an idiot

:lmao
Embedded, in case people haven't seen it.

Idiot isn't the word mate. Seems almost symptomatic of some sort of mental breakdown due to the pressure, it's that ridiculous. People are still waiting for Labour to 'get their act together'... well this is it, this how it's gona be till election night. Scandalous, really. 
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #774 on: July 22, 2014, 06:55:25 pm »
^ It should be stated that this is apparently a mini-interview, where typically only one of the answers is used on the broadcast. But the fact he basically gave the same answer to every question in such a  stilted, scripted way is what irks me.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #775 on: July 22, 2014, 07:45:15 pm »

the bloke's an idiot

All I could think of when watching that was 'what would he look like if he was bald?'

He needs to take his own advice and 'put aside the rhetoric', just another career politician not actually saying what he is thinking and repeating slogans and rhetoric.

I don't feel like he is a human when I listen to him, and that goes for many others too, not just Ed.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #776 on: July 25, 2014, 02:22:32 pm »
Interesting direction by Ed today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28459474

Labour leader Ed Miliband has attempted to confront his perceived image problem - by saying it is not his top priority.

In a speech launching his party's summer offensive, he said he was "not going to able to compete" with David Cameron's slick approach.

But he said he wanted to offer voters "something different" at next year's general election.

"The leadership this country needs is one that has big ideas to change things," said the Labour leader.

Mr Miliband's personal ratings trail behind those of his party and in June fell to the lowest ever recorded in an ICM-Guardian poll - a distinction he shared with Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg.

Mr Cameron's ratings were also down but he remains well ahead of his two main rivals, particularly when voters are asked about who looks the "most prime ministerial".

Labour fears the Conservatives will target Mr Miliband personally at next year's general election, wrecking the party's chances of gaining power.

In what could be seen as an attempt to head off criticism, Mr Miliband spoke about some of the gaffes he has been accused of committing in recent months - including holding up a copy of The Sun and struggling to eat a bacon sandwich, as well as caricatures of him as Wallace from the Wallace and Gromit animations.

He said he wanted to stand up to powerful vested interests such as Rupert Murdoch, but added: "Sometimes you get it wrong. I know, especially for people on Merseyside, me holding up a copy of the Sun was one of those days."

Mr Miliband said big ideas and principles were more important than image and Labour had the right policies on dealing with "the cost of living crisis", tackling low pay and building more homes.

He said: "David Cameron is a very sophisticated and successful exponent of a politics based purely on image.

'Central casting'

"I am not going to be able to compete with that and I don't intend to. I want to offer something different.

"I am not from central casting. You can find people who are more square-jawed, more chiselled. Look less like Wallace.

"You could probably even find people who look better eating a bacon sandwich.

"If you want the politician from central casting, it's just not me, it's the other guy."

But he said his version of political leadership was about sticking to principles even when it was hard, caring about people's lives and not leaving decency behind at the door of Number 10, like the "callous Conservative" David Cameron.

Mr Miliband's speech, at the Royal Institute of British Architects in London, launched Labour's summer campaign, seen as an attempt to hit back at critics who accused the party of taking its eye off the ball during last year's parliamentary recess.

He said shadow cabinet members would be making a series of speeches about the "positive vision for the future from Labour".

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #777 on: July 25, 2014, 03:48:25 pm »
He's fair and honest in that. Politicians are held up for ridicule so much but they are people at the end of the day. I can understand why he help up the copy of the s*n because he's not a Liverpool fan or from Liverpool. His advisors are at fault for that IMO for not doing research.

He's acknowledged he has got a bad image over this last year so at least he's trying to take away the broom the press beat him with.

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #778 on: July 29, 2014, 10:31:42 am »
He's fair and honest in that. Politicians are held up for ridicule so much but they are people at the end of the day. I can understand why he help up the copy of the s*n because he's not a Liverpool fan or from Liverpool. His advisors are at fault for that IMO for not doing research.

He's acknowledged he has got a bad image over this last year so at least he's trying to take away the broom the press beat him with.
Probably the best tactic available to him to fend off all that. But he really needs to ramp up the substance and integrity of what comes out of his oblong Wensleydale-hole for it not to be seen as just another bit of spin, strategised round the conference table by his advisers and passed to him on easy-to-memorise cue cards.

He fucking better and all.

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: July 30, 2014, 11:58:36 am »
It's a fucking indictment of how little Labour have said/done of any substance during this Parliament that, in two years this thread is only on 20 pages...

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: July 30, 2014, 12:56:33 pm »
I've been trying to find out Labour's latest position on a VAT cut. I know they were against the rise to 20%, but there were some suggestions last year that Milliband would not look to change it back down if elected. Does anyone know Labour's position on this, or will we need to wait for their manifesto?
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: July 30, 2014, 01:04:25 pm »
I've been trying to find out Labour's latest position on a VAT cut. I know they were against the rise to 20%, but there were some suggestions last year that Milliband would not look to change it back down if elected. Does anyone know Labour's position on this, or will we need to wait for their manifesto?

That seems to be their position on most things - oppose what the Tories are doing initially but then not actually reverse it when they are in power.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: July 30, 2014, 01:06:22 pm »
Remember when the chocolate companies reduced the weight of their bars during the recession to avoid hiking prices?  I want to know when they're putting the weight back up again!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: July 30, 2014, 02:58:19 pm »
Remember when the chocolate companies reduced the weight of their bars during the recession to avoid hiking prices?  I want to know when they're putting the weight back up again!

They will reintroduce as them as new bigger size versions at a higher price, then gradually reduce them in size and the cycle goes on and on.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: July 30, 2014, 03:09:01 pm »
Chocolate is actually recession proof Sales and Profits go up, but inflation does effect the price of ingredients. so I don't think it will come back down.
It's a fucking indictment of how little Labour have said/done of any substance during this Parliament that, in two years this thread is only on 20 pages...
Never mind the 260 pages of the Tory Bastards thread speaks volumes. We tend to post when we get pissed off so 20 pages is actually a good thing.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #785 on: July 30, 2014, 04:55:32 pm »
They will reintroduce as them as new bigger size versions at a higher price, then gradually reduce them in size and the cycle goes on and on.
Those Kraft-y bastards  :wave

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #786 on: July 30, 2014, 05:15:30 pm »

Never mind chocolate, what about crisps? Same sized bags but with about 3 crisps in. They'd never get away with selling a mars bar about a quarter of the size of the wrapper, which is inflated with air to look like the old size. Should be a law against it.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #787 on: August 26, 2014, 04:11:26 pm »
Labour party topic, not yet another Scottish Referendum topic.

Find / create a topic where it is directly relevant. This topic is about Ed's abject failure to be noticed other than when he screws up.

Offline Reheat Red

• Kopite
« Reply #788 on: August 26, 2014, 04:13:41 pm »

Find / create a topic where it is directly relevant. This topic is about Ed's abject failure to be noticed other than when he screws up.
Fair enough but most of the Independence debate threads have ended up locked, with it being so close is it ok to create a new topic or re-open one?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #789 on: August 26, 2014, 04:19:13 pm »
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315880.0

There, I was actually arsed to do something. Scots stuff split out into a new topic. That way, this one is left intact when the other one inevitably gets locked.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
  • DING DING ! All aboard the offended bus
« Reply #790 on: August 26, 2014, 04:33:57 pm »
Labour Party topic

JFT96

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #791 on: August 26, 2014, 05:16:04 pm »

That's why I struggled to find this thread then. :)
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline Reheat Red

• Kopite
« Reply #792 on: August 27, 2014, 11:23:57 am »
Labour Party topic

See I don't get this at all, when people go on as if the Labour party are betraying their principles by campaigning for a No vote.  When were the Labour party ever in favour of Scottish independence? 

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: August 27, 2014, 12:37:36 pm »
And I think his Great Great Grandad would probably not be on twitter either.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #794 on: August 27, 2014, 12:43:45 pm »
See I don't get this at all, when people go on as if the Labour party are betraying their principles by campaigning for a No vote.  When were the Labour party ever in favour of Scottish independence?
I agree. not to de-rail this again with Scottish independence but I don't fully understand the outrage. Alot of Scots voted for Labour at the last general election so of course they want them to stay in the UK.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #795 on: August 27, 2014, 01:11:29 pm »
Isn't the issue in the Scottish Labour Party the union block vote issue?

The accusations of union pressure etc which were denied etc etc
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Reheat Red

• Kopite
« Reply #796 on: August 27, 2014, 01:12:57 pm »
I agree. not to de-rail this again with Scottish independence but I don't fully understand the outrage. Alot of Scots voted for Labour at the last general election so of course they want them to stay in the UK.
The fact they're kind of sharing a platform with the Tories might be unfortunate but do people really expect them to change their stance on separatism simply because the Tories have the same view?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: August 27, 2014, 04:27:04 pm »
The fact they're kind of sharing a platform with the Tories might be unfortunate but do people really expect them to change their stance on separatism simply because the Tories have the same view?

The issue is not with them supporting the Union, they are entitled to that opinion. It's with deserting their core principles and being pretty much red tories.  That's why more and more labour voters are planning to vote yes. 

Bear in mind that a lot of people only vote for Labour in Scotland to keep the Tories out of Westminster - see the difference between the 2010 General Election and 2011 Scottish Election.

Offline Reheat Red

• Kopite
« Reply #798 on: August 27, 2014, 05:14:19 pm »
The issue is not with them supporting the Union, they are entitled to that opinion. It's with deserting their core principles and being pretty much red tories.  That's why more and more labour voters are planning to vote yes. 
I know many think Labour have gone too far to the right in general, but in terms of this debate they'd have been campaigning for a No even at the height of their left wing days under Attlee etc.

There might be Labour voters voting Yes but there will also be SNP voters voting No.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: August 27, 2014, 09:07:23 pm »
Any chance we could avoid bogging this thread down with the Scottish issue?  I realise there's Labour stuff involved in the debate but it should be in a Scottish independence thread imo.

Popcorn's Art