Author Topic: Liverpool Vs Hearts - Europa League Thread  (Read 24908 times)

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
Re: Liverpool Vs Hearts - Europa League Thread
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2012, 01:57:02 pm »
Slap bang in the middle of Edinburgh Fringe, overnight accomodation could be a problem

Indeed. If it was at the end of the festival then it wouldn't be a huge problem, but that date is slap in the middle of it so the city will be heaving. The good news is that Travelodge and Premier Inn seem to be breeding like rabbits at the moment up here and have opened a few new ones in the city centre recently, so there should at least be some availability. Prepare to pay through the nose though.

Logistics aside, should be a really good game. Hearts will want to prove a point but at the end of it they just aren't good enough and we should beat them both legs. One of the earlier posters got it spot on, they are blooding in a host of youth players - one fella I know is beaming with pride because his 18 year-old made his debut at the weekend for them - so I can't see them causing too many problems for us. Loads of lads around the office are talking about it, should be an amazing atmosphere on the night.

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2012, 02:00:56 pm »
Fucking hell Im not in the country on the 23rd. Fuckity Fuck.
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2012, 02:06:35 pm »
Nice short trip in the north then :D
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2012, 02:08:29 pm »
They were 5th last season in the spl, what are our chances?

Blast yer impudence for asking the question!!

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2012, 02:11:27 pm »
Since it's during the Fringe, anyone staying overnight would probably be better staying in Glasgow and just getting the train through - only about 50 minutes.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2012, 02:20:04 pm »
Pleased with that. It'll be interesting to see how they do the tkts for this- credits from 10/11 or ? Loads will want to go ::)
We are a team of one half.

Offline Captain Marko Ramius

• Battle shtashionsh! Engage the shilent drive!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2012, 02:27:47 pm »
Since it's during the Fringe, anyone staying overnight would probably be better staying in Glasgow and just getting the train through - only about 50 minutes.

Yeah and they run every fifteen minutes to half an hour. Should do all the way through till about about midnight ish.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2012, 02:46:11 pm »
Got family at East Lothian (around 15-20 mins from city centre). Might head over for this one, getting a ticket may be hard though.

Offline FowlerLeftFoot

• Kopite
  • There's Only One God
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2012, 02:48:40 pm »
Should be a comfortable defeat for hearts.
---------------------------
SPREAD THE LINK  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19149

Overseas Reds - use Anfields address  L4 0TH

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2012, 02:53:01 pm »
I dunno. Hearts Young'uns were the only competitive clean Sheet at white hart lane last season......

Nah Horsefd 5-0 although hopefully no starstruckness this time around.

Offline henry

• Anny Roader
  • My chicken is better than yours
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2012, 02:54:09 pm »
good draw.

hopefully manage to get tickets for this game (even in the home fans' stand).  :D
It is not impossible, its just improbable

Offline JFT96_LFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2012, 03:33:54 pm »
Live only 50mins away from Edinburgh so hopefully can get a hold of a ticket one way or another. Shouldn't be much of a problem beating Hearts to be honest.

Expect too see the local scallies mocking YNWA and waving union jack flags though.
THE ONE AND ONLY

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2012, 03:47:06 pm »
Pleased with that. It'll be interesting to see how they do the tkts for this- credits from 10/11 or ? Loads will want to go ::)

looking at Gomel i'd expect something similar to that i'd have thought?

Tickets will be on sale to Hospitality Members, Season Ticket holders, official Members and Fan Card holders who attended five or more European away games in 2010-2011 from 8.15am until 1pm on Monday, July 30.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/fc-gomel-v-lfc-ticket-news-1
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2012, 04:03:38 pm »
Hadn't seen that as couldn't go, but that will do me (she says rushing off to count her credits from 10/11! Not sure I went to 5.)
We are a team of one half.

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2012, 04:03:46 pm »
Can't say how happy I am for this home leg.  Bringing the family over for vacation that week and 3 tickets together for Arsenal was a total bust!  3 together for this should be no problem, and then I can just get 1 or 2 for Arsenal.  Wife doesn't mind if I go to Arsenal alone, or just me and my daughter.  Worst case, we all get at least one game at Anfield!!
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2012, 04:08:54 pm »
This is a nice little draw for our next leg.  Bring on Hearts.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2012, 04:09:48 pm »
Hadn't seen that as couldn't go, but that will do me (she says rushing off to count her credits from 10/11! Not sure I went to 5.)

i know what you mean, will say it is easier to spot these games in the history though, not been many 'exotic' games/names for a while ;D
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2012, 04:13:41 pm »
Should be straight forward, probably wont be. When are games vs Scottish teams ever as easy as they should be?

That one against Celtic where Stevie shat all over them in both legs? That's honestly the last time I remember playing a Scottish club.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2012, 04:15:40 pm »
celtic knocked us out in 2003, weve never thrashed celtic in a competitive game...scots always hard games.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2012, 04:17:01 pm »
Thing is Hearts players where possitively starstruck over Tottenham last season. This season - hopefully the senior pro's will warn the rest in time.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2012, 04:19:29 pm »
I can see the Jambos being up for this one after Spurs beat they so badly last year. Should be a good game, shame I am on my holidays for the Anfield leg and thus can't schedule a business trip to Liverpool that just happens to be on a European night!
Justice for the 96!

Offline sammyboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • I can't believe you just said that!
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2012, 04:22:02 pm »
I'm not going to say these games will be 'easy', but Hearts (apart from winning the Cup in a very one-sided Final against a shocking Hibs team) weren't a great side last season.

They now have a new manager and have undergone a major change in the playing staff, but I can't see them doing much this season, and if BR puts out a decent team, they shouldn't cause us too many worries.

And if Suarez plays, he'll tear them apart!! ;D

Edinburgh during the Festival is a fantastic place to be - pubs open til 3am and clubs open til 5am, every night. It's a beautiful city - if you can find accommodation and can afford to stay, I'd highly recommend it. I may be slightly biased cos I lived there for 14 years, but I know a lot of people around the world who'd say the same.
R.I.P YNWA

Nah we just wear kilts with no underwear in a cold climate so you English c*nts will think we're braver and tougher than we are.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2012, 04:27:09 pm »
celtic knocked us out in 2003, weve never thrashed celtic in a competitive game...scots always hard games.

I just looked into this and you're right, we haven't played them for years. I wonder what game I'm thinking of.

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2012, 04:27:18 pm »
Small ground means a small percentage of tickets for us. No need for accommodation as it's only just up the road, well under 4 hours in the car.
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2012, 04:30:46 pm »
The Charlie Adam/Fordy shite is getting seriously boring.

Yeah, exactly.  That's the point ;)

Offline gazza1976

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2012, 05:14:38 pm »
guys i live 45 mins away from edinburgh and it takes me 3 hours to get to anfield some times quicker :) so not a bad trip just hope i can get tickets
JFT96 Y.N.W.A

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2012, 05:16:59 pm »

Celtic beating us nearly a decade ago will have no bearing on how the game will go against Hearts nor will the fact that they are from Scotland.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2012, 06:15:55 pm »
Is fat scouser reading from his latest novella at the fringe? i feel he might get the Perrier

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2012, 07:01:31 pm »
Proper made up with this draw, i'll deffo get one but I hope we get more tickets than expected.. boss away day this one

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2012, 07:05:25 pm »
I just looked into this and you're right, we haven't played them for years. I wonder what game I'm thinking of.

We did beat them 5-1 in a friendly match in 2004.

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2012, 07:05:49 pm »
Damn it, live only 20 minutes away from Tynecastle but will be impossible for me to get a ticket, home or away.

Offline OrangeMochaFraps

• Legacy Fan
  • Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious.
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2012, 07:07:29 pm »
Solid draw.  The less travel the better

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2012, 07:07:50 pm »

You may be thinking of the game in 98 (i think) when your other Stevie broke our Hearts...though that wasn't a thrashing just hard to take, which is sometimes worse than a thrashing.

For anyone who is thinking about staying in weegie land and travelling through to Edinburgh - trains are every 15 minutes from Queen Street.

The Edinburgh trains are generally heaving so you'll want to get through as early as possible to miss everyone coming out of work.

Also for those who like doing touristy things, whilst i haven't been through in about a month, i have travelled back and forth to my work's Edinburgh Office a lot and Princes Street undergoing yet another face lift and a nightmare to navigate.  Add that to the fringe.  It is going to be very busy. 

Edinburgh buses are much better than ours though and should be a big help in making sure you get where you need to be with minimum of fuss and cost.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 07:11:08 pm by ghirl67 »
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline SteLFC91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2012, 07:11:24 pm »

Maybe you're thinking of TNS who have similar kits to Celtic? Stevie scored 5 against them over the two legs of that game in 2005 I think. 

Offline MFC_LFC

• Boys Pen
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2012, 07:40:22 pm »
Hearts were poor last year, and they've lost half their team.............should be an easy win.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2012, 07:45:03 pm »
Hope their fans are better behaved than that Hibs shower who came down in '76....

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2012, 07:50:37 pm »
Can't wait for this, around a 4 hour trip by car for this should do it no problem.
AMF

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2012, 07:52:12 pm »
Not heard good reports about the hearts fans to be honest, edinburghs  rangers basically,  so HORRIBLE  twats.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2012, 07:52:39 pm »
Really happy about this, especially with how hard the start of our season is the less travel to far away country the better.

Offline BigChris747

• Kemlynite
Liverpool Vs Hearts - Europa League Thread
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2012, 07:55:25 pm »
I stay only 30 mins away from Edinburgh but will have no chance of tickets :(

Takes me around 4 hours to drive to Anfield so a decent 'away' trip prior to the City game. I'd also be very very surprised if Hearts cause us any trouble at all.
Twitter - @BigChrisSmith