Author Topic: Adam Morgan  (Read 88013 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: Adam Morgan
« Reply #360 on: October 12, 2012, 10:01:54 am »
he has to be played as the 1 up top not one of the wide 2 like he did against hearts.   he knows where the goal is, its a natural finisher fowleresque dare i say, he will do very well for us.  and of course he is from halewood
ive thought that a lot, closest ive seen to fowler
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: October 12, 2012, 10:04:53 am »
Will never have the pace, nor the physical presence to make it in this league.
he looks pretty quick to me and hes 6ft tall plus hes only 18 so few months hitting the weights and maybe another inch of growth that wont be a problem

suarez isnt exactly 6 ft3 is he? if he turns out to be good enough size wont matter.

Offline johnhouldinglfc

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: October 12, 2012, 10:23:49 am »
Yesil is ahead of Morgan by quite some way. Yesil single handedly has spanked morgan's england side on a few occasions

Really cant understand why anyone would think Morgan is ahead of Yesil in the pecking order.

However I'd imagine both of them will get some minutes with Borini injured.

Also I know some people have complained about Morgan being played wide.

While its clear that its not his best position, a situation where he played on the right with Suarez in the CF role and Sterling on the left wouldn't be the worst in my opinion in terms of goal threat.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: October 12, 2012, 10:33:03 am »
Yesil is ahead of Morgan by quite some way. Yesil single handedly has spanked morgan's england side on a few occasions
I dont see what that has to do with it (germany v england)

most recent match i saw Morgan was shunted out wide but more than played his part in the 4-1 u21 game against Chelsea. Yesil missed an open goal and lasted 57 minutes (though I think hed played twice that week for Germany so he looked tired).

I wouldnt say Yesil is streets ahead just yet. Id like to see atleast both on the bench or one starting and one on the bench in the next few games with Borini out

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #364 on: October 12, 2012, 11:10:19 am »
I dont see what that has to do with it (germany v england)

most recent match i saw Morgan was shunted out wide but more than played his part in the 4-1 u21 game against Chelsea. Yesil missed an open goal and lasted 57 minutes (though I think hed played twice that week for Germany so he looked tired).

I wouldnt say Yesil is streets ahead just yet. Id like to see atleast both on the bench or one starting and one on the bench in the next few games with Borini out
Well it's a few games they've been on the pitch together, so it's easy to make a comparison. Saying that Yesil stood out on the pitch even though Sterling was in the England team.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: October 12, 2012, 11:14:41 am »
Well it's a few games they've been on the pitch together, so it's easy to make a comparison. Saying that Yesil stood out on the pitch even though Sterling was in the England team.
Ive high hopes for both anyway or all 3 including Raheem

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: October 13, 2012, 12:47:14 am »
he looks pretty quick to me and hes 6ft tall plus hes only 18 so few months hitting the weights and maybe another inch of growth that wont be a problem

suarez isnt exactly 6 ft3 is he? if he turns out to be good enough size wont matter.
Likes of suarez is different, he is that good he could be any size and still be world class. Got high hopes for yesil, though hardly seen him play.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: October 20, 2012, 10:47:52 am »
He scored twice for u21s last night. One a rebound after Ngoo missed. One was like that goal aldo scored against arsenal when Steve mcmahon went on a mad run. Good poaching

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: October 20, 2012, 11:03:21 am »
He really has an instinct to put in those quick chances. Something we've been missing for a good while I think..

Offline Ed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #369 on: October 20, 2012, 05:41:43 pm »
I hope he's in the team for the midweek UEFA cup match. Raheem & Luis both look in need of a rest following the International break and the Reading match...

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #370 on: October 20, 2012, 05:51:00 pm »
Will hopefuly see this lad in the europa league this week, luis definatly needs a rest, espescailly just before the derby on sunday. Think morgan can do a job if given the opportunity midweek

Offline shizzledizzle

• Kopite
« Reply #371 on: October 23, 2012, 08:39:49 am »
So are we going to see this lad against Anzhi?? I have to say that from what ive seen from him (which isnt a lot really) ive been very impressed he seems like a Filipo Inzaghi (please dont think that im saying he is as good as Inzaghi, he is only the same type IMO) type of player he is a poacher and he runs his socks off to get the ball...
with the amount of quality we have on the wings if we will get the ball into the box a lot we can benefit from him taking up the loose ones and he has good movement too...

I actually hope he gets a chance before Yesil, I think he can do more damage...

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: October 23, 2012, 08:44:28 am »
thought he looked out of his depth when he started against Hearts

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: October 23, 2012, 09:05:14 am »

Sell him, he'll never make it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #374 on: October 23, 2012, 09:30:56 am »
Yesil seems more at ease (probably it is a german thing in a non stereotype way) than Adam in the first team.  Adam will probably feature more in the domestic cup games and Yesil hopefully in UEFA
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Online Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: October 23, 2012, 09:33:16 am »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #376 on: October 23, 2012, 09:35:58 am »

He was played out of position though.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: October 23, 2012, 12:16:31 pm »
Sell him, he'll never make it.

No wouldint do that, just not yet ready for the first team i reckon

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: October 23, 2012, 12:18:04 pm »
No wouldint do that, just not yet ready for the first team i reckon

Based on one game?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #379 on: October 23, 2012, 12:37:48 pm »
Whooshes all over the place...

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: October 23, 2012, 12:57:01 pm »
Yesil will get the nod ahead of him on thursday.

Doubt anything has changed since Morgan was told his all round game needs to improve and he can't just rely on his finishing at wba in the cup

cyas

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: October 23, 2012, 01:08:52 pm »
Based on one game?

not basing it on one game, Ive watched him reguraly with the reserves, pre-season and albeit its my opinion, compared to the other young lads I feel his not just ready yet, hopefully he will soon as we could do with more strikers...reminds me abit of Mellor, great eye for goal but tactically not yet that astute enough

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: October 23, 2012, 01:10:16 pm »
not basing it on one game, Ive watched him reguraly with the reserves, pre-season and albeit its my opinion, compared to the other young lads I feel his not just ready yet, hopefully he will soon as we could do with more strikers...reminds me abit of Mellor, great eye for goal but tactically not yet that astute enough

Ok, it's just that your initial post suggested the it was based on the Hearts game.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: October 23, 2012, 01:11:30 pm »
Yesil will get the nod ahead of him on thursday.

Doubt anything has changed since Morgan was told his all round game needs to improve and he can't just rely on his finishing at wba in the cup

Of course his all round game needs to improve, but isn't that the problem for a lot of strikers really? Being almost invisible for a good 60 minutes and then when the right chance comes and its all turned around. I know it isn't a great argument for promoting a player, but still its the fact for a lot of the great strikers around the world.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: October 23, 2012, 01:20:30 pm »
From the little I've seen of both playing with the first team, I'd say that maybe Yesil is a tad more ready at the moment. I'd like to see more of them in the next few weeks (EL, League Cup, possibly the first couple of rounds of FA Cup if we get a good draw).
Anyway, I'd have one of the two in the squad in every league fixture aswell, rather that having no strikers on the bench as it recently happened.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #385 on: October 23, 2012, 01:50:13 pm »
Of course his all round game needs to improve, but isn't that the problem for a lot of strikers really? Being almost invisible for a good 60 minutes and then when the right chance comes and its all turned around. I know it isn't a great argument for promoting a player, but still its the fact for a lot of the great strikers around the world.

May be Brendan likes his players to be involve during most of the game hence why he wants players like Sterling in his team and looking at others like Sturridge and Walcott but kept away from Carroll, for example
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: October 23, 2012, 02:24:23 pm »
Don't think he is ready either, but he is still young, not every player will be a Sterling for what its worth both Yesil and Morgan still need to prove their worth in the reserves or out on loan for me.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: October 23, 2012, 02:31:13 pm »
May be Brendan likes his players to be involve during most of the game hence why he wants players like Sterling in his team and looking at others like Sturridge and Walcott but kept away from Carroll, for example

Agree, I also believe this. But wouldn't mind a great finisher to come into the team which gives us a 20 goals per season in the league, and I wouldn't then care to much if he was invinsible or not. Best of worlds would have both of course.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #388 on: October 23, 2012, 03:09:45 pm »
If Morgan started every single league game from now until the end of the season, through the middle. Im confident in saying he'd score at least 10 goals.

He'd pick up those rebounds, near/far post tap ins and other such unglamourous goals in any team. And we seem to leave a lotof those chances going begging.

Trouble is that we need more than 'just' goals right now from that player. More than Morgan could provide.

Because our squad is so thin on genuine top class attacking talent and much of any sort of support act we need our no9 to score goals laid on for him, create goals for others and create them for himself.

It's a bridge too far. Be it for Morgan, Yesil, Ngoo or whoever.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #389 on: October 23, 2012, 04:24:07 pm »
Even against Hearts he scored, it was just unfortunate it was ruled out for being out of play before the cross. He's always in the right place and only got 60 minutes in that game.

Play him on the right for the first team and he's not really going to look great, but use him as a sub and he can make an impact for sure. Suarez wasn't fit in that second half, so Morgan could have got on for him and maybe put a chance or two away to finish the game off and improve the goal difference.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #390 on: October 23, 2012, 04:30:19 pm »
This lad is a natural goalscorer and i hope he gets a chance possbily thursday on the bench...always seems to pop up in the right positions to score goals, like against toronto in the preseason and against hearts (although that was ruled out!). promising young striker!

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: October 24, 2012, 12:19:46 am »
If Morgan started every single league game from now until the end of the season, through the middle. Im confident in saying he'd score at least 10 goals.

He'd pick up those rebounds, near/far post tap ins and other such unglamourous goals in any team. And we seem to leave a lotof those chances going begging.

Trouble is that we need more than 'just' goals right now from that player. More than Morgan could provide.

Because our squad is so thin on genuine top class attacking talent and much of any sort of support act we need our no9 to score goals laid on for him, create goals for others and create them for himself.

He might get 10 if he played up there with Suarez in a 2. No way could he play he up there on his own, he'd get eaten alive.

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: October 24, 2012, 06:53:28 am »
I don,t think he,s ready yet, but the potential is definitely there.

The one thing he does have going for him is that he,s a goal-scorer, and to use a tired old cliche, a natural goal-scorer. at that. Doesn,t ever seem to get flustered, or nervous in front of goal.

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #393 on: October 24, 2012, 07:01:24 am »

So could Andy Carroll. The reason he's not here has nothing to do with goal scoring, it's to do with style. Rodgers wants a player that fits his style that can also score goals. Which means Yesil is always likely to get a go over Morgan.

I'm not sure what seperates Morgan from a number of reserves players we've had that have naught to their game bar goal scoring. Neil Mellor being the absolute prime example.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #394 on: October 24, 2012, 07:11:50 am »
So could Andy Carroll. The reason he's not here has nothing to do with goal scoring, it's to do with style. Rodgers wants a player that fits his style that can also score goals. Which means Yesil is always likely to get a go over Morgan.

I'm not sure what seperates Morgan from a number of reserves players we've had that have naught to their game bar goal scoring. Neil Mellor being the absolute prime example.

That's essentially what I said isn't it? Morgan would get his goals, but the team wouldn't be better for it.

That's about the gist of what I wrote. Other than the bit about Yesil being a better fit. Seeing as I've seen about 2 matches he's played in I feel it's a bit premature to just assume he's better for the 'system'. Personally.

Thought Yesil looked very lightweight myself in his start for us. Lively, but he was pretty easily contained.

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: October 24, 2012, 12:54:54 pm »
It's a bit early to say how any of them could have an impact on the first team unless given the chance. Some players just click with team mates and others need time. I thought Maxi looked superb when playing with Suarez and Bellamy but looked out of sorts with other combinations.
I like the look of both Yesil and Morgan from what I have seen. Both get their shots on goal so that is a bonus, but don't judge them until they are given a proper go with quality team mates.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: October 24, 2012, 06:13:37 pm »
Was sat at the game against Stoke and these lads said that Morgan thinks he's made it so he's acting big licks.

Source: The lad's Uncle - Adam Morgan's uncle as the geezer works with him.

No idea if true but can't say he acts big licks in the ressies.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #397 on: October 24, 2012, 06:16:02 pm »
Was sat at the game against Stoke and these lads said that Morgan thinks he's made it so he's acting big licks.

Big licks?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: October 24, 2012, 06:17:47 pm »
Big licks?

big licks - big dog, the man, thinks he's made it.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #399 on: October 24, 2012, 06:45:04 pm »

May well be some truth in that.

Was in Modo last night in town, saw Raheem now I did him a favour a couple of weeks ago he wanted a video comp of him vs Stoke, i've spoken to him a few times im not just name dropping here, anyway I see him, go up to him and tell him who I am he's proper sound with me next minute big mouth Adam Morgan comes over, ''argh lad you need to pay him a 5er for every photo, fuuuccck off'' - I replied nah mate I did him a favour the other week so its all good, wanted to deck him mind, Raheem pulls me over I get a photo. Top lad.

Disappointed in Morgan like, heard he's a bit of a twat, defo thinks hes made it.