Author Topic: South American Football. Leagues, Copa Libertadores etc.  (Read 136365 times)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: South American Football. Leagues, Copa Libertadores etc.
« Reply #600 on: November 27, 2018, 04:56:24 pm »

Boca are on about taking this to CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport), whilst River Plate are making their own case if Boca don't play the game.

Boca president Daniel Angelici said to the press 'We don't accept playing any game, in 2015 we were disqualified for the same. There are precedents for what we are requesting & so we wait calmly for the outcome of the tribunal'

https://twitter.com/golazoargentino

'Copa Libertadores final moved from Argentina as Boca demand River thrown out'...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/27/copa-libertadores-final-moved-from-argentina-as-boca-demand-river-thrown-out
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 05:17:38 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #601 on: November 27, 2018, 05:03:45 pm »
Think Boca have a point to be honest, especially as for a similar incident they forfeited the match to River in 2015 and disqualified from the tournament for 2 years. 

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #602 on: November 27, 2018, 05:12:35 pm »
 CONMEBOL excuse could be, Boca were disqualified from the tournament as that happened inside the stadium, were as the bus attack happened outside the stadium, UEFA keep coming up with this as the reason for not banning Roma fans from matches.
#Sausages

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #603 on: November 27, 2018, 05:13:19 pm »
That's unfair. They should just ban river plate fans or something

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: November 27, 2018, 07:29:39 pm »
CONMEBOL excuse could be, Boca were disqualified from the tournament as that happened inside the stadium, were as the bus attack happened outside the stadium, UEFA keep coming up with this as the reason for not banning Roma fans from matches.
yeah that’s how I see it, if anything they should ban games from Buenos Aires for the incompetent policing sending the bus on a different route to usual to one where they go past loads of river fans

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: November 27, 2018, 07:48:14 pm »
Varsky saying conmebol are thinking of barranquilla for this

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: November 28, 2018, 02:49:10 pm »
Think Boca have a point to be honest, especially as for a similar incident they forfeited the match to River in 2015 and disqualified from the tournament for 2 years.
Boca's incident was inside the stadium, which falls under their security. River's incident was outside the stadium and mainly due to incompetent and borderline corrupt policing.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #607 on: November 28, 2018, 02:58:34 pm »
If the game is moved out of BA would it still be classed as a second leg? Or would this be a one off final?

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: November 28, 2018, 03:01:07 pm »
If the game is moved out of BA would it still be classed as a second leg? Or would this be a one off final?
There is no away goals and the first leg ended in a 2-2 draw so technically, it is like a one off final anyway.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #609 on: November 28, 2018, 03:02:39 pm »
They should have done that to begin with.

One-legged finals in other countries can turn ugly too, which we unfortunately as a club are all too aware of in a European context. Whatever the outcome, I'm sure there will be major riots in Buenos Aires too given what has happened. In a country like Argentina, the football club is all that many of their fans have in the face of the desperate poverty of the lower classes over there. When people feel like they have nothing to lose and then lose what they have left (their Copa Libertadores dream)- then things could get really bad indeed.
Linudden.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: November 28, 2018, 03:18:45 pm »
Boca's incident was inside the stadium, which falls under their security. River's incident was outside the stadium and mainly due to incompetent and borderline corrupt policing.

I'd say the incident was mainly due to River Plate hooligans, but that's just me.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: November 28, 2018, 03:20:15 pm »
One-legged finals in other countries can turn ugly too, which we unfortunately as a club are all too aware of in a European context. Whatever the outcome, I'm sure there will be major riots in Buenos Aires too given what has happened. In a country like Argentina, the football club is all that many of their fans have in the face of the desperate poverty of the lower classes over there. When people feel like they have nothing to lose and then lose what they have left (their Copa Libertadores dream)- then things could get really bad indeed.

The final should have been played without either sets of fans. The bad blood between these two is notorious and all of this could have been prevented .

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: November 28, 2018, 03:29:52 pm »
I'd say the incident was mainly due to River Plate hooligans, but that's just me.
River's barras bravas had an issue with the club who refused to sell them tickets to the game, they then went on like the mafia that they are and paid the local police authorities to lessen security around the stadium and specifically Boca's bus. It is why a lot of the barras bravas stole tickets from genuine fans outside the stadium in front of the police and the police did nothing.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: November 28, 2018, 04:04:30 pm »
Game is going to be played in Doha.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #614 on: November 28, 2018, 04:09:26 pm »
Doha would be a terrible choice.  No atmosphere, no local market, all international interest dissipated, big bag of $ for Conmebol and nothing but association with FIFA’s darkest hour to show for it.  Literally anywhere else would be a better choice.

In short, this game needs a fitting audience.  It’s big because it matters; nobody (outside Argentina) cares about it if it’s played in the desert.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 04:44:50 pm by Iska »

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: November 28, 2018, 05:41:33 pm »
Playing devil's advocate for a second - this is not that terrible of a choice as the winner will play in the Club World Cup in Qatar a few days later, so I kinda understand the convenience argument.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: November 28, 2018, 05:53:22 pm »
Playing devil's advocate for a second - this is not that terrible of a choice as the winner will play in the Club World Cup in Qatar UAE a few days later, so I kinda understand the convenience argument.
Corrected

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: November 28, 2018, 06:28:38 pm »
Anyone thinking of going?
Makes a superclássico once in a life time river / boca liberartadores final sort of doable for the neutrals in Asia and Europe - what’s a return flight to Doha typically? Around £600 quid isn’t it.

Obviously not the same as in Buenos Aries like - but still.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #618 on: November 28, 2018, 07:13:00 pm »
Anyone thinking of going?
Makes a superclássico once in a life time river / boca liberartadores final sort of doable for the neutrals in Asia and Europe - what’s a return flight to Doha typically? Around £600 quid isn’t it.

Obviously not the same as in Buenos Aries like - but still.

Take your boots mate - if Boca don't turn up you may get a game! :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: November 28, 2018, 10:47:02 pm »
If you’re Conmebol surely, surely you take this to New York?  Every other competition is dying to get a bit of US action, and this is the one game where there’s actually some sort of decent excuse.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #620 on: November 28, 2018, 11:36:39 pm »
If you’re Conmebol surely, surely you take this to New York?  Every other competition is dying to get a bit of US action, and this is the one game where there’s actually some sort of decent excuse.

Miami was offered. Don't think it's being considered.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: November 28, 2018, 11:58:19 pm »
its freezing and the only stadium big enough will have nfl on the Sunday, LA is probably more do able and better weather

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #622 on: November 29, 2018, 05:28:17 pm »
its freezing and the only stadium big enough will have nfl on the Sunday, LA is probably more do able and better weather

As it happens both the Jets & Giants have road games that week[9th December], so stadium might be available, weather on the other hand could be a problem.
#Sausages

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: November 29, 2018, 05:39:26 pm »
If it's in Qatar i'm boycotting watching it.

I feel sorry for the fans over there, Their biggest game in south American football being sold for corrupt bloody petro dollars.

Can they not play the game at another Buenos Aires stadium as it punishes the River fans not seeing it their own ground, But they still get to see the team in their home city.

Can they not have the game at Independiente's stadium that has a 50k capacity?

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: November 29, 2018, 06:21:57 pm »
Can they not play the game at another Buenos Aires stadium as it punishes the River fans not seeing it their own ground, But they still get to see the team in their home city.

Can they not have the game at Independiente's stadium that has a 50k capacity?
That’s a good point, it’s not like Buenos Aires is short of stadiums.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #625 on: November 29, 2018, 06:26:38 pm »
Probably because of the high potential for trouble outside the stadium, it won't be held in Buenos Aires
#Sausages

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: November 29, 2018, 09:44:02 pm »
Get to see Palacios at the bernebeu earlier than expected

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: November 29, 2018, 10:22:57 pm »
Bernabeu confirmed. Disgraceful that, feel for the good fans getting totally fucked over.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: November 29, 2018, 10:29:01 pm »
Bernabeu confirmed. Disgraceful that, feel for the good fans getting totally fucked over.
much better than qatar! Would love to do this but can’t unfortunately

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: November 29, 2018, 10:56:10 pm »
I’m suddenly really into this idea, but ... how rash would it be to, say, look into getting tickets on the basis that it will actually go ahead?  Boca are still, rather ignobly, insisting that River should be disqualified and that they should be declared champions by default.  I can’t shake the feeling that this might be the sort of match that gets decided by one of the teams not turning up.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: November 29, 2018, 11:23:40 pm »
£110 quid return flights to madrid at moment very tempted

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #632 on: November 29, 2018, 11:53:53 pm »

'Postponed Copa Libertadores final to be played at Bernabéu Stadium in Madrid'...

Second leg now on Sunday 9th December (7.30pm kick off - UK time) after attack on Boca Juniors bus
River Plate given $400,000 fine and two-match stadium ban

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/29/copa-libertadores-boca-juniors-river-plate-real-madrid-santiago-bernabeu-rescheduled

Fans of both sides will be given an equal allocation of tickets

The match will be shown live in the UK on BT Sport and FreeSports

TV Channels around the world showing the game live (+ great for IPTV etc) - https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/3164403/river-plate-vs-boca-juniors/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 01:19:32 am by oojason »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #633 on: November 30, 2018, 01:12:53 am »
Postponed Copa Libertadores final to be played at Bernabéu Stadium in Madrid

• Second leg now on 9 December after attack on Boca Juniors bus
• River Plate given $400,000 fine and two-match stadium ban

Conmebol have confirmed that the postponed second leg of the Copa Libertadores final between River Plate and Boca Juniors will be played at Real Madrid’s home ground, Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, on 9 December. Fans of both sides will be given an equal allocation of tickets, meaning no ‘home’ team.

Argentina’s two biggest teams drew the first leg 2-2 at Boca’s ground and were due to play the second match in South America’s equivalent of the Champions League final at River’s El Monumental stadium on Saturday. However, three Boca players were left needing medical attention when River fans attacked Boca’s bus as it approached the stadium and the game was delayed until Sunday and then postponed indefinitely.

Thursday’s decision to play the second leg in Madrid came after Conmebol’s meeting in Asunción on Tuesday, with the South American confederation also confirming that River will be fined $400,000 and have El Monumental closed for two games.

“Those of us who know the beautiful game, know that it only about winning or losing – not killing or dying for,” said Conmebol president Alejandro Domínguez. “I would like to begin by thanking Spanish prime minister Pedro Sánchez, [Fifa president Gianni] Infantino, [Uefa president Aleksander] Ceferin and my good friend [Real Madrid president] Florentino Pérez.

“The administration has elected to hold the Copa Libertadores final return leg, in front of both sets of supporters in Madrid, at the Santiago Bernabéu on 9 December at 8.30pm local time [7.30pm GMT]”. Real Madrid are due to play an away match in La Liga at Huesca on that date.

Prime minister Sanchez tweeted: “Spain is ready to organise the final of the Copa Libertadores between Boca Juniors and River Plate. The security forces have extensive experience of these situations and are already working on the necessary deployments to ensure the event is secure.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...te-real-madrid-santiago-bernabeu-rescheduled?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #634 on: November 30, 2018, 01:16:29 am »
Haha how many tickets each? That can only end well lol

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: November 30, 2018, 10:51:12 am »
So will there be discounted flights etc for the fans. This is a financial hardship for alot of people

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: November 30, 2018, 11:04:40 am »
Prices out the undesirables tho

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #637 on: November 30, 2018, 11:53:09 am »

The working class you mean?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #638 on: November 30, 2018, 12:49:05 pm »

If you knew anything about the backdrop of what happened you'd be aware that is not even close to the case. The Barra Bravas could afford it with ease, visa/entry might be an issue but that's it.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: November 30, 2018, 12:51:39 pm »
If you knew anything about the backdrop of what happened you'd be aware that is not even close to the case. The Barra Bravas could afford it with ease, visa/entry might be an issue but that's it.
it was sarcasm I know full well the clubs often pay for them to travel to aways abroad and that they’re pretty rich (those at the top) just that there will be a far greater mix of the well off fan than barras than if it were in BA