Author Topic: The 25th of May, Happy Istanbul Day and Rome day.  (Read 56954 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The 25th of May, Happy Istanbul Day and Rome day.
« Reply #400 on: May 25, 2024, 07:33:18 pm »
LFC tv showing Istanbul now, you haven’t missed anything yet… 🙃

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: May 25, 2024, 08:20:06 pm »
Instanbul ..don’t have to say anything except Rafa Benitez gave me the greatest night of my Liverpool supporting life .will never be surpassed ..or will it ?…

It was the best final in history at the timr and 19 years on its still not been surpassed. The whole run was amazing and Rafa built us to be one of the best side in Europe. For that, it'll always be a special time.

That night though, still can't believe it happened. A beautiful moment in history.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #402 on: May 25, 2024, 08:28:18 pm »
It was the best final in history at the timr and 19 years on its still not been surpassed. The whole run was amazing and Rafa built us to be one of the best side in Europe. For that, it'll always be a special time.

That night though, still can't believe it happened. A beautiful moment in history.

From utter despair at half-time, followed by YNWA to 3-3, it was just an unbelievable roller coaster.

The maddest thing in the world is that something so outlandish doesn't rate definitively as our greatest comeback.

We are truly privileged.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #403 on: May 26, 2024, 01:59:12 am »
From utter despair at half-time, followed by YNWA to 3-3, it was just an unbelievable roller coaster.

The maddest thing in the world is that something so outlandish doesn't rate definitively as our greatest comeback.

We are truly privileged.
In your opinion, of course ...

For me, nevermind in our history, that IS the greatest comeback win in club football.

Two Mighty Clubs. One super Mighty team (arguably best team on the planet then).

The worst and best 3 hours of my life to date.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: May 26, 2024, 08:58:41 am »
I've had worse nights.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: May 26, 2024, 09:07:31 am »

We are truly privileged.

We definitely are! I see what you mean about it not being definitive but I guess given the circumstances, I'd probably rank it as the best but there's no right answer really. With Klopp leaving, it's started to bring back memories of his time here (obviously) but also of how Houllier and Rafa gave us some amazing nights as well :D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #406 on: May 26, 2024, 11:35:41 am »
My wedding night too. People - women especially - are amazed that I have no difficulty remembering my wedding anniversary. I smile and play the modern man.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #407 on: May 26, 2024, 07:55:35 pm »

I said in the Rafa thread that if Istanbul had been a Hollywood movie piece of fiction you’d have watched it and thought what a load of corny old rubbish,as if that would ever  happen ,but oh my god it did happen ..to us .what a game ,what a night .
All these years later and I still can’t believe it .all those emotions come flooding back when I see the highlights,jumping around our front room with the kids screaming my head off like a demented loon when jersey dudek saved that pen.
What a night

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #408 on: May 26, 2024, 08:10:10 pm »
In was reading today that Andriy Shevchenko said that after Istanbul he used to wake up at night screaming and sweating. It basically wrecked his head for a long time afterwards.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #409 on: May 26, 2024, 08:21:52 pm »
In was reading today that Andriy Shevchenko said that after Istanbul he used to wake up at night screaming and sweating. It basically wrecked his head for a long time afterwards.
I bet it did the same to all of them.
It was the talk of the sporting world not just the football world in the following days .

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #410 on: May 26, 2024, 08:36:43 pm »

"I remember it like it was yesterday" is such a cliche, but no way did this happen that long ago. That's basically a full third of my life. Nonsense.

The above is from 2014, another 10 years ago, and now 19 years since the greatest night of my life.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: May 26, 2024, 11:17:23 pm »
I bet it did the same to all of them.
It was the talk of the sporting world not just the football world in the following days .
Yep, he said many of his teammates binned the video of the game and refuse to watch it again. He, however, said he rewatched it over 100 times.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #412 on: May 27, 2024, 07:41:08 am »
Yep, he said many of his teammates binned the video of the game and refuse to watch it again. He, however, said he rewatched it over 100 times.
All those great players in that great Milan side that night ,between them achieved so much not least paulo Maldini and this is the game that they’ll remember most of their whole careers .

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: May 27, 2024, 10:27:18 am »
All those great players in that great Milan side that night ,between them achieved so much not least paulo Maldini and this is the game that they’ll remember most of their whole careers .
That Milan side was insanely good. The names in there were simply sensational.

As you say, though, it's this game they'll remember above all others. It scarred them. That night we turned their whole world upside down.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: May 27, 2024, 01:54:25 pm »
I was a 14 year old lad crying into my LFC scarf at half time with my Mum with her arm round me getting me to join in the YNWA from our living room.

A magical night and one of my many lessons from this football club that you never give up on anything you believe in in life

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: May 27, 2024, 02:07:39 pm »
I watched Istanbul with my now dearly departed Dad. At half time I said it would either be the biggest European Cup Final humiliation ever, or the biggest turnaround ever. I think I slumped into my chair afterwards. Drained. 🥴

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: May 27, 2024, 06:50:07 pm »

I wonder, like me, does he still expect to score every time he sees that chance in extra time.

Like the Gudjohnsen one in the semi final, every time I see it I expect the net to bulge  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT