Author Topic: Could Hodgson avert abject failure for England?  (Read 216828 times)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Could Hodgson avert abject failure for England?
« Reply #3720 on: September 5, 2014, 01:19:51 pm »
Another thing about Roy is that he's such an uninspiring human.

The media are still not going hard enough on him, capello was far better  but then again the old xenophobic nature of the good ol English is showing its colours.
I really feel sorry for English fans having Hodgson as manager. How depressing! In the US we have Klinsmann who isn't perfect but is a nice blend between teacher, cheerleader and marketer. Just about the best combination you can realistically have in an international manager.

Hodgson is one of those rare people on the planet who could dissuade children from wanting to visit Disney if he was CEO there. "Oh yes, I've very proud of the job I'm doing at Disney. Of course, we're expecting rain today so it might not be the best day to visit. We'll do the best we can. Traffic will probably be horrible too, so your parents might get moody. And the raindrops might cause Cinderella's makeup to run, so don't be alarmed if you see a pimple or wrinkle on her face. So what if she isn't really the most beautiful woman on Earth? She's ours and we're proud to have her. Have fun today kids!"

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #3721 on: September 5, 2014, 01:24:04 pm »
The worrying thing is, if England produce a good performance (unlikely I know) and beat Switzerland on Monday night, the press will see it as Hodgson turning things around and that the "green shoots" of recovery are evident.

Hodgson knows that this is a group that he cannot fail to qualify from.  TWO teams from the group (not just the top team as in previous years) will go to France in 2016, and when you consider the teams in the group, it should be a formality.
It doesn't matter how shit he is, he should (and probably will) qualify for the European Championships.  So sadly, there is little chance of The FA getting rid of him.

We have a new manager too in Petkovic, but looking at your style of play I think we will win comfortably. I'll be at the game, I hope it won't be a 0-0 borefest.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #3722 on: September 5, 2014, 01:34:03 pm »
I really feel sorry for English fans having Hodgson as manager. How depressing!

I don't. They deserve each other.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3723 on: September 5, 2014, 01:39:59 pm »
We have a new manager too in Petkovic, but looking at your style of play I think we will win comfortably. I'll be at the game, I hope it won't be a 0-0 borefest.

Would you be more worried if England dropped Rooney, and played Sterling in behind Welbeck & Sturridge (or as a front three)?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3724 on: September 5, 2014, 01:51:25 pm »
England ‏@england  1m
Daniel Sturridge felt an injury in training this morning and will go for a scan this afternoon. He will then be assessed by England medics

:butt

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #3725 on: September 5, 2014, 01:53:57 pm »
Would you be more worried if England dropped Rooney, and played Sterling in behind Welbeck & Sturridge (or as a front three)?

I know your question is hypothetical, but you know as well as I do that it won't happen.

Roy has just appointed Rooney his captain.  How much (more) of a complete dick would he look to drop his captain 1 game after appointing him?
Rooney is here to stay.  He won't be dropped and if he is in the near future, it will be spun by saying he has "a slight knock".

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3726 on: September 5, 2014, 01:54:39 pm »
England ‏@england  1m
Daniel Sturridge felt an injury in training this morning and will go for a scan this afternoon. He will then be assessed by England medics

Roy 'testing' him again the other night I see.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #3727 on: September 5, 2014, 02:00:53 pm »
England ‏@england  1m

Fingers crossed it's nothing serious... I'd like to see him play on Monday.

Of course. Rooney should be on the bench, I can't understand why he is the Captain. 4-3-3 would suit England well now, with only one DM. Solid back four with Wilshere in front of them, Henderson and Lallana as left and right point of the triangle and a front three of Welbeck, Sturridge and Sterling. Accomodating Rooney is simply wrong, because he is not the best striker in the team and in every other position he is truly shite. 
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3728 on: September 5, 2014, 02:02:41 pm »
I know your question is hypothetical, but you know as well as I do that it won't happen.

Roy has just appointed Rooney his captain.  How much (more) of a complete dick would he look to drop his captain 1 game after appointing him?
Rooney is here to stay.  He won't be dropped and if he is in the near future, it will be spun by saying he has "a slight knock".

I know, my question was purely hypothetical.  I'm interested in an opposition fan's opinion on the current setup, as it's hard to be objective about the national team of your birth fielding a captain from your fiercest rivals together with your club's players.  I'd rather - hypothetically - no Liverpool players were in the squad while Roy is manager.  His training methods are old and brutal.  I wouldn't be surprised if one or two come back injured.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #3729 on: September 5, 2014, 02:06:57 pm »
FOUR MORE YEARS!!!

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3730 on: September 5, 2014, 02:06:57 pm »
England ‏@england  1m

Unless his leg is hanging off the hodge will play him full game to 'test him'.

I really feel sorry for English fans having Hodgson as manager. How depressing! In the US we have Klinsmann who isn't perfect but is a nice blend between teacher, cheerleader and marketer. Just about the best combination you can realistically have in an international manager.

Comparing Klinsmann with the Hodg is like comparing gold with rust, and that includes any weaknesses associated with Klinsmann.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3731 on: September 5, 2014, 02:11:25 pm »
Fingers crossed it's nothing serious... I'd like to see him play on Monday.

Of course. Rooney should be on the bench, I can't understand why he is the Captain. 4-3-3 would suit England well now, with only one DM. Solid back four with Wilshere in front of them, Henderson and Lallana as left and right point of the triangle and a front three of Welbeck, Sturridge and Sterling. Accomodating Rooney is simply wrong, because he is not the best striker in the team and in every other position he is truly shite.

Cheers.   It's interesting to hear this, as it doesn't seem too long ago that opposition fans would worry about Rooney.   He won't be dropped though for the reasons ashleyrose has already pointed out. 

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3732 on: September 5, 2014, 02:12:58 pm »
Unless his leg is hanging off the hodge will play him full game to 'test him'.

Comparing Klinsmann with the Hodg is like comparing gold with rust, and that includes any weaknesses associated with Klinsmann.

Yep.  Roy will say this is a good opportunity to test his commitment to the national team.  :butt

Can't the club have him pulled out??

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3733 on: September 5, 2014, 02:23:59 pm »
Yay pointless fucking international football! Weeeeeee

FUCK OFF!

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #3736 on: September 5, 2014, 04:23:53 pm »
E2K's awesomely blistering critique of the Hodgson era deserves to be a new thread in it's own right. Please use the new thread to continue the debate. :wave