Author Topic: Malky Mackay  (Read 102397 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cardiff - Malky Mackay Sacked
« Reply #1240 on: November 20, 2014, 08:35:50 pm »
“If any Englishman said he has never called a Chinaman a chink he is lying,” Whelan said.

Wow.

He's probably not far wrong. What he said may not be the most PC thing in the world these days, but I love reading the moral outrage of some people when things like this occur. I'd imagine a large % of the posters in this thread alone has made some sort of reference in their life to a Jew and their supposed love of money or a remark about them being tight with it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1241 on: November 20, 2014, 08:52:10 pm »
Dave Whelan in bellend shock horror.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1242 on: November 20, 2014, 08:53:19 pm »

I love listening to the dungeon master,he just doesn't know when to shut his mouth

Haha what a shout!

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1243 on: November 20, 2014, 09:52:47 pm »
“If any Englishman said he has never called a Chinaman a chink he is lying,” Whelan said.

Wow.
Haha  :o

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1244 on: November 20, 2014, 10:13:43 pm »
I'm sorry but the whole world is going mad. How old is Dave Whelan? People of a different age and generation have differing views to what was once politically correct and what no longer is. To suggest he is not a fit and proper owner is ridiculous. Yes he comes out with some comedy gold moments but he's pumped millions of his own money in to the club, stadium and local community. To suggest he isn't fit to own Wigan is pathetic and does the Kick It Out campaigners no favours.
JFT97

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1245 on: November 20, 2014, 10:19:27 pm »
Am I the only one wondering why neither Whelan or Mackay are victims of a media witch hunt like that fella from Uruguay?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1246 on: November 20, 2014, 10:21:53 pm »
Am I the only one wondering why neither Whelan or Mackay are victims of a media witch hunt like that fella from Uruguay?

In what way aren't they? I've seen the media widely condemning both figures. it's just that an out of work manager + chairman of a fairly small club from the championship don't get as much media spotlight as a star in one of the biggest clubs in the country
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: November 20, 2014, 10:23:45 pm »
In what way aren't they? I've seen the media widely condemning both figures. it's just that an out of work manager + chairman of a fairly small club from the championship don't get as much media spotlight

I find it hard to believe, despite there being no ambiguity about that Mackay or Whelan has said, that either will be on the back page of a top selling national newspaper with RACIST as the headline.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #1248 on: November 20, 2014, 10:24:07 pm »
I'm sorry but the whole world is going mad. How old is Dave Whelan? People of a different age and generation have differing views to what was once politically correct and what no longer is. To suggest he is not a fit and proper owner is ridiculous. Yes he comes out with some comedy gold moments but he's pumped millions of his own money in to the club, stadium and local community. To suggest he isn't fit to own Wigan is pathetic and does the Kick It Out campaigners no favours.
Love how its ok to be a racist bigot if you're old. Its how they used to do things so its cool. Like ISIS cutting of peoples heads, it ok, its how they used to do it, its their tradition and they have pumped millions into the region. They don't have to join the rest of the human race, its cool, they can be traditional.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: November 20, 2014, 10:27:03 pm »
I find it hard to believe, despite there being no ambiguity about that Mackay or Whelan has said, that either will be on the back page of a top selling national newspaper with RACIST as the headline.

The back page of a paper during the Mackay scandal:

It's getting pretty boring how the mere mention of the word racism on here gets people talking about Suarez + Evra, even after he's left the club.

Not only that, but it helps drag the discussion away from the fact that Mackay and what seems like Whelan too are bigoted c*nts
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: November 20, 2014, 10:29:02 pm »

I was born in 1982. When I was younger and someone suggested getting Chinese food, it was referred to as getting a 'chinks', 'chinkers' or 'chinkeys'. No one batted an eyelid. I still here it to this day. Personally, I don't see that as being racist, but obviously it is seen as no longer acceptable. People do need to accept though that the world is different to what ot was 15/20 years ago, but I agree in general that the world has gone pc mad.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1251 on: November 20, 2014, 10:30:22 pm »
The back page of a paper during the Mackay scandal:

It's getting pretty boring how the mere mention of the word racism on here gets people talking about Suarez + Evra, even after he's left the club.

Not only that, but it helps drag the discussion away from the fact that Mackay and what seems like Whelan too are bigoted c*nts

You pretty much backed up my point. Cheers.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1252 on: November 20, 2014, 10:32:13 pm »
Love how its ok to be a racist bigot if you're old. Its how they used to do things so its cool. Like ISIS cutting of peoples heads, it ok, its how they used to do it, its their tradition and they have pumped millions into the region. They don't have to join the rest of the human race, its cool, they can be traditional.
Ridiculous, comparing Dave Whelan to ISIS. Where did I say being a racist bigot was ok? Do you think Whelan is a racist bigot? I don't think he is. He is probably the same age as my Gran would be if she were still alive. She used to call a black neighbour a nig nog and to her face. Was she a racist bigot? No, it was her generation and not everyone keeps abreast of how the world changes.
JFT97

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: November 20, 2014, 10:37:23 pm »
Ridiculous, comparing Dave Whelan to ISIS. Where did I say being a racist bigot was ok? Do you think Whelan is a racist bigot? I don't think he is. He is probably the same age as my Gran would be if she were still alive. She used to call a black neighbour a nig nog and to her face. Was she a racist bigot? No, it was her generation and not everyone keeps abreast of how the world changes.

If she was made aware that nignog wasn't acceptable and was a racist slur yet continued to use it anyway then yes she was racist, and if the black person she said it to was offended she could have faced prosecution.

Not really sure how this applies to Whelan though, he's an owner of a multi million pound company in the public eye and regularly in the media, not some old man sat in his house with no contact with the outside world. Claiming jews care more about money and that everybody says "chink" are racist and anti-Semitic remarks, anybody with a braincell knows that. There's no defence for the Thatcher loving c*nt

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1254 on: November 20, 2014, 10:40:28 pm »
I was born in 1982. When I was younger and someone suggested getting Chinese food, it was referred to as getting a 'chinks', 'chinkers' or 'chinkeys'. No one batted an eyelid. I still here it to this day. Personally, I don't see that as being racist, but obviously it is seen as no longer acceptable. People do need to accept though that the world is different to what ot was 15/20 years ago, but I agree in general that the world has gone pc mad.
The point I am trying, clearly not very well, to make. Racism is wrong, fact. Everyone has different tolerance levels and different views and opinions to what is racism and what isn't. Lest we all forget, a certain ex centre forward of ours was convicted of being a racist and 99% of us were certain he wasn't.
JFT97

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1255 on: November 20, 2014, 10:43:19 pm »
If my grandma called someone that and was subsequently punched in the face, guess who grandma wasn't getting any sympathy from.

It was 30 years ago and her friend called her a white honkey, does that make them both racist bigots?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:45:30 pm by SuperStevieNicol »
JFT97

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1256 on: November 20, 2014, 10:44:54 pm »
If she was made aware that nignog wasn't acceptable and was a racist slur yet continued to use it anyway then yes she was racist, and if the black person she said it to was offended she could have faced prosecution.

Not really sure how this applies to Whelan though, he's an owner of a multi million pound company in the public eye and regularly in the media, not some old man sat in his house with no contact with the outside world. Claiming jews care more about money and that everybody says "chink" are racist and anti-Semitic remarks, anybody with a braincell knows that. There's no defence for the Thatcher loving c*nt
Ah I see, calling someone a c*nt is acceptable.
JFT97

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1257 on: November 20, 2014, 10:46:13 pm »
Dave Whelan: "I have loads of Chinese friends and I would never ever insult the Chinese."

You can't make this shit up, he ACTUALLY said that.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline GorstStreetBoy

• Kopite
  • His name is Luis Suarez...he wears the famous red!
« Reply #1258 on: November 20, 2014, 10:46:39 pm »

He's probably not far wrong. What he said may not be the most PC thing in the world these days, but I love reading the moral outrage of some people when things like this occur. I'd imagine a large % of the posters in this thread alone has made some sort of reference in their life to a Jew and their supposed love of money or a remark about them being tight with it.

Wouldn't particularly disagree with that. Whelan seems particularly prolific though in that he's managed to insult the Chinese twice in one sentence there.
"If we all stick together, we're going to have a wee bit of a chance" - Kenny Dalglish

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1259 on: November 20, 2014, 10:46:53 pm »
Ah I see, calling someone a c*nt is acceptable.

Sure, if somebody openly supports Thatcher, tries to get themselves in the media whenever possible and makes bigoted remarks I think it's fair game to call them a c*nt.

There's a pretty big line between calling somebody a c*nt and calling somebody a "chink" or claiming jews chase money

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1260 on: November 20, 2014, 10:47:27 pm »
The point I am trying, clearly not very well, to make. Racism is wrong, fact. Everyone has different tolerance levels and different views and opinions to what is racism and what isn't. Lest we all forget, a certain ex centre forward of ours was convicted of being a racist and 99% of us were certain he wasn't.

I think you'll find he was found guilty of using a racist term and that the FA stressed that they didn't believe he was a racist person. If anyone uses a racist term then they are a racist, no matter what era they come from. To say the it's ok for the elderly population to use racist terms because it's what they are used to is horrific especially when the era they grew up in, and essentially learn these terms, was an inherently racist time!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1261 on: November 20, 2014, 10:47:51 pm »
It was 30 years ago and her friend called her a white honkey, does that make them both racist bigots?

Yes it does.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: November 20, 2014, 10:48:23 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #1263 on: November 20, 2014, 10:54:11 pm »
There is a clear difference. Suarez used a term that was perceived as racist by the person he directed it at. His intent is open to debate by others who believe he was or wasn't being racist with what he said.

With Whelan and Mackay there is no ambiguity, there is no debate. They are making clearly racist and bigoted statements. They don't think they are though. They feel that they are acceptable.
Just because he is old doesn't mean Whelan can go about being racist just because he always has been. Its actually the reverse. He is old enough and wise enough to know better by now. He has no excuse at all for anything he says.
Its a huge problem that a person in his position behaves like this and holds these views. Instead of it dying out, it filters through to successive generations, leading them to think its still acceptable. Which can clearly be seen as Mackay isn't of the same generation, but shares the same kind of views.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1264 on: November 20, 2014, 10:58:19 pm »
Yes it does.
Racist bigots and friends together for over 25 years.
JFT97

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1265 on: November 20, 2014, 11:01:04 pm »
There is a clear difference. Suarez used a term that was perceived as racist by the person he directed it at. His intent is open to debate by others who believe he was or wasn't being racist with what he said.

With Whelan and Mackay there is no ambiguity, there is no debate. They are making clearly racist and bigoted statements. They don't think they are though. They feel that they are acceptable.
Just because he is old doesn't mean Whelan can go about being racist just because he always has been. Its actually the reverse. He is old enough and wise enough to know better by now. He has no excuse at all for anything he says.
Its a huge problem that a person in his position behaves like this and holds these views. Instead of it dying out, it filters through to successive generations, leading them to think its still acceptable. Which can clearly be seen as Mackay isn't of the same generation, but shares the same kind of views.
Absolute and utter bollocks. Racism is racism. How is Suarez calling Evra a negro any different than Whelan using the word Chink?
JFT97

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #1266 on: November 20, 2014, 11:07:19 pm »
Absolute and utter bollocks. Racism is racism. How is Suarez calling Evra a negro any different than Whelan using the word Chink?
I don't think it is any different. He claimed that it wasn't his intent or that he didn't realise the Spanish phrasing might be a racist way to address someone. That's why its technically open to debate if he is racist or not. That's not the same as this instance.

What these two have done and said isn't open to interpretation.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1267 on: November 20, 2014, 11:10:47 pm »
I don't think it is any different. He claimed that it wasn't his intent or that he didn't realise the Spanish phrasing might be a racist way to address someone. That's why its technically open to debate if he is racist or not. That's not the same as this instance.

What these two have done and said isn't open to interpretation.
You've lost me, in 2 posts you've said it is different and it isn't different.

My final comment - racism is abhorrent but do I think Dave Whelan is a racist bigot? No, I think he is a lot of things, not all nice by the way, but I don't believe he's a racist bigot. Maybe I'm wrong.
JFT97

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #1268 on: November 20, 2014, 11:41:48 pm »
Racist bigots and friends together for over 25 years.

Which is all that matters no matter what the do no wrong brigade on here say.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: November 20, 2014, 11:44:31 pm »
Dave Whelan: "I have loads of Chinese friends and I would never ever insult the Chinese."

You can't make this shit up, he ACTUALLY said that.
The Chinese, a great bunch of lads.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #1270 on: November 21, 2014, 12:02:00 am »
Mackay symbolises the casual racism which is the major problem in modern society IMO. Don't know if it's completely fair to make him out as the major villain.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1271 on: November 21, 2014, 12:14:27 am »

Oh fuck me, here we go again.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: November 21, 2014, 12:28:58 am »

Wow.

:o

Yikes. Whelan should really just shut up now.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline garcia-alonso

• Kopite
« Reply #1274 on: November 21, 2014, 12:30:15 am »
All this shit about what was acceptable 30 years ago does my head in. I was an adult 30 years ago and no-one I know, including my parents who would now be older than Dave Whelen, would consider it acceptable to call anyone a chinky or any of the other racist insults that people on here seem to think were bandied about with impunity in the relatively recent past.
Whelen's a old fashioned racist Thatcherite and Mackay is scum - there are no excuses.

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1275 on: November 21, 2014, 02:20:59 am »

Except he didn't call him "negro". He used the word "negrito". It's a term of endearment they have in Southern American Spanish speaking countries which literally translated means "my black friend". We just don't have a similar word in English. Why do you think Suarez is still adamant he's done nothing wrong? In fact I was watching a TV show the other night with a Mexican in it and he referred to a young black girl as "Negrita", which is just the female version of the same word.

On the subject of Dave Whelan and his "chink" comments. Bwahahahahahahaha....Has he seriously said that and is there a video?

I personally think he should be cleared of any wrong doing and anything offensive he says should be struck from the record, he broke his leg once in an FA Cup final you know?

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1276 on: November 21, 2014, 02:21:39 am »

No it means your Gran was Chevy Chase and the friend was Richard Pryor...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: November 21, 2014, 02:25:00 am »
Except he didn't call him "negro". He used the word "negrito". It's a term of endearment they have in Southern American Spanish speaking countries which literally translated means "my black friend". We just don't have a similar word in English. Why do you think Suarez is still adamant he's done nothing wrong? In fact I was watching a TV show the other night with a Mexican in it and he referred to a young black girl as "Negrita", which is just the female version of the same word.

"Did I use the Spanish word 'negro' in an argument that took place, in Spanish, with Patrice Evra on 15 October 2011 in a game between Liverpool and Manchester United?" he writes in Crossing the Line, which is being serialised in The Guardian. "Yes. Is the word 'negro' the same in Spanish as it is in English? No, absolutely not. Am I a racist? No, absolutely not.

"I was horrified when I first realised that is what I was being accused of. And I'm still sad and angry to think that this is a stain on my character that will probably be there forever."

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1278 on: November 21, 2014, 03:29:17 am »
All this shit about what was acceptable 30 years ago does my head in. I was an adult 30 years ago and no-one I know, including my parents who would now be older than Dave Whelen, would consider it acceptable to call anyone a chinky or any of the other racist insults that people on here seem to think were bandied about with impunity in the relatively recent past.
Whelen's a old fashioned racist Thatcherite and Mackay is scum - there are no excuses.
Totally agree. Racist language in my experience is always an oddity rather than normality. My parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, no. I just mean, no - to explain that would be to quantify a quality of non-racism that they don't possess, they are just normal polite civilized human beings. That's not difficult, it's just, normal. Racism is, and always has been, the oddity. If it wasn't, there would be no diversity in this country, in any other country. So racism hurts, hates, hits, but it loses, because it is inherently weak, and the oddity.

Specifically, for Whelan, and Mackay, it's the FA's move, I suppose. So they won't do anything. 
A few Wigan supporters might stage a protest, a player might grumble, but their next opposition will just use it as an opportunity for a crass same-chant-tune piss-take, and that'll be about it. The commentators will talk about riding out the storm, braving the hard times through, and it's done.
The beautiful bent corrupt game, weak at the knees and really needs to be put down.

So we can start again, and maybe this time get nearer to what we claim to want.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 03:31:05 am by idontknow »
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: November 21, 2014, 09:25:53 am »
It's no surprise Whelan's said some things off the record that make Mackay look tame. 
No time for caution.