Author Topic: Charlie Adam - Sensible Discussion.  (Read 71584 times)

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
Re: Charlie Adam - Sensible Discussion.
« Reply #960 on: March 8, 2012, 04:17:14 pm »
My god I love that man.

It doesn't seem like many of you have taken to him, not surprised, you could see from a mile away he wasn't good enough for the very top level. I was shocked when he was linked with yourselves and United. I actually hope he continues to fail so we have a chance of getting him back.

Any idea why his goals/assists are worse with us than with Blackpool?

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #961 on: March 8, 2012, 04:18:45 pm »

He took all there set pieces mate he doesn't with as there generally pants.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #962 on: March 8, 2012, 04:19:12 pm »
Cox has nailed Adam in that vid.
Nailed? Crucified more like.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: March 8, 2012, 04:20:34 pm »

Just telling it how it is mate, with video evidence so it can't be disputed either.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #964 on: March 8, 2012, 04:22:05 pm »

Meet in the middle with nailed to the cross?

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: March 8, 2012, 04:25:13 pm »
My god I love that man.

It doesn't seem like many of you have taken to him, not surprised, you could see from a mile away he wasn't good enough for the very top level. I was shocked when he was linked with yourselves and United. I actually hope he continues to fail so we have a chance of getting him back.
Out of interest, how do you rate Shelvey in comparison? I know you've not seen more than about 10 games of him but still.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2012, 04:27:38 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline BlackpoolRock

• Says "Prick" all the way through
  • Main Stander
  • On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat
« Reply #966 on: March 8, 2012, 04:25:37 pm »

I think our style of play suited him a lot more, he was our linchpin and we set up our play around him. At Liverpool he is just another player. The pressure may be getting to him a little but I think Liverpool's general lack of ability to put the ball in the net this year is a more fundamental problem.
"To put it in gentleman's terms if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they're good looking and some weeks they're not the best. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She wasn't the best looking lady we ended up taking home but sh

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: March 8, 2012, 04:26:55 pm »
Just telling it how it is mate, with video evidence so it can't be disputed either.
Oh I know. It's a conclusively brutal piece of analysis, impressive.

Offline BlackpoolRock

• Main Stander
« Reply #968 on: March 8, 2012, 04:28:17 pm »
Out of interest, how do you rate Shelvey in comparison? I now you've not seen more than about 10 games of him but still.

He was a bit of a weird one. Very lackadaisical at times, he gave the ball away far too often. He has undoubted quality though, he seemed to have that knack of being able to produce that bit of magic even when having a bad game. I'd have him back in a shot.
"To put it in gentleman's terms if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they're good looking and some weeks they're not the best. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She wasn't the best looking lady we ended up taking home but sh

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: March 8, 2012, 04:29:20 pm »
Meet in the middle with nailed to the cross?
Agreed. I suppose he did throw the odd 'good point' out there just to avoid a complete player assassination.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: March 8, 2012, 04:32:22 pm »
He was a bit of a weird one. Very lackadaisical at times, he gave the ball away far too often. He has undoubted quality though, he seemed to have that knack of being able to produce that bit of magic even when having a bad game. I'd have him back in a shot.
Jonjo's just turned 20 and very raw mind you so to be expected, no? Appreciate that as you've seen more of him than we have ironically. I think that's a fair assessment but you swerved the "in comparison (to Charlie)" bit of my question ;)

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #971 on: March 8, 2012, 04:34:49 pm »
Jonjo's just turned 20 and very raw mind you so to be expected, no? Appreciate that as you've seen more of him than we have ironically. I think that's a fair assessment but you swerved the "in comparison (to Charlie)" bit of my question ;)

I was skimming through the page and didnt realise you'd asked about Shelvey.

Here was me thinking BlackpoolRock was describing Adam. Probably not too far off in any case.

Offline BlackpoolRock

• Main Stander
« Reply #972 on: March 8, 2012, 04:36:31 pm »

Oh naturally, mate. He has all the ingredients to be a fine player, in a way him getting recalled is a slight detriment to the lad, I feel he would have benefited more being in our side chasing promotion. It would have been a benefit to us anyway  ;)

As for the Adam comparison, there isn't one mate, Adam is far superior. Shelvey has the potential to be a better player but isn't anywhere near Adam's class yet imo.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: March 8, 2012, 04:41:15 pm »
Oh naturally, mate. He has all the ingredients to be a fine player, in a way him getting recalled is a slight detriment to the lad, I feel he would have benefited more being in our side chasing promotion. It would have been a benefit to us anyway  ;)

As for the Adam comparison, there isn't one mate, Adam is far superior. Shelvey has the potential to be a better player but isn't anywhere near Adam's class yet imo.
It was a bit of a baited trap admittedly :)

Interesting though, as if you read this thread and the previous one "Charlie Adam and His Two Sides" (might need a strong stomach I warn you now) you'll see that your description of Shelvey isn't far off what most here make of Adam. Even the Cap got your comments confused. And yet you still think Shelvey isn't "anywhere near Adam's class yet"? That's a pretty damning indictment to be honest, particularly if you've seen Xarlie play for us this season.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: March 8, 2012, 04:48:02 pm »

Oh here we go. The age thing.

Shelvey isn't as good a Adam as yet.

Offline BlackpoolRock

• Main Stander
« Reply #975 on: March 8, 2012, 04:48:41 pm »
I don't think Adam is good enough to play for Liverpool though, never did. He's too good for us and just not good enough for you. Sunderland or Villa would have been about right for him.

I can only go off what i've seen, admittedly I saw a lot more of Adam than Shelvey but what did you expect with my opinion? The man is a god around here.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: March 8, 2012, 04:52:40 pm »

How did you like that video Fordy? Make you wince, cry or stick your fingers in your ears?  ;D

The man is a god around here.
You should reach out to Fordy, he gets ridiculed on here for that.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #977 on: March 8, 2012, 04:54:42 pm »

As good as Adam can be on his best day, or as good as Adam has been since Septemberish? Because I can't imagine Shelvey has some of Adam's more noticeable handicaps.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: March 8, 2012, 04:57:10 pm »
How did you like that video Fordy? Make you wince, cry or stick your fingers in your ears?  ;D

Now why would I watch that?  ;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #979 on: March 8, 2012, 04:57:32 pm »
I'd agree with that. But why are you saying it? I don't suppose you are supporting the statement that there is a gulf in class between the two, I don't think they are that far apart in what they can offer to the team. Do you disagree?

Alternatively, it's catch 22: Shelvey is not as good as Adam, he can develop in leaps and bounds and offer more in a short space of time, but we won't play him because he's not as good as Adam now. How do you see this issue being resolved?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #980 on: March 8, 2012, 04:59:36 pm »
Why is that video only available in UK  :(

Would like to watch it.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: March 8, 2012, 04:59:44 pm »
The January before, on deadline day he/his agent was apparently down at White Hart Lane, with dodgy 'Arry doing his best to sign him up. They went for some Dutch bloke from some Spanish club in the end. Another reason to despise the steak-faced illiterate dog financier.

Was VDV not signed the summer before same time as we signed cole?? or was spurs interested in Adam then as well.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: March 8, 2012, 04:59:53 pm »
As good as Adam can be on his best day, or as good as Adam has been since Septemberish? Because I can't imagine Shelvey has some of Adam's more noticeable handicaps.

Shelvey might be as good as Adam in 2 years.

Taking him to 22 and in rossipersempre firing age range.

So let's hope that Shelvey gets better and better or rossipersempre will be gunning for him.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #983 on: March 8, 2012, 05:01:51 pm »
Shelvey might be as good as Adam in 2 years.

Taking him to 22 and in rossipersempre firing age range.

So let's hope that Shelvey gets better and better or rossipersempre will be gunning for him.
Really Fordy? Henderson's only 21 and you're gunning for him, what's the difference?

;)
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: March 8, 2012, 05:10:47 pm »
Now why would I watch that?  ;D

For your own health mate, I think you should avoid it anyway  ;D.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: March 8, 2012, 05:12:02 pm »
Really Fordy? Henderson's only 21 and you're gunning for him, what's the difference?

;)

Difference is Henderson has been a PL player for a long time now.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: March 8, 2012, 05:22:29 pm »
Difference is Henderson has been a PL player for a long time now.

So has Adam.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #987 on: March 8, 2012, 05:25:53 pm »

;)
The man just can't help the hypocrisy, it's shameless.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: March 8, 2012, 05:27:19 pm »
For your own health mate, I think you should avoid it anyway  ;D.
On the contrary, I think he NEEDS to watch it. Like an intervention of sorts. It's either that now or else a thorazine drip and rubber room awaits him in a few months' time.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: March 8, 2012, 05:30:06 pm »
On the contrary, I think he NEEDS to watch it. Like an intervention of sorts. It's either that now or else a thorazine drip and rubber room awaits him in a few months' time.

He may not make it through the video mate.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: March 8, 2012, 05:33:40 pm »
So has Adam.

1 and half seasons for Adam as a PL player.

Spearing has had more experience.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #991 on: March 8, 2012, 05:34:14 pm »
No idea what you're referring to here, as you seem to be quoting Yorky. What accusation, and what's with the Dirty Harry quote? Ha ha. As for the rest, maybe you can explain exactly what you mean as I don't like the tone of that, particularly the use of the word 'regret'   ???

Thought your real job was a teacher anyway? Would explain your pile-suffering grumpy sod demeanour and lack of patience with us "young Turks".

What sort of guy seeks the need of adulation of people on a forum then?
  What sort of guy sets traps for people for a new poster in here and then brags about it?
 He needs to make for something lacking elsewhere maybe?

Anyway enough about the Pseudo Intellectual attention seeker.
 With that zonal marking piece do you have one on Carra letting Van Persie go twice? Do you have one on Suarez/ Kuyt/ Kelly/ Downing/ ineptness in front of goal?

You see many things cost us that game even and including Enrique's rubbish position for the first one.  Sadly for people in here Charlie wasn't the reason we lost, for every one that harps on about the missed pass to Henderson he created three more chances two of which were harder to miss than score.

Some people need a scapegoat it makes them feel good, this week Charlie no doubt next week it will be Andy's turn again whether he plays or not.

As for Rossi dont worry you post nothing of value, so back on ignore you go, this is boring now.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #992 on: March 8, 2012, 05:37:48 pm »
1 and half seasons for Adam as a PL player.

Spearing has had more experience.

I just...

:butt

Charlie Adam has more apps in the Premier League this season alone then Spearing has his entire career.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #993 on: March 8, 2012, 05:46:09 pm »
I just...

:butt

Charlie Adam has more apps in the Premier League this season alone then Spearing has his entire career.
That's only because Adam is taller.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #994 on: March 8, 2012, 05:46:33 pm »
"Sensible Discussion"

How's that going?

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: March 8, 2012, 05:48:27 pm »
"Sensible Discussion"

How's that going?

;D

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #996 on: March 8, 2012, 10:28:09 pm »
No, I've said quite clearly that I don't want the manager sacked, not unless this year is repeated next season at any rate. It would be an embarrassing circus and a fiasco. I've also explained in detail why I don't think he can take us forward, namely what I consider to be his retrograde approach. Like I said, hopefully this can be rectified to some extent this summer, but I'm not holding my breath in light of what's been done in the previous three transfer windows.

I'm actually positive about the majority of players in the first team - even the squad. Especially the much maligned Maxi and Aurelio, who some of the Chunky-Charles advocates on here evidently regard with scarcely-veiled contempt. Even Henderson. The problems start with how the team is being configured, for me, and the direction in which we're going. I'm sure you disagree. But I'm not going to pretend to be positive or optimistic about a series of developments that I consider to be harmful. What's the point?
I've read a lot of your recent posts including one where you complained at someone insulting you and yet you have repeatedly called Charlie Adam "chunky" or words to that affect. You don't like him, fair enough, you dont have to. You're entitled to your opinion even if you are becoming a bit repetetive about it. But at least show him some respect and leave the adjectives out of it.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #997 on: March 8, 2012, 10:46:59 pm »
I've read a lot of your recent posts including one where you complained at someone insulting you and yet you have repeatedly called Charlie Adam "chunky" or words to that affect. You don't like him, fair enough, you dont have to. You're entitled to your opinion even if you are becoming a bit repetetive about it. But at least show him some respect and leave the adjectives out of it.
I think he is unlikely to do that when he has got some of the older, cooler kids on here sniggering at his sneering put downs of our players and egging him on. I also think there is more than meets the eye to the poster known as Percito.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #998 on: March 8, 2012, 11:32:46 pm »
For some strange reason, this thread reminds me of last summers Aquillani thread :)

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: March 9, 2012, 12:39:53 am »
They were both littered with copious amounts of Fordy's shit! ;D