Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 432372 times)

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #1160 on: March 14, 2012, 06:07:12 pm »
started off really poor and gave the ball away in dangerous area's but in fairness to him he grew as the game went by

This, he gave away 3 passes off the top of my head and made be fret everytime he got the ball. He done really well later on

Deffo one for the future.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline woolage

• Main Stander
  • Did you smash it?
« Reply #1161 on: March 14, 2012, 06:08:06 pm »
Yes! Lets compare two totally different players.

Our fan base is full of idiots.

Haha exactly! I look at a statement like that and say to myself, "based on what evidence"?

I thought Henderson had a good game last night. Admittedly, I'm already a big fan of his but you can't ignore that playing with Gerrard and Spearing, as opposed to Charlie Adam, allows him to push forward more and play with more dynamism and confidence. Some of his passing last night, especially some of those almost instantaneous through balls that he played through to our front line, were world class. Now I'm not suggesting he is at that level yet but he shows glimpses of brilliance that are an indication of his ability and development.

I hope Kenny continues playing him with Gerrard and Spearing, even if it does mean him playing on the right side.

Offline SWRC

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1162 on: March 14, 2012, 06:39:40 pm »
center mid is the heartbeat of  any game. Its the most crucial area on the pitch. matches are won and lost there and its vitally important that your center mid is up to scratch.

I feel kenny is "bleeding him in" on the right side as hes very young, cost a lot of money, has a lot of potential and theres is a lot of expectation on his shoulders, new club too.

i could be wrong but id like to think he will be one of the main center mid's sometime in the future!

Agreed. He will come good, its lucas syndrome all over again i fear, patience needed for a young lad trying to settle in at a new club, playing with new players.
Us sitting at the computer posting shite and over analysing every move he makes wnt help him either
PATIENCE.
Liverpool players must play like a lion, give his all. There must be determination, commitment and resolve to be a Liverpool player.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: March 14, 2012, 06:51:28 pm »
Definitely looks better in the middle from what I've seen both for club and country.

Saying that I'm happy for him to have a bit of a spell on the right as it will help develop his all round game.

Not saying for one minute he's anything like Gerrard but with Stevie we have enjoyed the benefits of a player who is quite dynamic and can exploit the wide areas if the chance arises instead of looking for a wide player to pass to.

Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: March 14, 2012, 09:20:22 pm »
Haha exactly! I look at a statement like that and say to myself, "based on what evidence"?

I thought Henderson had a good game last night. Admittedly, I'm already a big fan of his but you can't ignore that playing with Gerrard and Spearing, as opposed to Charlie Adam, allows him to push forward more and play with more dynamism and confidence. Some of his passing last night, especially some of those almost instantaneous through balls that he played through to our front line, were world class. Now I'm not suggesting he is at that level yet but he shows glimpses of brilliance that are an indication of his ability and development.

I hope Kenny continues playing him with Gerrard and Spearing, even if it does mean him playing on the right side.
I think that he does those things naturally and thats a big thing to have in your locker even at his young age.So when i see him make passes like that he shows me he can be a big player for us in the future.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1165 on: March 14, 2012, 09:53:13 pm »
Game passed him by last night as I feared it would. Not mentally tough enough yet for such a game.

Given the players at KK's disposal I would have opted for Kuyt from the start.

I do think he will come good though, but that is likely to be next season now.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline AULD-OLDIE

• Anny Roader
  • Quiza-un-dia
« Reply #1166 on: March 14, 2012, 09:58:50 pm »
The lads only 21, just moved to one of the biggest clubs in the world. Will learn of Gerrard about all mid-field positions and then eventually take over from him. Hopefully about 4 years down the line.  !!!
Truth - 12.09.2012.
Now for JUSTICE !

Offline olllie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: March 14, 2012, 09:59:25 pm »
He's a good prospect but if we had proper competition for the starting spots he wouldn't be starting. But in the long run I believe in Jordan. He's gonna be a big player for us

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: March 14, 2012, 10:11:02 pm »
He isn't quite there yet, but I'm really surprised that someone called him woeful after this game. Thought he grew into it after a poor start, and he was involved in some of our best moves in the match (the two first goals, and a superb first time pass to Suarez).

He's playing a difficult role on the right, when he's asked to tuck in and hold position at times, and at others, to move wide and open up the pitch. Sometimes he looks excellent, sometimes like he hasn't a clue what he's supposed to do, but I think it's clear to see that he's got the basics to become a really good player. I don't know if he ends up playing more central or stays where he is, but he's got very good movement, great first touch, and moves the ball quickly. Can pick some excellent passes too. He's still inconsistent, and he can look a bit weak, but if he works on his weaknesses, I'm confident he'll be here for years.

If we plan on playing him to the right, we need another option though. Don't think he's ready to play every game like he's been this season, and for the sake of both the team and Henderson's own, I'm surprised we've used Maxi so little on the right. Henderson could've benefited from being less scrutinized at times, and Maxi's movement is often excellent in that tucked in wide role.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1169 on: March 14, 2012, 10:26:26 pm »
Game passed him by last night as I feared it would. Not mentally tough enough yet for such a game.

Given the players at KK's disposal I would have opted for Kuyt from the start.

I do think he will come good though, but that is likely to be next season now.

Exactly
YNWA

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1170 on: March 14, 2012, 10:39:16 pm »
Oxlade Chamberlain is 18 and he is already a better player than him, both on the right and through the middle.
I coughed and spluttered

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #1171 on: March 14, 2012, 11:07:53 pm »
people who cant see theres a very good player in hendo, and he  just needs time to mature,should start watching badminton..its going take years but this fella going be engine of our team in time..he starts too many games for me but i really believe in the lad
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: March 14, 2012, 11:30:43 pm »

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: March 15, 2012, 01:29:09 am »
i honestly think this lad will be a beast of a player for us in years to come.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: March 15, 2012, 11:03:19 am »
Really like him think he is an intelligent player but a bit too cautious. He has an eye for a pass but seems to only really go for it if he's certain it will come off. His crossing is ok but as the case is with the rest of our team they seem to think they don't have to make space for themselves before crossing and so they never beat the first man.

Offline Evans

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1175 on: March 15, 2012, 11:57:32 am »
i honestly think this lad will be a beast of a player for us in years to come.

people who cant see theres a very good player in hendo, and he  just needs time to mature,should start watching badminton..its going take years but this fella going be engine of our team in time..he starts too many games for me but i really believe in the lad

Totally agree. He seems to have everything needed for becoming a giant on the pitch. He's already bringing a great passing game, so we should just keep playing him.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1176 on: March 15, 2012, 12:00:40 pm »
I coughed and spluttered

I decorated the screen with Coffee! :D
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #1177 on: March 15, 2012, 12:06:52 pm »
Some harsh comments in here. Considering he was key in the second goal, his pass released Suarez, and his run into the box allowed also took a defender with him, freeing up more space for Gerrard.

In the first, he was involved in the initial move (from a central position) which meant Gerrard was filling in on the right. Gerrard's magic did the rest.

And the third, he wasn't on the pitch.

Yes, he did give the ball away at times, some really soft passes, but to say the game "passed him by" was way off the mark.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1178 on: March 15, 2012, 03:54:11 pm »
He had a very poor opening half an hour on Tuesday night, kept giving the ball away, playing poor passes and crosses and picking the wrong options but he then started to grow into the game, created some good chances and had a generally pretty impressive second half. He played a key part in the second goal in particular. I think Kenny is using him on the right so often because he wants to blood him in this season and give him as much game time as possible before he makes the transition centrally next year or the year after - as Ged did with Gerrard from 2000-2002.

Offline iheartsuarez

• Main Stander
« Reply #1179 on: March 22, 2012, 06:43:30 am »
Aaron Ramsey or Jordan Henderson? who is better?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1180 on: March 22, 2012, 06:44:23 am »

Ramsey.  I think he is a really talented player. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: March 22, 2012, 06:48:39 am »

Ramsey.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: March 22, 2012, 08:16:31 am »

Before the injury, I'd say Ramsey any day of the week.

I'll go with Jordan now.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #1183 on: March 22, 2012, 08:20:42 am »
Ramsey is actually pretty shit. He hasn't been good at all since the leg break but the hype around him before that seems to have paved over the cracks.

Offline ChristophLFC

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1184 on: March 22, 2012, 08:34:13 am »
he's not good enough for this club, plus he hasen't got the balls to be playing for a club like this, there were so many times yesterday were the ball was loose and he had a chance to challenge for it but he'd rather back off dont bother. henderson was just in cruise mode all the way through the second half  :butt

i hate people using the lucas compromise to defend him, even when lucas was quite bad you could see he had a lot of talent and was never afraid to get stuck in plus lucas came here from a brazil were the football is completely different, henderson has played in the league numerous times, even when i watched him for sunderland he wasent good, i dont know what kenny and co were thinking when they bought it, dont they do theyre research?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:36:54 am by ChristophLFC »

Offline GoodStuff

• Kopite
« Reply #1185 on: March 22, 2012, 08:37:23 am »
Haha. Are you lot serious. I like Henderson and i hope/think he'll be a good cm in the future.

But Ramsey has been brilliant this season. Only lets says since Late Jan has his form dipped dramatically. Don't know why. But in the first half of the season, he and RVP were the only reasons i watched Arsenal. He's quality. If only Henderson showed the same sort of confidence. Ramsey will also improve just as much as Henderson.

Offline Robo707

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1186 on: March 22, 2012, 08:40:15 am »
I'm sure there was people on here slating Lucas Leiva when he first joined the club.

He was shit, we should get rid, he should be nowhere near the team....

Just saying.
L.F.C. - WITH PRIDE

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jordan Henderson
« Reply #1187 on: March 22, 2012, 08:42:44 am »
He needs to grow some balls. If he does that he could be a legend but he doesn't seem to want to.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1188 on: March 22, 2012, 08:47:14 am »

he's not good enough for this club, plus he hasen't got the balls to be playing for a club like this, there were so many times yesterday were the ball was loose and he had a chance to challenge for it but he'd rather back off dont bother. henderson was just in cruise mode all the way through the second half  :butt

i hate people using the lucas compromise to defend him, even when lucas was quite bad you could see he had a lot of talent and was never afraid to get stuck in plus lucas came here from a brazil were the football is completely different, henderson has played in the league numerous times, even when i watched him for sunderland he wasent good, i dont know what kenny and co were thinking when they bought it, dont they do theyre research?

Even the trolls aren't trying anymore
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1189 on: March 22, 2012, 08:53:22 am »
I wish that we had a player like Alonso around this year who he could learn from. I think that he is a good prospect and needs someone in the cm that could help him improve his game.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:55:57 am by wheresnemeth »
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline ChristophLFC

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1190 on: March 22, 2012, 08:54:42 am »
Even the trolls aren't trying anymore

i weren't a troll in the first place

oh no someone said something bad about 1 of our players 'TROLL' TROLL'  :lmao
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:57:17 am by ChristophLFC »

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1191 on: March 22, 2012, 09:02:17 am »
I'm sure there was people on here slating Lucas Leiva when he first joined the club.

He was shit, we should get rid, he should be nowhere near the team....

Just saying.

Yes Lucas got stick but he was never criticised for not trying, having balls to put a tackle in.
He was from a foreign country and never played in the English league,
Henderson has been a passenger for most of this season and hasn't improved the team.
Fact
YNWA

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: March 22, 2012, 09:03:40 am »
Raul Meireles was called a shithouse by Superfans last year.

Wonder what their views on this guy is? Hides more than that hide and seek champion found dead in his closet.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: March 22, 2012, 09:06:20 am »
I rate Henderson, as can be seen from an old post further up the page, but I don't get the comparisons to Lucas. Henderson's mentality and how he'll develop in the future is not in any way linked to how Lucas evolved as a player. They might have some similar qualities, but that's it. 

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: March 22, 2012, 09:13:13 am »
Raul Meireles was called a shithouse by Superfans last year.

Wonder what their views on this guy is? Hides more than that hide and seek champion found dead in his closet.
Still nothing compared to your mate who apparently destroys all full-backs in England training....

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1195 on: March 22, 2012, 09:16:31 am »
Still nothing compared to your mate who apparently destroys all full-backs in England training....
hahaha :D

He was at fault for one goal. Didnt really do much else wrong, he linked up well in the second half.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #1196 on: March 22, 2012, 09:26:46 am »
Besides Henderson’s contribution in the lead-up to Kuyt’s goal, you would be forgiven for thinking that Henderson wasn’t even on the pitch.

Henderson switches on and off less that that of my Grandmother’s vibrator.
“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: March 22, 2012, 09:35:32 am »

Hahah. Not my mate, my mate's mate.

And he did say he was a total shithouse though.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: March 22, 2012, 09:40:38 am »
Hahah. Not my mate, my mate's mate.

And he did say he was a total shithouse though.
Haha fair enough. I think Henderson is a good player but thought he was awful yesterday - didn't seem like he fancied it. Saying that would rather he played then Adam.

Offline CJgerrardkop

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • Walk on with hope, walk on with the team!
« Reply #1199 on: March 22, 2012, 09:44:06 am »
Definely our better signings of the summer alongside Craig bellamy. His workrate is great, can learn so much more from Kuyt (when Kuyt moves in to play Cm), Just if.
His workrate is similar to Kuyt, if he work more on his finishing, we definitely got a gem here.  8) 8) 8)
'' When the Reds go marching in, When the people mourn for Hillsborough,
    All is not lost, all is not lost"
The people of Liverpool will fight, the people that loves Liverpool will rise and stand.
Liverpool, Club of a lifetime. Once a Kop, forever a Kopite.