Author Topic: Dirk Kuyt  (Read 49990 times)

Offline HariLFC

• Kopite
  • Walk on with hope in your heart.
Re: Dirk Kuyt
« Reply #320 on: February 29, 2012, 09:51:18 am »
As a player that comes on at the end of matches and pressure and runs at already tired defenders, I like him. A lot of people seem to be fooling themselves into thinking he'd be just as effective from the opening whistle. Every single match that he starts his lack of touch is exposed, and he breaks up attack after attack. Almost every single match that he comes off the bench for, he makes a positive impact.

I'm praying that we keep using him the way we did against Cardiff, where his positive attributes will be useful, and his negative attributes won't be so exposed.

I see your point, only thing is, I'm not sure Dirk's pride would allow him to accept he's nothing more than an impact sub.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #321 on: February 29, 2012, 09:58:13 am »
I'm hoping that Dirky Dirky Dirk Dirk will come on tonight and smash 5 past England. Come on son.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: February 29, 2012, 10:06:31 am »
The first touch of a ping-pong table but you'd have him in your team for every game - I'd have him as captain meself. I love Dirk.

would totally agree with this if it had happened a few years ago

top fella is dirk

If ManU can keep 2 very senior (read old) players and depend on them for vital games or rally team, I would very much like Kenny to keep Kuyt who is 31 years young around.  When I see him replace Carroll, I did not see that we are weakened as a team (by replacing Carroll with Kuyt)  but rather trying other options.  If Liverpool wants to play in Europe and do well in league, it need to hold on to Kuyt because unlike Arsenal,  we need a few senior players to lead the team and to embarass/scold others into greater effort. To be frank without Kuyt and Maxi, who is going to play the sweet 1-2s and triangles with Suarez.   We have only Gerrard left with the mind set, movement, understanding and goal scoring mentality to blend with Suarez so far, Downing/Henderson/Carroll or Adam does not synch with Suarez well.

absolutely right. he may not have the pace and sublime trickery on the ball, but what a clever player he is and is always involved in our best one-touch play.

I'd take that any day of the week over 1-dimensional punts up front and cross cross cross cross cross cross.

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: February 29, 2012, 10:07:57 am »
Yes, hopefully Dirk can merk the duck faced berk.

Offline mrsphilthefish

• Twitter terrier. Queen of the retweet
  • Legacy Fan
  • I will do what I can to get justice for our 96
« Reply #324 on: February 29, 2012, 10:44:11 am »
"IF" he goes I will honestly cry.......The last time I was all emotional over a player was when Finnan left (I LOVED him too)

I hope he doesn't go, we NEED him. At least we can rely on him to turn up to a game

prays to God "please let Kuyt stay"
There's been many mountains to climb but I can smell Justice.......soon our 96 reds will rest in peace JFT96

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: February 29, 2012, 11:30:34 am »
At least we can rely on him to turn up to a game
So he's never gone missing from games this season? It's fine to say you'll cry if he goes and all that shit, but please don't reinvent the past.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: February 29, 2012, 11:33:20 am »
So he's never gone missing from games this season? It's fine to say you'll cry if he goes and all that shit, but please don't reinvent the past.

So... moving away from Carragher again. Back on to Kuyt!

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #327 on: February 29, 2012, 11:34:04 am »
As a player that comes on at the end of matches and pressure and runs at already tired defenders, I like him. A lot of people seem to be fooling themselves into thinking he'd be just as effective from the opening whistle. Every single match that he starts his lack of touch is exposed, and he breaks up attack after attack. Almost every single match that he comes off the bench for, he makes a positive impact.

I'm praying that we keep using him the way we did against Cardiff, where his positive attributes will be useful, and his negative attributes won't be so exposed.

Ive been guilty of criticising his touch in the past many times, especially at crucial moments in important games, but what he lacks in finesse he makes up in attitude and application.
Love him.
The mans a legend.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: February 29, 2012, 11:35:02 am »

Don't think he's actively hid. He's had a relatively poor season, his worst since arrived, but although it's a cliche, he really doesn't hide or go missing from games.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline mrsphilthefish

• Twitter terrier. Queen of the retweet
  • Legacy Fan
  • I will do what I can to get justice for our 96
« Reply #329 on: February 29, 2012, 11:36:54 am »

Give the players (Carragher, Kuyt.....whoever else you feel you have to slag off) a break.
Kuyt's attitude is what you want in EVERY player. We should have more like him!
There's been many mountains to climb but I can smell Justice.......soon our 96 reds will rest in peace JFT96

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: February 29, 2012, 11:36:55 am »
Don't think he's actively hid. He's had a relatively poor season, his worst since arrived, but although it's a cliche, he really doesn't hide or go missing from games.
Not getting into ridiculous semantics about "hiding". I think my point was clear. People getting carried away is fine but making stuff up isn't.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #331 on: February 29, 2012, 11:38:06 am »
Dirk Kuyt is still fucking boss.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: February 29, 2012, 11:40:26 am »
Not getting into ridiculous semantics about "hiding". I think my point was clear. People getting carried away is fine but making stuff up isn't.

'Going missing' then? Has hardly happened either.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: February 29, 2012, 11:42:36 am »
'Going missing' then? Has hardly happened either.
She said "can rely on him to turn up". Many game he hasn't this season, however you judge it.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #334 on: February 29, 2012, 11:44:23 am »

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: February 29, 2012, 11:46:24 am »
She said "can rely on him to turn up". Many game he hasn't this season, however you judge it.

Yeah but you used the term 'gone missing'. He hasn't. Not turning up? He turns up regularly. Whether he plays well or not is a different matter.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: February 29, 2012, 11:47:27 am »
Did you actually search for that, you sad little (well 18st) man?

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: February 29, 2012, 11:47:41 am »
To be frank without Kuyt and Maxi, who is going to play the sweet 1-2s and triangles with Suarez.
Bellamy. Also works has hard as anyone, scores goals, and has the pace to run in behind the defence. Should start every game he possibly can.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #338 on: February 29, 2012, 11:56:42 am »

I had it on hand. Always useful to have something to hand that depicts tedious/boring whining when you're in a Kuyt thread.

Offline arnaldo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: February 29, 2012, 12:02:39 pm »
Love the guy and he's a great servant to the club but I would replace in the summer. Sometimes you have to make tough decisions in order to move on and I think this is time to make that decision with dirk. He can do a job coming off the bench sometimes but we need a classy right winger who can start games and produce the goods. His pace and touch are getting worse, no point in keeping an unreliable player anymore IMO. (and before any of you start, yes I know he scored a goal on Saturday and works him socks off etc, but he doesn't play well enough in majority of games involved anymore)
BETFAIR REF CODE NTRDKLEHG FREE £20 BET

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: February 29, 2012, 12:15:02 pm »

Steady on Debbie.

As for Kuyt he still has a role to play at this club but him staying beyond the end of the season depends on if he is willing to accept less games. Cant see him being a regular starter very often.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:16:34 pm by Butter Keks »

Offline Chindits

• It's important to me
  • Legacy Fan
  • L4 Scal-Qaeda Cyber Terrorist Cell
    • ccTwitter
« Reply #341 on: February 29, 2012, 12:16:13 pm »
DIRK KUYT WORKIN CLASS BALLS

Offline Dentron

• Eastenders Sci-Fi Spinoff
  • Kopite
« Reply #342 on: February 29, 2012, 12:42:40 pm »
Steady on Debbie.

As for Kuyt he still has a role to play at this club but him staying beyond the end of the season depends on if he is willing to accept less games. Cant see him being a regular starter very often.

If we want to find our way back into a CL spot, then Dirk will never be a regular starter for us again. I think even his most ardent...erm... supporters... have to realize that.

It's possible to simultaneously appreciate what he's done for the club and understand that the club needs to move forward.

If his ego allows him to stay on as a substitute, fantastic. If not, thank you for your service to the club.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: February 29, 2012, 12:48:02 pm »
If we want to find our way back into a CL spot, then Dirk will never be a regular starter for us again. I think even his most ardent...erm... supporters... have to realize that.

It's possible to simultaneously appreciate what he's done for the club and understand that the club needs to move forward.

If his ego allows him to stay on as a substitute, fantastic. If not, thank you for your service to the club.

i think the same can be said for our entire bunch of  attack-minded players, apart from suarez

put kuyt in a team  with some quality intelligent players in midfield and upfront, and we (and he) would be seeing much better team performances imo.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #344 on: February 29, 2012, 01:07:44 pm »
You and me both mate.
Sadly, most people on here don't remember the likes of Joey Jones and Alan Kennedy.

I do.

Joey was fantastic but he was never going to be a Liverpool player for long. Bob knew that didn't he?

And Barney was in a different class. Covered in championship bling by the time he'd retired.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #345 on: February 29, 2012, 01:24:03 pm »

Joey was fantastic but he was never going to be a Liverpool player for long. Bob knew that didn't he?

I seem to remember Keegan quite publicly comparing the supply he was getting from Joey with what he was used to from Alec Lindsay - it wasn't favourable. ;D
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #346 on: February 29, 2012, 01:24:50 pm »
I seem to remember Keegan quite publicly comparing the supply he was getting from Joey with what he was used to from Alec Lindsay - it wasn't favourable. ;D

Aye that's true. Mind you he did say Alec was the best passer of a ball he'd ever seen.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #347 on: February 29, 2012, 02:34:03 pm »
Ah the usual shite about how we should keep him forever etc and how if you don't want that you're not a proper fan.

I bet most of you wanted to kill Sir Bob when he regularly got rid of players who were proper 'legends'.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: February 29, 2012, 02:39:21 pm »
I really don't want Kuyt to leave, I said before we'd be fucked without him. However, I can see him going the same way as Sami Hyypia - leaving to play regular football somewhere else. I can see Kuyt playing for at least 5 years more, he's still superfit and has no real injury record. Might even be able to play into his forties. Kenny seems to phase him out, and maybe we have to trust the younger players, but I'd ove Kuyt to stick around. Question is, will he, and can we afford to? Can also see him having a coaching role, he's got a good football brain, he's always there for the other players, cheering them up, helping younger ones throughout the game, and setting an example with his attitude that is hard to match.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #349 on: February 29, 2012, 07:14:41 pm »
Dirk Kuyt Legend

More Artisan than Artist but everyone team needs Artisans.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: February 29, 2012, 07:16:58 pm »
Bellamy. Also works has hard as anyone, scores goals, and has the pace to run in behind the defence. Should start every game he possibly can.

He would if he was fitter, no argument here with Craig.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: February 29, 2012, 07:18:29 pm »
Ah the usual shite about how we should keep him forever etc and how if you don't want that you're not a proper fan.

I bet most of you wanted to kill Sir Bob when he regularly got rid of players who were proper 'legends'.

If he's good enough to get a game for Holland then he's good enough for us as a squad player surely?

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: February 29, 2012, 07:41:26 pm »
I think he's gonna score tonight.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: February 29, 2012, 08:43:25 pm »
He just made Parker check his ribs,  good work Dirk.

Offline Apollo

• Kopite
  • I've got the
« Reply #354 on: February 29, 2012, 09:00:27 pm »
If he's good enough to get a game for Holland then he's good enough for us as a squad player surely?

That shouldn't ever be a basis for selection or even evaluation.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: February 29, 2012, 09:02:45 pm »
That shouldn't ever be a basis for selection or even evaluation.

Well it seems to the way it works in reverse for England at least anyway.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #356 on: February 29, 2012, 09:06:11 pm »
It just occured to me...was Kuyt ever injured since he joined us ?

Offline dernaroy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #357 on: February 29, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »
What the fuck position is he playing here? He seems to be right midfield, centre midfield, striker, support striker. At one point there he was almost in the back line?
i admireyour optimism but if you honestly believe we will finish even in the top 6 this year , then you my friend (im at pains to say this ) are deluded.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: February 29, 2012, 09:16:39 pm »
What the fuck position is he playing here? He seems to be right midfield, centre midfield, striker, support striker. At one point there he was almost in the back line?

All those positions.

And the cross for Huntelaar was outstanding, a delicious ball into the box.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: February 29, 2012, 09:16:50 pm »
Brilliant ball in from Dirk for that goal. Superb.