Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Spurs: Full time.....  (Read 82789 times)

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
Re: Liverpool 0-0 Spurs: Full time.....
« Reply #1320 on: February 7, 2012, 05:39:13 pm »
his teeth are whiter and closer together than Chaz's.

So are his eyes.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline EssexKnobhead

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1321 on: February 7, 2012, 05:47:15 pm »
I don't know why everyone is moaning. We played well, but lacked a bit of composure and quality in the final third. That will come with time but we pressed well and should have won.

As for Spurs, hopefully this will put to bed this myth of how great they apparently are. Looking at the buildup to this game on this site, people were more scared of them than Man City.

So you actually judge a team's ability on ONE game,  a game where Spurs had to make do without  players such as Van Der Vaart,  Lennon, Sandro, Defoe,  Kaboul, Gallas, plus others missing with injuries.   ::)
C O Y S

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1322 on: February 7, 2012, 05:52:51 pm »
Well Man City are most impressive side that have played us this season imo
« Last Edit: February 7, 2012, 06:15:11 pm by The G in Gerrard »

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1323 on: February 7, 2012, 05:58:26 pm »

So you actually judge a team's ability on ONE game,  a game where Spurs had to make do without  players such as Van Der Vaart,  Lennon, Sandro, Defoe,  Kaboul, Gallas, plus others missing with injuries.   ::)
Only VdV, Lennon and Kaboul are in your first team. Kaboul may not have been had Dawson been fit.

We're without our best midfield player these days (Lucas) and first choice left back (Enrique). Every side always has someone missing.

By the way, I wouldn't judge Spurs on that game they are a good side, I think they came for a draw and got it so fair play.

Offline Rafaroy

• Main Stander
  • RED4EVER YNWA
« Reply #1324 on: February 7, 2012, 06:00:46 pm »
If we can`t do the simple things, like cross the ball into the box. How the fxck can we expect to turn all these drawn games into wins.  :butt

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #1325 on: February 7, 2012, 06:01:07 pm »
for a few days at least bale and brave brave scotty parker are my most detested pair of twats in football.  bale , the chimp faced one trick pony should have gone even before he rolled round like he'd had both legs shot off. cisse must be wondering what league he's come back to. when, having been fouled from behind, a player who grabs someone on the chin is shown a straight red, how can  a player who dives then jumps straight up and pushes an opponent in the chest ( a lot more hard than any of cisse's push as well) just gets a yellow, it must be further proof of the inability of the current crop of refs to officiate top level matches.

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1326 on: February 7, 2012, 06:01:30 pm »
My first time at Anfield.  Here are my observations of the match:

Gerrard didn't run half as much as i expected him to.  Very very casual IMO.
Spearing looked extremely poor at times - i think we really need a better anchorman (Sorry Jay)
Adam was ok, Carroll was involved quite a bit which i was glad to see.  Bellamy was very active in the first half.

Very little initiative going forward.  Before Suarez came on there was almost no men going forward even when we got the ball - it was all a bit "WTF" to be honest. 

All that said, good possession football - we outplayed Spurs comfortably but didn't really do anything spectacularly.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1327 on: February 7, 2012, 06:04:51 pm »
Spearing looked extremely poor at times - i think we really need a better anchorman (Sorry Jay)

I suggest we go out and seek the little fella who does it for Brazil.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1328 on: February 7, 2012, 06:05:59 pm »
a - cat, a - cat, acat acat acat

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1329 on: February 7, 2012, 06:09:48 pm »
He's not 25 anymore.

and is just coming back after a year long lay off.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1330 on: February 7, 2012, 06:10:58 pm »
and is just coming back after a year long lay off.

Indeed, I thought he was very good last night, and his mobility and energy throughout looks to be getting stronger which is a huge positive
ahead of the next game.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline colden

• Main Stander
« Reply #1331 on: February 7, 2012, 06:27:29 pm »
Only VdV, Lennon and Kaboul are in your first team. Kaboul may not have been had Dawson been fit.

We're without our best midfield player these days (Lucas) and first choice left back (Enrique). Every side always has someone missing.

By the way, I wouldn't judge Spurs on that game they are a good side, I think they came for a draw and got it so fair play.

Yeh. Commentator last night was really annoying, going on several times about how Spurs were missing so many players. It's just like a few months ago when United were moaning about injuries - how many of them were actually from their strongest 11.

Last night we were missing Lucas & Enrique, and had Suarez on the bench due to his long lay-off. All 3 are in our strongest 11, but not a single mention from the commentator.

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
« Reply #1332 on: February 7, 2012, 06:36:27 pm »
for a few days at least bale and brave brave scotty parker are my most detested pair of twats in football.  bale , the chimp faced one trick pony should have gone even before he rolled round like he'd had both legs shot off. cisse must be wondering what league he's come back to. when, having been fouled from behind, a player who grabs someone on the chin is shown a straight red, how can  a player who dives then jumps straight up and pushes an opponent in the chest ( a lot more hard than any of cisse's push as well) just gets a yellow, it must be further proof of the inability of the current crop of refs to officiate top level matches.

This
“Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.”

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1333 on: February 7, 2012, 07:57:14 pm »
Indeed, I thought he was very good last night, and his mobility and energy throughout looks to be getting stronger which is a huge positive
ahead of the next game.

Agreed - the first match where both he and Andy have appeared, for want of a better worn, sprightly.

Offline Brandon@Flowers

• is a Mormon (with a lapsed m)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1334 on: February 7, 2012, 08:03:20 pm »
Assist - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIWxiUO-xHs&feature=related

Long range goal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MgNEQpyJoM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO1Yqibq4Ug&feature=related
Header - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyNYxSKxqGQ&feature=related
pass and move game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaBoh1GWI3o&feature=related

This is the kind of assists and pass and move game that that "mid standard" player was and is still capable of...to think that the club was paying for at least part of his wages for almost all those clips...

Liverpool would be an entirely different team with Aquilani and Meireles on the side. The sad thing is, they were players on the books already, the midfield was already set.

Charlie Adam.  :duh

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: February 7, 2012, 08:03:35 pm »
87:13