Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Spurs: Half time.....  (Read 204525 times)

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Spurs February 6th at 20:00
« Reply #320 on: February 2, 2012, 07:38:22 pm »
Dropping Carroll after his recent run of form, in the last two games in particular, would be suicidal to the lad's confidence.

I'm praying for a Carroll, Suarez, Bellamy and Gerrard front four personally.

I'd play 

Suarez
     Bellamy Gerrard Kuyt
         Adam Spearing
Enrique Agger Skrtel Johnson
                Reina

TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #321 on: February 2, 2012, 07:54:25 pm »
I fucking hate Tottenham Fans. Almost as much as the Mancs I really do.

I have at least a 0.1 decimal place of respect for what Man U have achieved in the 90s and 00s. Lets face it, no one expected them to be on 19 now, not even them.

But Spurs on the other hand have such a deluded set of C**nts for fans. Playing the best football, ill give them that, but all of a sudden they have an arrogance like they have spent 4 years cleaning up trophies.

Football can change very quickly. They should know that and watch what they say, as before Rosie47 came along they were third from bottom the pricks.

For any dirty spurs fans coming into this thread. Look at this you deluded bunch of fannies

Tottenham Hotspur

European Cups - 0

League Titles - 2

Liverpool FC

European Cups - 5

League Titles - 18

End of discussion.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: February 2, 2012, 07:55:29 pm »
They're as bad as the mancs, bunch of clueless delusional dickheads.

Except Tommy W, he's sound. :)

Thanks Phil ;) Although I may turn into an absolute dickhead if we lose on Monday. Haha

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #323 on: February 2, 2012, 07:56:58 pm »
Thanks Phil ;) Although I may turn into an absolute dickhead if we lose on Monday. Haha

Was only referencing the bile posted on that forum link above of course mate. :)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: February 2, 2012, 08:00:53 pm »
Was only referencing the bile posted on that forum link above of course mate. :)

Yeah, well every set of supporters has a nob head quota to fill unfortunately ;)

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #325 on: February 2, 2012, 08:02:18 pm »
Holy fuck at the poster on the Spurs forum with a picture of their infant next to WENGER IS A PAEDO spelled out in those little magentic letters.

Wow.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #326 on: February 2, 2012, 08:07:13 pm »
 I registered on that forum a couple of years ago to respond to a thread much like the one that's been linked in here. I tried logging in now and received the following notification: "You have been banned (no reason specified). Date ban will be lifted: Never"

Hahahah. Bunch of fucktards.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
« Reply #327 on: February 2, 2012, 08:09:59 pm »
Even disregarding everything but our recent history, in the last ten years we've won: 1 Champions League, 1 UEFA Cup, 3 FA Cups and 3 League Cups and we're currently in the running for both the FA and League cup this season.

The Spuds have won a league cup. Absolute halfwits who have won fuck all with their soon to be prison bound manager.

Offline JN Jonsson

• Considerably richer than yow... richer even than Southern Pansy
  • Kopite
  • Hub of the Internet-Terrorists.
« Reply #328 on: February 2, 2012, 08:10:57 pm »
Id play Kuyt, Carroll and Bellamy if possible.
Suarez for Craig Douglas Bellamy if kneeprolematic shizzl.

Henderson, Spearing and if possible Gerrard. If Gerrard cant play id put in Downing or Suarez if Craig Douglas Bellamy kan play.

Kelly or Glen? To be fair id love to see Kelly cus hes so guuuud but Glen deserves the spot , despite his lack of form recently he tries to come back and have done now vs mancs and wolves.
Gimme gimme jon, Gimme jonjoooohhh
Gimme gimme jon, Gimme jonjoooohhh
(Britney Speares - Give me moore)

Offline Brandon@Flowers

• is a Mormon (with a lapsed m)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #329 on: February 2, 2012, 08:12:05 pm »
What's with all the Spurs hate in here? Just because they have been better than us in the past 2 years?  ::)

Hate before the match is never good, it'll jinx it.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #330 on: February 2, 2012, 08:13:02 pm »
It's possible there could be quite a bit of snow in Liverpool on Saturday, but hopefully it'll be cleared away come Monday night. Can't wait for this, we're due a win against these idiots.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #331 on: February 2, 2012, 08:24:33 pm »
What's with all the Spurs hate in here? Just because they have been better than us in the past 2 years?  ::)

Hate before the match is never good, it'll jinx it.

I hope someone else has collared you for either being an Uncle Tom Sky Sports Liverpool fan, or a wind-up merchant.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: February 2, 2012, 08:24:36 pm »
Ah darn, we'd have it easy if they went 4-4-2 against us.  Him being fit is going to make this much more difficult.

Modric and Parker are the only two central midfielders keeping 442 alive in this country. Top level-wise.

Tommy_W... so what kind of horse tranquilisers is Ledley King on these days? Seriously... is his knee getting 'better'?

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: February 2, 2012, 08:27:36 pm »
Who cares what some blerts think on another clubs forum? Not worth entertaining. They do have a better team than us at present, let them enjoy it while it lasts. This is the last season they will finish above us for a while. Opposition fans don't realise how our club was almost stripped bare and why should they? Let them enjoy their relative success, Spurs are not a long term concern.

Offline Brandon@Flowers

• is a Mormon (with a lapsed m)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #334 on: February 2, 2012, 08:28:04 pm »
I hope someone else has collared you for either being an Uncle Tom Sky Sports Liverpool fan, or a wind-up merchant.

And why is that?

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • My blog
« Reply #335 on: February 2, 2012, 08:36:09 pm »
my fav from that link

Regardless if we win lose or draw they will still be looking up at us at the end of the season, so makes no difference really, one game does not define which team is better

P       TW   D     LW    TG    LG
160   48   39   73   190   244   

tw=spurs wins
tg=spurs goals
lw=liverpool wins
lg=liverpool goals

next
« Last Edit: February 2, 2012, 08:40:17 pm by Appreciator of former strikers »
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Bruycker

• Main Stander
« Reply #336 on: February 2, 2012, 08:38:35 pm »
Who cares what some blerts think on another clubs forum? Not worth entertaining. They do have a better team than us at present, let them enjoy it while it lasts. This is the last season they will finish above us for a while. Opposition fans don't realise how our club was almost stripped bare and why should they? Let them enjoy their relative success, Spurs are not a long term concern.

Completely agree. They have a good side that plays enjoyable football, but they don't have to fulfill expectations like we have to. If we finish outside the top 4 people talk about it that we don't have it anymore. If they finish 5th or 6th people think it's normal.

I don't like this endless discussion about "We have history and they don't", but due to our history people have expectations of our club. That makes us the bigger club in my opinion. If they can keep up their form for the next years, things can change. If we don't progress in the next years, things can change. But for now Liverpool is a club that HAS to be in the top four and spurs is a club that did really well when they make it.

I believe we're on the good way. Now we should just beat them on monday. Not to shut their mouths, but to bring us back to where we should be.

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: February 2, 2012, 08:40:45 pm »
Suarez back for this one right!? I can't wait for it, the form we're in right now..

Time to make a serious push for top-4.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #338 on: February 2, 2012, 08:42:22 pm »
Now we should just beat them on monday. Not to shut their mouths, but to bring us back to where we should be.
agree, great club would rather they won the league than the mancs, but still need to beat them, and still don't think they can call themselves better after their three best years and our three worst coincided.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: February 2, 2012, 08:43:41 pm »
Even disregarding everything but our recent history, in the last ten years we've won: 1 Champions League, 1 UEFA Cup, 3 FA Cups and 3 League Cups and we're currently in the running for both the FA and League cup this season.

The Spuds have won a league cup. Absolute halfwits who have won fuck all with their soon to be prison bound manager.
The interesting question for any Spurs fan would be - would you bet you'd win more trophies in the next 10 years than Liverpool ?

Not many would. They have 2 special players right now in Bale and Modric who would grace in any side in the world but they are heavily reliant on a loan player up front who defines their team shape and who, once he gets a 4 year contract will go back to being a wanker again as he always has.

There's something about our Club that is special and when our crowd gets to smell trophies we bring them home. Spurs haven't got that in their DNA. I'd bet any Spurs fan we will be more successful in the next 10 years. If we beat them on Monday we'll be talking about catching them this year !!

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #340 on: February 2, 2012, 08:44:11 pm »
Tottenham Delenda Est
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #341 on: February 2, 2012, 09:10:46 pm »
Let them have their fun, Leeds were actually doing way better than Spurs are now not that long ago and look where they are? All I know is that as a fan I've been to 2 European cup finals in the last decade, I've seen our team in recent times knock Juventus, Inter, Milan, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid and Barcelona all out of Europe and although we haven't always reached the heights of the 70's and 80's we've always won trophies, got to finals and achieved things even then that those poor fuckers will only ever dream about.

FFS our manager that they laugh so much at, has won more trophies than theirs has had hot dinners. He's even won the league more times as a manager than Mr Wenger who has for 15 years been their nemesis.

Small time club having their day in the sun that is all, and when things really matter they'll bottle it as usual

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #342 on: February 2, 2012, 09:11:05 pm »
Suarez   Gerrard   Bellamy

Carroll

Jizz. It probably won't even be this as Stevie won't be as far forward, but if it was I'd cry with excitement.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: February 2, 2012, 09:19:42 pm »
Let them have their fun, Leeds were actually doing way better than Spurs are now not that long ago and look where they are? All I know is that as a fan I've been to 2 European cup finals in the last decade, I've seen our team in recent times knock Juventus, Inter, Milan, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid and Barcelona all out of Europe and although we haven't always reached the heights of the 70's and 80's we've always won trophies, got to finals and achieved things even then that those poor fuckers will only ever dream about.

FFS our manager that they laugh so much at, has won more trophies than theirs has had hot dinners. He's even won the league more times as a manager than Mr Wenger who has for 15 years been their nemesis.

Small time club having their day in the sun that is all, and when things really matter they'll bottle it as usual
Mate the reality is, at our worst we still win more than Spurs at their best.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #344 on: February 2, 2012, 09:26:09 pm »
Nothing more than a small time club enjoying a fortuitous purple patch, an annoying deluded fan base and a corrupt manager with a sloppy face. A simple and succinct description......
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: February 2, 2012, 09:34:21 pm »
This one worries me, we haven't shown up against them the past couple times we've played them and we're high on confidence in our recent run of form. Hopefully Kenny has their heads on straight and we have the right mindset going into this match. Could prove to be a pivotal game come the end of the season.

That said, with Suarez back I really can't see us losing. Hopefully the Kop is loud and intimidating and Carroll takes care of their centre halfs while Suarez runs in behind them.

4-2 to the Reds in a classic.

Offline jah008

• Anny Roader
  • It's company policy to give you the plague!
« Reply #346 on: February 2, 2012, 09:46:07 pm »
                 Carroll
   Bellamy Gerrard Suarez
     Henderson Spearing
                  Reina

Carroll must play. He pulls in multiple CB's. It will allow Bellamy and Suarez heaps of room to run at defenses and only have to take one player on and not two.
Henderson should play midfield with Spearing. Two young guys to play Defensive Midfield. Spurs ran riot last time out. Adam won't shut them down fast enough.
Gerrard in his best role. Attacking Midfield!!

I smell three points!
"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Offline steve10

• Kopite
« Reply #347 on: February 2, 2012, 09:47:23 pm »
Kelly and Johnson on the right to keep Bale in check. Spearing, Gerrard and Adam in midfield with Bellamy on the left and Suarez upfront. Lennon is injured and hopefully wont make the game so Enrique will have an easier game.

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #348 on: February 2, 2012, 09:48:03 pm »
Spurs are really good. We can play really really really good. But we can also play shite.

Their pace is a worry, but other than that, they're no great shakes at anything else. To don my manager hat, a high line; squeeze the midfield, and try and dominate possession. A defensive midfield is a must. Their defence can be got at, especially if Nelsen gets his debut.

Am I right in thinking Adebayor has done his hammy?

Either way, for me:

Reina

Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Enrique

Spearing
Henderson
Gerrard

Suarez
Bellamy
Carroll

That would be our best shot, I think.

Offline Romell

• Main Stander
« Reply #349 on: February 2, 2012, 09:59:38 pm »
And what about all these racist references to liverpool on their forums, "Klanfield" etc, this from a crowd of apes who chanted racist abuse to Adebayor for years and now, "he is the best forward in the league". White Hart Lane is the home of racist chanting.
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
Muhammad Ali

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: February 2, 2012, 10:04:06 pm »
Kelly and Johnson on the right to keep Bale in check. Spearing, Gerrard and Adam in midfield with Bellamy on the left and Suarez upfront. Lennon is injured and hopefully wont make the game so Enrique will have an easier game.
There's no point lining up 2 down our right hand side for Bale any more. He drifts inside and swaps wings half the time now.

Johnson just needs winding up and told he's got a massive job on. He dealt with Bale great last season at WHL when Bale was flying and can do so again.

The best way to play Spurs is to get at them because Parker is the only one in their midfield who does a tap defensively. We can score past these but if we sit off them and let them get into a rhythm and don't use the crowd to our advantage we will get beat. Spurs are great in possession so we have to squeeze them and give them a few kicks and see what happens then.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: February 2, 2012, 10:08:23 pm »
liverpool. 5   London. 0. 

Djimi Traore - 1.  London - 0.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #352 on: February 2, 2012, 10:24:26 pm »
                 Carroll
   Bellamy Gerrard Suarez
     Henderson Spearing
                  Reina

Like.
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #353 on: February 2, 2012, 10:27:59 pm »
I've got a lot of mates who are spurs fans, have good banter with them, what's wrong with them being happy that they are on the up.
They want us to win when we play arse, both mancs and Chelsea.
Really want us to batter them , I can then waste 20 text messages taking the piss.
YNWA

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #354 on: February 2, 2012, 10:43:27 pm »
I fucking hate Tottenham Fans. Almost as much as the Mancs I really do.

I have at least a 0.1 decimal place of respect for what Man U have achieved in the 90s and 00s. Lets face it, no one expected them to be on 19 now, not even them.

But Spurs on the other hand have such a deluded set of C**nts for fans. Playing the best football, ill give them that, but all of a sudden they have an arrogance like they have spent 4 years cleaning up trophies.

Football can change very quickly. They should know that and watch what they say, as before Rosie47 came along they were third from bottom the pricks.

For any dirty spurs fans coming into this thread. Look at this you deluded bunch of fannies

Tottenham Hotspur

European Cups - 0

League Titles - 2

Liverpool FC

European Cups - 5

League Titles - 18

End of discussion.

totally agree with all this, they really are well up their own arse's, and all this arrogance cuz of ONE champions league quarter and a tepid title challenge this season!

as much as i hate the mancs least they got the trophys to back up their arrogance, the spuds will be back to mid table mediocrity the minute the screw locks harry in his cell!

Offline shawnk

• redemptn
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #355 on: February 2, 2012, 11:04:52 pm »
Carroll vs King is the key here. If we play Carroll and he keeps winning high balls off king and knocking them back into the box for Bellamy and Kuyt and Suarez to run onto, we'll be fine.

But King is a beast and has his best performances vs us.

That's what I don't want Liverpool to go to. Under the King, we have started playing football again (the pass and move type) and that's proper football IMO. Don't want the team to go back to hoofing and high balls.

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #356 on: February 2, 2012, 11:08:53 pm »
That's what I don't want Liverpool to go to. Under the King, we have started playing football again (the pass and move type) and that's proper football IMO. Don't want the team to go back to hoofing and high balls.

What? The last two games Carroll has been arguably our best player, we could have scored a lot more from his knock downs if players round him were more aware, its a essential part of his game. If we use high balls with Carroll like we have the last few games and get on the end of his knock downs (Suarez) we will see a lot more goals. The mix of Bellamy's and Suarez movement and pace with Carroll's general presence and arial abilities sounds good to me!
-YNWA-

Offline mulle

• Main Stander
  • xabi, xabi alonso
« Reply #357 on: February 2, 2012, 11:31:34 pm »
totally agree with all this, they really are well up their own arse's, and all this arrogance cuz of ONE champions league quarter and a tepid title challenge this season!

as much as i hate the mancs least they got the trophys to back up their arrogance, the spuds will be back to mid table mediocrity the minute the screw locks harry in his cell!

I Agree as well, ONE champions league season and now euro league is to "bad" for there standard

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #358 on: February 2, 2012, 11:54:56 pm »
 TommyW is one of two or three Tottenham fans I've come across on the internet who hasn't irritated the fuck out of me.

In general, they're a bunch of know-nothing, arrogant pricks. Their club has spent one season in the Champions League (where they were humiliated by Real Madrid anyway) and half a season being a nuisance to the two Manchester clubs, one of whom will win the title. Apart from a Carling Cup, which meant nothing in the long run as they sacked the man who won it for them all of eight months later, those are their only achievements in the past decade or so. One of those posters on the forum that was linked here claimed that Tottenham are one of "the world's elite, way ahead of Liverpool". Really? Fucking really, you muppets? They only JUST finished ahead of us last season, despite us having endured more than half the season with Roy fucking Hodgson in charge, yet they're miles ahead of us? Fuck off.

They can't keep their best players, they won't win anything this year, they resorted to begging the courts to give them the Olympic Stadium because they know they can't build their own and their manager will fuck off at the end of this year, leaving them in the position they were in before he came there - a well-supported, well run midtable club with no real chance of becoming anything to be reckoned with in the long run.

They constantly use this "they only talk about history" argument to discredit Liverpool before claiming what? That we're idiots for being optimistic about the present and future as well! "They only talk about history... Oh, and how they've just beaten the two best teams in the country in the Cups... And how they're building form in the league... Oh shit, we're really not making sense are we? Ah well, they're racist! They have a proven racist in their side, even if he wasn't proved racist at all, and we definitely NEVER sang racist songs about our first-choice striker..." Bunch of crybaby, hypocritical, boring little fannies they are.

But I don't hate them, far from it. They are a nothing club to us, a tiny little group of superior pricks that values itself on... Well, fuck all when you think about it. So they're delusional and jealous, but do they have any sticks to beat us with? Nope.

Fuck 'em. They live to see bigger, better clubs not do as well as they should.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2012, 12:04:29 am by Shirley. »
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #359 on: February 3, 2012, 12:08:48 am »
Watching Carroll against Wolves he was always knocking the ball down in to good areas,
areas that Suarez can exploit, and with Bellamy on the left wing, I think we will hit them the way
we were hit at theirs. Where they got a lot of help from an abysmal ref.