Author Topic: Vote Steven Gerrard best ever Prem player  (Read 18163 times)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Vote Steven Gerrard best ever Prem player
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2011, 12:14:00 pm »
Giggs best ever PL player?

Why not?  Probably has a better claim than Gerrard.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2011, 12:16:01 pm »
+1  :-X

Offline Willafus

• Main Stander
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2011, 12:37:28 pm »

There's no doubt what Giggs has done at United is outstanding, and as a red I hate seeing Utd players winning awards ahead of Liverpool players :P Maybe he does have a better claim when you consider what he's done for his club, but when it comes to ability? I know who I'd chose out of those two.

Giggs - 53%
Stevie - 24%
Henry - 11%

Henry being that far behind is quite stupid. I shouldn't let something this stupid get to me and it doesn't surprise me either, considering it's a sky sports poll.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2011, 12:44:46 pm »
another useless poll, this players were and are all unique and shined in PL for longer and shorter time.. The best impact definetly had Ronaldo, you have to admit, he won the golden ball, but then again, Stevie is by far the most talented and unique midfielder, Giggs is a living legend for United, Henry steal the show with Arsenal in his best years, the same Bergkamp...

If Keane is there, why isnīt Viera?

stupid poll.

Giggs will win it, just becouse he is the oldest and longest serving player for PL, but from impact - player status - rolemodell etc i would vote either for Stevie or for Henry, this were players who lead their clubs almost alone to success in domestic cups or europe...

EDIT: or letīs say, take every player of this poll at one day at their BEST FORM.

1. Ronaldo
2. Stevie
3. Henry

itīs fair to say this.

But you can look on this poll from many angles, this polls are uselles and never objective...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 12:50:48 pm by PIPA23 »

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2011, 01:09:20 pm »

Does he fuck. Giggs has never even been world class for manchester united, he has always had consistency problems and goes through too many periods of being hot and cold.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2011, 04:13:22 pm »
Henry or Gerrard should be the winner, that as much is clear.

Giggs has been a great player, but he is a player despite his talents that has never truly reached his peak in my eyes.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2011, 04:14:52 pm »
:butt I wouldn't of minded if Henry won, same with RVP on the other one. Giggs best ever PL player? Nani best PL player this year? ::) it's quite funny how stupid these sky sports polls are to be honest.

Nani has been just as good as Suarez though.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2011, 04:19:15 pm »
Keane and Scholes have been more influential than Giggs for the mancs.

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2011, 04:21:06 pm »
Maybe but nowhere close to Henry. Either to them really.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2011, 06:14:37 pm »
I'm really surprised that Giggs' ability is being questioned.  Whether you like it or not he's been instrumental in one of the most successful British teams ever.  Are we blind partisans or football fans?

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2011, 06:26:00 pm »
I'm really surprised that Giggs' ability is being questioned.  Whether you like it or not he's been instrumental in one of the most successful British teams ever.  Are we blind partisans or football fans?

Even ask mancs he has never been world class thats why. Hasn't had a single outstanding season where he was one of the worlds best. A great player but not one of the greatest ever.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2011, 06:41:03 pm »
Even ask mancs he has never been world class thats why. Hasn't had a single outstanding season where he was one of the worlds best. A great player but not one of the greatest ever.

The same Mancs that voted him 'best ever Utd player' earlier this year? He's been consistently ever-present for them.  He might not have reached the dizzying heights of Henry and Ronaldo at their peak but he's been instrumental to their success.

At any rate, if we're all being truly honest with ourselves as fans of the game, Gerrard nor Giggs deserve the accolade.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2011, 10:16:59 pm »
The same Mancs that voted him 'best ever Utd player' earlier this year? He's been consistently ever-present for them.  He might not have reached the dizzying heights of Henry and Ronaldo at their peak but he's been instrumental to their success.

At any rate, if we're all being truly honest with ourselves as fans of the game, Gerrard nor Giggs deserve the accolade.

I didn't say he wasn't a good player for them or an important player, but world class is something giggs hasn't ever been unlike gerrard. Who has been up there with the best midfielders in the world over a 10 year period, 08/09 he was the third best player in the world behind messi and ronaldo. Gerrard has been one of the best players of the champions league era let alone the premier league.

Offline -RedTilDead-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2011, 10:49:59 pm »
If you ask me Giggs is one of the greatest and most intelligent players of our generation.  Maybe he has never been THE best at any one point in time,  but to play at the highest level for over 21 years, and to be the only player to score in every premier league season since it began,  are signs of true greatness.  Aged 38 he can still terrorise any defence on his day.

Having said all that I'm still going to vote for Gerrard  :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:12:16 pm by -RedTilDead- »
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are." - Homer Simpson

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2011, 02:01:02 pm »

Best premier league player? Give over

Quite obviously not as good a player as Gerrard.

Giggs might just about make the top ten, but even that would be a matter for debate.

I don't think his extraordinary longevity really comes into it when we're talking about 'the best', nor does the number of trophies he's won with Utd.

It is Henry though really.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2011, 04:59:45 pm »
You know your midfield is complete and utter shit when Gerrard in his come back game after being out for the best part of a year, shows more in an attacking sense than the rest of your midfield has for half a season in just 30 minutes. I had forgot that a player in midfield could actually pass the ball then break forward, I had forgot that a midfielder could actually pass the ball forward, I had forgot that a midfielder could actually move after passing the ball.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Nin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2011, 05:00:18 pm »
You know your midfield is complete and utter shit when Gerrard in his come back game after being out for the best part of a year, shows more in an attacking sense than the rest of your midfield has for half a season in just 30 minutes. I had forgot that a player in midfield could actually pass the ball then break forward, I had forgot that a midfielder could actually pass the ball forward, I had forgot that a midfielder could actually move after passing the ball.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2011, 05:00:44 pm »
Fuck all of you who ever questioned him. You're all a bunch of nobheads. He's still our best bloody player and don't you forget it.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2011, 05:00:51 pm »

Henderson does it all the time.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2011, 05:00:54 pm »
Didnt look 100 percent obviously but was still 100 times better than adam, i also forgot a midfielder can actually pass a ball quickly and look a genuine threat.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2011, 05:01:55 pm »

Spot on! Adam and Henderson fancied themselves as defenders today. You could not even see them near the box when we attacked, never mind show any movement when they passed the ball. Just pass and stand at the halfway line it looked like. Was refreshing to see Stevie back and actually try and join in the attacks sometimes.
Justice for the 97

Offline Nin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2011, 05:02:03 pm »

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2011, 05:05:42 pm »
Needed half an hour to show that he's still our best player. By far. STAY FIT.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Online Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2011, 05:15:50 pm »
Be interesting to see what our line-up looks like when he's back 100%, who drops out, do we play with 2 or 3 in the middle, blah blah thought-provoking questions.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2011, 05:18:46 pm »
Be interesting to see what our line-up looks like when he's back 100%, who drops out, do we play with 2 or 3 in the middle, blah blah thought-provoking questions.

It should be Gerrard and Henderson, or if in a three then Gerrard, Henderson and Spearing no doubt about it!
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96

Offline GoodStuff

• Kopite
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2011, 05:30:28 pm »

This. Absolutely spot on.

We haven't had a midfield since Lucas got injured.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2011, 06:24:09 pm »

Offline danno08

• Anny Roader
  • If you ain't first, you're last.
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2011, 06:45:21 pm »
Would you start him against Newcastle and City, leave him on the bench for Newcastle and start him for City or bring him off the bench for both games?

Personally, I'd start him in both games and then rest him against Oldham.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2011, 06:49:37 pm »
Would you start him against Newcastle and City, leave him on the bench for Newcastle and start him for City or bring him off the bench for both games?

All depends on how he recovers from that run out.
Surely we have learn't our lesson after a decade of racing him back into the side.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2011, 06:51:35 pm »

45 minutes against Newcastle bring him on at half time and then start him against City and bring him off after 60 minutes depending on what sort of situation we are in.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96

Offline danno08

• Anny Roader
  • If you ain't first, you're last.
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2011, 06:53:08 pm »
All depends on how he recovers from that run out.
Surely we have learn't our lesson after a decade of racing him back into the side.
I take your point. Come the Newcastle game though, he'd have been in full training for nearly two weeks. Is that enough time for someone to play 70-90 minutes?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2011, 09:38:24 am »
He is class and without him we will not come 4th. Sorry Andy, it's the truth.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2011, 10:53:27 am »
Our best ever Prem player.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2011, 11:30:58 am »
The only downside to his return yesterday was the demonstration of the huge gulf in quality between him and the rest of our midfielders. It reminded me of the phrase "Let's take a look at what you could have won"
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2011, 11:49:23 am »
He is class and without him we will not come 4th. Sorry Andy, it's the truth.

We're going to need more than Gerrard if we're to finish 4th.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2011, 12:07:57 pm »
+1  :-X

Take Ryan Giggs at his peak, and compare him to the Gerrard of 5 years ago. There really is only one winner. And it's not Ryan Giggs
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2011, 12:13:04 pm »
Didnt look 100 percent obviously but was still 100 times better than adam, i also forgot a midfielder can actually pass a ball quickly and look a genuine threat.
That is what I missed most, the pace on the ball as he passes it, it's a thing beauty if to see. To be honest you could see as soon as he came on,  that he is simply in another class than the rest of our players.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2011, 12:14:44 pm »
Whats the point of this? They will only block his vote if he is winning until some manc over takes him again. Why waste your money.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2011, 12:17:58 pm »
We're going to need more than Gerrard if we're to finish 4th.

you're right, at least 10 other players
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2011, 12:40:20 pm »
Our captain returns.