Author Topic: The Last Of Us  (Read 86094 times)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Last Of Us
« Reply #40 on: February 8, 2013, 08:25:31 am »
Looks great. This, new GoW, Beyond Two souls, last great hurrah for ps3.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: The Last Of Us
« Reply #41 on: February 8, 2013, 10:17:23 am »
Yeah game does look amazing.

That clicking though, oh my god.  Won't be able to play that at night!

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 8, 2013, 11:53:21 am »
Only for PS 3 ...

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #43 on: February 8, 2013, 12:34:45 pm »

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: February 8, 2013, 03:05:19 pm »
Yeah game does look amazing.

That clicking though, oh my god.  Won't be able to play that at night!

Headphones on, lights out and shit pants
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 8, 2013, 03:21:56 pm »
Point being?
Exclusive deals may be a lucrative thing to do, but from an artistic point of view you limit yourself to a smaller group of potential admirers

Nah, just kidding.
It just sucks !
I only play PC games ...

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #46 on: February 8, 2013, 03:34:48 pm »
Naughty Dog easilly got the most out of this gen of consoles. I hear the new fellas did well with Halo 4 though.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 8, 2013, 05:49:20 pm »
A lot of trolling Sony related stuff lately

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 9, 2013, 05:39:45 pm »
i hope they've sacked the bunch of c*nts who made Uncharted 3, 1 and 2 were amazing games, 3 sucked balls
STFU and agree with me.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: February 9, 2013, 09:25:00 pm »
i hope they've sacked the bunch of c*nts who made Uncharted 3, 1 and 2 were amazing games, 3 sucked balls

Bah, surely it was more of the same good shit, I didn't really notice much difference at all. What was it that pissed you off? 2 was probably better, true, and I didn't play 1, but having played 3 first I thought it was fantastic.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 9, 2013, 09:28:31 pm »
U3 was brilliant. The only problem was that it was never going to live up to the masterpiece that was U2
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #51 on: February 9, 2013, 09:40:23 pm »
Uncharted 2 is one of the only games I've completed in one sitting. So much better than the original, no way Uncharted 3 could top it.
:D

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #52 on: February 9, 2013, 10:31:13 pm »
Problem with U3 was they changed the aiming, they made Drake bump into everything for 'realism' and they just didn't catch the same atmosphere as 2. They made it constant set piece after set piece. 

I hear (since I played it) they patched the aiming system to make it the same as 2.

Last of Us looks insane but I'm terrible with horror games and I'm nervous that there is going to be a huge element of survival horror.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 9, 2013, 11:17:18 pm »
Problem with U3 was they changed the aiming, they made Drake bump into everything for 'realism' and they just didn't catch the same atmosphere as 2. They made it constant set piece after set piece. 

I hear (since I played it) they patched the aiming system to make it the same as 2.

Last of Us looks insane but I'm terrible with horror games and I'm nervous that there is going to be a huge element of survival horror.

Walshy now officially is my spokesman on Uncharted 3, everything he said.
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2013, 04:17:48 am »
Bollocks, been delayed to June 14.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2013, 08:10:24 am »
I agree about UC3, still an enjoyable game but it lacked a lot of what uncharted 2 had. I remember almost every set piece, every cut scene, every enemy from uc2, with uc3 I remembered almost nothing. I know at the time uc3 was in development they had a separate team working on TLOU so I dunno if that affected it but even the online didn't feel as good as uc2. I felt the same about KZ2, mind you that was the dickheads moaning because it didn't feel like cod or halo so they made KZ3 over the top and a run of the mill shooter.

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2013, 08:20:45 am »
I agree about UC3, still an enjoyable game but it lacked a lot of what uncharted 2 had. I remember almost every set piece, every cut scene, every enemy from uc2, with uc3 I remembered almost nothing.

UC2 was amazing, there were so many environmental levels to remember (the last boss was a bit forgetful though). It felt more like two or three games of polished quality.

UC3 was great but I think the only environment that blew me away was the London level. The rest of the game didn't do enough really to distinguish itself from other games. The markets a la AC, the sand strewn levels reminiscent of any amount of FPS

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2013, 03:53:00 pm »
UC2 was amazing, there were so many environmental levels to remember (the last boss was a bit forgetful though). It felt more like two or three games of polished quality.

UC3 was great but I think the only environment that blew me away was the London level. The rest of the game didn't do enough really to distinguish itself from other games. The markets a la AC, the sand strewn levels reminiscent of any amount of FPS
The last Boss of UC2 was an utter twat. Hated it, took me a while to finish it. On the flip side, the boss of UC3 was...well non-existant and it finished with a bit of a whimper which was a shame.

I'm really looking forward to TLOU. I really like post apocalyptic settings and the footage from the game seems right up my ally. This'll be a day one purchase for me.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2013, 05:56:27 am »
Still felt the final boss in UC2 was a bit too easy, and I'm not overly great at it either. Resident Evil 4 was the same, amazing game with a lacklustre finale.

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2013, 11:16:19 am »
Thought he was a decent challenge if a bit random.

I thought he was an absolute shit on crushing (if you didn't use the ledge trick) though. I've already got a backlog of games to play on PS3 and there's an announcement for PS4 tomorrow most probably....Still loving Kingdoms of Amalur.....

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2013, 06:16:50 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ICRQYIoORg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-ICRQYIoORg</a>

Offline Tomo!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2013, 03:38:59 pm »
Just picked up my pre order God of War and there's two stickers on the front, one for a free 30 days of ps plus.

The other says The Last of Us demo included, nice bonus wasn't expecting that.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2013, 04:03:25 pm »
nice one, didn't even notice the 30 day pass :)
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2013, 04:17:05 pm »
What is the Last of Us demo?  Get it played and get some footage online.  Is it single player?  Is it MP?

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2013, 04:43:21 pm »
What is the Last of Us demo?  Get it played and get some footage online.  Is it single player?  Is it MP?

it's not a demo, well not yet, it's currently a countdown that says 77 days left, so probably early access to the demo at that time
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2013, 04:44:12 pm »
Still locked for now.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Tomo!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2013, 05:21:14 pm »
it's not a demo, well not yet, it's currently a countdown that says 77 days left, so probably early access to the demo at that time

Bugger, was looking forwards to giving it a whirl.

10 cans of Guinness and Kratos disembowling everything in sight it is then instead.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2013, 10:09:53 am »
Just read on IGN that the campaign is 12 hours to 16 hours tops i can imagine if you go the stealth route with it it will probs be longer , Thats convinced me not to buy it at launch
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2013, 03:59:58 am »
Just read on IGN that the campaign is 12 hours to 16 hours tops i can imagine if you go the stealth route with it it will probs be longer , Thats convinced me not to buy it at launch

That's not a very long game at all. Hope that's not accurate.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2013, 06:30:20 am »
Well that's convinced me to buy it. Seen as games like uncharted are about 8 hours long. This is twice that. In fact 16 hours is double the length of most single player games bar RPGs and one or two others.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2013, 06:36:06 am »
If it's as detailed, well crafted and immersive as I hope it will be, then 20ish hours of gameplay is actually very good.
If.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2013, 07:57:41 am »
That's not a very long game at all. Hope that's not accurate.
Uncharted 3 wasn't more than 10 hours, GOW3 was only 8 hours...

If it's around the 16-20 i'll be happy.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2013, 08:58:12 am »
By today's standards, 16-20 hours for a linear game is long no?

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2013, 09:21:53 am »
I don't see why people are that arsed about supposed game length.

Even a good game can go on too long.

It should be as long as it needs to be, nothing more, nothing less.

Journey wasn't 20 hours, but it didn't matter.

I actually resent games more for being too long rather than too short.

Does anyone go to the cinema and think 'yeah that was better value for money because it was 3 hours long', as opposed 'that was a well-crafted 90 minutes'. No, I think I wasted more of my life, I needed a piss halfway through, I come out starving...

Albums, I much prefer 35-50 minutes rather than the 60 minutes that everyone seemed to think was great because CDs had more storage space. What used to be B-sides ended up making the cut for CDs.

For me, it's not value for money if there's just loads of padding. Short, sharp concise is always more effective.

That's not to say I don't appreciate the long sprawl of certain titles, but just saying 'I'm not buying that' because of an arbitrary 'length' statement - which in itself is erroneous because different people will move through the same game at often vastly different speeds - seems to be to be slightly ridiculous.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #74 on: April 4, 2013, 07:12:17 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/p4pYIsaZqE0?hl=en_GB&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/p4pYIsaZqE0?hl=en_GB&amp;amp;version=3</a>

Extended trailer, loving the facial animations.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: April 4, 2013, 10:17:09 am »
Well that looks absolutely fucking amazing
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2013, 03:32:34 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ZJ2C6wAVpg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-ZJ2C6wAVpg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2013, 04:52:51 pm »
Preorder is in order I think.

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2013, 01:59:27 pm »
Game looks really good. Thinking of lending a mates PS3 and buying this it looks that good. Just going to wait for some of the reviews to come out, though I'm sure it'll be mostly positive.
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2013, 07:51:10 am »
Looks like a review has gone up early by mistake. It's not a dedicated gaming site so it's not very in depth.

Review
A fungal plague has devastated humanity, reducing the infected to brutal, mis-shapen wrecks. Two decades on from the outbreak, you play Joel, an emotionally haunted survivor as he guides the young Ellie to a safehouse on the other side of wasteland America. On the surface, the set-up could be pitched as ‘Ico meets The Walking Dead’ but the execution makes it so much more than that.

The world you’ll be travelling is fraught with danger – more often from other humans than from the Infected – but is unerringly beautiful. Nature has reclaimed urban spaces, and the results are stunning. Colour and lighting change with the seasons as the story progresses, and characters’ appearances become worn and tired with time. This is easily the best-looking game on PS3.

The gameplay itself could easily have been a disappointment – broadly a mix of stealth and action, with innumerable sections of waist-high cover shooting, it doesn’t immediately offer anything new. Played with a shooter mindset, it doesn’t, in fact. However, it’s in avoiding combat when possible, incapacitating foes and only killing when absolutely, unavoidably necessary that the game stands apart. You’ll pause, consider options, listen, always aware that a mis-timed charge into action will prove fatal. You’re not playing a superhero, or even anyone as tough as Nathan Drake from Naughty Dog’s earlier Uncharted games – you’re playing a human, as fragile and vulnerable as any of us. When you are forced to fight, it’s short, sharp, shocking, and the game treats violence with almost disgust – necessary evils.

At the heart of the game is the almost parental relationship between Joel and his charge, one brought to life through the best vocal performances yet heard in a video game. The production quality of the game is spectacular but the actors are working at another level. The score, the first Brokeback Mountain’s Gustavo Santolalla has composed for games, is also superb, ratcheting up the tension and underscoring the solitude of the world through use of silence as much as bold orchestral moments. There are many cinematic influences at work throughout the game, but it avoids feeling like an interactive movie.

The Last of Us is not just the finest game that Naughty Dog has yet crafted and an easy contender for the best game of this console generation, it may also prove to be gaming’s Citizen Kane moment – a masterpiece that will be looked back upon favourably for decades.

5 Stars.

Reviewed by Matt Kamen

Spent a tonne on games recently, so I'll have to wait a bit before getting it  :(

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/reviewcomplete.asp?GID=973