Author Topic: Rafa Benitez to PSG? No.  (Read 39449 times)

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Rafa Benitez to PSG?
« Reply #160 on: December 4, 2011, 09:30:14 pm »
I really hope he gets a job like PSG, a team with good financial backing and ambition, and not in the Premier league.
Malaga would be another team I wouldnt mind seeing him manage.

He needs the opportunity to set all the gobshits in the media straight...

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #161 on: December 4, 2011, 09:32:23 pm »
The plot thickens and the Sky Generation roars with delight...

bensmith_Times Ben Smith
@
@benlyt I'm being told, by someone I trust, there is something to this Benitez/PSG story, Ben.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: December 4, 2011, 09:35:27 pm »
PSG would walk it with their current squad and Rafa, hope he gets it, couldn't stand him managing another premiership team.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: December 4, 2011, 09:55:01 pm »
I hope this is true. Really don't want him at a club like Chelsea, City or Spurs next summer. PSG is a cracking project for him. Has had problems with the powers above at Valencia, Liverpool, and Inter and I hope he gets the backing he deserves.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline CarraG238

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #164 on: December 4, 2011, 10:30:34 pm »
You would have to think that there's something to this if Al-Jazeera is reporting Rafa is going to take over considering the connections between the network and PSG's ownership.  Will finally get the financial backing that he deserves, have the opportunity to coach in one of the best cities in the world with a team on the rise and could be a dominant force in European football for many years to come.

Time and patience is all he needs.
“It was the first game of the qualifying for us and well we can take a lot from it ,like I was talking to one of the guys from TNS about my internet connection at home and he said the reason I sometimes can't get on is because I am running the wrong browser with Windows 95 and he suggested I update to Windows XP” - 23 Carra Gold

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: December 4, 2011, 10:30:57 pm »
Al Jazeera just said on its news channel that no decision is made regarding Kombouaré whatsoever.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: December 4, 2011, 10:44:39 pm »
This would be brilliant for Rafa. I know he really wants to stay in England but this is almost the perfect offer.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 4, 2011, 10:53:38 pm »
This would be brilliant for Rafa. I know he really wants to stay in England but this is almost the perfect offer.

PSG is practically southern England, isn't it?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #168 on: December 4, 2011, 11:01:14 pm »
Would be great for Rafa. Really think he would turn them into a top side, particularly seeing as he'll be given financial backing.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #169 on: December 4, 2011, 11:12:31 pm »
think its a great move. close to his home too, and hopefully can provide the backing rafa really deserves
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: December 4, 2011, 11:17:38 pm »
NicoFleche85: According to Canal+, there's not been any contact between Rafael Benitez and Paris Saint-Germain.

French football expert so I guess we'll see.

I'm sorry, did you just call Nico Fleche a French football expert?

Fuck me, that's brilliant.

I love Twitter.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Djimothy

• Kopite
« Reply #171 on: December 4, 2011, 11:54:56 pm »
bensmith_Times Ben Smith
PSG made contact with the Benitez camp today. Interesting to see how things progress from here.

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
« Reply #172 on: December 4, 2011, 11:57:50 pm »
My mate was in Paris this weekend and went out wearing his Liverpool shirt. He said three or four people came up to him asking about Benitez, what he was like etc. They must have a feeling that he's in contention.

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: December 5, 2011, 12:04:51 am »
If Rafa is offered the PSG job, he should take it in seconds. IMO, it is better than any job he'll ever be offered at England right now.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 5, 2011, 12:08:47 am »
If Rafa is offered the PSG job, he should take it in seconds. IMO, it is better than any job he'll ever be offered at England right now.

I'm not sure.  They're three points off top and apparently thinking about sacking their manager.  Rafa needs to build, I'm not sure he'll be given the time there.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 5, 2011, 12:20:54 am »
I'm not sure.  They're three points off top and apparently thinking about sacking their manager.  Rafa needs to build, I'm not sure he'll be given the time there.
It's the same situation with Mancini and he was allowed enough time, Kombouaré isn't high profile enough for them and they want to be a force in Europe.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: December 5, 2011, 12:26:39 am »
Absolute dream job for him - I can't think of a better gig in European football at the moment, certainly not one that's going to be available any time soon anyway.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 5, 2011, 12:29:37 am »
I'd rather him both try and be successful in a different country (again). It aint gonna happen in the PL for him.

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: December 5, 2011, 12:34:20 am »
Money, fan support, great academy, loads of young talented players in France, no clear strong favorites in Ligue 1, no more missing out on Alves/Jovetic while looking at Aguero wistfully...

A great opportunity for Rafa if this happens.  PSG can have a very, very strong squad in the near future.
King Kenny.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #179 on: December 5, 2011, 12:41:02 am »
 If he genuinely has his hear set on working in England again, I think the Tottenham job is his best bet. I reckon it's becoming more and more likely that Redknapp will be announced as England manager before the EURO's next Summer and Spurs will do well to find a top class manager to replace him. So if Rafa's willing to stick it out until then, I reckon he'd be absolutely fantastic there - he'd give them European pedigree, polish up their defence and have technically gifted players available to him for the first time since he left Valencia.

However, the transitional period would be quite difficult for them and I don't know whether he'd have the patience to put up with yet more shite from fans and the media. Overall,  PSG looks like a fantastic opportunity for him.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #180 on: December 5, 2011, 12:42:19 am »
If he genuinely has his hear set on working in England again, I think the Tottenham job is his best bet. I reckon it's becoming more and more likely that Redknapp will be announced as England manager before the EURO's next Summer and Spurs will do well to find a top class manager to replace him. So if Rafa's willing to stick it out until then, I reckon he'd be absolutely fantastic there - he'd give them European pedigree, polish up their defence and have technically gifted players available to him for the first time since he left Valencia.

However, the transitional period would be quite difficult for them and I don't know whether he'd have the patience to put up with yet more shite from fans and the media. Overall,  PSG looks like a fantastic opportunity for him.

The spurs fans are as blind as the Villa fans, they don't deserve Rafa.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #181 on: December 5, 2011, 12:43:57 am »
The man will take the continent by storm, Rafa with real money. If this is true then I look forward to watching him devistate France and Europe (minus us of course, when we face him the the CL)
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 5, 2011, 12:54:21 am »

Spurs will appoint Carlo, if they fail to do so they'll prefer a British manager. Unfortunately the media have done a good job in convincing people that Rafa is an inferior manager, if he really wants to get a job at European Heavyweights then PSG is the ideal place for him, build them in Europe and he can have as many jobs as he would like in the PL. Until then, he will always get linked with mid table clubs like Villa, Sunderland, etc and he may be even overlooked in favor of guys like O'Neill or Hughes. Sad but true.

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 5, 2011, 01:01:11 am »
I hope Rafa gets the job because he deserves an owner that will back him financially.

I hope Rafa doesn't get the job because we'll have to face PSG in Europe eventually.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #184 on: December 5, 2011, 01:08:23 am »

Offline B_I_F

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #185 on: December 5, 2011, 01:11:39 am »
I actually want Benitez to sign for PSG. It's a perfect club for him and his family. Great club, great city.

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #186 on: December 5, 2011, 01:39:02 am »
Best job in Europe for him. Bar none.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #187 on: December 5, 2011, 01:49:48 am »
The spurs fans are as blind as the Villa fans, they don't deserve Rafa.

This is true. I remember when some Villa fans were making comments like 'I'd take Benitez' as if it was some sort of favour on their part. They're a fucking shite club with shite fans yet still thought they may just give the European Cup winning, La Liga conquering Rafa Benitez a leg up and let him take over at Villa fucking Park. I was tearing my hair out reading it, it was that cringey.

Spurs fans are no better, either. I remember when they played Rafa's Inter in the Champions League last year and a group of Spurs supporters were interviewed by Sky Sports News. The reporter asked about what they thought of Rafa's appointment and one smug twat goes 'well tha's theee ownly gud fing abahhht 'em reely! *guffaw guffaw guffaw* Feckless bellends.

I know it was a bad move for Rafa on the whole but I'm glad he went to Inter, just because he fucking humiliated Tottenham that night. Wiped those smug smiles right off their faces.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #188 on: December 5, 2011, 02:42:02 am »
Really would be win win.Hope it happens for him.He could turn them into a real dominant force.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #189 on: December 5, 2011, 02:45:23 am »
I hope Rafa gets the job because he deserves an owner that will back him financially.

I hope Rafa doesn't get the job because we'll have to face PSG in Europe eventually.

Better than him turning Tottenham into a European force.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 5, 2011, 03:43:02 am »
bensmith_Times Ben Smith
PSG made contact with the Benitez camp today. Interesting to see how things progress from here.

Rafa would be crazy to turn it down. PSG and Rafa can become a genuine force.

With a bucketload of money Rafa can field a world class first team and have enough leftover to indulge in his 'project' he keeps harping about.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 5, 2011, 03:47:42 am »
Better than him turning Tottenham into a European force.

Agreed.

I'd like to officially start the Torres to PSG rumor riiiiiiiiiiight..... NOW!

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 5, 2011, 04:32:17 am »
There is a strange and irrational part of me that thinks Rafa will sit on ice until Kenny does his thing.

Y'know, Rafa sitting in a football lab, working out every side in the world, building lists of players that could make us great again.

Its incredibly sad and sommewhat pathetic. I rate him that highly.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #193 on: December 5, 2011, 05:11:57 am »
See you at the 2013 Champions League Final then Rafa.

Offline zERo

• Kopite
  • We will rise again
« Reply #194 on: December 5, 2011, 05:12:25 am »
Rafa at PSG would be  great move. Although having leo above him can be detrimental, but then again if it goes well he can prove to people that he can work with men above him and may be in future with commoli as well.
Only thing that is constant is the change, learn to live with it, move on

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #195 on: December 5, 2011, 05:46:55 am »
not PSG please, Rafa!
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #196 on: December 5, 2011, 06:09:39 am »
This is true. I remember when some Villa fans were making comments like 'I'd take Benitez' as if it was some sort of favour on their part. They're a fucking shite club with shite fans yet still thought they may just give the European Cup winning, La Liga conquering Rafa Benitez a leg up and let him take over at Villa fucking Park. I was tearing my hair out reading it, it was that cringey.

Spurs fans are no better, either. I remember when they played Rafa's Inter in the Champions League last year and a group of Spurs supporters were interviewed by Sky Sports News. The reporter asked about what they thought of Rafa's appointment and one smug twat goes 'well th a's theee ownly gud fing abahhht 'em reely! *guffaw guffaw guffaw* Feckless bellends.

I know it was a bad move for Rafa on the whole but I'm glad he went to Inter, just because he fucking humiliated Tottenham that night. Wiped those smug smiles right off their faces.

Please explain?  Inter got the fucking shit kicked out of them at WHL and came 2nd in the group.  How were Spurshumiliated?

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #197 on: December 5, 2011, 06:40:56 am »
Please explain?  Inter got the fucking shit kicked out of them at WHL and came 2nd in the group.  How were Spurshumiliated?

Maybe conceding 4 in a half has something to do with it.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #198 on: December 5, 2011, 06:45:22 am »
Smart appointment by PSG if it comes to pass. And yeah, Rafa deserves better than teams like Villa and fucking Sunderland.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 5, 2011, 06:47:01 am »
Agreed.