Author Topic: Rafa Benitez to PSG? No.  (Read 39444 times)

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rafa Benitez to PSG?
« Reply #120 on: December 4, 2011, 08:31:36 pm »
Pretty much and our transfer business could have been better if he had any funds to spend. Also, the injury crisis didn't help him in his final season with us and the same situation was his problem at Inter.

Anyway, this is about the potential of him moving to PSG which I would love to see.

Indeed.

Is there any other substance to this other than the tweet?
I know next to nothing about the French league, but can't wait to see him back in management.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: December 4, 2011, 08:33:24 pm »
RAWK at is best this. So biased and so blinkered with everything.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Djimothy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: December 4, 2011, 08:36:38 pm »
Alot of hyperbole in this thread.Good luck to him anyway if he takes the job,better off out of England.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #123 on: December 4, 2011, 08:42:12 pm »
I really hope he gets this job, he deserves another crack at a big job but I don't want him in the Prem
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: December 4, 2011, 08:42:22 pm »
Hope this is true, best of luck to Rafa, he deserves a club that is well run and has the potential to match his. 
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: December 4, 2011, 08:43:05 pm »
I'll keep the debate on track about moving to PSG.

Benitez has always admitted that he wanted full control at the next football club he manages. All the clubs he could manage seem to have a multiple management structure, similar to us. Maybe he has admitted that if he wants to work again it will have to be with a DOF/GM.

The role of Leonardo will be important, for years he was scout at AC, then manager of both AC and succeeded Rafa at Inter. I'd imagine they could be a good combination though.

I'd rather he was working again even if we see less of him doing the media work.

If it happens then the best of luck to him! Hopefully we may meet in next seasons CL.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: December 4, 2011, 08:44:24 pm »
Nah, Rafa said he wouldn't mind as long as the set up was professional.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: December 4, 2011, 08:46:02 pm »
I hope he has good owners backing him though, it wouldn't be nice to have a situation like Chelsea with Abromovic sacking managers once the team hist a small loss of form.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: December 4, 2011, 08:46:15 pm »
Nah, Rafa said he wouldn't mind as long as the set up was professional.

Is it at PSG?
How stable is the ownership and running of the Club?
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: December 4, 2011, 08:48:10 pm »
Is it at PSG?

It's Qatar, they're fairly unglamorous to be honest. They seem to buy okay last summer. Pastore will be great for Rafa's style.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #130 on: December 4, 2011, 08:48:16 pm »
That's what I thought.

His problem was Parry, the c*nts and that bell at Inter as they slide further.

Be a good move for him. Cant see many better in all honesty and one shit season with us wouldn't allow me to see him as anything other than a frightening prospect with sound financial backing.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #131 on: December 4, 2011, 08:48:17 pm »
Is it at PSG?

On 31 May 2011, Paris Saint-Germain announced that Qatar Investment Authority bought a controlling 70% stake in the club from, now minority, shareholder Colony Capital, who retained 29% of the capital club.

From Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ownership_and_finances_of_Paris_Saint-Germain_F.C.

The QIA sovereign investment fund is thought to be worth around $60 billion dollars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_Investment_Authority
« Last Edit: December 4, 2011, 08:50:02 pm by El Campeador »

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 4, 2011, 08:49:46 pm »
It's Qatar, they're fairly unglamorous to be honest. They seem to buy okay last summer. Pastore will be great for Rafa's style.

On 31 May 2011, Paris Saint-Germain announced that Qatar Investment Authority bought a controlling 70% stake in the club from, now minority, shareholder Colony Capital, who retained 29% of the capital club.

From Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ownership_and_finances_of_Paris_Saint-Germain_F.C.

Thank you.
I'll do some reading, hope this works out for him.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 4, 2011, 08:50:37 pm »
Would love to see Rafa back in football, and PSG seems a fantastic opportunity to build something big. If he gets the chance to manage there he will fucking rip the french league to bits and make PSG a force in europe.

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #134 on: December 4, 2011, 08:51:54 pm »
Is it confirmed then?

If so, I wish him the best of luck.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #135 on: December 4, 2011, 08:54:00 pm »

I don't care where Rafa goes as long as he and his family are happy.

Nice commute from Caldy, Lime Street to Euston hop across to St Pancras and into Gare du Nord.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Darth Red

• Kopite
« Reply #136 on: December 4, 2011, 08:57:05 pm »
They have got themselves one of the finest managers if true. Fair play to him. PSG for European cup next year so!

Offline WarringtonRed

• Anny Roader
  • Suarez is fuckin boss
« Reply #137 on: December 4, 2011, 08:57:14 pm »
Balague said "its not about to happen" but talks are ongoing

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: December 4, 2011, 08:58:45 pm »
I'll keep the debate on track about moving to PSG.

Benitez has always admitted that he wanted full control at the next football club he manages. All the clubs he could manage seem to have a multiple management structure, similar to us. Maybe he has admitted that if he wants to work again it will have to be with a DOF/GM.

The role of Leonardo will be important, for years he was scout at AC, then manager of both AC and succeeded Rafa at Inter. I'd imagine they could be a good combination though.

I'd rather he was working again even if we see less of him doing the media work.

If it happens then the best of luck to him! Hopefully we may meet in next seasons CL.
Leonardo is a very good DOF, before succeeding Anchelotti at Milan, he was to them what Comolli was to us now, Galliani was their Ayre. Leonardo brought them lot of very good players especially from South America, on top of my head are Kaka & Pato, he also brought some good Italian players at cheap prices. He always got on well with Anchelotti and Carlo always spoke highly of him.

When he went to PSG, he continued the trend of bringing good players at relatively low prices or lower than what they're already worth, Menez, Momo, Sirigu, Gamiero with only Pastore being their high profile signing. They are on the verge of signing Balzaretti from Palermo and even if they sign Beckham, it won't be such a bad buy at all in the French league considering its tempo is slow and the style of play requires less physicality. I think Rafa would get on very well with Leonardo being the Director of Football at PSG.

I think if Rafa's appointment is imminent as Al Jazeera just revealed, then I'd hazard a guess and say he won't find it difficult to win Ligue 1 at all, Kombouaré isn't a high profile coach at all, yet he has taken them all the way to the top and right now they're sitting second, just three points below Montpelier, who are over performing at the moment. I'd go all the way to say that under him, I expect them to do a Lyon and win the league for a long time. However, I think Rafa's main task will be making PSG a dominant force in Europe, that's why they're getting rid of Kombouaré and replacing him with a high profile manager and since Anchelotti (who IMO was PSG and Leonardo preferred option) said he has no intentions of taking the job, it is logical that they'd go after Rafa who is the only high profile manager available that can do this task.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 4, 2011, 08:58:57 pm »
NicoFleche85: According to Canal+, there's not been any contact between Rafael Benitez and Paris Saint-Germain.

French football expert so I guess we'll see.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #140 on: December 4, 2011, 08:59:39 pm »
How are they doing as of now? Strange to get rid of a manager in December unless things are going badly wrong

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 4, 2011, 09:01:18 pm »

I don't care where Rafa goes as long as he and his family are happy.

Nice commute from Caldy, Lime Street to Euston hop across to St Pancras and into Gare du Nord.

Or alternatively an easyjet job from JLA to CDG - hour and a half tops

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #142 on: December 4, 2011, 09:02:24 pm »
Ballague said they're in talks but nothing so far.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 4, 2011, 09:03:47 pm »
NicoFleche85: According to Canal+, there's not been any contact between Rafael Benitez and Paris Saint-Germain.

French football expert so I guess we'll see.
If Al Jazeera said it then it is a matter of time before it becomes official. The Qatar Investment Authority owns both PSG and Al Jazeera as a matter of fact, Nasser Al-Khelaďfi is the president of PSG and Al Jazeera Sports channel.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2011, 09:05:38 pm by Y2J »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 4, 2011, 09:04:50 pm »
How are they doing as of now? Strange to get rid of a manager in December unless things are going badly wrong
City did the same thing with Hughes as far as I know, even though they weren't doing so bad.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 4, 2011, 09:05:39 pm »
Leonardo is a very good DOF, before succeeding Anchelotti at Milan, he was to them what Comolli was to us now, Galliani was their Ayre. Leonardo brought them lot of very good players especially from South America, on top of my head are Kaka & Pato, he also brought some good Italian players at cheap prices. He always got on well with Anchelotti and Carlo always spoke highly of him.

When he went to PSG, he continued the trend of bringing good players at relatively low prices or lower than what they're already worth, Menez, Momo, Sirigu, Gamiero with only Pastore being their high profile signing. They are on the verge of signing Balzaretti from Palermo and even if they sign Beckham, it won't be such a bad buy at all in the French league considering its tempo is slow and the style of play requires less physicality. I think Rafa would get on very well with Leonardo being the Director of Football at PSG.

I think if Rafa's appointment is imminent as Al Jazeera just revealed, then I'd hazard a guess and say he won't find it difficult to win Ligue 1 at all, Kombouaré isn't a high profile coach at all, yet he has taken them all the way to the top and right now they're sitting second, just three points below Montpelier, who are over performing at the moment. I'd go all the way to say that under him, I expect them to do a Lyon and win the league for a long time. However, I think Rafa's main task will be making PSG a dominant force in Europe, that's why they're getting rid of Kombouaré and replacing him with a high profile manager and since Anchelotti (who IMO was PSG and Leonardo preferred option) said he has no intentions of taking the job, it is logical that they'd go after Rafa who is the only high profile manager available that can do this task.

Good post that mate.

I know he is well respected in the industry Leonardo, and with out being all Henry Winter, from his media work he seems like a nice fella. However you could say he is ruthless if he sacks a manager 2nd and it is still early in the season.

Whether Benitez goes there or not, getting the PSG job will be a good move for who ever.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 4, 2011, 09:10:19 pm »
Good post that mate.

I know he is well respected in the industry Leonardo, and with out being all Henry Winter, from his media work he seems like a nice fella. However you could say he is ruthless if he sacks a manager 2nd and it is still early in the season.

Whether Benitez goes there or not, getting the PSG job will be a good move for who ever.
I don't look at it as ruthlessness at all, Kombouaré isn't a high profile manager and they wanted someone to take them to the next level. They might be doing well in the league but that's expected as they bought lot of quality players and their form in the Europa has been below par not to mention they were humiliated at times this season. They want their own manager who can take them to the next level and make them compete in Europe, Rafa is that man.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #147 on: December 4, 2011, 09:12:25 pm »
There is a strange and irrational part of me that thinks Rafa will sit on ice until Kenny does his thing.

Y'know, Rafa sitting in a football lab, working out every side in the world, building lists of players that could make us great again.

Its incredibly sad and sommewhat pathetic. I rate him that highly.

As long as he is happy.....
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #148 on: December 4, 2011, 09:12:31 pm »
Perfect job for him.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 4, 2011, 09:13:56 pm »
Perfect job for him.

On the face of it, it certainly looks that way.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 4, 2011, 09:17:12 pm »
http://twitter.com/benlyt/status/143438257424830464

@benlytBen Lyttleton
Source close to #Benitez tells Eurosport: 'There's nothing w/ #PSG, have been no discussions w/ club & none planned.' via @CedricRouquette
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Djimothy

• Kopite
« Reply #151 on: December 4, 2011, 09:18:29 pm »
So its aload of bollocks then?

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #152 on: December 4, 2011, 09:18:42 pm »
There is a strange and irrational part of me that thinks Rafa will sit on ice until Kenny does his thing.

Y'know, Rafa sitting in a football lab, working out every side in the world, building lists of players that could make us great again.

His arse will probably get frostbite then.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 4, 2011, 09:19:55 pm »
http://twitter.com/benlyt/status/143438257424830464

@benlytBen Lyttleton
Source close to #Benitez tells Eurosport: 'There's nothing w/ #PSG, have been no discussions w/ club & none planned.' via @CedricRouquette
Would always love to know who is this unnamed "source(s)" who always come out and say nothing is true whatsoever.

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 4, 2011, 09:22:00 pm »
Rafa will burst if he moves to Paris with the food there.
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 4, 2011, 09:22:01 pm »

Why not he go to PSG and after a few years of trophies takes over us?
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 4, 2011, 09:23:10 pm »
paul_tomkinsPaul Tomkins

RT @benlyt: Source close to #Benitez tells Eurosport: 'There's nothing w/ #PSG, have been no discussions w/ club & none planned.'
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 4, 2011, 09:24:56 pm »
Why not he go to PSG and after a few years of trophies takes over us?

That would mean the whole 'football lab' bit would be fucked up the arse.

Let me have my dream.

@rednich85

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #158 on: December 4, 2011, 09:26:40 pm »
paul_tomkinsPaul Tomkins

RT @benlyt: Source close to #Benitez tells Eurosport: 'There's nothing w/ #PSG, have been no discussions w/ club & none planned.'

I guess this can be put to bed then and rednich's dream survives another day.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 4, 2011, 09:28:46 pm »
Hallelujah.

@rednich85