Author Topic: Luis Suarez - FA guilty charge and LFC Statement (*)  (Read 894307 times)

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
Re: Luis Suarez - FA guilty charge and LFC Statement (*)
« Reply #7720 on: December 24, 2011, 01:45:04 pm »
The crucial point here is that if true - ie that Evra began the 'dialogue' in Spanish - then the interpretations have to be viewed in their correct idiom. Thus Suarez's use of Porque negro/negrito would have tripped off his tongue instinctively. hence no racial undertow whatsoever merely what the fuck you on about you odious little Reptilain fuckin vermin piece of shit.

Sorry.

:)
Mirra currently thinks it's racist. He's not yet commented on whether in the Uruguyan street idiom Suarez's language may have been entirely innocent.

So do you actually mean you think it's racist pending a read of the transcript?

You make some good points Timbo and I think in general everyone agrees this is a farce created by the FA. However how one person who may be black, brown, yellow etc may feel when someone references their colour is entirely up to them. If all your mates call you fat as a bit of a laugh it still does not mean you wouldn't chin a stranger if they called you fat. This is almost a pointless argument as no one really knows what has been said. But if someone from Uraguay called me a negro or negrito I would have an issue. I may not if I was from Uraguay but I am not. After some explanation and an apology I may take on board they know no better but it still doesn't mean I didn't find it offensive.

Evra might purely be pulling the race card or might genuinely have been offended - my guess is as good as yours (I know he is a cock). However Suarez (if bright) will never use that reference again on an english football pitch and I agree he shouldn't. I disagree entirely with the way he has been treated. I disagree with the way its been handled. I do believe he should have been cautioned by the FA but not banned as we accept he didn't fully understand that someone might take offence.

I don't believe he is racist even though the media have set up a campaign to suggest so. I do think cultural differences should be accounted for. But I still believe unless you fully understand the dialect someone is using negro or negrito would irritate and there is no place for it on a pitch in the UK.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7721 on: December 24, 2011, 01:47:46 pm »
On a slightly different note, what the fuck was wrong with Evra on that day? He was an absolute nutjob from the first whistle, whinging, diving, kissing the badge, swearing at the ref/players, getting involved with the crowd. He was off his fucking head.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #7722 on: December 24, 2011, 01:47:47 pm »
Unfortunately Luis can't decide whether he caused offence even though it wasn't intended. Evra took offence and therefore it was investigated.

The problem is Evra with the full backing of Ferguson (who in my opinion knew exactly what was going to happen cause he's a malicious twat) decided to escalate the issue rather than do the obvious thing and ask Luis what he meant and thus giving him the opportunity to apologise.

And as you said, the right thing to do was to take it offline and sort it out. Evra said that Suarez is not a racist and so he therefore should have sorted it our rather than making an issue out of it. Racism and people who are racist should be kicked out, but making an issue about somebody who you state is not a racist is pathetic especially when the word allegedly used does not translate into a racist word.

Hopefully anyone who is called "Paddy" or even "ginger" should claim they were insulted and ask for their case to be heard.
#JFT97

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #7723 on: December 24, 2011, 01:49:11 pm »
Fuck this, I'm gonna have a fag.
(Sorry to our North American friends, it's not what you think  ;) )
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #7724 on: December 24, 2011, 01:50:00 pm »
So is Mirra male or female? I always presumed because of his/hers excellent boxing knowledge Mirra must of been a male.(sexist I know)

I also think Mirra makes some excellent points in this thread.

Pre op transsexual. If you've seen the cab driver in the 'League Of Gentlemen' you're on the right lines. Happy to help.

Alright Mirra love? Looks like the hormone treatments are kicking in. Nipples still like bullets? ;)

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7725 on: December 24, 2011, 01:50:52 pm »
According to Briane Reade and today's Echo it seems the word used has actually been 'Negro'.

But we don't know that - it's still speculation. And even if that's the word, it still has cultural differences and doesn't translate perfectly, so we'll just have to see.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Online Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7726 on: December 24, 2011, 01:51:14 pm »
And as you said, the right thing to do was to take it offline and sort it out. Evra said that Suarez is not a racist and so he therefore should have sorted it our rather than making an issue out of it. Racism and people who are racist should be kicked out, but making an issue about somebody who you state is not a racist is pathetic especially when the word allegedly used does not translate into a racist word.

Hopefully anyone who is called "Paddy" or even "ginger" should claim they were insulted and ask for their case to be heard.

I agree. This should never have gone this far. It should have been sorted afterwards. Ferguson knows exactly what he was doing and has set this up good and proper.

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7727 on: December 24, 2011, 01:51:18 pm »
You make some good points Timbo and I think in general everyone agrees this is a farce created by the FA. However how one person who may be black, brown, yellow etc may feel when someone references their colour is entirely up to them. If all your mates call you fat as a bit of a laugh it still does not mean you wouldn't chin a stranger if they called you fat. This is almost a pointless argument as no one really knows what has been said. But if someone from Uraguay called me a negro or negrito I would have an issue. I may not if I was from Uraguay but I am not. After some explanation and an apology I may take on board they know no better but it still doesn't mean I didn't find it offensive.

Evra might purely be pulling the race card or might genuinely have been offended - my guess is as good as yours (I know he is a cock). However Suarez (if bright) will never use that reference again on an english football pitch and I agree he shouldn't. I disagree entirely with the way he has been treated. I disagree with the way its been handled. I do believe he should have been cautioned by the FA but not banned as we accept he didn't fully understand that someone might take offence.

I don't believe he is racist even though the media have set up a campaign to suggest so. I do think cultural differences should be accounted for. But I still believe unless you fully understand the dialect someone is using negro or negrito would irritate and there is no place for it on a pitch in the UK.

Why cant people understand that they were "allegedly" speaking in Spanish, therefore what Luis said should be taking into Spanish context. It has absolutely fuck all to do with English people or the English language.

By failing to accept cultural differences and condemning Luis for using harmless Spanish words, is this not "racist" on behalf of the FA or the Independent Panel?
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7728 on: December 24, 2011, 01:52:27 pm »
I don't think anybody knows to be honest - other than the people at the hearing. When this whole thing started, the media were saying it was definitely "negrito" and then, a cynic would say suspiciously, about 1 week before the hearing started the Guardian (I think) stated the word used was "negro" and it seems to have stuck as in the media ever since.

The Echo actually states today "The word used was Negro not Negrito".

I could not see them saying that unless they were privy to some information.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #7729 on: December 24, 2011, 01:53:24 pm »
When was he supposed to apologise?

It was hypothetical so here's a scenario. If Evra and Ferguson had decided to seek out Luis which they could have done as easily as they sought out the ref then it could and should've been cleared up there and then. If at that point Luis had said something like, "I didn't mean to cause offence in the manner you are suggesting so therefore I apologise" then that would've been the end of it. Of course if Luis had told Evra to fuck off then seek out the ref.

But the fact is that both Evra and Ferguson are both c*nts and wanted to cause the maximum damage to us so they went straight to the ref. Even the ref could've got both parties together and tried to resolve unless he did and I've missed something.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7730 on: December 24, 2011, 01:54:15 pm »
Actually Mirra your post is very enlightening as its thought process seems to hail from pretty much the same place as much of the UK medias - ie that no matter how you wrap it up the term 'negro' or 'negrito' simply has to be intrinsically racist because it's a blatant reference to colour [in this case of the skin of an odious little runt].

The point is none of us - or Liverpool Football Club's lawyers, players, manager etc - are saying for one minute that the term negro in either its English noun idiom or in its direct adjective translation from Spanish is not related to a black person or the colour black.

What is being maintained - not dressed up - is the fact that the term "Porque negro/negrito" on the streets of Uruguay has evolved a usage that has departed for some considerable time from its literal translation to mean something entirely different. It actually means a variety of things dependent upon context and expression. In this particular incident - as Evra in his typical venomous snarling manner brushed aside Suarez's attempts [in admittedly possibly patronising manner] to let it lie with a withering insult snapped in Spanish - it is likely Suarez's own 'Porque, Negro/negrita' was our equivalent of 'what the fuck's up with you pal?'

What we are all now pretty convinced about - courtesy of witnessing Evra's petulance live, the invaluable contribution of native Uruguyans regarding the street language meaning of the negro/negrito Uruguyan vocabulary and the utter shellshocked response of the club to the guilty verdict - is that there was no racial connotation whatsoever in Suarez's response. Not so much as a flicker. And apparently, too, very minimal if any insulting behaviour. The same would seem most definitely not be the case with the little venomous clat tale twat Evra.

Clearly when genuine Liverpool fans such as your goodself - and others too - are still sceptical of what seem to be the quite innocent facts of the matter [far from innocent in the case of Evra i might add] then it is hardly surprising that there remains such an uphill struggle yet to be encountered to ultimately prove Suarez's innocence and ram the heinous injustice right back up the jaxi of all the odious twats who have jumped so effortlessly onto the racist witch hunt bandwagon.

I don't really like to use the analogy but it really does remind me of the awful struggle it was to convince fellow Liverpudlians of our supporter's innocence in the immediate aftermath of Hillsborough when all the media - bar the Liverpoool Echo - went into overdrive in their craving to pin the blame for the disaster on drunken, late, ticketless scouse thugs. The letters I wrote back then fell on so many deaf ears too.

cracking post that Timbo...well in lad
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7731 on: December 24, 2011, 01:54:35 pm »
Some good questions from twatter, i haven't heard about the QC's holiday, anyone else???

1. Why does the FA seemingly have no procedure to ensure absolute privacy & confidentiality for reporting & resolving sensitive incidents?

2. In the absence of any procedure, why has there been no public request from the FA to ask for media restraint to ensure a fair hearing?

AFAIK, in a criminal court case the fact those two points were allowed would immediately obligate the judge/panel to acquit on the basis of an unfair trial.

But, as has been mentioned before, the FA is a law unto itself [ which exists solely for the benefit of England FC ... but's that for another topic ]

Online Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7732 on: December 24, 2011, 01:55:16 pm »
Why cant people understand that they were "allegedly" speaking in Spanish, therefore what Luis said should be taking into Spanish context. It has absolutely fuck all to do with English people or the English language.

By failing to accept cultural differences and condemning Luis for using harmless Spanish words, is this not "racist" on behalf of the FA or the Independent Panel?

I have already said that their cultural differences should have been taken into account. But unless you learned your spanish in Uruguay negro in spain is black.

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7733 on: December 24, 2011, 01:55:31 pm »
BCCC, do you honestly think Ferguson would have let it rest if Luis apologised? Hes a malicious c*nt and any sign of weakness he would have went for the jugular, regardless if Luis apologised or not.
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7734 on: December 24, 2011, 01:56:25 pm »
So Hansen is being criticised for using the term Coloured instead of Black and Suarez is being criticised for the using the direct Spanish translation of the word to the one Hansen should of used.

I get it now.
That's such a succinct point.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7735 on: December 24, 2011, 01:56:39 pm »
I have already said that their cultural differences should have been taken into account. But unless you learned your spanish in Uruguay negro in spain is black.

I thought "black" was inoffensive, given what happened with Alan Hansen's remark regarding "coloured" people? We'll have to wait and see what the official evidence is before commenting I suppose.

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7736 on: December 24, 2011, 01:56:53 pm »
I agree. This should never have gone this far. It should have been sorted afterwards. Ferguson knows exactly what he was doing and has set this up good and proper.

Yes - an apology from Luis should have been issued immediately stating that he meant no offence. All we now have is a farce where football itself is loosing. There's also a responsibility on the "offended" to be honest.......was he really that offended that he couldn't have just told Suarez to f@@@ off? BTW I am not trying to belittle racism in its systemic or nastiest form.........but two people slanging each other off on a football pitch should be dealt with quietly between the clubs. You shouldn't claim "offence" and then say that the guy is not a racist otherwise you are just playing silly games.
#JFT97

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7737 on: December 24, 2011, 01:57:42 pm »
It was hypothetical so here's a scenario. If Evra and Ferguson had decided to seek out Luis which they could have done as easily as they sought out the ref then it could and should've been cleared up there and then. If at that point Luis had said something like, "I didn't mean to cause offence in the manner you are suggesting so therefore I apologise" then that would've been the end of it. Of course if Luis had told Evra to fuck off then seek out the ref.

But the fact is that both Evra and Ferguson are both c*nts and wanted to cause the maximum damage to us so they went straight to the ref. Even the ref could've got both parties together and tried to resolve unless he did and I've missed something.

Exactly. If Suarez doesn't know he has caused any offence then then he is not obliged to seek out Evra and apologise. However, if Evra believes that Suarez has deliberately offended he should have sought out Suarez first rather than go crying "racist" at the first opportunity (well, first opportunity being after game on French TV and not, as Premier League rules instruct, telling the ref the minute it happens)

Online Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7738 on: December 24, 2011, 01:58:10 pm »
BCCC, do you honestly think Ferguson would have let it rest if Luis apologised? Hes a malicious c*nt and any sign of weakness he would have went for the jugular, regardless if Luis apologised or not.
Yes - an apology from Luis should have been issued immediately stating that he meant no offence. All we now have is a farce where football itself is loosing. There's also a responsibility on the "offended" to be honest.......was he really that offended that he couldn't have just told Suarez to f@@@ off? BTW I am not trying to belittle racism in its systemic or nastiest form.........but two people slanging each other off on a football pitch should be dealt with quietly between the clubs. You shouldn't claim "offence" and then say that the guy is not a racist otherwise you are just playing silly games.

I agree.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #7739 on: December 24, 2011, 01:58:37 pm »
Of course nobody knows what got said between the two of them, perhaps until The Fools Association release their findings. However I am convinced, 100,0000% that Kenny and the club AND the players wouldnt be so united in their support for Luis if there was even a chance of any wrong-doing on his part.
That show of solidatory alone should prove to all and sundry that Luis Suarez is innocent and this whole sorry situation is nothing more than a witch-hunt.

The media are unsuprisingly painting Suarez as some kind of monster, Sky Sports wheeling out every former black player to have a go at him, whilst Saint John Terry is being portrayed as a victim.
We have idiots such as Paul McGrath getting on his soapbox taking the moral high-ground at Glen Johnson over the t-shirt situation, the same McGrath who was so quick to forgive Ron Atkinson, "well, he's old school isnt it"

I know people are saying, "them scousers again, always think the world is against them, paranoid, self-pity city, blah, blah" but its not that........

This is agenda-driven, its unfair, its biased, its corrupted, it stinks and its wrong!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7740 on: December 24, 2011, 01:59:28 pm »

And let's not forget - apologising is the same as admitting guilt.

Online Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7741 on: December 24, 2011, 02:00:17 pm »
I thought "black" was inoffensive, given what happened with Alan Hansen's remark regarding "coloured" people? We'll have to wait and see what the official evidence is before commenting I suppose.

we wont know until the report is out. But going by their FA clause it was an insult that referenced colour or something?

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7742 on: December 24, 2011, 02:00:30 pm »

Maybe Ferguson would have still pushed it but then he would have been the one looking the idiot after a guy had apologised genuinely.
#JFT97

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7743 on: December 24, 2011, 02:01:08 pm »
The Echo actually states today "The word used was Negro not Negrito".

I could not see them saying that unless they were privy to some information.

That would be a first in recent years.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline checkolad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7744 on: December 24, 2011, 02:02:30 pm »
My stance is that Evra has heard something along the lines of negro so is well within his rights to complain so I don't understand the abuse from some of our so called fans. It's just the context that is the problem.

Online Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7745 on: December 24, 2011, 02:02:54 pm »

Its not really. If you make a genuine mistake you apologise not out of guilt but out of error.

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7746 on: December 24, 2011, 02:02:57 pm »

An apology in the right manner is not admitting guilt.........it's admitting that the other person needlessly took offence at something that was not meant to offend.
#JFT97

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7747 on: December 24, 2011, 02:03:11 pm »

To be honest with this ruling you can claim what you want - one man's word against another so long as your skin colour is perhaps darker than that of the accused. The FA have seriously messed up in a massive way.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7748 on: December 24, 2011, 02:04:59 pm »
My stance is that Evra has heard something along the lines of negro so is well within his rights to complain so I don't understand the abuse from some of our so called fans. It's just the context that is the problem.

That is a bit of an understatement ;).

Its not really. If you make a genuine mistake you apologise not out of guilt but out of error.

It really depends on how the apology is worded to be honest, but I agree.
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7749 on: December 24, 2011, 02:06:11 pm »

Depends how it's worded. "I apoligise for any offence my comment may have caused, that was certainly not my intention" is the usual line.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7750 on: December 24, 2011, 02:06:43 pm »
That risks an even longer ban and Ferguson drew a parallel with the way United reacted when Evra was banned for four matches in 2008 for becoming embroiled in a post-match fight with Sam Bethell, a Chelsea groundsman. The club, he pointed out, had accepted the verdict.

"Patrice got that suspension for the incident down at Chelsea when no one was there, just a groundsman and our fitness coach. He got a four-match ban and we had to wait two weeks for the evidence to come through. We were quite astounded at that. A four-match ban? We thought it was well over the top for a trivial incident. But it happened and there's nothing you can do about it, you know."

The only parallel between the two events is that an accusation of racial abuse involving Evra was present. Chelsea's response to the verdict sums up a great deal of why we are fighting for Suarez

However, while they accepted their groundsman was incorrect to get involved with United players starting their warm-down, who were already incensed after a controversial 2-1 defeat, they were keen to rid Bethell of the racism tag.

Right from the outset they vowed to defend their man and feel today's outcome has vindicated that stance.

A statement from the Stamford Bridge club read: "Chelsea would like to thank the Football Association for their decision that there was no racist element involved in the incident between Patrice Evra and Sam Bethell, a member of the Chelsea ground staff.

"Chelsea always strenuously denied the racist allegation and that position has been totally vindicated by the FA.

"Alleging racism is one of the most serious accusations that can be made in football. Chelsea has a zero-tolerance attitude towards racism and is fighting hard with the rest of football to rid all forms of discrimination from the game.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=599467&sec=england&cc=5901

It's the 'racist' tag we are trying to shake off Suarez. In our case the club don't feel Suarez used racist language. We are arguing that linguistic context and cultural differences have to be applied here. In the Evra-Chelsea case, there was almost a two week delay from the time the punishment was meted out until the evidence was released. In our case, the need for this evidence to be published immediately is clear. The 2008 verdict against Evra posited him as a liar; this verdict against Suarez places him in the public eye as a racist, even if the FA's panel don't believe he is. The former can make an individual appear to be untrustworthy; the latter is an accusation that can stick like mud and ruin a person's livelihood. Thus, the need for the evidence to be released immediately is necessary for providing a definitive series of facts and answers for public consumption, rather than the potentially heinous elements of hearsay currently acting as facts in the media.

Also United stepped away from appealing Evra's case because

It appears unlikely Evra could win an appeal given he had already admitted he was at fault for the incident at Stamford Bridge involving the Chelsea groundsman Sam Bethell.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/dec/16/patrice-evra-manchester-united

Interestingly in the Suarez case, Evra admitted he used insulting language towards Suarez and yet that element seemingly wasn't explored by the panel.

And contrary to what Ferguson now says about the Evra-Chelsea case, he didn't take it lightly. He called it "the worst decision I have ever known".

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #7751 on: December 24, 2011, 02:07:32 pm »
Could explain why in the Club statement it said Suarez told panel he didn't hear it, to his credit.
There would be no credit if he didn't hear it.

He could've lied, just as he could've lied about using the word 'negrito'. To his credit, he told the truth.
Blank.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7752 on: December 24, 2011, 02:11:46 pm »
Alex Ferguson's and the FA's response to Peter Schmeichel allegedly (ie, caught on camera) calling Ian Wright a 'black c***'

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?p=6799524

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-peace-breaks-out-in-wright-feud-1266505.html
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline snowlion

• Kopite
« Reply #7753 on: December 24, 2011, 02:11:58 pm »
A form of racism is when you put your own cultural ideals so far above other races or nationalities that your's becomes supreme.

Example: Judging that which is said in Spanish only after translating it into English because the majority of the population of the location you are in is English.

To ignore that other cultures and races have their own languages and their own phrases and understanding is racist.
Make Us Dream

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7754 on: December 24, 2011, 02:15:30 pm »
On a slightly different note, what the fuck was wrong with Evra on that day? He was an absolute nutjob from the first whistle, whinging, diving, kissing the badge, swearing at the ref/players, getting involved with the crowd. He was off his fucking head.

You have to look at the context of what had gone on before United had got into the habit of turning up at Liverpool getting outfought, out battled and soundly beaten. Pre-match Ferguson had openly admitted that in previous years Liverpool had simply wanted it more.

Then you look at United teams selection with the likes of Rooney, Nani and Hernandez on the bench and a very physical line up with a Centre Half in midfield. It looked to me that Ferguson was intent on turning the game into a battle.

Given that scenario who better to turn the game into a kicking match than Evra a player with a knack of getting under the skin of players as evidenced by the Men against Boys comments at the time of the Champions League games against Arsenal.

Arsenal are a free flowing side who look to play good football and if you can't match them get Evra to throw a grenade into the mix and turn it into a battle.

The problem was Liverpool unlike Arsenal were not biting we were playing extremely controlled fluent football and completely bossing the game and instead of winding up Liverpool the exact opposite was happening and it was Evra who was getting wound up and losing control.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #7755 on: December 24, 2011, 02:15:47 pm »
It's obvious that the media are clubbing together.

I have never bought the 'Conspiracy' theories. There is no global evil conspiracy with 'Cigarette Smoking Men' shuffling around, secret meetings and money changing hands. The idea of that is ludicrous.

However you do have a man that has been in a top position in football for over two decades who holds immense influence and power within the game. Additionally he is a Knight of the Realm which adds to his power within the game. You just have to see his regular 'Mind games' whenever his feather get ruffled and you have to see the corresponding actions by various media outlets when he wants to get his point across. It is obvious that many in the FA are shit scared of him and it is equally obvious given the abuse they get that many officials in the game have to be very, very sure to give a decision against his side in error - lest they be hung out to dry by him and his cronies in the media.

This whole campaign started in a usual fashion for this man against the Club which he detests. And then he's gone on to have his usual go's. He's picked on individual players before for 'the way they act on the pitch' - usually some act that one or more of his players regularly perform themselves without a mention in the media he holds such sway in. A casual think about 'diving' for instance and 'serial diving' in particular would easily bring about memories of Nistelrooy, Beckham, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney, Nani, Young and the list goes on.

There is no conspiracy. Just a fucking bitter twat that hated Liverpool FC from the off. Stated it clearly and obviously and then has done year in year out since he's been in the job.

I was quite surprised his comments regarding the fans cutting out the shite and being more at one. I viewed it with some trepidation. Usually, in the past, whenever he has come out with a comment like this, somethnig obvious he'd engineered with his chums down the media offices was about to pass. Look at previous instances with 'threats' like Wenger, Benitez, Mourinho and others that 'got too close for comfort' to his all encompassing 'greatness'. So I wondered what he was up to - in the same way whenever he says something actually decent to the press for a change he's always up to something.

And then this news broke. All throughout he gave press conferences effectively planting the idea that Liverpool FC should accept their medicine and should NOT say anything about it. This has since been echoed in the media from all sides and all quarters. He gave press conferences commenting on this case and the situation and then ironically during these 'chats' with his mates from the media he kept saying that he was saying nothing about what was going on (While talking about what was going on) - classic doublespeak from the man that is the master of the subject. Now he comes out and says he thinks the punishment was 'correct' (Wrecking a mans career and forcing him in a fury of bile and hatred from the English League). If anyone has read 1984 by George Orwell then the way Ferguson double speaks about many subjects, lies about others and then unexpectedly tells the truth randomly to throw people off - he'd make a fine villain.

The sad thing is that he's just as transparent today as he was 25 years ago when he was spitting venom against LFC. He really fucking hates us. I'm not sure why? He has said many times that he 'respects' the Liverpool FC fans (While having a go at Manchester United fans regularly). I think he is upset that even with everything he's won and everything he's done in the sport, so many Liverpool fans just see him for what he is - a backstabbing, cowardly toad of a man that says whatever he can to derail opponents and get them on-side to his advantage. And that sums him up - anything he can do at any time within and without the game to give his side an advantage over the rest. There is nothing he wouldn't sink to and there is nothing he wouldn't say.

But it's not just Liverpool fans that hate his guts. Go to lower level league games right down to the conference and they can't stand the man. He's a despicable excuse for a human being. He's your typical bullying snitch at school. He'd get your dinner money, but if someone stood up to him - he'd be off to the teacher to whine like a girl and 'get them into trouble'.

But his pet FA, the media and indeed himself are surprised by the ferocity of Liverpool FCs defence. Even their latest idea of branding every single Liverpool fan that defends Suarez as a racist is funny in it's own right. Is a lack of justice and what is right suddenly something that Liverpool fans or other fans shouldn't insist on? Has the FA been 'fair' are the media 'right'. The whole explosive and embarrasing outburst from the media tells its own tale. They are desperately trying to convince the world that Liverpool fans are Evil (But let's face it these fuckers have been doing that for decades now. They fucking hate the City and have been doing it down for decades and they hate the people in the City - just look at the bigoted twats all over the country and their shithouse views).

There is no conspiracy. There is no tinfoil hats required. Just a bitter old man with too much influence in a sport and too many cowards willing and ready to do his bidding. A word here, a pat on the head there, a shake of the hand and a smile there. That's all you need when you've been there longer than anyone else at the top of any sport.

Superb post Andy.

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7756 on: December 24, 2011, 02:19:22 pm »
Pre op transsexual. If you've seen the cab driver in the 'League Of Gentlemen' you're on the right lines. Happy to help.

Alright Mirra love? Looks like the hormone treatments are kicking in. Nipples still like bullets? ;)

I thought there was mention from Mirra of a black wife and mixed race children. Am I mistaken? Or just thick?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 02:21:29 pm by Daranoza »
Blank.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7757 on: December 24, 2011, 02:20:26 pm »
Not as far as im concerned. Never any need to call someone that.

He called him "Mate"

You'd honestly hospitalise someone if they called you "mate" or "Pal" in English?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7758 on: December 24, 2011, 02:21:24 pm »
What I would like to know having just been on the FA website in the disciplinary section is why there is no statement from the scum,Patrice Evra or even from Auld whiskey nose himself regarding what has gone on or their their version of events the only mention is from the FA stating the rules and regulations even though there are no witnesses and patrice evra has even gone as far to say Luis Suarez is not a racist ???? confused.com so the whole kangaroo court is based on the word of patrice evra yet in his own words describes luis as not being a racist and doesn't even issue a statement describing what was even alleged to have been said to him in the first place. I find this whole sorry affair quite dismal although not unsuprising coming from that lot and therefore would not be surprised if the whole thing has been engineered given the tenuous links between the Scum and the FA connection coincidence ? maybe or maybe not considering the kickings they've had of late.  :odd

the thing is, this whole rotten business actually has very little to do with racism and a great deal to do with the rivalry between LFC and MUFC and in particular Alex Ferguson's obsession/vendetta with Liverpool on which he has seemingly defined his entire managerial career ...sadly this is something that the media either havent cottoned onto ...or as is more likely the case, have conveniently overlooked.....I said on here as soon as the incident happened that if it hadnt have been Liverpool then the initial complaint wouldnt have made it out of the dressing room door...im even more convinced of that now

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7759 on: December 24, 2011, 02:22:40 pm »
He called him "Mate"

You'd honestly hospitalise someone if they called you "mate" or "Pal" in English?

I was disturbed by the prospect of hospitalising someone who had no intention of causing offence because you're too bloody arrogant to understand cultural differences.

Blank.