Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1931577 times)

Offline KJR71

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a red and white Kop...
Re: Newcastle United - RIP Jamal Khashoggi
« Reply #19480 on: April 30, 2022, 04:15:37 pm »
Their fans have a bit of the Everton about them. Seemed like 90 mins of booing and moaning over every little thing.

This is what I heard and thought too.  What a shite atmosphere to play in - although they referred to it being great.

This was coupled with the commentator (I guess it was 'Fletch') constantly going on about a foul leading to Liverpool's goal even though the ref disagreed with him, VAR disagreed with him, his co-commentator disagreed with him, the panel all disagreed with him and anyone with an ounce of sanity would disagree with him.  Then in the second half he said anyone who missed the goal could look at Milner's "collision" in slow motion. Why use the word collision as if to infer there was something to see and to infer to anyone who hadn't seen the goal that there was a reason it was unjustly given.  Fucking ballbag.  Thank fuck McManaman wasn't there to say "Yes Fletch".

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19481 on: April 30, 2022, 04:23:50 pm »
Saudi flag behind the goal.

Fucking state of them.

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19482 on: April 30, 2022, 05:36:43 pm »
This is what I heard and thought too.  What a shite atmosphere to play in - although they referred to it being great.

This was coupled with the commentator (I guess it was 'Fletch') constantly going on about a foul leading to Liverpool's goal even though the ref disagreed with him, VAR disagreed with him, his co-commentator disagreed with him, the panel all disagreed with him and anyone with an ounce of sanity would disagree with him.  Then in the second half he said anyone who missed the goal could look at Milner's "collision" in slow motion. Why use the word collision as if to infer there was something to see and to infer to anyone who hadn't seen the goal that there was a reason it was unjustly given.  Fucking ballbag.  Thank fuck McManaman wasn't there to say "Yes Fletch".

BT were shamelessly milking a non-event in order to stir controversy.

Yes, it looked dodgy in real time and from one angle, but once the other angle was shown it was as clear as day. A good challenge from Milner, who cleanly got the ball, then the Newcastle player kicked Milner before rolling around like he'd been shot. Right there is when they should have shut the hell up about it, but no...  ::)

Embarrassing from them.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #19483 on: April 30, 2022, 05:40:15 pm »
Their fans have a bit of the Everton about them. Seemed like 90 mins of booing and moaning over every little thing.

Newcastle and Sunderland support their team the Everton way. I.e. boo the ref for 90 minutes.

I think playing early suited us as it's less febrile. I remember a very highly charged atmosphere in s late kick off in 18/19 after the Barca semi. If it was moved to 7.45 the atmosphere goes up.a notch.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #19484 on: April 30, 2022, 10:53:32 pm »
Newcastle and Sunderland support their team the Everton way. I.e. boo the ref for 90 minutes.

I think playing early suited us as it's less febrile. I remember a very highly charged atmosphere in s late kick off in 18/19 after the Barca semi. If it was moved to 7.45 the atmosphere goes up.a notch.

True. That was a fucking intense match. Fortunately Divock executed all of his innate Zen to score a winning header and further ascribe himself into our rich and beautiful folklore
Believer

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #19485 on: April 30, 2022, 10:55:48 pm »
Abu Dhabi Vs Saudi will be interesting. 
Bragging rights amongst cousins?
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #19486 on: April 30, 2022, 11:08:57 pm »
Southgate looking very cosy with the Saudis. Their ideal appointment down the road.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19487 on: May 1, 2022, 02:24:40 am »
Saudi flag behind the goal.

Fucking state of them.

Saw that too. Abhorrent.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19488 on: May 1, 2022, 06:24:18 am »
If this season is anything to go by and with Chelsea's ownership change i can see anything below the top 2 being open to them pretty soon if they'll invest as much in the squad as we think they will.

Only two really strong teams in the league at the moment so without Liverpool these sportswashing murderous c*nts would dominate together in a few years,nauseating thought.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19489 on: May 1, 2022, 06:30:36 am »
Exactly. I can't see them challenging for a CL spot next year. The chances are slim unless they have a significant outlay. But they might be able to do enough to qualify for a Conference League spot at the expense of someone like Leicester.

Prior to our game, they were 1 point off 3rd place over the last 20 games.
If you say us and Abu Dhabi are clear 1 and 2 next season, there are 2 spots up for grabs.
For over half a season these disgusting fucks have been out performing most of the league. They'll be challenging for top 4 alright. Another 150-200m of blood money will see to that.
Sadly, I see them getting it, and like Abu Dhabi, they'll be a permanent fixture.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #19490 on: May 1, 2022, 08:20:01 am »
Prior to our game, they were 1 point off 3rd place over the last 20 games.
If you say us and Abu Dhabi are clear 1 and 2 next season, there are 2 spots up for grabs.
For over half a season these disgusting fucks have been out performing most of the league. They'll be challenging for top 4 alright. Another 150-200m of blood money will see to that.
Sadly, I see them getting it, and like Abu Dhabi, they'll be a permanent fixture.
And everyone will wank them off for their amazing turnaround under Howe (already happening this year)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19491 on: May 1, 2022, 08:48:03 am »
Southgate looking very cosy with the Saudis. Their ideal appointment down the road.

Hopefully. That would be hilarious.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19492 on: May 1, 2022, 09:18:11 am »

From a sportswashing point of view, it would be an ideal appointment. Combined with the signing of Sir Harold upfront, of course ...
« Last Edit: May 1, 2022, 10:26:10 pm by PeterTheRed »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19493 on: May 1, 2022, 09:21:03 am »
From a sportswashing point of wiev, it would be an ideal appointment. Combined with the signing of Sir Harold upfront, of course ...

From a sportswashing point of view, would it not be better to get someone good?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19494 on: May 1, 2022, 09:23:49 am »
Really a Saudi flag? What a bunch of shite twats.

Yea, BT scanned the crowd and you could see it, I pointed it out to my lad while saying they'd execute you for things you say in Saudi.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19495 on: May 1, 2022, 09:45:08 am »
From a sportswashing point of view, would it not be better to get someone good?

Nope, getting Sir Gareth and Sir Harold would immediately make them the darlings of the English press. The perfect PR exercise ...

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #19496 on: May 1, 2022, 09:49:31 am »
Nope, getting Sir Gareth and Sir Harold would immediately make them the darlings of the English press. The perfect PR exercise ...
I could see them doing that. Southgate is a logical step-up from Howe and the media would will wank themselves silly over the golden boy of English football going to them as a 100M+ signing.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19497 on: May 1, 2022, 10:56:42 am »
Saint Maximum is pretty poor.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #19498 on: May 1, 2022, 11:25:09 am »

The few times I've watched them play I get irrationally annoyed at all the paraphernalia he wears. He looks a right knob.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #19499 on: May 1, 2022, 11:29:16 am »

The very definition of a "head down" footballer.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19500 on: May 1, 2022, 11:33:31 am »
The few times I've watched them play I get irrationally annoyed at all the paraphernalia he wears. He looks a right knob.

I swear he has a new bandage every time, eventually he's just going to come out looking like a mummy.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19501 on: May 1, 2022, 12:03:17 pm »

he sure does.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19502 on: May 1, 2022, 12:10:16 pm »
he sure does.
I swear he has a new bandage every time, eventually he's just going to come out looking like a mummy.

Derby have expressed an interest in signing him.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19503 on: May 1, 2022, 01:20:18 pm »
BT were shamelessly milking a non-event in order to stir controversy.

Yes, it looked dodgy in real time and from one angle, but once the other angle was shown it was as clear as day. A good challenge from Milner, who cleanly got the ball, then the Newcastle player kicked Milner before rolling around like he'd been shot. Right there is when they should have shut the hell up about it, but no...  ::)

Embarrassing from them.

I've noticed this increasingly happening in sports journalism since it emerged that studies showed people engage more in content that makes them angry. 

I didn't see the match as I was working, but when I read the Sky report and saw the score, I was led to believe we scraped and scrapped a tight victory and were lucky that milner got away with a foul in the build up to our only goal. Until I watched the extended headlines, I believed that was what happened. The truth was a scoreline that flattered newcastle, the ref letting them away with yellows, and a foul on milner during the build up to our goal.

City/Utd fans (and all others who dislike us) will engage in that content more because Liverpool seemingly got away with (yet another, after Everton,apparently) poor reffing.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #19504 on: May 1, 2022, 01:36:03 pm »
From a sportswashing point of wiev, it would be an ideal appointment. Combined with the signing of Sir Harold upfront, of course ...

That and the access it would give them to the English youth conveyor belt.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #19505 on: May 1, 2022, 01:56:53 pm »

The only good thing about the commentary but I thought Lucy Ward was OK.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19506 on: May 2, 2022, 01:10:49 pm »
Someone mentioned this  on the match-day thread, but I'll mention it again. The fact that our away support are stuck up in the Gods at Newcastle gives an unfair advantage to this lot . Wasn't it supposed to have been changed a couple of years ago with pitch-side seating for the away suppor to comply with Premier League norms? Anyone know why this lot never got it sorted?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #19507 on: May 2, 2022, 02:31:49 pm »
Someone mentioned this  on the match-day thread, but I'll mention it again. The fact that our away support are stuck up in the Gods at Newcastle gives an unfair advantage to this lot . Wasn't it supposed to have been changed a couple of years ago with pitch-side seating for the away suppor to comply with Premier League norms? Anyone know why this lot never got it sorted?

Them and the Mancs get special dispensation 🙄 but I can't remember why. United is something to do with the disabled section below I think, think these might be to do with segregation maybe?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19508 on: May 2, 2022, 02:45:49 pm »

Yet on the telly you could still only here our fans
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #19509 on: May 2, 2022, 03:03:20 pm »
Them and the Mancs get special dispensation 🙄 but I can't remember why. United is something to do with the disabled section below I think, think these might be to do with segregation maybe?

Yeah it’s to do with the fans not being able to mingle after the match. Apparently that exit is the only one that they can separate the away fans from the home ones
Believer

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19510 on: May 4, 2022, 10:15:35 pm »
The very definition of a "head down" footballer.
He's going to destroy them at weekend. Come on Saint!

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19511 on: May 6, 2022, 02:45:51 pm »
Saint Maximin back tracking furiously I see after his interview to a French sports publication.

He was quoted as saying '' Those who have played with me know very well that in terms of pure quality I have nothing to envy to Sadio Mane, or to all those great players who play in top clubs. The day I have a player capable of finishing, I will make seasons with 10-15 assists and I will change dimensions in people's heads''

Perhaps he should think about changing the dimensions of his own head.

Anyhow, it's all been taken out of context or lost in translation or whatever, and Eddie Howe has assured his squad that the comments didn't come out the way Allan intended.

Just what we need before they play City.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19512 on: May 6, 2022, 02:53:27 pm »
Reads to me like it has been lost in translation.

He's still got an over-inflated opinion of himself. Comparing himself to Mane is a joke, he's no better than Adama Traore.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19513 on: May 6, 2022, 02:57:52 pm »
Funny though, you never see these great players diminish any of their peers achievements. They're all driven to do better and improve, not mouth off about how good they could be with decent players.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #19514 on: May 6, 2022, 03:01:01 pm »
Reads to me like it has been lost in translation.

He's still got an over-inflated opinion of himself. Comparing himself to Mane is a joke, he's no better than Adama Traore.
Hopefully he can channel the threat Adama used to present to city. He is basically the same player
YNWA

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19515 on: May 6, 2022, 03:14:55 pm »
Conor Wickham is shite

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19516 on: May 6, 2022, 05:35:32 pm »
Saint Maximin back tracking furiously I see after his interview to a French sports publication.

He was quoted as saying '' Those who have played with me know very well that in terms of pure quality I have nothing to envy to Sadio Mane, or to all those great players who play in top clubs. The day I have a player capable of finishing, I will make seasons with 10-15 assists and I will change dimensions in people's heads''

Anyhow, it's all been taken out of context or lost in translation or whatever, and Eddie Howe has assured his squad that the comments didn't come out the way Allan intended.

Just what we need before they play City.

To be fair to him, all Newcastle strikers are terrible. Not that he would pass the ball to them, even if they were any good ...

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #19517 on: May 6, 2022, 06:13:31 pm »

I love the idea that he's appealing to the opinion of his teammates ("They'll all tell you how brilliant I am...") in order to denigrate his teammates ("...and if only they were any good themselves I would be the Assist-King")
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #19518 on: May 10, 2022, 09:06:06 pm »
I’ve just seen that tourism advertisement on Sky for Saudi Arabia. No idea why it surprised me, apart from the fact it’s right up there with Russia & North Korea for the last place I’d want to visit.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #19519 on: May 10, 2022, 10:48:23 pm »